Leo4All

eddie11c

316 posts in this topic

Ok guys here is hoping you all made a backup copy of the original ISO as I asked, for whatever reason the small changes I need to make are not working via PPF on top of PPF. So the new patch will include all the fixes but will require the original ISO. If you deleted it ( :unsure: ) don't worry you can download it again.

Donut I need to know some specifics about your hardware. What is the Device ID for your IDE/SATA controller? What specific options do you have in your BIOS? (I know its limited)

eddie11c, so we should apply this 2nd patch over the original DVD ONLY, or should we apply this patch over the 1st patch as well. Can you please clarify, Thank you.

Also, which file do we select from the server directory, I see the 37 files, and a document file. Below is a snapshot:

Ok guys here is hoping you all made a backup copy of the original ISO as I asked, for whatever reason the small changes I need to make are not working via PPF on top of PPF. So the new patch will include all the fixes but will require the original ISO. If you deleted it ( :P ) don't worry you can download it again.

Donut I need to know some specifics about your hardware. What is the Device ID for your IDE/SATA controller? What specific options do you have in your BIOS? (I know its limited)

post-196249-1205097084_thumb.png

This new patch will be for an untouched ISO. the small changes I made would not work with PPF properly. So I am uploading Leo4AllPPFv2, it is now the only PPF patch you can download(the other was removed) you will need the original ISO and this to patch it with. The new MD5 should be d2669f936a29700bdaafcbf61bbf0748.

This fixes the bootloader issues, no more B0 errors!(crosses fingers)

It is now up, only 103M(zipped) so download at will.

This will not work anymore. Please download the PPF patch I uploaded to the FTP, apply it to the ISO and burn it to a DVD. The bootloader will not install from running OSInstall.mpkg only from Installer.app that runs when you boot the DVD.

I will hop on the leopard IRC channel for this site(irc.osx86.hu), if you can hop on there I will give what assistance I can.

ok

i'l do that.

Consider that I just have installed the boot loader ,on the hdd and on the usb hdd as well.

Okay so this means this has been a revision of the original (rev.1) patch? right? That means I don't patch this on the existing patch that you uploaded before, right?

This new patch will be for an untouched ISO. the small changes I made would not work with PPF properly. So I am uploading Leo4AllPPFv2, it is now the only PPF patch you can download(the other was removed) you will need the original ISO and this to patch it with. The new MD5 should be d2669f936a29700bdaafcbf61bbf0748.

This fixes the bootloader issues, no more B0 errors!(crosses fingers)

It is now up, only 103M(zipped) so download at will.

Okay so this means this has been a revision of the original (rev.1) patch? right? That means I don't patch this on the existing patch that you uploaded before, right?
Right, this patch is for the original ISO.
eddie can you include realtek rtl8187L driver in the dvd? (you can download it here
I can do that before I finalize the release, for now I want to work out some more pressing hardware issues first.

Ok chip on the FTP you will find a new folder for you. Inside is a packed Extensions folder and Extensions.mkext file. Open the patched ISO with UltraISO. Click to view HFS partition. Click through to /System/Library so the contents of Library is in the right window. Drag Extensions and Extensions.mkext over and choose replace to all. Once its finished click the burn button. It will prompt you that you made changes and ask you to save it, click no and burn it. If you clicked yes prior when trying to burn it you ruined that copy of the ISO removing the Hybrid partition that has the EFI so it wont boot.

eddie11c, the release version 2 I see, is the same size as version 1. Is the actual release 2 (downloading now)?

I just wanted to point out that my USB mouse freezes sometimes for like 2-10 seconds. Any reason why?

Using Logitech LX700 Cordless Desktop

They are similar in size, it included the original changes plus a few lines of script that needed to be changed. But it definately is not the same.

Chipmunk I am not sure what the problem is. are you sure your using the original ISO to patch and open with UltraISO? You could have corrupted it on one of your prior tries. If you still have the RAR files try unpacking a fresh copy. Then patch with PPF and try replacing the files like I explained.

Favlex are you trying to patch from inside Leopard or Windows? If your PPF program crashes try another one. There are lots of them out there. In Leopard I always use Gumby, I haven't patched it yet from Windows, but have used PPFOmatic or a similar program before.

Hi Eddie,

I re-extracted the iso and v2 patch. I've verified the md5's of the unpatched and patched iso's.

I think it's ultraiso thats the problem, as I've only got the trial...

I'm probably sol untill i pay out the $29 to register it.

I'm in the same boat with you. I think the ppf v1 should fix that problem but then does your installer hang at a gray screen?

Where do i get that from?

Mine will stop at the apple logeo - before the spinning thing comes up

in the -v boot - stops at the ACPI/APIC error

Like this: http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x8/scottath/DSC02512.jpg

Where do i get that from?

Mine will stop at the apple logeo - before the spinning thing comes up

in the -v boot - stops at the ACPI/APIC error

Like this: http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x8/scottath/DSC02512.jpg

I am trying to research this some. APIC is part of the Advanced Programmable Interupt system. Do you have any options at all in your BIOS for it? You may need to adjust these to get the installer to boot properly.

If this is for SSE Instructions, SSE3 should always be enabled! =) Mac OSX requires either SSE3 or 2. You can install Leopard safely after you enable those instructions. Enjoy. :blink:

should set to S3 from S1 in Bios , then install leopard , right ?

Ok I may have found a way around it if your BIOS does not properly support it. The problem is I have no way of testing if it works or not on my computers.

I have nothing like it in my laptops bios,

Would love to test it for you..... :blink::P

my computer is SSE2

Gigabyte K8NSNXP-939

ATHLON 64 3500 , newcastle cpu , I think

2 gb of ram , 4 times 512mb of kingston

BFG Geforce ultra 6800 256 MB

3 sata:

120 gb for Windows xp in Sil

120 gb for backup in Sil

200 gb for hope get leopard in Nvidia sata

Finally patched PPF Ver.2 into Leo4All. Hopefully GUID will continue to work as it did in the initial Leo4All release.

eddie11c, in the post installation, the introductory video (for Leopard), does not appear. Instead the keyboard configuration window is the only thing that shows in the beginning along with the music in the background. Any reason to this why? Or is it GUID-related? =) Will check back in a few hours.