316 posts in this topic

Hope I can get in on this.

Sager 5793 laptop

Intel "Penryn" 2.5Ghz processor

PM965 chipset

GeForce 8800M GTX 512MB

4GB PC2-667 RAM

100GB SATA 2.5" hard drive

I currently run this setup on iATKOS 1.0r2, 10.5.1. I do have to use the 10.5.2 graphics kexts to get my video card supported (I use *this*). I've been reluctant to try upgrading to 10.5.2 since my last couple of attempts didn't go very well. My one major problem was lack of a working keyboard after the update.

With iATKOS 1.0r2 I used the default options with the vanilla kernel/EFI bootloader with no issues.

BadAxe2 (Intel D975XBX2) mobo

Pentium D 945

2Gig Kingston ram

Nvidia 7300GT

netgear PCI Ehernet (internal Lan froze, failed eeprom test in XP. Installed to get back on the net).

Various drives Sata and IDE

Sata DVD

IDE Lightscibe DVD

Running 10.4.9 now, pretty stable for couple three months.

I'm interested in trying this out, I have a spare disk or two that I could try with.

thanks

flowe

Got the Iso, tried to boot it on my ittle lappy, both native and in VMWare, no luck.

Tried it on my big AMD machine, no luck, got the SAM MULTIMEDIA ERROR, and all sorts of other errors, and it just won't boot.

Has anybody got any ideas?

My big AMD specs are posted here..

Think Mark

SATA DVD on big AMD,IDE DVD RW on small AMD.It is a gigabyte GA-m something...Think MarkJust got it to boot, VIA DVD ROM, and it looks OK, just gonna heck out the install options.Think Mark

Glad to hear it is working pretty good so far, not sure about the GUID install as its worked for me multiple times. Could you guys try out the video kexts and let me know if they are working? ThinkMark those SAM errors are usually the sign of a bad burn, on my AMD machine I always get one SAM error when the drive spins back up during the boot process.

Who here is testing on AMD? How how it been so far? I am about to burn the .iso now. =)

eddie11c, your download speeds were not quite bad actually. The first 32 .rar files averaged 360kbps. Part's 33-36 jumped to about 550kbps, and the last one (37) 98kbps.

I like the way you made the .rar parts bigger than Zephyroth's. It save a lot of time, and make your life easier. Better than 74 files, I can say. - Cheers

I need to know if this kext is based around the AppleVIA or AppleOnboardPCATA. As the other files in IOATAFamily.kext can not be replaced. Also for those messing around with new kexts all the time I made this quick app to repair permissions of the extensions folder and delete the cache. So you can just drag and drop files into the Extensions folder and click on this to fix the permissions.

Extensions_Repair.zip

Well I would assume it is based off of the AppleOnboardPCATA.kext because the kext in the .zip is named that.

I found it here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=472484 if that helps.

Did you watch the log during the GUID? the last part of the install is setting up the GUID partition,i need to know what error is happening. Did you try booting to the drive even though it says it failed? It may still work even though the installer says if failed. The last line of the code tries to mount the drive, this could be where its failing. I will look over the script again anyways.

I am going to first try GUID now since I have the burned DVD with me. =) I'll let you know about the log as soon as the installation is complete. How did you compile the file for GUID?

I had a discussion with Zephyroth. If you didn't know, his patch has increased the 10.5.2 Rev1 updated DVD to beyond the 8.5GB limit (More than dual layer, lol). However he said that he is going to make his final release be called 10.5.2, Rev.2 instead meaning that a new release is coming out one of these days. The size of that is expected to be 4.38GB, the same as yours. He claims that he can fit 300mb more of space. If this is the case, may be you can squeeze a couple of applications/updates in the Leo4All.iso as well. What do you think?

Did you watch the log during the GUID? the last part of the install is setting up the GUID partition,i need to know what error is happening. Did you try booting to the drive even though it says it failed? It may still work even though the installer says if failed. The last line of the code tries to mount the drive, this could be where its failing. I will look over the script again anyways.

The O/S is still in beta testing, therefore, it is only available to select Beta testers. Yes, the AMD/INTEL/ supports SSE3 and SSE2.

Is this for AMD/INTEL/SSE3 only or is SSE2 also supported. Im asking since it says "...4All". And can someone pm me a link to download!

Thx in advance moliN

Where you are reading right now. In this thread. However, be sure to include your specifications as well. And remember to give your background experience with Mac OS X and the OSx86 Project. You may or you may not be accepted. It all depends on what goddess eddie11c says.

But where do I sign up for beta testing?

yes i watched the log but no errors.. at the end it simply says " unspecific error " or something similar.. i'll retry

Just did another fresh install on a drive that was formatted MBR Fat32. Chose GUID and it still installed flawlessly for me, maybe its some incompatability with your chipset or something. If I have more time later I will try the GUID on my AMD machine again.

I would be interested to see if it would work with this lot...

Asus P5N-T Deluxe nForce 780i (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 LGA775 'Wolfdale' 3.00GHz (1333FSB)

Corsair 4GB DDR2 XMS2 PC2-6400C5 TwinX (2x2GB) (x2 for total of 8GB ram!)

Asus GeForce EN8800 GT 512MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI (PCI-Express)

LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Rewriter & HD-DVD ROM Serial ATA Drive

Samsung SpinPoint T 500GB SATA-II 16MB Cache - OEM (HD501LJ)

Maxtor Diamondmax 21 320GB SATA-II 8MB Cache - OEM (STM3320820AS)

Maxtor Diamondmax 6 250GB SATA - OEM (V250F0) x 2

Maxtor Diamondmax 4 120GB EIDE - 4R120L0 (Where I will install OSX)

Hyundai 19" Widescreen Monitor - DVI->VGA

Hannspree XV-S 32" HDTV - DVI->HDMI

I've not been able to install any release of osx on this lot yet... the furthest I got was kalyway, which I finally managed to boot with -x -v cpus=1. Install took 5 hours, and will not boot (reboots constantly with a white screen flash)

:)

Yes, and so eddie11c as you may have seen I'm very intressted in testing your leopard beta. I have to following specs:Mobile AMD Sempron 2800+ SSE2 1.6GhznVIDIA GeForce FX Go 5200 64MBDVD Dual Layer1.25Gb RAM60Gb internal, 120Gb external HDD802.11 b/g WLAN (Inprocomm aka in systeminfo acer)USB Mouse and Keyboard15" XGA TFT LCD ScreenPlease, please let me test your beta!And I have a long experience with OSX aswell as OSx86. I use osx86 (JaS 10.4.8 Tiger) daily.

Okay the new wikidot for Leo4All has become active now @ http://osx86leo4all.wikidot.com/

Note that the site is still under construction. If there any users that are interested in becoming moderators alongside with me, don't hesitate to PM me. Same applies to you eddie11c, I am interested in making you our Guru Mod. Please don't hesitate to ask for membership and make changes to the wiki according to your desires. I created the wiki so that we can form a dedicated community. I hope this wasn't too early. =)

There aren't any. Its as simple as that.

Im probably ruining my chances of getting a copy of leo4all to test now by saying: Why not post a link here in this thread for those who want to test it? Im just playing with the thought.

Have you even tried sending him a private message? If you have, then its only a matter of waiting. That's all. ;)

okok thx anyway