Leo4All

eddie11c

316 posts in this topic

GUID worked fine for me with it AHCI disabled as mine is always disabled to get past the 2 drive barrier. The FTP server is having some issues at the moment. Will try to upload again shortly. It says it is at 100% but its frozen there.

Gergo I need to know what options you are choosing, it sounds like a video problem. Did you choose some video drivers?

Sharpy Your older ICH7 chipset may need the APIC-fix also. Not sure what options you have in the BIOS.

Ok the file is up, or at least it looks like it. If its corrupt when you download don't worry I am trying to upload it again in the main directory just in case.

Gergo The newer patch replaces the NVinject with version 0.2.1 maybe this is causing a problem of some sort? The original had the older 0.2.0 version. For long term benefits on a Core2 I would suggest going with a GFX string anyways. But that is up to you.

I'd like to know if anyone has had any issues with the boot code (from both MBR and GPT) in the newer versions. There should be practically no cases where the installer completes and the system isn't able to get to the darwin bootloader (what happens after that doesn't interest me). I'd also be very interested in hearing successes from those with a Bad Axe 2 systems (its a special case and from my testing with weaksauce12 doesn't seem to work). If it doesn't get to the bootloader it would be best to PM me and I have a tool that I can provide that extracts further information to help me troubleshoot any issues.

the size of the updated PPF is 177.7mb just to confirm. =)

eddie11c, can you please check the PM I sent to you. Thanks.

thanks.

yes it seems both my uploads were successful after all. I have made a few more minor changes, mostly esthetic and added something to the default choices. But it seems it is pretty much finished.
Whoever, signed me up according to the PM I sent, thank you very much. =) Very appreciated.

Yo, eddie, thanks for all of your work. I tried with the v2+v3 ppf but it still didn't load. This time at the very end of the code before the gui loads it says it failed to mount disk0s1 or some thing like that, right after the 12 or so mDNSresponder errors. I am searching the net right now to down grade my bios to see if that fixes anything but as of now I still can't reach the installer.

Hold off on that, it will always fail to mount the disk you have windows on if it is NTFS I see that every time I load the installer. You need to let it sit long, the DVD takes a while to load. You made it past the crucial area at that point.

Patience... :(

Hold off on that, it will always fail to mount the disk you have windows on if it is NTFS I see that every time I load the installer. You need to let it sit long, the DVD takes a while to load. You made it past the crucial area at that point.

/me wants in on the yummie!

I've got an M6805, which by a quick lttle search here, nobody has tried. It's AMD 64, set up and ready for dual-booting with XP (I've successfully done this (and this method) on another laptop C2D based with no problems.

I've tried:

iATKOS rev 2 != Success (early loading panic, can't boot to CD period)

Zeph Rev1 != Success (Gets to the last two minutes of install and hangs)

SPECS:

CPU:  Mobile AMD Athlon™ 64 3000+ Processor 
- 64-bit Architecture operates at 1.800GHz 
- System Bus uses HyperTransport™
- Technology operating at 1600MHz
- 1MB L2 Cache 

Display:  15.4" Widescreen TFT LCD WXGA (1280 × 800 max. resolution) 
Memory:  512MB DDR SODIMM (PC 2700) 
Hard Drive:  60GB HDD 
Optical Drive:  CDRW/DVD Combo Drive (24 × 24x24 CD-RW; 8x max. DVD-ROM) 
Media Reader:  6-in-1 Digital Media Manger (Compact Flash, Micro Drive, MultiMedia Card, Secure Digital™ (SD), Memory Stick®, Memory Stick Pro®) 
Video:  ATI® Mobility RADEON™ 9600 with 64MB Video RAM 
Sound:  PC2001 Compliant AC '97 Audio
Built-in Stereo Speakers 
Network:  802.11g Built-in Wireless (up to 54Mbps)
10/100MBps built-in Ethernet 
Modem:  56K ITU V.92 Fax/Modem 
Pointing Device:  Touchpad with Vertical Scroll Zone 
Ports/Other:  4 USB 2.0 ports, 1 IEEE 1394, 1 VGA External Connector, 1 S-Video Out, Microphone In, Headphone/Audio Out, 1 PCMCIA Slot (Card Bus type I or type II)

All your Leo4All are belong to us

So I should just let it sit at the gray screen with just the mouse pointer? You say it is loading but neither the dvd drive nor the hard drive are doing anything.

Should I just wipe my hard drive and format it with fat32 or HFS+?

So I should just let it sit at the gray screen with just the mouse pointer? You say it is loading but neither the dvd drive nor the hard drive are doing anything.

Should I just wipe my hard drive and format it with fat32 or HFS+?

So you get as far as the grey screen of the installer and it hangs? that is strange, it already found your drive by then. When it is loading up before that, do you see "got boot device"? I will investigate a little more. If you could get a snapshot of the install text prior to the mDns errors it may help.

Bleh.. blew out my JUST working V2 install to try the V3.. Installer sees my keyboard, goes through fine, GUID suddenly started working, but when it boots before the opening video it shows the "before you begin, connect a keyboard" image and keyboard is nonfunctional.

I would like to test too.

• Core 2 Duo T5470 (1.6Ghz, 2MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB)
  • 14.1” Wide Screen XGA LCD Display with TrueLife
  • 1GB DDR2 667Mhz
  • 128MB Nvidia Geforce 8400GS
  • 120GB 5400RPM SATA
  • Genuine Windows Vista Home Basic
  • Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem
  • 8x CD/DVD Burner w/ double layer DVD+ write capability
  • Integrated High Definition Audtio
  • Dell Wireless 1390 802.11g Wi-Fi Mini Card
  • Integrated 2.0 mega pixel web camera
  • 85 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
  • Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth Internal (2.0 + Enhanced Data Rate)
  • 1 Year Limited Hardware Warranty with Mail-in Service

I wish the LAN would work, no drivers yet..Maybe they could be ported from Linux/BSD? Linux(Linuxes) work fine on it.

What version are you referring to that you are getting this error? PPF 3, or PPF 2+3?

Bleh.. blew out my JUST working V2 install to try the V3.. Installer sees my keyboard, goes through fine, GUID suddenly started working, but when it boots before the opening video it shows the "before you begin, connect a keyboard" image and keyboard is nonfunctional.

This is the V3. I applied it over V2.

When I boot with -s on the DVD, keyboard works

When I boot with -s on the hard drive, it does not work

Clue:

Seen with both DVD and HDD:

can't determine immediate dependencies for extension org.tgwbd.driver.ACPIPS2Nub

Can't determine dependencies for org.tgwbd.driver.ACPIPS2Nub.

Seen only with HDD:

Couldn't alloc class "AppleACPIPS2Nub"

This is the V3. I applied it over V2.

When I boot with -s on the DVD, keyboard works

When I boot with -s on the hard drive, it does not work

Clue:

Seen with both DVD and HDD:

can't determine immediate dependencies for extension org.tgwbd.driver.ACPIPS2Nub

Can't determine dependencies for org.tgwbd.driver.ACPIPS2Nub.

Seen only with HDD:

Couldn't alloc class "AppleACPIPS2Nub"

This is an easy fix really, There are 2 versions of ACPIPS2Nub.kext. One is for the newer ACPIPlatform, the other for the older one. If you boot into the DVD and copy the one called AppleACPIPS2Nub over to your drive and correct permissions it should fix it. I will include a fix with my final update among a few other things. Did you choose the APIC-Fix?

Eddie I got a perfect install...vanilla, ICH fix, Nvidia kexts, Nvinject 256mb, good apps, and 888 audio...works very smooth, boots 3 times as fast!?? Wonder why? network works PCI firewire works...Time machine works without fix...

I have the log here...also here's my latest Xbench score!!!220!!!without HD of course...

Eddie I got a perfect install...vanilla, ICH fix, Nvidia kexts, Nvinject 256mb, good apps, and 888 audio...works very smooth, boots 3 times as fast!?? Wonder why? network works PCI firewire works...Time machine works without fix...

I have the log here...also here's my latest Xbench score!!!220!!!without HD of course...

Glad to hear it, hopefully with my last round of little fixes/changes a few more people can get theirs working better. I have added what should possibly more support for the SBxxx crowd. We shall see....

eddie, I don't know much about AMD, or laptops ...however: you said it installed on your wife's HP laptop...my friend has an AMD HP Turion Laptop he may be willing to test on...what are the chances that this would work and what else might need to be added?

thanks for another quick reply...

HOLY {censored} EDDIE I just did the updates and restarted in under 45 second from clicking restart!!!!!!!!!!it usually takes me 5~6 minutes!!!!!!!! :yoji::soldiers::wacko::help::thanks_speechbubble: :thanks_speechbubble: :thanks_speechbubble: :thanks_speechbubble: :thanks_speechbubble::dance_24::cards::welcomeani::superman::robot: :fishing1: :plane::cowboy::chef::angel_not::smoke::king: :hbd:I just tested sleep...went into it and panicked coming out of it...and then I reset the power and booted up and posted this since my last post!!!