Leo4All

eddie11c

316 posts in this topic

just wanted to say thank you eddie, i have it up and running, had to stick a cheap network card into get net access and use the appleazalia pckg for audio.. (no mic)

i just tested World of Warcraft.. and i was averaging 75-100FPS on my 8800 GTS 640mb.

i have the adi1888 soundccard.. really want the mic working.. then i'll quit using vista forever =)

Been banging my head on this most of the day. My main problem is getting a good working DVD, I tried a couple of brands of discs on a couple of laptops I have but I'd get some random read errors during the install. I only managed to get in to OS X once and it crashed soon after, I'm not sure why. I am re-burning the ISO yet again to the exact same discs I burned my previous (working) iATKOS ISOs to.

I did notice you use nvInject .20. Any special reason? .21's been out for a while and I require this version on my 8800M GTX to get QE/CI. I believe this also consolidated the desktop and laptop "nvInjectGO" products down to one.

Had a feeling that Zephyroth included this in his release as well for the most part. (AMD)

Been banging my head on this most of the day. My main problem is getting a good working DVD, I tried a couple of brands of discs on a couple of laptops I have but I'd get some random read errors during the install. I only managed to get in to OS X once and it crashed soon after, I'm not sure why. I am re-burning the ISO yet again to the exact same discs I burned my previous (working) iATKOS ISOs to.

I did notice you use nvInject .20. Any special reason? .21's been out for a while and I require this version on my 8800M GTX to get QE/CI. I believe this also consolidated the desktop and laptop "nvInjectGO" products down to one.

I am still working on the video portion, will update once I get everything finished. The thing I have been working on is the fix for people that have the install hang right after Darwin loads. When APIC loads up, it seems I may have got past the first hurdle. I will include .21 when all is said and done though.

Ok I think I am about done with all the various things I wanted to add, will make a final PPF patch and let people test it(crosses fingers). I will try to just make it a secondary patch to the one thats currently up. If it fails to work that way it will be a patch for the original ISO.

ok i bought a new fan (Asus Silent Knight 2) because my pc was overheating..and tested again..and i found another error... if i select AppleAzila at the startup there's the message IOHDAudio was not installed correctly etc but if i install the package which you can download here in the forum it works..

Hello Leo4All,

Although i am a newbe on the site with an AMD 1800+ and a A7V333 motherboard, i have this machine to experiment with .

I am sorry to say that i didn't get an OSX working on my machine yet but that will change i hope!

So i really like to test your new software.

Frank3

Hello Leo4All,

Although i am a newbe on the site with an AMD 1800+ and a A7V333 motherboard, i have this machine to experiment with .

I am sorry to say that i didn't get an OSX working on my machine yet but that will change i hope!

So i really like to test your new software.

Frank3

I hate to be the bringer of bad news but, AMD did not support SSE2 instructions till the next generation of their processors(Opteron) and above. SSE2 is the minimum supported with Leopard.

See Here

Ok all PPFv3 is on its way up on the FPT server. Please apply the other patch(v2) then this one to get what should be the final release(I hope). This should fix the APIC/ACPIPlatform errors for some and maybe add some extra support for the SBxxx chipsets. I have removed the old AppleNforce and used just the experimental one on the DVD. It worked fine with my AMD system and may resolve some of the SAM errors some people have. The new MD5 should be 4fb5ee8f2a5b7e8baf1e699d98ed85d8. If you know your one with the APIC error like scott, and this installer boots fine, be sure to check the box for the APIC-fix. The same goes for the NforceATA, if you were getting SAM errors and are now able to boot fine, please check the box on NforceTest for your chipset. I removed the NVinject 0.2.0 for all but the Go cards, as I did not find 0.2.1 for them. I also added ALC850 to the audio as this is what I use on my AMD machine ;) . There is very little room now so please hold requests for additional drivers off unless its for a IDE/SATA chipset.

Been banging my head on this most of the day. My main problem is getting a good working DVD, I tried a couple of brands of discs on a couple of laptops I have but I'd get some random read errors during the install. I only managed to get in to OS X once and it crashed soon after, I'm not sure why. I am re-burning the ISO yet again to the exact same discs I burned my previous (working) iATKOS ISOs to.I did notice you use nvInject .20. Any special reason? .21's been out for a while and I require this version on my 8800M GTX to get QE/CI. I believe this also consolidated the desktop and laptop "nvInjectGO" products down to one.
If they consolidated the Go and the desktop models that would be good news, just tick the 0.2.1 that corresponds to your memory amount.
ok i bought a new fan (Asus Silent Knight 2) because my pc was overheating..and tested again..and i found another error... if i select AppleAzila at the startup there's the message IOHDAudio was not installed correctly etc but if i install the package which you can download here in the forum it works..
I just double checked, I see no IOHDAudio in the Azalia package, is this for the ADI19888? Neither of those packages have that extension. I included the Extensions-Repair.app in the good apps, so if you get a message about it not installing correctly just run it once then reboot.

Okay so PPF3 should be patched on top of the .iso that is already patched with PPF2, right? Just to clarify, please let me know. Thanks. So far, so good eddie11c. Everything seems to be fine on my boat. :D

Have you got it to work on Pentium 4's.

---------------

Model: HP Compaq dx2000 MT

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 5200

RAM: 759MB

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 @ 2.7 GHz

---------------

Leopard has always had troubles on Pentium 4's. I would definently be willing to test my computer. Considering that it right now is just junk because it freezes up without the vanilla kernel, yet I can have the vanilla kernel or else I'll go into a reboot loop.

P.S. Might be an idea to get Perian on there. That's what made be able to get sound. And how would I go about making my own disk?

I would strongly doubt, especially since your graphics is AGP not PCI. Leopard I confirmed, is meant to run on PCI cards only.

Have you got it to work on Pentium 4's.---------------Model: HP Compaq dx2000 MTGraphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 5200RAM: 759MBProcessor: Intel Pentium 4 @ 2.7 GHz---------------Leopard has always had troubles on Pentium 4's. I would definently be willing to test my computer. Considering that it right now is just junk because it freezes up without the vanilla kernel, yet I can have the vanilla kernel or else I'll go into a reboot loop.P.S. Might be an idea to get Perian on there. That's what made be able to get sound. And how would I go about making my own disk?
Okay so PPF3 should be patched on top of the .iso that is already patched with PPF2, right? Just to clarify, please let me know. Thanks. So far, so good eddie11c. Everything seems to be fine on my boat.

Okay, will get back to you with an update when finished patching and installing. As I said, the updates just keep on getting better. Working flawlessly right now on my system. Just need to check with QE/CI in PPF3. If all goes well, including with other testers, then we can go official. Have "you" identified any errors on your test machines? Just wondering, because if not, this can be the most flawless release ever developed by an AMD person (AMD leopard I mean =) ).

yes patch v2 then v3.

Have you got it to work on Pentium 4's.

---------------

Model: HP Compaq dx2000 MT

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 5200

RAM: 759MB

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 @ 2.7 GHz

---------------

Leopard has always had troubles on Pentium 4's. I would definently be willing to test my computer. Considering that it right now is just junk because it freezes up without the vanilla kernel, yet I can have the vanilla kernel or else I'll go into a reboot loop.

P.S. Might be an idea to get Perian on there. That's what made be able to get sound. And how would I go about making my own disk?

it works i tested pentium 4 3.6ghz

Everything seems to be working fine on both of my machines, but there are a few things I am unable to test. I added some stuff to support more people, but without the hardware I can't test it myself. I have had to make a few other minor changes that should not affect your installation, but will only help some others. The older ACPIPlatform requires a different version of the PS2Nub, for laptop users. I may have found a fix for this, but won't know for sure till its properly tested. There have been no major changes for the desktop users, so hopefully I did not break anything inadvertently.

I missed a few permissions in a couple packages that should now be fixed. And I included the Repair-Permissions.app with the other apps. So my first suggestion to all new installs will be to run the app once you get leopard loaded up.