Leo4All

eddie11c

316 posts in this topic

thank God man...EFI_V8!!! and all the patches needed to start most systems that'll start

Can't wait to finish downloading!!

wait,

could you differentiate the two network drivers?

toh kernel, nvidia drivers & nvinject 256mb,amd fix,, good application,azila audio and GUID boot loader on AMD ....Failed

toh kernel, nvidia drivers & nvinject 256mb,amd fix, good application,azila audio and mbr boot loader on AMD....Installed but not booting

Have you verified the integrity of the DVD? Try burning it at lower speeds and make sure that they are no errors in sight. If this does not work, I shall wait for eddie11c respond to this first, then determine whether or not to install the current version. Going to download in two hours.

toh kernel, nvidia drivers & nvinject 256mb,amd fix,, good application,azila audio and GUID boot loader on AMD ....Failed

toh kernel, nvidia drivers & nvinject 256mb,amd fix, good application,azila audio and mbr boot loader on AMD....Installed but not booting

Great install!!! :D

I just added my own AppleHDA, BOOT.plist with my gFX string and NVDANV40Hal and everything was up and running!

One suggestion......

the first option " Essential System Software", is it possible to make this an option to choose to install?

Sometimes it happens that you just want to load something extra and not reinstall the "essentials" or like one of the old JAS dvd's that you could use it to get a drive bootable, by using JUST the Bootloader option!

Me thinks this would make it the "ULTIMATE DVD" (no reference to winblows ultimate!)

SticMAN

:D:thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Great install!!! :thumbsup_anim:

I just added my own AppleHDA, BOOT.plist with my gFX string and NVDANV40Hal and everything was up and running!

One suggestion......

the first option " Essential System Software", is it possible to make this an option to choose to install?

Sometimes it happens that you just want to load something extra and not reinstall the "essentials" or like one of the old JAS dvd's that you could use it to get a drive bootable, by using JUST the Bootloader option!

:

If I do that, then once its released there will be people complaining that it didn't work for them because they unchecked the essentials option.

If you left the default as checked but just have the option to uncheck....?

I think your Good Applications is like that!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Please Please please Please

If I do that, then once its released there will be people complaining that it didn't work for them because they unchecked the essentials option.

toh kernel, all nvidia drivers, good application,alc888 audio and mbr boot loader , and sata patch- no audio (got audio with previous releases using azalia audio) even though chipset is alc888. Also still having sata issues - just with one drive and ide dvd - 75% of time will give waiting for root disk , have to keep power cycling to get it to eventually boot :thumbsup_anim:

This happens with all other install DVD's I've tried too - PATA IDE will work fine

Installs took about 25 minutes

Vanilla kernel will not work just keeps rebooting

The essential software usually includes the background applications to make Mac OSX Usable such as System Preferences, Disk Utility, Boot Camp Assistant, and so on and so forth.

eddie11c, I have a question- Is there any reason you were unable to make the installation User Interface look like the retail CD, i.e. Select your language, etc, according to the two pictures you uploaded? I begun the download process 5 files thus far. =)

It looks just like the retail installer, i took these pictures from inside Leopard real quick to show, not from the installer.

toh kernel, all nvidia drivers, good application,alc888 audio and mbr boot loader , and sata patch- no audio (got audio with previous releases using azalia audio) even though chipset is alc888. Also still having sata issues - just with one drive and ide dvd - 75% of time will give waiting for root disk , have to keep power cycling to get it to eventually boot :(This happens with all other install DVD's I've tried too - PATA IDE will work fine Installs took about 25 minutes
Not real sure about your drive issues, as I don't know if a fix exists for this. If there is I would gladly included it. The ALC888 i used was from a codec dump of my own chip, so it is possible to be some variations, sorry.

On a side note, I will hopefully have the video kexts finished tonight. Most likely I will only for sure support 6/7/8 series cards. Have to test it out some on my own then will get some of you to test them.

Okay, thats good to hear. Almost done with the d/L by the way.

It looks just like the retail installer, i took these pictures from inside Leopard real quick to show, not from the installer. Not real sure about your drive issues, as I don't know if a fix exists for this. If there is I would gladly included it. The ALC888 i used was from a codec dump of my own chip, so it is possible to be some variations, sorry.

On a side note, I will hopefully have the video kexts finished tonight. Most likely I will only for sure support 6/7/8 series cards. Have to test it out some on my own then will get some of you to test them.

Aren't the NVinjects that are included with the NVIDIA 6/7/8 Universal Drivers the same thing? Or am I wrong? =)

I have an idea if you are planning to add more to your existing DVD. Since we can manually download these "good applications" after the installation, may be we can take a few or all of them out, that way you can fit what ever you want. The good software constitute total I would say near 200mb. What do you think? Worth a try, right?

Ok if any of you can use the proper NVinject for your video card(Located on the DVD in /system/installation/packages/Nvidia) and install these kexts to try out, I would greatly appreciate it. If you card doesn't work just let me know the vendor ID/type of card so I can add it. Make sure to boot with -f afterwards.

Nvidia-Kexts

Nvinject is seperate from the rest of the kexts, they are dependant on the amount of video you have. Inside the DVD, packages have to remain seperate or they won't work. A universal installer would hold seperate installers for each option, which would be great but it won't work on the DVD. So if you open the DVD up and browse around(hint use the free program invisibles I included) you will see a seperate NVinject for each memory type. Install the correct one, then install the kexts i posted.

BTW- how are/were the download speeds for everyone? I always hated this host when we actually used it, but they seem to have gotten a little better lately.

What is the default memory type that is included with Kext? Any specific? I would say mine is either 128 or 256mb (SLI).

Nvinject is seperate from the rest of the kexts, they are dependant on the amount of video you have. Inside the DVD, packages have to remain seperate or they won't work. A universal installer would hold seperate installers for each option, which would be great but it won't work on the DVD. So if you open the DVD up and browse around(hint use the free program invisibles I included) you will see a seperate NVinject for each memory type. Install the correct one, then install the kexts i posted.

Umm i don't know what kind of video card you have, 128? 256? You should know that, its your computer.

Hey eddie I would like to join in testing this release. Does this release provide support for the sb600 chipset and Ati x1200 graphics? (Specs in sig)
I am quite sorry, I don't think there is a working SB600 chipset driver for leopard or if there is I have been unable to find it. It would most likely just be a waste of your time to download at this time. If you find a known working kext for it, I would gladly include it.

I know, I'm sorry I wasn't clear in the beginning. I am using two NVIDIA 6600GT PCI Video Cards 16x (SLI) each 128mb. I was asking what was the default memory size kext file that would be installed without doing further modifications to the installation. =)

Umm i don't know what kind of video card you have, 128? 256? You should know that, its your computer. I am quite sorry, I don't think there is a working SB600 chipset driver for leopard or if there is I have been unable to find it. It would most likely just be a waste of your time to download at this time. If you find a known working kext for it, I would gladly include it.

I need to know if this kext is based around the AppleVIA or AppleOnboardPCATA. As the other files in IOATAFamily.kext can not be replaced. Also for those messing around with new kexts all the time I made this quick app to repair permissions of the extensions folder and delete the cache. So you can just drag and drop files into the Extensions folder and click on this to fix the permissions.

Extensions_Repair.zip