Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 for AMD Succes Or Problem Thread

microsoft whiz

497 posts in this topic

I got 10.5.2 to install. I installed it over my Tiger install and I selected my video card drivers, lan drivers, 9.2.0 ToH kernel ext. The computer restarts and I get the grey screen with the apple then I get a darwin panic and the computer restarts. I booted in -v and this is what I got:

panic.jpg

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I acidentally posted my question to the wrong forum part. It is here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...t=0#entry631472

Can anyone confirm the kernel_task problem on a successfully installed Zephyroth installation?

And yes, previous poster: I got this )or a very similar) problem trying to install on a VMWare Workstation, while it installed fine on my second real comuter. It seems to be a hardware problem (incompatibility issue).

I am getting a screen that says I need to restart the computer by pressing the restart button or power. It never gets past this. What is wrong?

I did install on PATA 320 gb. Nothing else on the drive. I get to installation complete on MBR, Volumes/Leopard partition. When it reboots it goes to a screen telling me to restart in about 3 languages.

I tried to go to boot options then

sudo -s (SUDO for some reason doesn't work for me)

fdisk -e /dev/rdiskX --->(X is the number of your HD, if you have only on its 0

update

f X --->(X is the number of the partition where you installed Leopard)

w

q

reboot

I'm now up and running! Fixed video issue!

Thanx Zeph!!

PC: Self made

Graphics: Nvidia 7300 GT 256MB - nvidia 10.5.2 and inject 256

Mobo: ASUS M2NPV

Sound: SoundMax HD - Using AzaliaAudio - from separate source - one from Zephs didnt work for me.

Extra items selected during install: ToH 9.2, EFI v8 MBR

Overall/Summary: Fully working so far!!

Please somebody help me...... I just finished installing on a tx1220 laptop, and although it boots up. When I go to disk utility, disk utility shows that it has detected a fatal s.m.a.r.t error. The thing is that everything else works fine under vista, no errors in the HD. This little error is preventing the kexts from properly loading up. So it making me go without sound, wireless, or qe/qci. can somebody help me?

s.m.a.r.t errors normally are detected by the BIOS (your motherboard). there is normally an option to switch s.m.a.r.t detection off - which prevents the BIOS to stop : BUT you never should do that, because a s.m.a.r.t. error is a serious hint for a near end of live of your harddrive ! if it is really such an error, exchange your harddrive.

I got 10.5.2 to install. I installed it over my Tiger install and I selected my video card drivers, lan drivers, 9.2.0 ToH kernel ext. The computer restarts and I get the grey screen with the apple then I get a darwin panic and the computer restarts. I booted in -v and this is what I got:

panic.jpg

i got the same problem as u

I'll repost my question here:

Has anyone of the successfull installers discovered a strange processor power behaviour of the Zephyroth installation?

Can someone confirm, that the Zephyroth installation is constantly using abaout 50 percent processor power on an Athlon 64 4000+ processor? Installation was surprisingly successful (some minor screen refreshing issues while installing). And I was very happy at first. It even regognices an about 6 years old graphic tablet (for thre PC!) and supports it seemlessly !! Network, usb keyboard, sound, a windows trackball mouse ... all is working perfectly!

But ...after a while playing arround with it, I discovered, that it uses constantly allot of processing power (even obviously doing nothing) ... That's a pitty, because a system which uses permanently 50 percent of a modern processor is quite a little bit useless to seriously work with, I think. Is there any workaround yet ???

Ah well, I forgot to say, that it is exactly the: kernel_task module, which uses constantly 50 percent of the power (seen in system profiler). Unfortunately I haven't installed some development tools yet to examine the problem in depth ...

post-188835-1203383946_thumb.gif

So with EFI can we perform official updates? Also, is this only 32 bit, w/ only 1 core support?

core and bit are completely different shoes. :)

:P BUT YUCHHEEE !!!

I got the kernel_task problem solved!

If someone wants to know what I did, feel free to ask *smile*

I'll publish the entire installation story later here ...

Now I am really euphoric about that release!

Hey guys, need to add to the thread....Here we go....Zeph 10.5.1 (getting .2 tonight)

HP dv9428nr Laptop - AMD

Nforce chipset

2 x Sata drives (using 2nd channel for OsX)

Problem i'm having is i can get to the install after a few starts (sometimes randomly hangs). I get futzed at the Disk utility...Everything i do hard locks the laptop. Trying to create,erase etc...I may yank my primary drive out and move the 2nd drive to the 1st channel just for kicks.

Regards,

joed

panic.jpg

I have the same problem. I am going to try to select different thigs before installing.

Well, here is my success story!

I installed on following constellation (there is a complete dumped out profile (MacOSX System Profiler) in PDF Format attached here):

Motherboard: MSI K8T Neo2 v.2 (VIA K8T800 Pro + 8237R Plus Chipset based)

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 4000+ (socket 939)

Graphic: nVidia 6200 256MB DDR AGP8X, 64bit Dual RAMDAC 400MHz

Drives: 2 IDE ATA Drives (IDE1 Master, Slave) MacOSX is installed on Slave

Network: 1 = integrated on Motherboard, 2 = PCI Card (Realtec)

Audio: 1 = AC97 (integrated on motherboard), 2 = SB (Creative) PCI 128

Mouse: 1 = Logitech USB Trackball Mouse, 2 = Noname USB Graphic Tablet by TCM (Tschibo Germany)

Keyboard: Standard (illuminated) USB Keyboard (PC)

DVD/CD: 2 LG SuperMulti DVD RAM Drives

As mentioned, there is a complete and very detailled description in the attached "profile.pdf".

All is working as expected. Even all the Quartz effects are performed smoothly!

There seems to be a little problem when plugging in external USB memory devices. They are not recogniced obviously. And I did not manage to get Windows Filesharing and FTP via Network working ... but sharing via HTTP works fine.

Shurely I have to test more intensively next. But it all works quite good, without the need of any manual intervention! Except one thingy so far: The second Network Adapter was not connected. This seemed to cause the processor to drive constantly about 50 percent ... I disabeled it and voila! The processor is acting normal now.

profile.pdf

Ok, so everything was running well , then I did some updates, consisted of mostly iLife stuff and Aperture, after restarting I can't even get the darwin loader, just a blinking cursor, what now??

For such reasons, one makes a system backup!

I recommend "ACRONIS True Image 10". With this (PC) Tool you can boot up and save any partition (sector copy) to external or internal backup devices (including network and DVD) to save your propper installations. Even if you do updates like hell ... If anything goes wrong, you simply play back the backup and youre done!

*smile*

i'm having issues after installing this...i goto reboot and it just sits at "verifying dmi pool data" and does nothing...any ideas? i should probably take out the second video card,that could be causing the problems right?

PC: Self made

Graphics: Nvidia 7800 GT 256MB x 2

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-K8N-SLI

Memory: 2gb pc2700

Hard drive: 400gb segate

Sound: AC97

Dvd: Pioneer dvd burners x 2

Overall/Summary: Nope

Ah, well a screenshot of the insanely MacOSX86 Leopard 5.2 :post-188835-1203389353_thumb.jpg

i'm having issues after installing this...i goto reboot and it just sits at "verifying dmi pool data" and does nothing...any ideas? i should probably take out the second video card,that could be causing the problems right?
dmi pool data ?that sounds like a BIOS dumpout, not a Darwin print ...maybe, it cannot boot from disk?

I have a problem, two actually..

a ) Audio not working. Selected ALC888 6 ports Digital when installing Leopard. I have 6 ports and a SPDIF on board so it was the correct one, right?

Well, after I boot into Leopard I get no sound, but instead an error telling me that ALCInject.kext has been installed incorrectly.

b ) When I try to download a file with Safari (Like Skype, Firefox) Leopard dies. Telling me to restart or power off my computer. So I can't do much at the moment really. =/

Cpu: AMD Athlon64 X2 5000+ (2.6 GHz)

Mem: 2048 MB Kingmax 800 MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 (nForce 570)

Sound: Built-in Realtek ALC888

Net: Built-in Marvell (working)

Gfx: XFX Geforce 7200GS 128 MB (working)

with about 7 mins left i get a message saying "INSTALL FAILED. The Installer could not validate the contents of the 'JavaTools' package. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance" i can not figure out what it means anyone have an idea what i should do?

Yes, I have the same problem. Once it was the same mistake, in other cases there were mistakes in package "essentials".

anyone have any luck with this on an HP dv6000 (AMD model)? i pretty much gave up on this machine...every version i've tried (10.4.7, 10.4.8, 10.5.1) failed to detect my internal hard drive, and unless anyone's had any success i don't really feel like going through the hassle again.

2nd of 3 working installs:

Zephyroth 10.5.2 - MBR + EFI - 9.2.0

MB: Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF-9 - nForce 6100/430 (I/O Winbond W86327) Socket 939

CPU: Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+

Drives: 2 SATA, IDE DVD burner - Boots OSx86 from external USB, Firewire drives work

Video: Gigabyte 8600GTS 256MB PCIe ( supported natively - QE/CI )

LAN: Airlink101 AWLL3026 802.11g USB (ZyDas software for 10.4.x) onboard RTL8201 disabled

USB: 1.0 & 2.0 (supported natively & working properly)

Firewire: Onboard VIA VT6307 IEEE1394 controller (supported natively)

Audio: Onboard Realtek ALC880 - ANALOG AND DIGITAL (S/PDIF) working with AppleHDA "beta4some861_880Installer"

Toast 8.0.3 - working

MS Home & Student 2008 - working

GarageBand - needs Marvin...

Transmission 1.05 - working

iTunes, QuickTime, Front Row, all the built-in apps I've tried - working

This is running nice...

usually this happens when you have a GPT/GUID type partition, make sure you format your drive w/ MBR type partition however you can still boot from GPT if you have PC_EFI installed.

Best AMD DVD out...right next to tub_girls 10.4.10! Everything on my system worked with all the kexts..full support and all with first install.

Model Name: Mac

Model Identifier: GM5072

Processor Name: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+

Processor Speed: 2.22 GHz

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 512 KB

CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 HTT SSE3

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 200 MHz

Boot ROM Version: Hack.88Z.int.0sh.061193037 (Phoenix Technologies, LTD)

Graphics by NVIDIA:

Chipset Model: Graphics by NVIDIA

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0392

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVinject 0.2.0

Displays:

SyncMaster: