Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 for AMD Succes Or Problem Thread

microsoft whiz

497 posts in this topic

I've got all the .rar and extract the iso. Md5 is correct. Burned the dvd at the lowest speed.

I created the "unallocated" partition with diskpart in XP.

Then booted from dvd, -v, ereased Leopard partition with disk utility to Mac OS Extended, choose custom installation with no "check" sign in kernel drivers language, x11; no EFI selected... just the files for the plain OS. Installation went fine without stop. Rebooted correctly.

Booting from HDD gives me "Chain booting error_" ("_" is blinking).

[i'm using Chain0 Method with XP, being the boot.ini correctly edited and XP the active partition.

If i set Leopard as active partition with Acronis Disc Manager in XP, the system does not boot anyway.

10.5.1 for AMD worked with this system, with a sse2 kernel.]

Darwin doesn't show up.

I can boot from the dvd with F8 and then mach_kernel rd=disk*s* -v -legacy -x.

What do i have to do now?

Do i have to make partition bootable or do i have to manually install darwin?

Is there any reason installing EFI in a AMD system?!

I avoided the EFI stuff during install... is it needed, to have a working set up with this release?

Thank you :(

AMD 3500+ (SSE3)

Asus A8V-E SE (VIA VIA K8T890)

Video NVIDIA 7300GT

HDD Maxtor IDE 20Gb

When I try to install Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2, I get an errors:

"Install Failed

Mac OS X could not be installed on your computer

The installer could not validate the contents of the "Essentials" package. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

post-188570-1203338439_thumb.jpg

I assume this is not a SSE2 release?

It is a SSE2 release. If you don't pick a SSE3 kernel during install, the default SSE2 kernel is installed.

With the previous release from Zephyroth a had to replace the kernel on the dvd, but this time is not needed.

I'm having a problem, i can only boot from dvd, but Zephyroth AMD 10.5.2 Rev.1 works with my SSE2 processor :)

Abit AN8 ultra (nforce4 ultra)

AMD 3800+ @ 2800

2GB DDR400 @ 466

XFX 7900GS

CMI audio

Second atempt working great so far, guid boot loader didn't work so had to install manually, also had to put my graphics card id in appropriate places, Other wise all working, including my nforce lan "at least so far"

Just want to say THANKS for all you hard work Zeph :)

Booting from HDD gives me "Chain booting error_" ("_") is blinking.

Tried to make partition bootable with fdisk and i only have "_" blinking.

Leopard is running fine once loaded, but Darwin is missing so i have to boot from dvd with

mach_kernel rd=disk*s*

Is it possible to install without EFI or is it required?

works on my desktop (see sig) except had to copy in medevil kext (might have been on the dvd but didnt see it (and it definitly didn't install automatically) and video card issue with black and white lines occasionally but this issue has been around since 10.4.6 so it is not the fault of this dvd. installed azalia audio/9.2.0/efi through grub/

got ar5005g working by adding 1a to atheros kext. i think thats everything.

o yea ps2 not working and the comp doesn't shut down.

Hi,

my problem is: the SATA

I disabled Sata in bios and that works :) (on a IDE HDD)

But, if i enabled the Sata, i can't boot on Leopard.

So wich is the kext has to change ?? (i can change him with windows and macdrive)

and, i can't boot whithout the dvd :unsure:, Why?

i am getting an error when the install comes up this happens in both normal install and safe (-x) mode. i see a white box with a O with a \ through.... anyone know what it means?

see the photo.

anyone have any ideas about this?

my specs are

CPU: AMD A64 X2 6000 3.0 AM2

MB: Gigabyte GA-M61P-S3

on board motherboard audio is : Realtek ALC883 codec chip

on board motherboard lan is Realtec RTL8211

on board motherboard video: nvidia 6100/ nforce 430 chipset

Mem: 1Gbx2 GSKILL

Dvd: Lite On

Hard Drive: SATA Seagate

post-12278-1203310188_thumb.jpg

Hi, I get the same as this. It looks as though it's going to boot, but then the 0 with the / through it.

my specs are:

CPU: AMD A64 3700+ 2.21 GHz

MB: Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro-SLI

on board audio is Realtek AC '97

on board NVIDIA nForce network controller

Mem: 2GB Kingston DDR

HDD: Maxtor Raptor 10k 34GB

I'm pretty new, so any help will do! ;)

edit: I should also note that it won't reboot after install at all unless the DVD is still in the drive.

AMD 3500+ (SSE3)

Asus A8V-E SE (VIA VIA K8T890)

Video NVIDIA 7300GT

HDD Maxtor IDE 20Gb

When I try to install Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2, I get an errors:

"Install Failed

Mac OS X could not be installed on your computer

The installer could not validate the contents of the "Essentials" package. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

Please help me!

hi to every body.

I am new to all this mac-leopard on pcs.

I have a hp pavilion dv6607nr with a AMD 64 and a copy of leopard 10.5.2 by ZEPHYROTH.

does any one have a good tutorial to follow for newbies.I have windows black xp and I tried the dual boot tutorial made at osx86.thefreesuite.com/leo_amd.php but after complete everything to step 6.

I go to disk utility to open and select the partition I have created, but the partition is not there,so I cant format my partition to HFS+ journaled.I need so help please.

PS: If dual boot does not work with xp, I dont care to format my hole HDD.

I just need somebody to help me format the HDD, so leopard recogninsed

I avoided the EFI stuff during install... is it needed, to have a working set up with this release?

Yep, EFI is needed, without it i get no darwin and i can boot only from the dvd.

Zephyroth 10.5.2 is now working for me ;)

For me it doesn't work. It installed about 1,5 hours and then suddenly powered off. After restarting OSX booted, but it stops at the grey screen with the apple logo. I installed using EFI and the new Kernel.

My specs:

AMD Turion X2 SSE3

ATI Xpress 1100

ATI RS482M chipset

WDC WD1200BEVS IDE

It's a Amilo Pa1510. http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/home/produc...lo_pa_1510.html

What did I do wrong?

Time ago I downloaded Zephyroth's 10.5.1 for AMD, and it didn't work, I didn't even see the installer.... I still have hope that I will have mac on my PC.... do you think Zephyroth's 10.5.2 will work on my computer?

My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A215-S4767,

it has 2 gb ram,

AMD turion 64x2 Dual Core Mobile Technology,

250 gb HDD + 80 gb HDD (external),

ATI Radeon X1200,

54g Atherols Wi-Fi (802.11b/g); 10/100 Ethernet; 4 USB, 1 FireWire, 1 VGA,

1 S-Video, 1 ExpressCard 34/54. 5-in-1 memory card reader,

Realtek High Definition Audio ALC268

SSE 3

hello again.

sorry to bother again, but I still having problems.

I cant not make my pc to recognised my partition,please somebody help me.

My specs are: hp pavilion dv6607nr

Product Number GY131UA#ABA

Microprocessor 1.7 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 TK53 Mobile Technology

Microprocessor Cache 512KB L2 Cache

Memory 1024 (2 x 512 MB)

Memory Max Up to 4 GB

Video Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 7150M

Video Memory Up to 287 MB

Hard Drive 160 GB (5400)

Multimedia Drive Super Multi 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support

Display 15.4” WXGA High Definition BrightView Widescreen (1280 x 800)

Fax/Modem High speed 56K modem

Network Card Ethernet 10/100BT integrated network interface

Wireless Connectivity 802.11b/g WLAN

Sound Altec Lansing speakers

3D Sound Blaster Pro compatible sound 16 bit integrated

Keyboard 101-key compatible & 2 Quick Launch Buttons

Pointing Device Touch Pad with On/Off button and dedicated vertical Scroll Up/Down pad, volume control, mute buttons, 2 Quick Launch Buttons

PC Card Slots One ExpressCard/54 slot (also supports ExpressCard/34)

External Ports 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards

3 USB 2.0

1 VGA port

1 RJ11 modem connector

1 RJ45 ethernet connector

S-video TV out

2 headphones-out

1 mic-in

1 notebook expansion port 3

1 IEEE 1394

1 Consumer IR

I already use diskpart and create partition primary id=af,but still not work.

I have leopard 10.5.2 amd.

do I need to patch something or change something in my HDD.

PS:please if somebody have the same computer the I have and have working leopard let me know who you did it.

thank you

sorry for my english

It is a SSE2 release

I am intrigued. I probably should have known, since I actually received an install screen. :(

Then my question becomes, how do I overcome this "waiting for root" message?

This is the issue I have, when I believe I made all the correct choices on the install screeen.

Anything else generally gives the black/grey blink, or the hard drive does not "exists" when booting. It's just stuck at "boot from dvd"

I read tons of threads here, and wikis elsewhere.

What I have come up with so far is, activate "ehci" in bios, but this option is not available anywhere.

I do have sata connectors on the mainboard, but I only use a pata drive.

The other option is to move medevil kext to somewhere, someone said "ioatafamily.kext/contents/plugins"

But, how do I do this when I can't access my drive in any acceptable form or another?

Another option is to activate the hard drive, but I believe this is not an issue, since it is always already done in setup, the "disc utility" screen. (If I'm not mistaken)

I can probably do the routine:

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

update

f 0

w

q

reboot

Where should I enter this?

Thank you for your suggestions.

A64 3200+ SSE2 (Socket754)

Abit KV8-MAX3 (VIA K8T800)

Geforce 6800 Ultra/2600

Western Digital Caviar 40GB, pata 133.

with about 7 mins left i get a message saying "INSTALL FAILED. The Installer could not validate the contents of the 'JavaTools' package. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance" i can not figure out what it means anyone have an idea what i should do?

I have the same issue as Jaredish - Loads past white apple screen, then flashed back and forth from loading screen to black screen. Any suggestions?

When installing I chose ToH 9.2, EFI MBR, Nvidia 10.5.2 Drivers, RT2500 Wifi, forecdeth Lan and AC97 sound

PC: Self made

Graphics: Nvidia 7300 GT 256MB

Mobo: ASUS MN

Sound: SoundMax HD

Extra items selected during install: ToH 9.2, EFI MBR

Overall/Summary: Nope

Ok so I downloaded the iso off the bay and I checked what I wanted to be in the install and the install took about 20 minutes and after it restarts nothing happens I get the blinking curser. I tried activating the partition and still nothing. Any suggestions? My specs are in my sig.

Possible solution to your black/gray screens alternating

I hope this works for you. It did the trick for me. So here goes:

Boot up in safe mode (-x) and setup your account

Reboot after you get thru the whole process and to the desktop

Worked for me

Dfi Lanparty NF4-Ultra

XFX geforce 6800 512mb

Amd Opteron

On board ALC850 audio <- partially working

Install went great after getting a good dvd burned

Not working here, NForceATA detect's my chipset, but it gives me the still waiting for root device error

Do you get a sam error when your run -v ???

Issue: The pre-installation hangs on a SAM Multimedia Read Error and you get a message like this one:

SAM Multimedia: read or write failed, SENSE_KEY = 0x04, ASC =0x08, ASCQ=0x03

Sollution: This is caused by a bad dvd or the way it has been burned. Try to reburn the image with a different program (WinIso) and at a lower speed (try using 2x or 4x ).

Problem I had with my first DVD

Please somebody help me...... I just finished installing on a tx1220 laptop, and although it boots up. When I go to disk utility, disk utility shows that it has detected a fatal s.m.a.r.t error. The thing is that everything else works fine under vista, no errors in the HD. This little error is preventing the kexts from properly loading up. So it making me go without sound, wireless, or qe/qci. can somebody help me?

Hi, I get the same as this. It looks as though it's going to boot, but then the 0 with the / through it.

my specs are:

CPU: AMD A64 3700+ 2.21 GHz

MB: Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro-SLI

on board audio is Realtek AC '97

on board NVIDIA nForce network controller

Mem: 2GB Kingston DDR

HDD: Maxtor Raptor 10k 34GB

I'm pretty new, so any help will do! :D

edit: I should also note that it won't reboot after install at all unless the DVD is still in the drive.

Okay, I got it... I was stupid and missed some steps.

Now it's working great. I can't find much wrong with it besides it still requires the DVD to boot up.

Is there a way to fix that?

Oh, and many thanks. This is a great way to testdrive OSX before dishing out the dough for the real deal. :)

Ah, massive progress. My computer is 98% operational. Dual screen works properly, full hardware acceleration (system profiler says QE/CI whatever is supported/enabled (wee, the screensaver is finally fluid, and not a 2fps show) ), network is operational.

However, I have no sound. This is a bummer. I tried all the options in the installer, but everytime I selected a driver for sound, the install fails/crashes/stops/stucks and when I reset, I get this lovely grey "you have to reboot" screen.

I have a Abit KV8-MAX3 motherboard with a Southbridge "VT8237" using a Realtek ALC658 on-board chip. This one worked (somewhat... there was "scratching" in the sound, like an old LP) in the Jas 10.4.8 release, so I guess there should be some driver out there that works.

Any suggestions?