Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 for AMD Succes Or Problem Thread

microsoft whiz

497 posts in this topic

hey shredplayer,to make the partition mbr, is that under the customise options under bootloader or is there somewhere else i can enable the mbr ?

drop down the options to install EFI or MBR...if you dont you get a chain boot error. You cant just update either, i had to do a full install..make sure to read all the options and available kexts too!

Not working here, NForceATA detect's my chipset, but it gives me the still waiting for root device error ^_^

did u remember to select nforce1/2/3/4/5 under chipsets? if not u can manually copy the kext over.

also i think there is something wrong with the acpiplatform in this release since my comp doesn't turn off nor does ps2 work. in previous releases this was fixed by disabling usb legacy in the bios. right now it is disabled and it still doesn't work properly

Just wanted to report on a almost perfect install!

PC: Asus A8N-SLI, AMD 4400 X2, 2Gb 333 Mhz Memory

Hard disk: Sata I disk

Video card: NVidia 7800 GT 256 Mb fully supported

DVD DL burner: LG supported

Audio: ACL 850 Audio In and Out working (connected to front panel)

Network: 3Com3C905b-TX network card fully working natively (really love that...)

Keyboard/Mouse: PS/S Keyboard and Mouse working.

Firewire: Working

USB 1.1/2 not yet working. USB 1.1 Logitech headset and USB 2 External disk are recognized in System Profiler, but don't work or mount to the desktop. (yet?)

Update: USB 1.1/2.0 working if devices are plugged in and powered up at boot.

I used GUID partition table, so I had to install EFI (8) manually

Best,

Cat_7

anyone have any luck with this on an HP dv6000 (AMD model)? i pretty much gave up on this machine...every version i've tried (10.4.7, 10.4.8, 10.5.1) failed to detect my internal hard drive, and unless anyone's had any success i don't really feel like going through the hassle again.

I've installed Jas 10.4.8 AMD on a USB Hard Drive. I'm now waiting on the Zephyroth 10.5.2 AMD to finish Dl'd so I can try it before I try and install the .kext to show sata hard drives. You had 10.5.1 install DVD booted.. on your HP dv6000? Which one?

thanks shredplayer and suprmodelrobot..i got it to boot up finally but not the grey screen come on the changes to black and i get the "you need to restart your computer. hold down the power button for several seconds or press the restart button" error....i have removed the 2nd video card yet...could that be causing the error ?

just a quick question before i try this release

my specs are

Asus A8N-SLI socket 939 motherboard (NForce 4 chipset -bios version 1014)

Athlon 64 X2 4400+ (SSE3)

2GB DDR 400

Nforce 4 LAN

Nvidia Geforce 7900 GS PCIe 256MB ram

1x400G Sata II (vista installed on here)

1x250G Sata (xp pro installed on here)

1x120G IDE - primary slave - (data drive)

1x40G IDE - primary master - (used for OSX installs)

Liteon DVDRW - IDE - secondary master

I was running TubGirl 10.4.10 happily with everything working, lan, sound, all hard drives readable, all aps worked. Then i upgraded my graphics card (Geforce 6600 GT PCIe 128MB) to the one listed above and this fell over

I got the 10.5.1 release working last night and got past the LAN freezing issue by updating the forcedeth kext, but every now and again the system freezes, playback of quicktime crashes firefox, and dowloading drivers for my laserjet 4200 from HP's website locks my machine up, and lastly the windows seem to be less fluid than they were in 10.4.10, they seem jerky and unaccelerated.

whats the general consensus about this release, is it better than the 10.5.1 release? or should i try and persevere with what i already have?

Lastly, if anyone could post some links so i can read up about EFI and guid partitions that would be really good so i can figure out this stuff for myself.

Thanks very much.

Perfect!

This is the best Leopard DVD for me. Its the first one that works right out of the box. I tryed nearly every release and every realease had its specific problems.. but this one is the first which just works.. !!!

CI/QE are supportet after installation.

And its the fastest OSX release till now for me, just everything works smooth and very fast, faster than 10.4.x !!

Even Time Machine works with its own partition.

The only patch i needed was agpgart 1.2

My hardware is not state of the art, but i am lucky as hell that everything JUST WORKS!

Look at my specs on the pic:

post-43802-1203521068_thumb.jpg