1. 1. drugs

• marijuana
    • alcohol
    • tobacco
    • pain killers
    • other pills (valium etc)
    • halucigens (lsd, shrooms, etc)

216 posts in this topic

Alcohol=OK, Drugs=not OK in my opinion. I've seen too many people go down that route and see their lives turned to oblivion because of it.

Drugs don't ruin people's lives, people ruin their own lives with drugs as the catalyst. Drugs are simply a substance, they cannot inherently ruin somebody's life.

Many people who drink Alcohol become addicted to it and it "ruins" their lives as well.

If people think that any other drugs are different than this, they are having a delusion.

The truth of the matter is that some people can handle them, and some people cant, we need to help those who cant. Banning drugs and trying to enforce it is detrimental to freedom and impractical. It does not address the societal factors that attract people to drugs in the first place.

Many people who drink Alcohol become addicted to it and it "ruins" their lives as well.

Agree'd. Alcohol has ruined just as many lives if not more as 'drugs'.

Don't mess with anything hard, that's stupid, really. Soft stuff like weed is fair game and less unhealthy and addictive than alcohol.

Here's an addiction that none of you will own up to:

Masturbation. :P

Let's face it, no matter how much you try, you need to go have a little time to yourself every now and then :P

I own up to it, almost everybody does it, I do, I enjoy it. and I completely agree with your statement!

%96 of America does drugs. Most of them are legal and approved by the FDA *Federal Delusional {censored}s*.

I smoke tobbaco, and drink. I use what comes from the earth. Not man-made {censored}, that can kill you faster.

I find that hard to believe.

You must be taking *something* to help you come up with your delusional rants

some social paranoia, severe memory issues.. reduced vocabulary because I can't remember words I want to use at times, a little dislexia (but controllable),

i believe all those were brought out in me from the result of lots of pot smoking, mostly severe anxiety (already have predisposition to), reduced vocab, and rarely a little dislexic. everyone i know can handle weed (besides a couple ppl). im gonna try to go sober from everything now so i can get perscribed valium or something for the anxiety. im also trying to seak a job in IT management btw :)

• 1 month later...

Since tobacco is on the list I guess I can join the club. That's the only one I've done on list and those others that you guys thought should be on the list, not counting the rare long island ice tea I have about 2x a year. My only other addiction is to caffeine in the form of Excedrin Migraine with a soda chaser, but that is only when I need to pull and all nighter.

However, even though I have never used it, I do feel that maybe we should legalize marijuana, it would help cut down the overcrowding in the jails. They are way more harmful drugs and problems out there to put so much stress on a plant and this includes tobacco. I never heard of anyone getting in to a car and killing themselves or others just because they had a joint or smoked a cigarette. Most pot heads I do know usually too lazy to go anywhere unless it was a food run. Although, considering a lot of countries consider Americans fat and lazy now, I would hate to hear what they would say if we did legalize marijuana.

How about the option for "none?" I tried to submit it without selecting anything, and the forum software said I had to choose at least one drug to submit! I guess that means the only answer you're going to get to the title question, "do you do drugs," will be "yes." lol

I don't do drugs. Anymore. I think they are childish now. All the sophomores and juniors in high school do them, at least in mine. They're always like 'Yea man, let's go toke up and act stupid. It'll be hilarious. And cool since weed's cool.' (I know I sound like a DARE counselor, blow me.) Now I'm not knocking a good time, but say you spend $40 on an eighth of weed, which they do cause they don't know the difference between different types, you usually end up smoking all of it in one night simply because it's {censored} and it wears off pretty quick. I'd rather use that $40 for something I could actually use. Like Mario Kart, or food for like 3 weeks (I don't go out and buy food alot). Or if I don't have to go to work the next day, throw in with a couple of friends and get two big ass bottles that'll last us two weeks. I also don't need to be losing anymore brain cells, I already have a bad memory and whatnot from smoking.

No offense to anyone that smokes. It's your life man. I'm not here to change your ways.

'Yea man, let's go toke up and act stupid. It'll be hilarious. And cool since weed's cool.'.

Hell ya man, I'm down for that :D

No, and I hope I'll never even get close to it.

I agree completely.
+2

Why though, how do you know if you like something until you try? No doubt as an adult (and if you're normal, as a high school student) you will be drinking all kinds of alcohol, how is something like say, marijuana any different? Just because something may be illegal in your state or country doesn't mean its bad or terrible.

If you're state hasn't decriminalized marijuana yet, try legal things. Hit the Hookah. Order some Kava root from amazon (yes, legal drugs off amazon!) and brew some tea. Experimenting with altered levels of consciousness is great, and I would recommend it to anyone interested.

Hell ya man, I'm down for that ;)

I agree completely.+2

Why though, how do you know if you like something until you try? No doubt as an adult (and if you're normal, as a high school student) you will be drinking all kinds of alcohol, how is something like say, marijuana any different? Just because something may be illegal in your state or country doesn't mean its bad or terrible.

If you're state hasn't decriminalized marijuana yet, try legal things. Hit the Hookah. Order some Kava root from amazon (yes, legal drugs off amazon!) and brew some tea. Experimenting with altered levels of consciousness is great, and I would recommend it to anyone interested.

I'm a libertarian, I say legalize everything... as long as they use their drugs responsibly by not engaging in activities that put others at risk while they're high, fine. Until they are legalized, however, everyone using illegally obtained drugs are supporting criminal networks and all the social and economic abuses that come along with them. They can say it is our government's fault for driving the drug trade underground and I wouldn't completely disagree but still it doesn't excuse the end user from responsibility. If you buy or trade for illegally obtained drugs, you're an accomplice.

If you happen to be growing your own marijuana in your Grandma's greenhouse, drinkin' kava with the bros, or using any legally obtained "consciousness altering" substance, whatever dude. Have at it... personally I don't think you're all that creative or productive if you feel the need to resort to such {censored}.

We might live in a society where drug use is pervasive but it's still socially stigmatized and is considered anything but normal. There are still many of us who think you're all a bunch of :P losers. If I had anything to do with it, the billions allotted law enforcement agencies in their pointless battle against the production and distribution networks of such things would be diverted to research, education, and rehabilitation. With more information, those still inclined to use could do so more safely; those who need help with addiction would have treatment readily available; and those still deciding if to use would hopefully be able to make more informed choices. And most importantly, through legalization, the criminal elements behind the drug trade would be substantially weakened. Of course in my ideal world, people would be smart enough not to drink until they're drunk or feel the need to "alter" their consciousness to the point of diminished capacity.

For those who disagree with the decriminalization of drugs, I realize there are some fundamental problems with such a stance... just as there are fundamental problems with our current course of action. When weighing the pros and cons, I can't help but think we might be wise in trying something radically different. There are risks involved but are they any higher than what we're facing now?

LOL @ people thinking marijuana is considered a "bad drug" while they go out and get alcohol poisoning and take tylenol to cure their hangover headache...

There's many cases of alcohol-related deaths, and overdoses of over-the-counter drugs, but marijuana incidences can't even be counted on one hand.

America is brainwashed.