1. 1. drugs

• marijuana
    • alcohol
    • tobacco
    • pain killers
    • other pills (valium etc)
    • halucigens (lsd, shrooms, etc)

216 posts in this topic

Drinking alcohol, a poisonous substance, and smoking anything is a delusion. Few short term experiences surely do not outweigh the long term affects.

Try telling that to my Grandfather, who had to have his lung grafted to prevent it from turning cancerous, whilst they filled with fluid.

Try telling that to my step mum, who is unable to walk more than 100m without being out of breath. She would love to stop smoking, it would do her asthma a great deal of good, but she is addicted.

If you smoke for a long time, the long term affects are going to come back and haunt you whether you want them to or not.

Drinking alcohol, a poisonous substance, and smoking anything is a delusion. Few short term experiences surely do not outweigh the long term affects.

An occasional drink of alcohol is not a problem -- and likely much less damaging to your health (some say even beneficial) than the occasional cheese burger from McDonald's.

Anything in excess is going to cause problems eventually. Use common sense.

Not really, especially if you don't get addicted. And there are studies that show that heavy marijuana smokers have a lower chance of getting cancer, along with all its other health benefits.

And since you don't need to smoke nearly as much weed as you do tobacco they aren't really comparable.

Not really, especially if you don't get addicted. And there are studies that show that heavy marijuana smokers have a lower chance of getting cancer, along with all its other health benefits.

And since you don't need to smoke nearly as much weed as you do tobacco they aren't really comparable.

I'd like to see evidence that breathing tar and smoke into your lungs makes you live longer :unsure:

I'd like to see evidence that breathing tar and smoke into your lungs makes you live longer :D

No, the marijuana itself is good for you and prevents cancer. Its also used in the treatment of people who already have it.

And the potential for the smoke to cause cancer is far smaller then the risk of tobacco.

Anybody that thinks weed doesn't do any harm to you is {censored} stupid.

Not really, especially if you don't get addicted.

Doesn't matter if you get addicted or not, do it enough and you'll see long term effects. Use some common sense instead of just being stoned all the time.

No, the marijuana itself is good for you and prevents cancer. Its also used in the treatment of people who already have it.

And the potential for the smoke to cause cancer is far smaller then the risk of tobacco.

Cigarettes have "filters", marijuana does not. You receive more particles when you smoke a blunt. Also, when has there been a large scale marijuana study?

Cigarettes have "filters", marijuana does not. You receive more particles when you smoke a blunt. Also, when has there been a large scale marijuana study?

By having a filter it doesn't mean it does less harm since you can't compare easily the damage that the compounds of each one cause .

Cigaratte do cause much more damage to your lungs than marijuana ( before saying I'm pro-marijuana , I smoke cigarettes ) ,

but marijuana does damage as well , I won't risk saying which one does more harm to your brain since I don't have the knowledge

to do so .

What I think it's the bad thing about this topic is that are a lot of people ( that includes people who are pro-drugs ) that doesn't know anything

about what they're saying , do some little research before saying something here , as someone said here , use common-sense . I don't see

any problem in trying drugs if you do it responsibly and know the consequences of it , just because some drugs aren't legalized it doesn't mean

they do less harm than legalized ones such as tobacco and alcohol , almost all drugs have some kind of collateral effect and that includes

marijuana , you don't understand fully the mechanism of your brain , you can't tell the real extension of the damage in short/long-term .

I would say more but I have to have dinner :(

Regards !

Chaos

Anybody that thinks weed doesn't do any harm to you is {censored} stupid.

If you are referring to the the effects it has on your lungs if smoked, well yes one should be aware of those. It is a lot less damaging than tobacco however, and you don't have to smoke it to get its effects (tea, brownies). Overall weed is one of the most 'harmless' drugs, I really don't see how one can dispute that.

Use some common sense instead of just being stoned all the time.

What do you mean by this? Of course I agree one shouldn't be stoned all the time, it's not a good idea to do anything (especially a substance) too much. But do you think smoking say once a week or once a month goes against common sense?

If you are referring to the the effects it has on your lungs if smoked, well yes one should be aware of those. It is a lot less damaging than tobacco however, and you don't have to smoke it to get its effects (tea, brownies). Overall weed is one of the most 'harmless' drugs, I really don't see how one can dispute that.

What do you mean by this? Of course I agree one shouldn't be stoned all the time, it's not a good idea to do anything (especially a substance) too much. But do you think smoking say once a week or once a month goes against common sense?

I was talking about the effect on your brain as well. I know alot of people that have become stupider from smoking. So much so that I can't even have a conversation with them because their stupidity pisses me off. Granted that I'm not tolerable of stupid people in general, stoners or not. As for the common sense line, I was talking about people like that ^^ that I just mentioned. And people that go through their lives just being stoned all the time. I didn't mean anything against the once-in-a-while guy. They're killing their lungs and brain too, but it just takes that a little bit longer.

Yeah, everyone has a "friend that got stupid from marijuana." That isn't backed up by any scientific data AT ALL. If they do seem dumber its probably because they've either been doing other drugs or they just rely on weed for all their fun and act stupid.

I was talking about the effect on your brain as well. I know alot of people that have become stupider from smoking.

Read:

http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/factsmyths/

Specifically: http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/factsmyths/#memory

In short; Memory and cognition only appear to be effected while under the influence of marijuana. You return to "normal" when you sober up.

See above post.

Out of curiosity, have you ever been high?

Yes erei I have. Quite a number of times actually. Just because I don't look up information about the drug when I smoked it, like most stoners do, doesn't mean I didn't get high.

Brainbone, I've seen that site before and read it. While I'm sure it's got a number of things right, I do not agree with the memory thing at all. Cause I have a pretty bad memory process. I have horrible short-term memory, and I'm not in a perma-high, and same goes for a couple of my friends. I know I haven't done anything other than weed. I've wanted to, but I just smoked weed and drank. And I know they've done the same cause we're family, so if they did something, we'd all find out about it really soon.

And kinkster, I never said anything about scientific data, AT ALL. They haven't done other drugs. Well at this point probably, but when I was still chill with them, they didn't. And they acted stupid within a limit cause none of my bunch really like things that are stupid. We all kinda find it pointless.

All 3 of you, and the rest of the tokers here can use your studies and data against me. I could care less, seeing as those studies, like all, have exceptions where things had the counter-effect. I'm sure when they were looking at the effects and writing down in their little notebooks everything that was going on, there were a couple of labrats that had some issues from smoking.

My dad's buddy jumped off a building after Lsd. My grandpas vietnam buddy did heroin and it screwed him up(died eventually). and my mom's friend had an addiction to weed.

I think I am a little scared to try anything seeing how its screwed people up in my life so much.

Thats all about the abuse of the drug. All the big names in the introduction of LSD(Hoffman, Leary) would never advocate being anywhere near a building on LSD. Hoffman didn't want it to be used at all in non medical places. You should always do it with a sitter, so they can stop you when your about to do something like jump off a building.

Basically its people like your dad's buddy that led to making LSD illegal.

Brainbone, I've seen that site before and read it. While I'm sure it's got a number of things right, I do not agree with the memory thing at all. Cause I have a pretty bad memory process. I have horrible short-term memory, and I'm not in a perma-high, and same goes for a couple of my friends. I know I haven't done anything other than weed. I've wanted to, but I just smoked weed and drank. And I know they've done the same cause we're family, so if they did something, we'd all find out about it really soon.

Thats your situation. If marijuana and drinking did indeed cause memory loss, I'm sorry. I smoke 3 or 4 times each month, sometimes more. If I got to talking about it, I too would say 'I forget things all the time, my short term memory is awful'. Heres the thing: everyone forgets things all the time. I'm not calling placebo on you or anything like that, but its something to consider.

Example - Alcohol:

1. I drank Alcohol last night, I drank so much that I threw up everywhere, and blacked out, it was crazy, but it was fun. I had such a bad headache in the morning, and I felt sick to my stomach. I tried to eat but I threw up again right after. Next time, I wont drink as many beers.

Hypothetical drug: "Crash"

2. I took some pills of "crash" last night, I took a few too many so I was throwing up everywhere, and blacked out, it was crazy, but it was fun. I had such a bad headache in the morning,, and I felt sick to my stomach. I tried to eat but threw up again right after. Next time, I wont take as many "crash" pills.

Do you see what I am trying to show here?If a new drug came out tomorrow that had the exact same properties as alcohol except it was a pill, or smoked, there would be a huge public outcry to ban it "for the good of society". Screw what society TELLS you. Do experiments, look up scientific data, find out which drugs are IN REALITY bad for you, and which ones are relatively minor.

Do not rely on hundreds of years of tradition to tell you whats right and wrong, experiment, find out for yourself, study, learn grow. If one doesn't want to do drugs, thats perfectly fine, just don't try to tell ME what I can put in my body and what I can't, its a judgmental and arrogant attitude about drugs (not specifically at you, just people in general).

Love, Killbot1000

Interesting that you seem to be replying to my post without reading it. I said that Alcohol is as bad as any other drug. Exactly how does that mean I'm "relying on tradition to tell me what's right and wrong?" it's not society telling me that driving drunk is bad. It's empirical data. I think the legal BAC level of .08% is way too high for driving. I think Sweden's .02% is much more reasonable. If people want to drink themselves stupid in their own homes, that's fine with me (as long as they don't hurt anyone in their home - I have a friend who has a bad back because her drunk mother hit her with a chair when she tried to separate her from her drunk father). Just don't do it where you could end up hurting someone else.