1. 1. drugs

• marijuana
    • alcohol
    • tobacco
    • pain killers
    • other pills (valium etc)
    • halucigens (lsd, shrooms, etc)

216 posts in this topic

LOL @ people thinking marijuana is considered a "bad drug" while they go out and get alcohol poisoning and take tylenol to cure their hangover headache...

There's many cases of alcohol-related deaths, and overdoses of over-the-counter drugs, but marijuana incidences can't even be counted on one hand.

America is brainwashed.

They're both bad drugs. The only thing that makes marijuana worse than alcohol for me is that it smells like ass. I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke, but marijuana smoke is even worse.

As for "altered levels of consciousness," all any drug does is impair things. You don't become more creative by taking drugs, or more philosophical. You only think you do because in your "altered level of consciousness" things seem more creative or philosophical. I can't stand being around people in their "altered levels of consciousness," because the either get stupid or angry.

basically if you have never tried it, stfu and go home as you are in no position to say what it does/does not do

I'm in no position to talk, but what I see happening to others should give me a pretty good idea...

no it shouldnt lol. i know so many people who take things differently, to look at a group of people and then make a stereotype from that small sample is completely ignorant

I used to think that all the drug and smoking ed in school was just useless {censored}, but it has helped me out. I don't think I will ever use marijuana, def not any hallucinogens, AND DEFINATELY NOT METH! If you're using meth..... just youtube it. That's some bad stuff there. As for tobacco, I work in a restaurant that has an enormous bar and being around people smoking and puffing in your face all day it definately makes me not want to use it. As for alcohol, I used to think I would do it, but after some issues with my mother and alcohol I have to say I don't really want a part in it. I don't really se that much harm in it until it is abused, but I just don't think I would feel good if I did. I do have one statement for smokers.... you're committing suicide. I don't really think there's any other way to say it. You're killing yourself.

Maybe if your smoking cigs, marijuana smoke will have hardly any effect on your lungs given how much you need to get high. You'd have to smoke an INSANE amount to come even close to he damage that your average tobacco smoker can get.

Which hallucinogens do you not like? Why?

I was refering to cigarrete smokers. Sorry for not clarifying that.

As for hallucinogens, that was purely my opinion for myself. I personally don't know enough about the effects, but I like the current mind I'm in and don't really wanna go through what hallucinogens seem to portray.

They're both bad drugs. The only thing that makes marijuana worse than alcohol for me is that it smells like ass. I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke, but marijuana smoke is even worse.

As for "altered levels of consciousness," all any drug does is impair things. You don't become more creative by taking drugs, or more philosophical. You only think you do because in your "altered level of consciousness" things seem more creative or philosophical. I can't stand being around people in their "altered levels of consciousness," because the either get stupid or angry.

How is marijuana a bad drug when there are no studies that prove that marijuana has long-term effects?

Also, there are several studies that show that marijuana makes you more creative. Actually, as I recall, there was a study that showed that people who were high were better at performing single tasks than people who were "sober".

The brain is a very, very complex thing.

basically if you have never tried it, stfu and go home as you are in no position to say what it does/does not do

Agree'd. Alcohol ruins more lives and families than any other drug. Alcohol and Tobacco are some of the most addictive and harmful substances you can get, and are classified as 'hard' drugs. You want to avoid anything 'hard' like Cocaine, Heroin, Meth etc. But 'soft' drugs such as marijuana and psilocybin and others really don't 'hurt' you. I definitely feel more creative and philosophical when high, and can do normal tasks fine if I wish ( of course it'd only be dangrous to do something like driving under the influence of anything).

ive driven under the influence and tbh i have never driven better in my life, follwoing every road rule, keeping ample distance, utter perfection :P. Coke isnt even that hard nowadays imo, meth and heroin are just no goes for me. Heroin is too addictive and really {censored}s you up, i wouldnt touch meth just because it is not the sort of drug id like to associate with.

and djet, everyone can handle drugs differently, some can stay in control, others cant. its just the way the dice rolls

p.p.s: driving under the influence of weed isnt a smart idea. I meant when driving on speed or e.

Yeah alcohol can ruin lives......

But there are plenty of people that use it wisely and it has no harmful effects for them.

Alcohol is a bit different from any other drug, since you can consume a substantial amount of wine or beer without being affected by the actual alcohol. No other drug is really like it in that way.

ive driven under the influence and tbh i have never driven better in my life, follwoing every road rule, keeping ample distance, utter perfection :(.

You think you are driving better when actually you are NOT alcohol gives you confidence. Do not drink and drive chances are it wont be you that will be killed more likely someone else, possibly your friend. Could you live with that?

They're both bad drugs. The only thing that makes marijuana worse than alcohol for me is that it smells like ass. I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke, but marijuana smoke is even worse.As for "altered levels of consciousness," all any drug does is impair things. You don't become more creative by taking drugs, or more philosophical. You only think you do because in your "altered level of consciousness" things seem more creative or philosophical. I can't stand being around people in their "altered levels of consciousness," because the either get stupid or angry.

incorrect. Depends on the drug, and depends on the person. If one has stupid and angry tendencies and they take a drug like alcohol, it is only going to make it a lot worse ha ha.But if one is person who loves to think, break down, analyze, experiment, drugs do not ALWAYS impair things.

LSD for example causes your entire brain to flare up like a Christmas tree. Alcohol impairs by killing brain cells and shutting off certain sections of the brain for short periods of time (why I don't personally enjoy alcohol at all).

Weed is cool. It just augments drug use (meaning if you smoke weed with the combination of any drug it brings out the effects even more). Ecstasy is basically "love" in chemical pill form haha, it is great for enjoying electronic music, the bass goes inside you haha.

Really it all depends on what kind of experience one is trying to have. Most people enjoy drugs in certain social situations. Doing drugs and then trying to function (at a job, family reunion, etc.) probably isn't going to turn out well for most people in the long run. But there are certain times where most KINDS of drugs are appropriate.Have you ever thrown an Ecstacy party? Its actually pretty fun, because the next morning, theres no mess, no disgusting beer bottles everywhere, no vomit all over the toilet and ALL over the guests, no caked on liquid splattered all over the walls, just a nice clean house.

I would like to perform an experiment here, just to show everybody what drug use is all about. Our attitudes on drugs are completely socially constructed FOR US.

Example - Alcohol:

1. I drank Alcohol last night, I drank so much that I threw up everywhere, and blacked out, it was crazy, but it was fun. I had such a bad headache in the morning, and I felt sick to my stomach. I tried to eat but I threw up again right after. Next time, I wont drink as many beers.

Hypothetical drug: "Crash"

2. I took some pills of "crash" last night, I took a few too many so I was throwing up everywhere, and blacked out, it was crazy, but it was fun. I had such a bad headache in the morning,, and I felt sick to my stomach. I tried to eat but threw up again right after. Next time, I wont take as many "crash" pills.

Do you see what I am trying to show here?If a new drug came out tomorrow that had the exact same properties as alcohol except it was a pill, or smoked, there would be a huge public outcry to ban it "for the good of society". Screw what society TELLS you. Do experiments, look up scientific data, find out which drugs are IN REALITY bad for you, and which ones are relatively minor.

Do not rely on hundreds of years of tradition to tell you whats right and wrong, experiment, find out for yourself, study, learn grow. If one doesn't want to do drugs, thats perfectly fine, just don't try to tell ME what I can put in my body and what I can't, its a judgmental and arrogant attitude about drugs (not specifically at you, just people in general).

Love, Killbot1000

ive driven under the influence and tbh i have never driven better in my life, follwoing every road rule, keeping ample distance, utter perfection :(. Coke isnt even that hard nowadays imo, meth and heroin are just no goes for me. Heroin is too addictive and really {censored}s you up, i wouldnt touch meth just because it is not the sort of drug id like to associate with.and djet, everyone can handle drugs differently, some can stay in control, others cant. its just the way the dice rollsp.p.s: driving under the influence of weed isnt a smart idea. I meant when driving on speed or e.
Exactly!

BTW, I don't drive under the influence of Alcohol, or any other drug which impairs driving ability. (its not all of them)

^^ yeah, i dont drive under the influence of alcohol, so whoever was having a go at me above, just read the post properly next time. And it seems we share the same views on drugs and drug use :D, kudos on that!

You think you are driving better when actually you are NOT alcohol gives you confidence. Do not drink and drive chances are it wont be you that will be killed more likely someone else, possibly your friend. Could you live with that?

While I believe that driving drunk is irresponsible, what you say is completely incorrect. The odds of somebody dying even while driving drunk are still relatively low. Mothers against drunk driving did amazing sociological work by convincing the vast majority of Americans that the extreme case (killing somebody, crashing) was the average case. Anytime we want something to change socially, we usually end up doing this, saying that something is more harmful than it actually is. Drugs, sex, Pit bull dogs, Muslims, etc. Whenever we don't like something we blow it out of proportion and make it out to be evil, when it might simply just be stupid.

Drunk drivers aren't bad people SIMPLY because they were driving drunk. They might be bad people for other reasons that relate to alcohol use, but the fact that they drink and drive has nothing to do with one's "goodness" or "badness" , which are of course, completely socially constructed terms.

We should encourage people NOT to drink and drive, but don't put a value judgment on people based on one attribute alone.

While I believe that driving drunk is irresponsible, what you say is completely incorrect. The odds of somebody dying even while driving drunk are still relatively low. Mothers against drunk driving did amazing sociological work by convincing the vast majority of Americans that the extreme case (killing somebody, crashing) was the average case. Anytime we want something to change socially, we usually end up doing this, saying that something is more harmful than it actually is. Drugs, sex, Pit bull dogs, Muslims, etc. Whenever we don't like something we blow it out of proportion and make it out to be evil, when it might simply just be stupid.

Drunk drivers aren't bad people SIMPLY because they were driving drunk. They might be bad people for other reasons that relate to alcohol use, but the fact that they drink and drive has nothing to do with one's "goodness" or "badness" , which are of course, completely socially constructed terms.

We should encourage people NOT to drink and drive, but don't put a value judgment on people based on one attribute alone.

Yeah I agree people who drink and drive aren't bad people. The fact that the are drunk means they lose their inhibitions and might do things they would otherwise not do while sober. Like driving when they are not fit to do so. Catch 22

I lost a friend who was killed because of the actions of a drunk driver. He was in the passenger seat and the driver lost control and hit a stone wall, unfortunately a stone smashed through the window and hit him. Obviously he shouldn't have gotten in the car with the drunk driver but they were both drunk so not thinking straight.

People shouldn't drink and drive but when people are drunk they often do things they shouldn't do.

PS sorry Kiko didn't read your post correctly.

Yeah I agree people who drink and drive aren't bad people. The fact that the are drunk means they lose their inhibitions and might do things they would otherwise not do while sober. Like driving when they are not fit to do so. Catch 22

Yep! That's exactly what it's all about right there, couldn't have said it better ^_^.

I lost a friend who was killed because of the actions of a drunk driver. He was in the passenger seat and the driver lost control and hit a stone wall, unfortunately a stone smashed through the window and hit him. Obviously he shouldn't have gotten in the car with the drunk driver but they were both drunk so not thinking straight.

People shouldn't drink and drive but when people are drunk they often do things they shouldn't do.

PS sorry Kiko didn't read your post correctly.

Sorry for your friend, and yes, thankfully in NY your license is taken away, car towed, large fine, and an overnight jail stay.

How is marijuana a bad drug when there are no studies that prove that marijuana has long-term effects?

Cognitive dissonance?

Where do you think the burned particle matter in smoke goes in your body? The particles do not all get blown out when you exhale, some are stuck to your alveoli in your lungs and it builds up tar residue. Any smoke will do that to you, and you may end up with bronchitis, emphysema or bronchial asthma. Pretty nasty consequences if you ask me ;)

Cognitive dissonance?

Where do you think the burned particle matter in smoke goes in your body? The particles do not all get blown out when you exhale, some are stuck to your alveoli in your lungs and it builds up tar residue. Any smoke will do that to you, and you may end up with bronchitis, emphysema or bronchial asthma. Pretty nasty consequences if you ask me ;)

Whilst the effects of the drug itself are debatable, what isn't debatable is the effects of smoking anything.

Whether it be tobacco, cannabis or even herbs, the tar buildup is extremely detrimental to your health.