LS8v17 # Mac OS X 10.5.7 # GA-P35-DS4 # GA-EP45-DQ6

LS8

1,296 posts in this topic

Link is fixed any way

By the way Is8 You didn't comment About This great news :blush: Cheers !Hey guys Soon I would be summarizing fixes you do not need any way, in packages first post .Now you just need two kext replaced and EFI String fix You can just Drag Drop the eclau;s com.apple.boot.plist to required place and use this linked AppleHDA's file ,than you would have Nice sound while booting first time of music while setting up.(make sure you run while drive atttach to other computer , Just change the location to the partition where you installed retail Leopard :rolleyes: you are all set

Can I get a copy of your EFIString? I'm already using the sting that was posted for my XFX 7600GT, and it's working fine.I'd like to try getting rid of ALCinject as well.
Here you go :P

applehda.pkg.zip

com.apple.Boot.plist.zip

Just when you think it can't get any better.... :)

Just a quick question to LS8: I used your V3 package to get my P35-DS3R system working, many thanks. I just found out about V4, and I want to remove the files that RTL1xxx.pkg installed, to put it back to vanilla. I think it's causing some problems with my networking setup. Can you tell me how to find out which files it replaced, and how I can replace them? TIA.

Just when you think it can't get any better.... :hysterical:

I want to remove the files that RTL1xxx.pkg installed, to put it back to vanilla. I think it's causing some problems with my networking setup. Can you tell me how to find out which files it replaced, and how I can replace them? TIA.

Yes RTL1xxx causes problem after wakeup

and inbuilt has some issue too

check by sign

...I want to remove the files that RTL1xxx.pkg installed, to put it back to vanilla...

sudo rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/RealtekR1000.kext

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

sudo reboot

Front panel sound should work after patching, I have same board and it works

Is your front panel using HD connector or standard connector? My P182 came with both, I am wondering if it's because I am using HD connector. I will try to switch it out. Does your Optical out also work with the new gfx-string fix? I finally got the patch work and removed ALCinject.kext.

Let me know.

Realtek network solved.

The onboard ethernet card (based on Realtek 8111 chip) works out of the box in Leopard. Works, but not perfect. Internet works, but you cannot browse your network neighborhood computers (you cannot access shared folders, cannot use shared screen) and other computers in your netwrok cannot see your machine. You can install Realtek R1000 v.1.04 which solves this issue, but network doesn't work after wakeup from sleep. Yesterday I found that the problem only occurs if you use DHCP for network configuration. Network works perfect (even after wake from sleep) if you set your IP configuration statically. It should be no problem in most cases.

Realtek network solved.

The onboard ethernet card (based on Realtek 8111 chip) works out of the box in Leopard. Works, but not perfect. Internet works, but you cannot browse your network neighborhood computers (you cannot access shared folders, cannot use shared screen) and other computers in your netwrok cannot see your machine. You can install Realtek R1000 v.1.04 which solves this issue, but network doesn't work after wakeup from sleep. Yesterday I found that the problem only occurs if you use DHCP for network configuration. Network works perfect (even after wake from sleep) if you set your IP configuration statically. It should be no problem in most cases.

Excellent work! :D Confirmed as working even after waking from sleep! Now i can access the imac and the printer attached to it downstairs via the wireless.

I found something (maybe) interesting. On http://alex.upsidedown.free.fr/OSX86/Leopa...P35%20X38%20G33 you can find two files: alc889a optical.zip and alc889a shutdown.zip. I cannot try it right now, but maybe these drivers solve the last two problems we all have (shutdown and digital audio out not working)?

Is your front panel using HD connector or standard connector? My P182 came with both, I am wondering if it's because I am using HD connector. I will try to switch it out. Does your Optical out also work with the new gfx-string fix? I finally got the patch work and removed ALCinject.kext.

Let me know.

I used the HD Audio connector on mine. I thought it wasnt working at first. Turns out I had to go into System Preferences --> Audio, and set the output device to headphone out, and then it worked.

I found something (maybe) interesting. On http://alex.upsidedown.free.fr/OSX86/Leopa...P35%20X38%20G33 you can find two files: alc889a optical.zip and alc889a shutdown.zip. I cannot try it right now, but maybe these drivers solve the last two problems we all have (shutdown and digital audio out not working)?

Nope, I tried them (Alex uploaded them a few days ago) and it did not saved the shutdown problem, the "optical" is in fact the previous Kext, available for quite a long time (think it was built for 10.4) and the "shutdown" is a mofified version of this one, with the optical output disactivated, and maybe minor changes...

At least with my configration, since neither Kalyway nor the Install Pack (with Kalyway's AHCI kexts to read S.M.A.R.T. Temps) completely switch the computer off. it only improves the score of successful shutdown, but does not fix the problem for good. This bug is annoying, I'm dying for a solution...

Guest prljavibluzer

Since there is a lot of us who own P35-DS4, wouldn't be nice from you who have everything working ok to write step-by-step guide for Kalyway 10.5.1 ? From BIOS settings to what to select in installation and post installation stuff because I am troubled with several issues.

Thanks in advance.

LS8 thank you for the time and help on this topic with the installation of leo with a retail disc. I installed it form a Leo system and now its working great. I haven't tried sleep and shut down yet and such. I did update to 10.5.1 with no probs running on vanilla kext.

One thing that I don't know why is in about my mac, it says i'm running at 2.13 but I have a Q6600, it the bios it shows 2.4 so i still have to figure out what to do with it.

Also when I first booted in 10.5, my 5.1 speakers worked in the front with no probs, after the patch, i only hear it in the back, think I should switch back to the original kext or just wait till some better kext come out?