LS8v17 # Mac OS X 10.5.7 # GA-P35-DS4 # GA-EP45-DQ6

LS8

1,296 posts in this topic

Alright, I remember that this was printed on top of it. So it is a G0 and I am plain out of luck ocing it. Or I am doing something wrong: At the moment I am trying to oc by setting the CPU to 356x9, increase the voltage of the CPU to 1.325V and add +0.1V to FSB/PCIe/MCH Voltage and change the DRAM multiplier to something at least vaguely in the area of 800MHz (356x2.5=890). But it won't even boot into OS X. Maybe the RAM was too cheap? Its A-DATA Vitesta DIMM Kit 4096MB PC2-6400U CL5 (DDR2-800) @ Dual Channel Interleaved; I payed 120€ for the whole 8GB. Others report it to be running at 1:1 (3.2GHz) without increasing the voltage.

<edit>The BIOS displays a "Normal CPU Vcore" of 1.31250V, can this be correct?</edit>

First of all, you do not need to up the voltage on PCI-e. When overclocking, memory oftentimes is the culprit. You should try to underclock your memory by giving it 1:1 ratio. That will run your RAM at 712Mhz. Your A-data should be well within spec. Also start with a more relaxed timing so that RAM will not be in the equation. Give 6-6-6-18 and see if it will boot.

I had some difficulty in the beginning, but you should be able to rule out the issues by taking it slowly. My system also refused to overclock in the first week, but over time it has become a lot more stable, and I can easily hit 3.6Ghz now.

Let me know how it works.

Alright, I remember that this was printed on top of it. So it is a G0 and I am plain out of luck ocing it.

I don't believe that. You can OC this CPU to 3Ghz piece of cake with the stock intel cooler and stock voltages. Did you try 333x9 first?

Or I am doing something wrong: At the moment I am trying to oc by setting the CPU to 356x9, increase the voltage of the CPU to 1.325V and add +0.1V to FSB/PCIe/MCH Voltage and change the DRAM multiplier to something at least vaguely in the area of 800MHz (356x2.5=890). But it won't even boot into OS X.

I would suggest trying the default 333x9. Run Prime95 and monitor temps for at least 1/2hr - 1hr. Then if you wanna go for the big one (without WaterCooling - BTW what cooler are you running?) then put the multiplier down to 8x, and starting from 333, put it up 10mhz at a time till it's unstable, only then touch the voltages. Do a search on the net for OC Q6600 and you'll find a few articles that describe the process. Make sure you pick one that isn't using WC unless you are... :P

<edit>The BIOS displays a "Normal CPU Vcore" of 1.31250V, can this be correct?</edit>

You can't trust this. I think that these GB Bios' adjust the voltage themselves if you let them. I think there is a setting where it allows this. Running Core Temp under WinXP now, it says my VID = 1.3250v. I know I haven't changed it.

=================================================

man realy needing helpi can't get this to work if some one could upload all the kexts for patching the Mobo i've tryed this pack with the original leo dvd and no luck

You didn't say what isn't working...

this are my spcs

GA-P35-DS4 F11

If you can't get installed with this board, then I don't know how to help you. You can't go wrong with this board, and the umpteen guides that have been written for it, and the patches that are in the zip file.

EN8600GT 256Ram

Maybe this is your problem? Dunno, cos you don't tell us your symptoms...

i cant download any leo dvds because is to slow (i need 3weeks)

I have cheap broadband and got Kalyway in about 8 hours. You on dialup?

and bios config just teel me

Just tell us the problem you're having...

i realy need this to work i'm about to change to my old tiger on a SSE2 machine realy getting :wacko: with this

If you got another intel machine running OSX, you really don't have an excuse to not get this working, other than faulty hardware. It's the easiest thing in the world, easier than installing windows, dammit. Just put your new HD in your Tiger machine, partition it and install leopard to it from the retail DVD using the Terminal command 'open OSInstall.mpkg'. Then do the post patch script, and just put it back in your new machine...

***EDITED*** See below

I followed your directions to the T, 2 times.

Have two drives in my machine. One is a 500GB internal, second is 150 internal. Have Kalyway up and running pretty nicely on the 500, but want to get as close to vanilla as I can. So follow your method for the 150...

Format GUID

Partition

Run Pre-Patch

Install 10.5 from retail disk

Run Post-Patch

reboot...

The first time when I ran the post script I got a lot of errors and when i tried to boot, it went to gray apple screen and hung up. So I started from square 1 again, this time I took the dollar signs out of the post script and didn't get the errors (not sure if this is where I am going wrong). I went into the destination volume and it seemed like all the work that was in the script was being done, so i booted into that drive, got farther along, and then grey screen of death .. the classic, "you need to hold down your power button". I'm wondering what I am doing wrong and if it's my video card that is causing the issue.... have the 8800 in it right now. Picked up a 30 dollar 7200GS this afternoon, wonder if that will help?

Any feedback and help is appreciated

Thank you

:thumbsup_anim:

EDITS and UPDATES:

TOOK LUNCH and walked away for a little bit and did me a world of good, my brain started working again (a little bit). After coming back from lunch, I start over again. This time I realized that the $Destination was a variable and since I am using LEOPARD as my destination, i ran the .sh without any changes.

Still same result, I see the apple, i want to take a bite, turning gear, and then BAM! gray screen of hell

So this time I rebooted back into my Kalyway and jumped onto Terminal, and sudo -s and repaired permissions to the volume...

Rebooted, and still the same gray screen of misery.

Also tried to BOOT F8 into safe mood via -x -v, but it would not boot into safe mood, last line that it would get to was about "tent IndexOpenBulk: Unclean Shutdown of /.Spotlight-v100/Store-V1/Stores/....... needs recovery. I waited for a long time, but nothing...

I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I humbly as for assistance...thank you. :tomato:

Hey guys,

intel E8200, 4gbRAM, Gigabyte P35-DQ6 mobo, trying a Kalyway Leo install, once it gets upto the install i open diskutilty to format a partion on my XP drive and it gives me errors same error if i try and format a partion on my IDE drive, Drive is slave and DVD is master on the same cable??? any help"?

I've just dropped my IDE drive into a FW enclosure and formatted and partioned it on my LEP MBP lets hope that gets me know needing to Disk Utility,

What about my BIOS are there options in there i should have changed inorder to help make my install run smoother?

any help would be great.

cheers

J.

Nice post but i really dont get it. Do i need 2 hackintoshes for this? (or one hackintosh and one mac?) I wanna build my hackintosh (only one i got) is it possible to do this then? Will Time Machine work with this? (graphical). Will sleep work with a 8800GT and P35-DS4 2.0 ?

I would appreciate a nice explication.

Thx

-Nitra

BUMP, can someone explain me plz??

Will this be updated when 10.5.2 (final release) comes out?? What does this help for?

How do i make a tri-boot with PC EFI? (Leopard,Linux,Vista)

Thx..

The first time when I ran the post script I got a lot of errors and when i tried to boot, it went to gray apple screen and hung up. So I started from square 1 again, this time I took the dollar signs out of the post script and didn't get the errors (not sure if this is where I am going wrong). I went into the destination volume and it seemed like all the work that was in the script was being done, so i booted into that drive, got farther along, and then grey screen of death .. the classic, "you need to hold down your power button". I'm wondering what I am doing wrong and if it's my video card that is causing the issue.... have the 8800 in it right now. Picked up a 30 dollar 7200GS this afternoon, wonder if that will help?

<SNIP>

TOOK LUNCH and walked away for a little bit and did me a world of good, my brain started working again (a little bit). After coming back from lunch, I start over again. This time I realized that the $Destination was a variable and since I am using LEOPARD as my destination, i ran the .sh without any changes.

Still same result, I see the apple, i want to take a bite, turning gear, and then BAM! gray screen of hell

<SNIP>

Also tried to BOOT F8 into safe mood via -x -v, but it would not boot into safe mood, last line that it would get to was about "tent IndexOpenBulk: Unclean Shutdown of /.Spotlight-v100/Store-V1/Stores/....... needs recovery. I waited for a long time, but nothing...

Firstly, that 150Mb drive is SATA right (or it is ATA with a SATA convertor)? Also it's on the Orange INTEL SATA ports and not the purple GB ports?

If so, let's continue...

I don't think the 7200GS will help you, AFAIK it wasn't ever a official Mac gfx card. You can use it, but you're gonna go to the trouble you may as well get the 8800 working...

Use -v when booting to have a look at the messages on the screen. If you see anywhere the word 'PANIC' especially near the word 'KERNEL' then theres likely a message near that which will tell you what the issue is. It's usually graphics card related.

About shellscript: Anything line with $DESTINATION in it will substitute this variable for 'LEOPARD'. BTW - If you have formatted your drive as case sensitive, then you must match the case in both filenames and directories. Are you SURE that you called your Leopard partition 'LEOPARD' when you formatted it?

If I was you, I'd start again from scratch. Following the instructions (I know, you did 2x already) but paying extra special attention to when you partition the drive (GUID, and after that's done do an 'ERASE' on the newly created partition and put the name 'LEOPARD' in the box), and after installation pay EXTRA special attention to the post install script. If you have to, run it ONE line at a time, copy and pasting each line before executing it (If you do this you will have to type 'export DESTINATION=LEOPARD' first, then continue with the line 'sudo mkdir /Volumes/$DESTINATION/vanilla' in the script, until done. Notice that the line to repair permissions is commented out, remove the leading # from the line before running it.

I recommend that the first reboot you press F8 and type '-v' so we can see if/where it hangs.

Hope that helps somehow, and let us know how it goes.

What cooler are you running?

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro. Pretty silent (@ least @2.4GHz, that is).

I tried a lot tonight and it seems the USB-hd was the culprit. Now that I have not connected it the machine will at least boot into OS X. I bought a 450W be!quiet PSU so that 500mA the hd could suck over USB should not be a problem, but apparently it is :|

I'll keep you posted where I get.

Maybe I have to wait some time like verendus...

BUMP, can someone explain me plz??Will this be updated when 10.5.2 (final release) comes out?? What does this help for? How do i make a tri-boot with PC EFI? (Leopard,Linux,Vista)Thx..
Yes, you need one computer (either hackintosh or real mac) with leopard already running.
...trying a Kalyway Leo install...
Sorry, this is not Kalyway thread.
...when I ran the post script I got a lot of errors and when i tried to boot, it went to gray apple screen and hung up...
Post pre- and post- patches must be edited first. Please read both scripts carefully, there are comments what has to be edited and why.

Yes, you need one computer (either hackintosh or real mac) with leopard already running.Sorry, this is not Kalyway thread.Post pre- and post- patches must be edited first. Please read both scripts carefully, there are comments what has to be edited and why.

Thx for the answer but its just for one of my 4-5 questions...

;)

Firstly, that 150Mb drive is SATA right (or it is ATA with a SATA convertor)? Also it's on the Orange INTEL SATA ports and not the purple GB ports?If so, let's continue...I don't think the 7200GS will help you, AFAIK it wasn't ever a official Mac gfx card. You can use it, but you're gonna go to the trouble you may as well get the 8800 working...Use -v when booting to have a look at the messages on the screen. If you see anywhere the word 'PANIC' especially near the word 'KERNEL' then theres likely a message near that which will tell you what the issue is. It's usually graphics card related. About shellscript: Anything line with $DESTINATION in it will substitute this variable for 'LEOPARD'. BTW - If you have formatted your drive as case sensitive, then you must match the case in both filenames and directories. Are you SURE that you called your Leopard partition 'LEOPARD' when you formatted it?If I was you, I'd start again from scratch. Following the instructions (I know, you did 2x already) but paying extra special attention to when you partition the drive (GUID, and after that's done do an 'ERASE' on the newly created partition and put the name 'LEOPARD' in the box), and after installation pay EXTRA special attention to the post install script. If you have to, run it ONE line at a time, copy and pasting each line before executing it (If you do this you will have to type 'export DESTINATION=LEOPARD' first, then continue with the line 'sudo mkdir /Volumes/$DESTINATION/vanilla' in the script, until done. Notice that the line to repair permissions is commented out, remove the leading # from the line before running it.I recommend that the first reboot you press F8 and type '-v' so we can see if/where it hangs. Hope that helps somehow, and let us know how it goes.
Thanks for your time, I wonder if you got to see my edits? I did the install about 8 times now, learning more each time (feel like I'm back on DOS again throwing around commands and writing batch files!!!)The drives are SATA/they are plugged into ports 0,1 i think... the first two ports that are controlled by the ICH9 controller...not the SATA2 controlled portsYes, all my work was case sensitive and my drives are properly named. Should I sudo -s before running the scripts?I did do a -v , here are the screen shots. It hung up two times, the first time was for about 1 minute and then continued, the second time was there for like 10 minutes so I pulled the plug. If you see, the last hang was referring to an unclean shutdown around spotlight.The same computer runs fine with Kalyway if that tells you anything about my BIOS and Hardware config. I know that you guys keep these discussions sorta high level, but some more details between instructions would be appreciated cuz some of us are new to this. I will dive back into the project today and post my results. I will figure this out.. hopefully with some help from you guys! ;)
Yes, you need one computer (either hackintosh or real mac) with leopard already running.Sorry, this is not Kalyway thread.Post pre- and post- patches must be edited first. Please read both scripts carefully, there are comments what has to be edited and why.
I appreciate you taking your time to be involved here... so thank you.I used to write batch files and scripts so I'm able to read your post-sh (I've also compared it to other versions floating around). I brushed up on UNIX commands yesterday as well, so I understand what each line is doing. I did make the appropriate changes to the .sh.I can assure you that I am following the directions... now if you did not put something into your instructions that you assume we know how to do, then that would be an issue. I followed your directions step by step, line by line. Almost 8 times. Not taking short cuts, doing it from a Kalyway install onto a second drive installed in the same machine.You can see the screen shots of my -v in this threadthank you

post-177022-1202263207_thumb.jpg

post-177022-1202263406_thumb.jpg

Thx for the answer but its just for one of my 4-5 questions...:D
Yes, this thread will be updated when 10.5.2 is out. I do not use dual/tri boot.
...I followed your directions step by step, line by line. Almost 8 times. Not taking short cuts, doing it from a Kalyway install onto a second drive installed in the same machine...
You need original retail Leopard DVD, not Kalyway patched!

Yes, this thread will be updated when 10.5.2 is out. I do not use dual/tri boot.You need original retail Leopard DVD, not Kalyway patched!

I am using a Retail DVD, and i'm sorry if you misunderstood me. if you look at my signature, you will see my hackintosh build. I already got Kalyway running on it, which is pretty simple and buggy. I like your method, so i purchased another HD and am following your directions (as we speak). So i am on the hackintosh, working on the 500GB drive which has Kalyway installed on it... with the destination being the 150GB Raptor. When I try to reboot, i F12 into the Raptor and get the gray screen after following your directions. I am using a retail DVD as my install image to the Raptor

follow me? we are on the same page, and I am following your directions... 8 times now. I will try again right now.

thanks

I am using a Retail DVD, and i'm sorry if you misunderstood me. if you look at my signature, you will see my hackintosh build. I already got Kalyway running on it, which is pretty simple and buggy. I like your method, so i purchased another HD and am following your directions (as we speak). So i am on the hackintosh, working on the 500GB drive which has Kalyway installed on it... with the destination being the 150GB Raptor. When I try to reboot, i F12 into the Raptor and get the gray screen after following your directions. I am using a retail DVD as my install image to the Raptor

follow me? we are on the same page, and I am following your directions... 8 times now. I will try again right now.

thanks

Looking at your screenshots, I would say that the 1st screenshot looks OK, except for all the Jmicron messages. I know this kext is in the V4 patch, and it works, but it crashes my machine if RAM > 3.5Gb is addressed. If you don't have anything on the purple ports (or the IDE cables) then I'd rename it to stop it loading. If you do use these jmicron ports, or you have something on the IDE, then please change it, for the sake of your health :)

Screenshot 2 says to me that there's a GFX card issue. It's usually at the point where the GUI would be started, and you can see that it didn't... I would focus my efforts on searching the forums for what it takes to get a 8800 card working, and see if there's something you need to do, like add a driver, or an EFI string, or even delete a Kext.

Edit: I see from your sig that you have a 512Mb 8800 card. You definitely need to check this out...

Your guide has worked great for me, but now I'm having some small issues. I installed XP first then OSX on to two differnet partitions on the same drive, my xp messed up so reinstalled it, now I've lost my Darwin bootloader.. How do I set my

OSS partition as active from inside windows?

I wound up doing things manually which was better all around. I am up and running. I will post all the details within the next 24 hours or sooner. I created a step by step based on what I did, without using any shells. Altho I did study all the available shells in the Forums. Good idea to study them and then research each ktext.

Installing updates as we speak and will then attempt a reboot. After, VID drivers and then xbench.

DETAILS COMING :D

hello, and thank you for your great work !

I'm very interested in trying to install with a genuine leopard dvd ( a friend of mine just gave me one !)

but i can't arrive, what I do :

I connect a second HDD on the yellow connector, boot from my operationnal " kaly" install, then I format and partition as GUID +HFS journaled extended

Then I edit the prepatch ( for me the partition to install on is disk2s2 ) and try with unsuccess to apply it ; everytime I get :

Volume LEOPARD on disk2s2 unmounted

/Users/fred/Desktop/pre-patch.sh: line 13: cd: pc_efi_v80/: No such file or directory

sudo: ./startupfiletool: command not found

dd: ./guid/boot1h: No such file or directory

dd: ./guid/boot0: No such file or directory

so I use I am me method to pass it :

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=73952

then i run the command script :cd "/Volumes/Mac OS X Install DVD/System/Installation/Packages"; open OSInstall.mpkg

and it says me that the installation was ok,

then I try to install post patch without editing because I named the partition LEOPARD, and get it :

cp: /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/AppleEFIRuntime.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext: No such file or directory

rm: /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/AppleEFIRuntime.kext: No such file or directory

rm: /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext: No such file or directory

rm: /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext: No such file or directory

rm: /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext: No such file or directory

cp: directory /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions does not exist

cp: directory /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/MacOS does not exist

cp: directory /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/MacOS does not exist

so I tried to manually change each kext on the partition with the ones provided by your package, repair permissions , but when i boot on this partition, I get after the spinning wheel the " forbidden cartel" and it verbose mode , i get kernel panic ( darwin i386..)

any help would be very appreciated,

thanks in advance

fred

hello, and thank you for your great work !

I'm very interested in trying to install with a genuine leopard dvd ( a friend of mine just gave me one !)

but i can't arrive, what I do :

I connect a second HDD on the yellow connector, boot from my operationnal " kaly" install, then I format and partition as GUID +HFS journaled extended

Then I edit the prepatch ( for me the partition to install on is disk2s2 ) and try with unsuccess to apply it ; everytime I get :

/Users/fred/Desktop/pre-patch.sh: line 13: cd: pc_efi_v80/: No such file or directory

You didn't put the directories 'Guid' and 'Patches' on your desktop, or you are not running the script from /Users/fred/Desktop. One or the other. If you DID put those directories on the desktop then do a 'cd ~/Desktop' and try again.

so I use I am me method to pass it :

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=73952

then i run the command script :cd "/Volumes/Mac OS X Install DVD/System/Installation/Packages"; open OSInstall.mpkg

and it says me that the installation was ok,

then I try to install post patch without editing because I named the partition LEOPARD, and get it :

cp: /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/AppleEFIRuntime.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext: No such file or directory

rm: /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/AppleEFIRuntime.kext: No such file or directory

rm: /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext: No such file or directory

rm: /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext: No such file or directory

rm: /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext: No such file or directory

cp: directory /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/MacOS does not exist

cp: directory /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/MacOS does not exist

If you get this, you certainly DID NOT call your hard drive LEOPARD!

so I tried to manually change each kext on the partition with the ones provided by your package, repair permissions , but when i boot on this partition, I get after the spinning wheel the " forbidden cartel" and it verbose mode , i get kernel panic ( darwin i386..)

Need more information. It sounds like you didn't remove the bad Kexts and replace them with the proper ones. A screenshot of the output from a -v boot would be most helpful.

You didn't put the directories 'Guid' and 'Patches' on your desktop, or you are not running the script from /Users/fred/Desktop. One or the other. If you DID put those directories on the desktop then do a 'cd ~/Desktop' and try again.

If you get this, you certainly DID NOT call your hard drive LEOPARD!

Need more information. It sounds like you didn't remove the bad Kexts and replace them with the proper ones. A screenshot of the output from a -v boot would be most helpful.

thanks for your fast reply Coda

I put GUID and kexts on my desktop and that's the reason why I don't understand why it doesn't work !

post-93689-1202309543_thumb.jpg

If you are getting this, and the directories are definitely on your desktop, then the only way this will not work is if you are not in the ~/Desktop directory when you run the shellscript:

in terminal you should see this:

bash# cd /Users/fred/Desktop/
	 bash# pwd
	 /Users/fred/Desktop
	 bash# ./pre-patch.sh
	 ..... does stuff here

And that screenshot is bad. I can barely read the words. Try a tripod on your camera or rest it on something solid and use the 10 second timer.

sorry for the photo, here is what i get with the edited prescript

Last login: Wed Feb 6 16:25:46 on console

fred-mac-pro:~ fred$ /Users/fred/Desktop/pre-patch.sh

Password:

fred-mac-pro:~ fred$

i'll try to take a better picture ( alcohol makes me shake !!!)

sorry for the photo, here is what i get with the edited prescript

Last login: Wed Feb 6 16:25:46 on console

fred-mac-pro:~ fred$ /Users/fred/Desktop/pre-patch.sh

Password:

fred-mac-pro:~ fred$

i'll try to take a better picture ( alcohol makes me shake !!!)

NO NO NO!

fred-mac-pro:~ fred$ /Users/fred/Desktop/pre-patch.sh <--- THIS IS WRONG!

You are running the scripts from /Users/fred.

So of course it cannot see the GUID and other directories because they are RELATIVE to the directory that you are in at the time...

Like I told you before... do a 'cd /Users/fred/Desktop' and THEN run the script.

ok ok ok, anyway by editing it :sudo -s

*password*

cd /Users/XXX/Desktop/pc_efi_v80

./startupfiletool /dev/rdiskXsY ./boot_v8

dd if=./guid/boot1h of=/dev/rdiskXsY bs=512 count=1

*at this point make sure all partitions are unmounted*

dd if=./guid/boot0 of=/dev/diskX bs=400 count=1

i arrive to put pc efi and installing from the dvd ok.

It's the post patch script that gives me problemes, but i will try to apply your advices and change directory ( it's installing from the package right now !

I 'll tell you just after how it went

In all cases thousands thanks from france