LS8v17 # Mac OS X 10.5.7 # GA-P35-DS4 # GA-EP45-DQ6

LS8

1,296 posts in this topic

Yep, i put it to sleep the whole time. Then I had to swamp hd's to go on windows, and shut down worked with no problems at all. Only thing i see is that my sound card in system profiler says there is no soundcard, but I do listen to music, via my 5.1 but only the back speakers work. Also in the Audio Midi setup, i can't check for what speakers I have and such.

I just upgraded to F11 too but restart and shutdown doesn´t work, I don´t know if i have to remove the intelcpumanagement or hpet kext because on boot i see this error "Package 0 didn't get an HPET"

Are your bios settings OK ?

Then remove IntelCPUpowermanagement

post-93689-1201800914_thumb.jpg

Hiya Is8,

great work here... just a quick question re your Gigabytee-Zip-Pack:

it appears that after unzipping, the AppleACPIPlatform and IONetworkingFamily in the KEXT folder are not proper kexts... or am I using an out-of-date-unpacker? Or are these files intended not as kexts but for somewhere else?

thanks,

ninetto

Going semi OT here but have you guys experienced erm any reboot cycles or the bios loosing it's overclocking settings? Apparently it's quite an issue with this board and I've already had it happen a few times. An F12 bios is coming soon which may help.

...AppleACPIPlatform and IONetworkingFamily in the KEXT folder are not proper kexts...

These files are not complete kexts, just parts. The installation script places them to their proper location.

Going semi OT here but have you guys experienced erm any reboot cycles or the bios loosing it's overclocking settings? Apparently it's quite an issue with this board and I've already had it happen a few times. An F12 bios is coming soon which may help.

Yep. But that's a feature and not a bug: Whenever the board "thinks different" than you that your setup is unstable it will fall back to failsafe. Upping the vcore complete did it for me, I hope I will for you.

For some reason that I don't know, my shut down is working perfectly for the past week.

I didn't try shutdown for a while, but not it also seems to work fine, even after wake from sleep. I tried sleep-wake three times in a row, then shut down and it works! I will do further tests tonight, but so far it seems that F11 BIOS fixes the shutdown issue :)

BIOS settings: Sleep mode: S3, Power off: 4s delayed, HPET mode 32bit

I didn't try shutdown for a while, but not it also seems to work fine, even after wake from sleep. I tried sleep-wake three times in a row, then shut down and it works! I will do further tests tonight, but so far it seems that F11 BIOS fixes the shutdown issue :)

BIOS settings: Sleep mode: S3, Power off: 4s delayed, HPET mode 32bit

Hmm I will have to see if there's a F11 for the DS3R then. BTW I read somewhere that HPET should be set to 64bit?

Also, has anyone tried to wake their machine from LAN after putting to sleep from Leopard? I did and I can't get it to work, it has to be a power button press. BUT - if I sleep it from windows XP then I CAN wake it up from the other Mac with WakeOnLAN...

Hello,

I have read the entire topic but I'm not sure anymore how to fix the problems I have for the moment.

I have a P35-DS4 Rev 1.1 and installed using ToH RC2 10.5.0 disk, after that applied EFI v5 patch and updated to vanilla kernel because I did a software update to 10.5.1.

My current problems:

- Shutdown not working

- Sleep semi-working: shuts down and does not wake up when pressing keyboard. When pressing power butten, restores previous OS X session

- Reboot is working after I took the KALYWAY acpi kext. Two previous problems persist.

- Graphic card (GF 8600GT) working with NVInject.

- So far no networking problems found?

- No audio yet (did not work on this one).

I would say I need all the kexts in your v4 package, except the NVinject and RealtekR1000 because I have issues with this.

Would this fix my problems? Would I still have the shutdown issue? Please provide me your opinions -_-

I recommend installation from Retail unpatched Leopard DVD, then use kexts from post #1. I did not test these kexts for any other install disk (Brazilmac, TOH, iAtkos, Kalyway).

that's a bummer, I don't have a retail disk for the moment...

I'm going to try with the existing install, since, as I understood well, ToH just modified the kernel and I updated to Vanilla, it looks to me it should work?

If not, I don't have a Mac/Spare disk to format the drive as mentionned in your tutorial. Can i do this in single mode or during the setup of ToH?

that's a bummer, I don't have a retail disk for the moment...

I'm going to try with the existing install, since, as I understood well, ToH just modified the kernel and I updated to Vanilla, it looks to me it should work?

If not, I don't have a Mac/Spare disk to format the drive as mentionned in your tutorial. Can i do this in single mode or during the setup of ToH?

Don'y know TOH but from the Kalyway or Retail disk when the installer loads, you can go to the menu and select Disk Utility. I don't see why this shouldn't be possible on ANY patched retail disk (which is what Brazil and TOH and Kalyway are).

If I boot the ToH disk and repartition with Disk Utility, will he create GUID partitions instead of MBR? As far as I remember, it creates an MBR partition or am I wrong?

I have a geforce 8600 and in the V4 package I find "pc_efi_v80\pc_efi_6_bootloaders\boot_gf8600

How should this be used? replace the EFI_V8 with this one?

Tnx!

If I boot the ToH disk and repartition with Disk Utility, will he create GUID partitions instead of MBR? As far as I remember, it creates an MBR partition or am I wrong?

If it is Disk Utility, then you have the choice. When partitioning the disk go to Options and select GUID.