LS8v17 # Mac OS X 10.5.7 # GA-P35-DS4 # GA-EP45-DQ6

LS8

1,296 posts in this topic

After I switched from NVInject to GFX EFI string, shutdown worked for me a few times. I thought problem is solved. But shutdown works only ocassionally, appox. in 50%.Maybe, but I think people with rev.1.0 reported sleep works on rev.1.0

I have rev 2.0 Sleep and Start up works perfectly.

Im on F7 atm and i would like to upgrade to F11. How do i find out what rev my p35-ds4 mobo is?

Open the case and look at the MoBo. Revision is printed in the bottom-left corner, near the SPDIF_IN port.

post-85063-1200050980.jpg

Open the case and look at the MoBo. Revision is printed in the bottom-left corner, near the SPDIF_IN port.

Awesome man. I got rev 2.0.

But Im having a problem with the install. I ran the pre-patch.sh from another intel machine and that went fine, installed from retail DVD, and then ran the post-patch.sh (changed LEOPARD to LEOPARD_SRV; LEOPARD_SRV is the name of the partition Im installing to). I didnt unmount LEOPARD_SRV when i ran the post-patch.sh. And when it got to the RTL1xxx_1.02.pkg, I couldnt choose the LEOAPRD_SRV partition (it said that i needed to me on the partition that im installing from). So, Im not sure if the post-patch.sh even worked.

When I try to boot, it gives the the apple logo, with the spinning circle and a black/white stop sign. What could be going wrong? Should I have ejected the disk that had the LEOPARD_SRV on it and then ran the post-patch.sh?

Awesome man. I got rev 2.0.

But Im having a problem with the install. I ran the pre-patch.sh from another intel machine and that went fine, installed from retail DVD, and then ran the post-patch.sh (changed LEOPARD to LEOPARD_SRV; LEOPARD_SRV is the name of the partition Im installing to). I didnt unmount LEOPARD_SRV when i ran the post-patch.sh. And when it got to the RTL1xxx_1.02.pkg, I couldnt choose the LEOAPRD_SRV partition (it said that i needed to me on the partition that im installing from). So, Im not sure if the post-patch.sh even worked.

When I try to boot, it gives the the apple logo, with the spinning circle and a black/white stop sign. What could be going wrong? Should I have ejected the disk that had the LEOPARD_SRV on it and then ran the post-patch.sh?

NO worry I have rev 2.0 Everything works check out my guide in signature

If you use RLT1xxx After wake up from sleep internet wont work.

Try Booting with F8 than -x -v you will see the error if any

NO worry I have rev 2.0 Everything works check out my guide in signature

If you use RLT1xxx After wake up from sleep internet wont work.

Try Booting with F8 than -x -v you will see the error if any

I ran -x -v at boot and it seems to hang with the error message "Package 0 didn't get an HPET". It keeps repeating that message. After deleting AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and extension.kext (tried it by only deleting AppleIntelCPU.....same result), the system hangs with this line:

"localhost mDNSResponder[25]: Couldn't read user-specific local hostname; using default bMacintosh-001A4D5837EE.localb instead"

EDIT: when i go into DiskUtility from my other disk(Kalyway), then the disk permission repair buttons are greyed out. When i attach the drive to my G4 via USB, and try to repair, it says that "no valid packages".

Could the problem be with the F7 BIOS?

...the disk permission repair buttons are greyed out. When i attach the drive to my G4 via USB, and try to repair, it says that "no valid packages"...
Do you have owners enabled on that volume?
Is it in the zip file in your first post?
Yes, the JMicronATA.kext driver is in the ZIP.

post-85063-1200085528_thumb.png

Hi, Is8,

Thank you for this wonderful guide. After struggling with Intel BadAxe2 for a week trying to install Retail DVD + EFI-V8, I exchanged the board for GA-P35-DS4 and applied your pre and post-patch via my Macbook Pro. And now I have a clean retail Leopard running on my new hackintosh with 8GB of RAM. Thanks again for your work.

I just had a couple more questions. My About this Mac still shows 2.4Ghz Unknown. How did you get your Leopard to recognize the speed and the processor?

By default, I have NVinject 1.5 on my system. My XFX 7600GT works fine, but when it wakes up from sleep, screen is all garbled up (just like with my previous Bad Axe), so i assume this is the issue with the card. Will the gfx-string fix this? If I apply the fix, should i remove NVinject?

If I get this sorted out, and get my sound working, I will be one happy camper. I already am, but will be happier? Let me know if you can steer me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Theo

Alright, I got it working now.

The only problem i have when running the post-patch.sh is that i am not able to install RTL1xxx_1.02.pkg because i cannot choose the partition that i need to install to. My ethernet still works when RTL1xxx_1.02.pkg is not installed. Is it recommend it that i install it for better compatibility?

Also, my e6850 (3ghz) shows up as 2.67ghz in the "About this mac" pane. Any fix for this yet?

Thanks for everyones help.

P.S. The problem was that i hadnt enabled owners on the external drive before the install.

...About this Mac still shows 2.4Ghz Unknown....
You need patched AppleSMBIOS.kext and delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. Download in post #1.
...I have NVinject 1.5...My XFX 7600GT works fine...when it wakes up from sleep, screen is all garbled up ...Will the gfx-string fix this?...should i remove NVinject?...
Yes, GFX-string should solve your problem. You have to remove NVInject.
...If I get...sound working, I will be one happy...
You need patched ALCinject.kext and AppleHDA.kext. So far only 2CH output works. Download in post #1.
...ethernet still works when RTL1xxx_1.02.pkg is not installed. Is it recommend it that i install it for better compatibility?...
No. I have removed the Realtek driver from latest version of the kext pack, it has multiple bugs.

Is there any difference in hardware support between the different revisions of this mobo? I want to get a 45 nm cpu next month and want GB ethernet and Audio to work on it.

AFAIK there is no OSX86 driver for the onboard ICH9R HW SATA RAID. But you can always use software RAID.

AFAIK there is no HW RAID supported by the ICH9R under any circumstance. It just preps the disks and volumes for software RAID and flags the disks as software RAID to OSs (hence why it needs a special driver in windows and Linux so it can detect the flag passed to it by BIOS at boot and get it correctly mounted during the boot loader's execution). OS X doesn't support this since its an old BIOS based function and OS X uses EFI and has a nice RAID utility from install on.

Seriously, use PC EFI, GUID partitions, and use the OS X disk utility to try the software RAID. It either works or it doesn't, but its still superior to the BIOS RAID method.

Its possible to get shutdown working with the mach_sleep kernel from ToH. But when the kernel gets overwritten via software update, reboot will not function and you will need to boot and replace it again with mach_sleep. Doesnt matter what BIOS you are using. I got this info from Dense on IRC. Please post if you have tried this.

I have already tried mach_sleep kernel from irc.osx86.hu, it doesn't help with shutdown.

Hmm, Dense mentioned that he was using the F4 BIOS, but that shouldnt have anything to do with it. But he did have it working. I'll try to get more details next time I see him.