iATKOS and OSx86 (FAQ)

SMCentral

231 posts in this topic

i have windows....

so it's not suppose to be corrupted?

i get this when unzipping

c:\transfer\iATKOS v1.0i\iATKOS_v1.0.iso.zip:unexpected end of archive

what do i do?

Apparently, using WinRar ver. 3.71 to unzip solves the problem (I unzipped on Tiger without problem).

For those with A P5WDH-Deluxe.. i can tell you that this release does work.. (will lots of fiddling).

After a whole day of solid troubleshotting.

The ISO couldn't be burnt sucesfully by Nero 7.7 .. had to use toast

Repeat.. Do NOT over install.. only install want you need.. all you end up with problems...

Sound output works, Native EFI. and vanilla kernel works. One lan port works.. the in built wireless doesn't.. had to use AHCI mode.. and you set the bios up correctly for (see the P5WDH thread)..

7900GT (MSI 256mb) works perfrectly with NV inject only (supplied) and drives a 30" Dell monitor at 2560x1600 nicely..

THe Customised Iatkos system about {censored}.. is a real ugly.. (prorably a reason not to use this release)..

Despite tirng multiple wireless cards and kexts.. Icannot get an Asus broadcom PCI card or a Netgrear 311 v1 (both work under tiger) going under leopard. A real nuiasance.. because I need wireless suport. AFter wrecking the leopard installation.. trying to get wireless going.. I've giving up.. I''l wait until the drivers are more mature..

This was a hell of a lot more complicated that the Jas 10.4.8 releases

I did have it all going nicely except for the wireless..

hi,

wheres that P5WDH treat???

Thanks in advance

I have a kernel panic during boot from dvd

this is du to the AppleIntel8254x.kext

What can i do ?

Can i remove it from .mkext of the dvd?

or coul'd someone send me a .mkext without AppleIntel8254x.kext

My PC: Acer travelmate 8204wlmi

Mobile DualCore Intel Core Duo T2500

Intel® PRO/1000 PM Network Connection

hello everyone,

iatkos doesn't work for me at all. on darwin boot i got this error:

hdiutil: unmount: "s1" failed to unmount due to error 2

hdiutil: unmount failed - no such file or directory

dd: s1: read-only file system

i have 2 partitions made with tiger diskutil. the disk is mbr. both partitions are hfs.

after successful install i can't reboot without dvd (i understand this is due to the darwin-boot error) and i get the message about restarting computer and panic message: panic (cpu0 caller 0x00403454)

"error loadning kernel kmod list....

it doesn't matter if i choose efi or speedstep the result is always the same with panic and something with IOStartIOKit.cpp.

my specs are: core2duo, asrock conroe 865pe, nvidia 7900 gs on agp. it did work on tiger, once i even got it run under toh leopard but total failure on iatkos.

any help?

regards

Oh.. I can also add..

Although I had it succesfully going on a P5WDH deluxe board..

I initially tried a gigbyte P35-DS3P version 1.0.. with a sata DVD burner.. It failed miserably complaing of source DVD errors.. although I tried multiple DVDs.. (the same onesI tried which worked on the p5wdh)

I really struggled trying to burn the iso..

I've got about 6 DVD coasters here.. Burned with nero okay .. but verification would alreadys fial at roughly the same point on multiple mahcines.. and multiple burners and multiple types of media... had to transfer teh iso to a tiger machine and then bruned with toast succesfully.. I hope this helps...

The iSO is also larger than 2.0gig.. making it imposslbe to burn to an iso9660 dvd and not possible to put on a fat32 partition...

What to do when the Computer just restart after start install.

Well, i put and IDE harddisk on my P5N-E SLi. Put the DVD (double checked the hash it's everything OK). It Cames with a screen to setup iATAKOS - i press enter.

It shows 2 lines running ... then a fast screen (grey one with the apple logo ) after that the computer restart. And do this again, again and again. Even if i try to use -v on setup, -x, or anyother command on the help list.

ARGHHHHHHHHH 4 days downloading ... and nothing ... not even a Go to hell screen :angel:

Asus P5N-E SLI - Core2Duo 6600 @ 3.2 GHz - Chipset NForce 650i

2 GB RAM - DDR2 PC6400 OCZ 15-5-5-5 @ 867 MHz

1 HD 500 Gb ( WinXP SP2 ) Samsung SATA II

1 HD 80 Gb Seagate ( With Ubuntu 7.10 64Bits ) SATA

1 HD 20 Gb Quantum (IDE)

1 DVDRW Samsung SH182-D PATA.

1 GF 8600GTX 256 SuperClocked

hello everyone,

iatkos doesn't work for me at all. on darwin boot i got this error:

hdiutil: unmount: "s1" failed to unmount due to error 2

hdiutil: unmount failed - no such file or directory

dd: s1: read-only file system

i have 2 partitions made with tiger diskutil. the disk is mbr. both partitions are hfs.

after successful install i can't reboot without dvd (i understand this is due to the darwin-boot error) and i get the message about restarting computer and panic message: panic (cpu0 caller 0x00403454)

"error loadning kernel kmod list....

it doesn't matter if i choose efi or speedstep the result is always the same with panic and something with IOStartIOKit.cpp.

my specs are: core2duo, asrock conroe 865pe, nvidia 7900 gs on agp. it did work on tiger, once i even got it run under toh leopard but total failure on iatkos.

any help?

regards

Took me 3 hours to figure this one out

If yours is Disk0s1, try 1 and 1, not 0 and 1.

I have recently downloaded, burnt and installed the iATKOS 1.0i DVD. It worked perfectly except a couple things. First time I tried loading the disc I would get a circle with a cross through it. I was later told that it meant "Still waiting for root device." I fixed this by going into my Motherboards BIOS. Set my Second Hard drive (Leopard installed here) from SATA to AHCI. I installed quickly and made an account, everything basically worked.

Problem 1: I wanted to boot Leopard without the disc and not always using Darwin and typing "rd=disk01s"

So i downloaded the "gparted-livecd-0.3.4-11.iso" and burned it. I loaded the disc and entered the Gparted Partition Manager (or whatever it's called). Looked at my second drive and right clicked it and chose Flag. I checked in Boot, since I read something saying I needed Boot Flag. I restarted and tried entering Mac via the disc. I got the "Still waiting for root device." This was weird since I still had my HDD set at AHCI. So I went into my BIOS and chose IDE. (BTW if you can tell me the advantages or disadvantages of AHCI or IDE which is faster and so on ;) ) It still didn't work in IDE. So I used the Gparted Live CD again and turned off unchecked "Boot" under the flags menu.i Tried it again. Still nothing. How would I get it to load once again and how can I dual Boot my system? I got Vista on my 1st disc and 2nd disc has iATKOS. I heard something about the Darwin Bootloader which should be installed. Help?

Problem 2: Before Problem 1 occured, I was playing with Leopard. I noticed that in the when I tried changing the resolution, there was only 1. It certainly looks hideous. I have downloaded both "Latest_NVinject_0.1.7-Leo" and "G80Installer". Do I need both. My GFX card is the 8800GTS 320MB.

Problem 3: Worst of all. My internet doesn't work on Leopard. How can I set it up. Very lost here.

Thanks a lot for the support. Just seeing that Mac Logo on a PC made me shriek like a little girl. I love the OSX86 project and InsanelyMac. Thanks to Uphuck for a wonderful release. I will be checking this thread every couple minutes (really want to get these problems sorted)

Would anyone be able to help me out? I installed it, but get the blinking cursor...I tried the suggestions (Gparted Boot Flag), and the drive is formatted with MBR. I do not know what is wrong...please, some help would be greatly appreciated!I have a Compaq C714NR - 1.46 GHz Dual Core, 1GB RAM, 120GB HD. I am not dual-booting, the whole disk is for Leopard. There has been atleast one confirmed install on the same system...surely, I must be doing something wrong? It seems to me that the HD got permanently unmoutned, if that even makes sense...I just don't know. Thanks a lot guys :)NVM, I got it ;)

realfolk, the AppleSMBIOS.kext is actually incorrectly reporting the CPU. Be assured that both cores are being utilised :(

There's no evidence of this. The resources I have checked all indicate that 'cpus=1' does in fact disable one core. I have to use it also on my Dell laptop. This is an old problem that seems to be eluding everyone.

I did all my formating in Apple's "Disk Utility", I used HFS+ (Mac OS Extended) Journaled. I only used Gparted Live to set the "boot" flag.

"Options" is a button on the "Partition" panel of "Disk Utility" as shown here:

options4vx7.jpg

No, that is it.

For the life of me, I don't understand why I don't have that option when I go into "Disk Utilities" on the iATKOS dvd. Am I missing something? BTW, my system info is as follow:

Pentium 4 (sse2)

Asus P5AD2-premium mobo

One single IDE HD connected to DVD-ROM drive (1 cable)

The HD is a 120 gig split evenly, with Vista pre-installed on partition 1, and I'm trying to install iATKOS (Leopard) onto partition 2. After successful install, computer reboots into a grey screen with the round timer spinning for a few seconds then it freezes there. What could be the problem with this scenario???

HELP.... :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( !!!!!

Just got Iatkos v1.0i going on the Ga945gcmx-s2

Very messy

the GPARTED disk.. does not work with this motherboard with onboard video

Had to install a videocard to get GPARTED working.. then remove it...

Used the realtek driver from here for gigabit lan (yeah...) previously 10/100 only...

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=29436

QUOTE(Alpor @ Dec 5 2007, 10:09 AM)

Realtek RTL8111B/RTL8168B/RTL8111/RTL8168/RTL8111C

official driver for Mac OS X (Intel):

ftp://210.51.181.211/cn/nic/RTGMac_v1.1.6.zip

ftp://202.65.194.212/cn/nic/RTGMac_v1.1.6.zip

ftp://61.56.86.122/cn/nic/RTGMac_v1.1.6.zip

You also may find these links on Realtek site.

Native kernel and EFI install..

Sound outpu works..

Some problems rebooting..

WGR311 works.. manually fixed

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=40317

Acutally now works perfectly with WPA

using

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=519657

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=287826

spoke to soon.. major issues with the wgr311 wirless card

Sleep doenst work...

Hi I got leo working by turning off a core with cpus=1

How do i get both cores working? it's kinda dumb to have to use only half my computers power.

A fix is coming,

People that say they are having turning on and off problems, a fix is coming out today!

the PPF..go on the uphuck irc for more info