iATKOS and OSx86 (FAQ)

SMCentral

231 posts in this topic

Answers:1. Yes- your XP partition is accessable within the Darwin Bootloader, just press F8 before darwin loads...2. Vanilla basically means all legi files, with iATKOS you can install official updates (if you have installed efi)A release cannot support ALL sata drives however it can support a high amount of the sata drives.No, currently iATKOS supports MBR. You don't need to dedicate an whole harddrive for iATKOS, you can dualboot.

hi everyone. first post after lurking for some time figuring out some stuff.

i'm going to make a dual boot system (with compatable hardware) using xp and iATKOS.

i just want to clarify how to go about all this with the darwin bootloader. i was going to use one 320gb drive and partition accordingly for the os's.

1) if i install xp on the first partition and osx iatkos on the second, will darwin detect xp in the bootloader screen?

2) same question, but with each os on their own hard drive (ide)?

3) with pc efi, will we be able to use boot camp or parallels?

i just want to have a clear idea before jumping in and there's no real complete guide showing how iatkos works out (since no one seems to have it). i won't have the chance to install and tweak until probably xmas day, please detail your experience for us inexperienced kids.

Just to point out a couple of things about the original post, the Vanilla install whereby you can use Apple software Update to update only works on Core based systems. Second ToH isn't "some guy" but Team of Hackintosh. Nice FAQ though.

Yeah, I don't know a lot about ToH...!

1- Make sure that the md5 of the iso image that you downloaded matches the one posted on our website. Otherwise you have a faulty DVD. Use quality media/burner and burn slowly.

I can't believe that urban myth is still doing the rounds. It may have been true in the days of x1-4 drives (mostly due to buffer overruns on slow systems), nowadays the dyes are designed for high speed burning - slowing the speed can increase the surface temperature past optimal, resulting in failed or sub-par burns.

One observation about the HCL posted in osx86 project wiki.

Intel x3100 integrated graphics is "not working". MacBooks come with this, so how come?

Can someone confirm/deny a laptop with GM965 chipset plus X3100 graphics will work with iATKOS without any external kext?

Bu yazdigimi anliyorsan...uphuck ve osx86.turk ekibi: cok tesekkurler. Bir hayal gercek oldu, plain vanilla PC uzerinde dunyanin en guzel kullanici isletim sistemi. Supersiniz!

One observation about the HCL posted in osx86 project wiki.

Intel x3100 integrated graphics is "not working". MacBooks come with this, so how come?

Can someone confirm/deny a laptop with GM965 chipset plus X3100 graphics will work with iATKOS without any external kext?

Bu yazdigimi anliyorsan...uphuck ve osx86.turk ekibi: cok tesekkurler. Bir hayal gercek oldu, plain vanilla PC uzerinde dunyanin en guzel kullanici isletim sistemi. Supersiniz!

Yes. G965 is workin on iatkos.

I'm in the same boat as some other people here...

A step by step how to would be appreciated for those of us who want to dual boot, but already have XP installed...

should i make a tutorial with a video?

should i make a tutorial with a video?

a tutorial would be nice. just more detail on the install process would be nice is all. i'm sure more will come out once people actually have the install disk.

video isn't all too needed, i think everyone just wants more information since we have mostly nothing. any help is appreciated.

Sorry guys, As of this time, this topic is no longer supported by me. You'll have to post your own topics for help. Not here.Could a member of staff close this topic, I QUIT!

Because Leo REALLY sucks! (Its not installing on my sys)

is there a east method for AMD yet... or is there anything i can do to make the iatkos work with AMD work
I've tried, if your dumbass reads this dip{censored} topic, {censored} face may find a {censored} answer to that {censored}ed up question - {censored} this, i've answered the {censored} same {censored} day in {censored} day out...Just {censored} quit, CarbonR just forget about your life, you've {censored} failed. You've failed your worthless life...Just quit.I did, I quit a while back, Join us!

//Oh wait, sorry we don't accept dumbass {censored}s that can't read! :):angel: So just {censored} off, Dumb ass peice of {censored} {censored} face!

Am I losing it? :blink:

{censored} THIS!

P.S. No ofference, but please read the FAQ, I mean, its not hard or is it?

P.P.S. Hope no one hates me! Let me calm down.

Hi I installed iATKOS and it installed perfectly (it took me only 15 min!!!) everything work except the wireless and the sound input (output work great), My installation was with EFI emulation boot using stock kernel and stock ACPIPlatform kernel extension with EFI emulation, dose this mean I can install future updates from Apple, is these are the Vanilla ones? Thank you

Empra

I think you are supposed to install the bootloader (by running the "Darwin Boot" script") before you "customize and install".

I did that, and it's not recognizing that I installed iATKOS. I had XP installed first, then I installed this on the second partition, installing the Darwin Boot on the second partition with Leopard, and when it restarts after it finishes installing it just goes to the CD again, even though HD is above CD in boot order. When I pull the CD, it boots right to Windows. Can anyone help? Do I need to use chain0?

I did that, and it's not recognizing that I installed iATKOS. I had XP installed first, then I installed this on the second partition, installing the Darwin Boot on the second partition with Leopard, and when it restarts after it finishes installing it just goes to the CD again, even though HD is above CD in boot order. When I pull the CD, it boots right to Windows. Can anyone help? Do I need to use chain0?

It sounds like you need to use something like GRUB to select the partition you wish to boot from.

I think you are supposed to install the bootloader (by running the "Darwin Boot" script") before you "customize and install".

I ran the Darwin Boot script before i customised, installed.

I also tried G Part Live to flag partition as bootable.

After "Verifying DMI data pool, i get a "_" cursor, flashing repeatedly.

Hi I installed iATKOS and it installed perfectly (it took me only 15 min!!!) everything work except the wireless and the sound input (output work great), My installation was with EFI emulation boot using stock kernel and stock ACPIPlatform kernel extension with EFI emulation, dose this mean I can install future updates from Apple, is these are the Vanilla ones? Thank you

Empra

Hi, can you elaborate further on your wireless? Is it detected? My wireless detected as airport but always turned off and i'm not able to turn on. During install i selected IO80211family 10.4.5 (this is what i used in previous installs of mac.nub 10.4.10 to get wireless working)

Hi, can you elaborate further on your wireless? Is it detected? My wireless detected as airport but always turned off and i'm not able to turn on. During install i selected IO80211family 10.4.5 (this is what i used in previous installs of mac.nub 10.4.10 to get wireless working)

I have intel b/g/a wireless and there is no driver for that anywhere yet, it is not detected, I use a USB stick wireless adapter when I use the Mac OS. I hope the help

Empra

I, I recently got a copy of iATKOS 1.0i and this is my first time actually getting something to work. I burned the ISO at 4x on a DVD-R. I restarted my PC and held down ESC (for my motherboard) to load from disc. I got the apple icon and the loading cursor. After a few seconds to about a minute, I see a little circle with a cross sign going through it. Nothing happens beyond that point. Please verify what is wrong. I have tried multiple installation methods for Leopard (ToH, Flat Image, Brazil Mac Patch....) and I am getting very sick and tired of failing. This could be the awesome Christmas present for a buddy of mine if I could just get it to work. Please support me. Thanks a lot.

Badie, that sign with a cross is a "still waiting for root device" error. Means it cant find your drive. Try changing in you Bios from IDE to Raid/ATA or ACHI under drive options. Im not sure wat bios you have but you should have more than one option under that.

Okay, I tried the chain0 thing, and I can get it too boot into iATKOS; it gets to the white screen with the Apple logo and the spinning circle underneath, but every time the circle stops spinning and it just locks up. I'm running a Core2 Pro, and I've tried both the EFI and non-EFI installs. With a Core2 Pro, which options should I be selecting?

hey i tryed installing this. I did all the steps

clean hd with disk utility

install efi bootloader

then installed os with vanallia stuff

after that i got a flashing cursor so i got out ubuntu and set the hd to boot flag

now it starts to boot but then simply reboots over and over again

any ideas?