iATKOS and OSx86 (FAQ)

SMCentral

231 posts in this topic

can iATKOS v1.0i be able to install on the DELL XPS M1730 notebook?

the notebook have nvidia GeForce 8700m video card on it, and the CPU is intel core 2 duo T9300 2.5GHZ.

i really want to try iATKOS,can some1 help me out? thanks! :(:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have installed iATKOS on my new Toshiba A200-21T (Penryn CPU) and it is now asking me to reboot by pressing the power button. When I press that button the laptop shuts down. How can I solve this problem? Without this reboot the installation won't finalize.

Thanks!!!

• 3 weeks later...
1- I get a blinking Cursor after Installation:

--> Your partition that OSX is instaled is not active and containing no Boot Flag.

~ Use Gparted Live cd and by using harddrive manager set "Boot Flag" to the OSX partition.

I'm using a 40GB HD from my PS3 that I no longer needed, so it was formatted to GUID Partition and I installed Leopard just fine and now I'm at the blinking cursor.

I have the GParted Live CD in my notebook but I have no idea what to do to get to harddrive manager and how to set the Boot Flag. It'd be nice if someone would actually help this time. I got to this GUI-looking thing and saw my Mac OS X install, but it was in a shade of red and had a yellow triangle next to it. But, I went to "Set Flags" or something and checked "Boot" then saved and exited, yet I still get the bliking cursor. What did I do wrong, or at least what am I supposed to do?

• 4 weeks later...

i have installed iatkos1.0R2 10.5.2 (used kalyway) on a presario c751nr notebook, dual core, i check software update and there are things there, is it safe to install them?, i see Mac 10.5.2 update (i know i dont need it), quicktime update, etc etc, they require reboot. help is appreciated guys! thanks

• 2 weeks later...

am i doing something wrong?

I'm trying to install iATKOS 2.0i

on my external harddrive.

So basically, I used gparted to reformat my drive into FAT32 (diskable: msdos or whatever the default setting is).

Then after popping in the iATKOS 2.0i DVD, in the disk utility app I selected my external harddrive > partition tab > set the volume scheme to 1 partition > format to Mac OS Extended (Journaled) > apply. I waited till everything was done and then I selected the new partition > erase tab > and apply.

Then I went on to install Mac without selecting any additional options from the DVD (so I left it to the default set up) and then in the end I was asked to restart which i did, however after restart nothing happens. I'm left with a blank screen with a flashing text cursor. I made sure in bios that my external hdd is set to boot first.

Otherwise if i unplug external hdd and reboot i can login normally again into my windows/ubunut grub.

please help me, greatly appreciated!

I have issue install the iATKOS at my T61 or my office laptop HP6910.

Hmm,,the issue is after sucessful restart installation which I select all driver and reboot then

i can see my hard drive option hdd(0,1)Leo

then I click enter but it prompt me to boot:

no matter what I key in like etc -s,-t,cpu=1 and Enter it will still prompt back the same screen.

Any idea what what the problem?Thanks

What is so special about iATKOS?

Well, it is one of the first FULLY patched Leopard v10.5.1 releases. It is also known to have a preinstalled complied efi which means that you can install legit Apple Updates without downloading any patches or 3rd party software and also you can stop worrying about reboots hanging on the "Loading Darwin" screen. It is known as a "White Box" install, this basically means that all you have to do is create a partition, format the partition and away you go without any other edits to your system configs and files. It is said to be a "fool proof" install, this means that you should not be running into any errors.

Does this also apply to iATKOS 2.0i re-release by BS?

So basically if I were to install it in its default state without ticking off any additional drivers or tweaks (from DVD) I would be bale to download the 10.5.3 Combo update directly through apples built in update feature?

I would also like to know how would I test system stability and especially if the graphics card is working at its best performance.

thx in advance!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
PPC is PowerPC files...(I'm not quite sure, can someone give more information about this?)

Macs used to run on powerPC processors before they switched to intel. And Leopard needs a whole other set of codes to run on an older PowerPC mac, so that's what the powerpc files are for.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, this is my first post here... I hope somebody can help me

I've been trying to install iATKOS on my laptop (Toshiba Qosmio G40) and I cannot seem to make it work. When I open Disk Utility in the installation, there are no disks to choose. I've got 80gb of unnallocated space, made the primary partition using diskpart, made it active etc etc etc, and I know I made it correctly, so I don't understand what's happening here.

Older Toshiba laptops are on the compatibility list, so I asume that's not the problem!

Please, any help would be really appreciated!

And excuse my english if it's too poor, I hope it's at least understandable =)

• 3 months later...

Okay, I'm a noob and a git, but I have been at this for a month before I got the guts to ask for help.

I'm to the point of walking into my closet and shooting myself, I have a Dell 1318 with a Intel 965 chipset, 4 gb ram and an Intel Pentium dual core processor. I can boot into safe mode but not normally. I have an idea it has something to do with the VGA graphics but not certain. I installed iAtkos v 1.0i (mainly because every other version I have d-loaded wont even boot) I have written more code trying to patch this and that in the past month that if I was still in the Marine Corp I'd have been promoted to SgtMaj. If I boot regularly with (-v) it goes to the point of Loading windows and hangs. If i boot without the (-v) the Apple screen displays and runs for about 15 seconds and hangs. Any ideas wtf I am doing wrong? (pretty sure its a simple fix because most problems are a "DUH!" solution)

i installed iatkos v10.i onto my ipod video hdd i did the darwin boot before installation it said process completed the hdd was already mac os x journalled so i didn't need to so i didnt need to format it i finished the installation without any errors then i restarted at pressed f12 to boot from my ipod videos hdd it said no boot sector so i assume i did something wrong during the darwin boot process

i m trying to install iATKOS v1.0i on a core2duo machine... i have six partitions on my hard disk.......the last was converter to mac journaled using Disk Utility.then i started Darwin Boot .... selected 1 for hard disk and 6 for partion number ..but error occured saying unable to mount error 02 ....... i ignored the error and installed mac....installation successfully completed but system gave msg on reboot ...... NO OPERATING SYSTEM FOUND.... HELP..

PLEASE help on how to use Darwin Boot......

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

how can i get my 8800gt to work on the iatkos v1.0i 1.5.1, i cant find anywhere a solution, and if i need efi v8 or later or chameleon, can u give me a download link and a installation guide please! thanks everybody. I want to get it to work so i can change my resolution, i can only use 1024 x 768 and its freaking annoying. I should be able to use 1440 x 900. Ok thanks please reply!

plzz i need a help from sm 1 to burn my iatkos iso file onto dvd.

i downloaded iatkos v1.0i (size 2.09 gb) and even checked its md5

checksum jus to make sure that its not a fake one.i used these burning

software lyk nero. magiciso and img burn.but aftr burning the iso

file i can see only 542 kb content in my dad. i might have wasted til nw

3 dvd's and nw its really driving me insane.plz can any tell me in detail

how to burn iso/hfs + file system as im desperate to install .thanks

in advance

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok so I installed iatkos v1 had a problem with the welcome

screen where it had me in a loop but I overcame it. Now my

problem is when I run osx normally I would sometimes get to

me in different languages to restart or shutdown my computer.

When in run it in safe mode using -x at countdown it runs normally

but normal boot up I get that problem, does anyone know how to

fix it? And I know there is iatikos v7 out is that any good

does it have issues or no?