iATKOS and OSx86 (FAQ)

SMCentral

231 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
I have an X3100 on my sony vaio NR10E/S but i think there is a problem with it because i got a blackscreen just after the apple logo. Can you tell me what you have choose on the personnalise menu before install ?

Thanks.

I used an external monitor as extended desktop. then use switchresx to set custom resolution at 1280x800.

I got sound and wired ethernet working also.

@SMCentral

I installed the iATKOS Leopard with perfectly working, thx very much m8 :D:P.

But i had some issued about my video card X300, can u fix it that makes x300 can enable QE/CI?? also GMA 950, after update from the official apple.com, the artifact from the mouse is gone, but i've got trouble about changing the resolution.

I hope u can fix that, for the x300 and 950 users community

iATKOS also worked [almost] flawlessly for my system - C2D + ASUS P5B + GF 7900GS.

The only problem I have is that sleep doesn't work - the computer goes to sleep but doesn't wake up.

Can anyone recommend me any solution? Are there any kexts that need to be present in order for sleep to work? I'm using NVInjekt 0.2.1

Thanks in advance!

Mmm...

iAtkos has a full compatibility with Guid (GPT) partitions, I installed iatkos in my Guid hard disk without any problems. The only condition is Efi_v8

Here is the way (But in Spanish):

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=83850

:)

Exactly that is what i was wondering about the facts in the first post. I have installed iATKOS on EFI_v8 (Netkas) and it works perfect. No need to use pc_efi from Darwin Bootloader installation. Boot from DVD and Format, partition, install EFI_v8 using a USB drive (after installation, boot without CD and see if you get system config file plist not found error; if you get it you are all set), boot again into your DVD and install iATKOS (I suggest many here who get blue or black screen, to NOT select ATIinject. After almost 5 days of painstaking work, I figured that caused all the problem).

You can download the 1.0i -> 1.0ir2 patch from http://zula.info/uphuck/iATKOS_1.0i_to_1.0ir2.zip

PPFPatcher: http://www.megagames.com/console/files/ppfpatcher20.sit

Fixes:

- fixes constant reboot of the DVD

- adds SSE2 support

- extended Jmicron support

- extended x3100 support

- auto Darwin - no more need to run Darwin_boot

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I have the following

D945GNTLKR mobo

Pentium 4 641 cpu

250 gig HD on SATA

I ran the HD setup disk - Format & Make Bootable HD for Leopard.iso

I then installed iATKOS_v1.0i with only the VGA>Intel driver

The system boots but goes to grey screen with the apple logo

Little circle thing at bottom stops moving - system hangs

What do I need to do to fix?

Update - I did the -v thing at boot and the following is where it hung first

Error: Firewire unable to determine security mode; defaulting to full secure

So I went into BIOS and turned firewire off then then the boot up hung at

Jettisoning kernel linker

I'm having no luck with iATKOS 1.0ir2 on a Dell e1705 to an external USB drive. Verified that the MD5 checkum is correct, burned it with Nero at a slow speed. What I'm trying is a direct installation to an external USB drive with the internal SATA drive removed from the system to avoid accidentally wiping it. It boots and allows the utility options to run. I had to create a FAT32 partition on the USB drive and erase it with Jas 10.4.8 or BrazilMac, since iATKOS reports failures when I try to do this. Once the partition is seen as OSX Extended, the iATKOS DVD allows the install options to be selected, and starts the installation. But no matter which combination is selected (EFI, Darwin, or no boot loader), the installation only runs for about five minutes and then times out with error messages "Installer failed to extract files from intel.package.1" or "Installer failed to write some files to folder ..." ... "Please restart your computer and try again."

The BrazilMac (Patched) 10.5 DVD installed on this system with no problems. Anyone know why the USB drive just times out with iATKOS?

Hi...

I have mobo Intel D946GZis, CPU Core 2 Duo 6420, ídeo NVidia Geforce 6500, HD PATA 80Gb Samsung, DVD LG GSA-H22N and 2Mb DDR2 Ram. I´ve download iAtkos 10.5.1 and 10.5.1 r2, but after instalation I don´t have boot on my HD. I need boot from DVD and so using my HD. All the dvd instalation repeat the same problem, only with 1.4.9 Uphuck I have success. What happens, and how do I do to start by HD? Someone could help me, please?

Tanks

Schifino

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there, I am guessing that it is going to be in English and Turkish however there is a chance for other languages. Moreover, you can download languages from Apple.Hey there, I am guessing that it will work however no one knows if it works with 10.5.1 but the motherboard is known to work with 10.4.8 so therefore you have a strong chance of it working.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks guys for providing some information, this stuff have been added to the list.PS. check the bottom of the first post (your names are there!)

hi this is SHEHABSHAMEER

and i would like to know why my 40 gb maxtor harddisk ( sata ) is not recognized during setup.

what can i do to make it work.

thanks.

So I'm attempting to install this to a virtual machine, but microsoft virtual PC 2007 gets as far as a grey screen with the apple logo and then crashes with a 'kernel stack error', so I got vmware workstation 6 and tried it there, but I got a notice from vmware about the OS i'm attempting to install is a 64-bit OS and my virtual machine is not configured for that. So i changed it to 'other, other 64-bit' (and found out that virtual pc 2007 doesn't support 64-bit guest OS's), and got the same kernel stack error. I tried some patching the iso to ir2, but now I get a 'cannot find /com.apple.boot.plist' or whatever that one is. The first post here said that the problem was that

I was probably using jmicron IDE controller, but I'm using daemon tools and have the iso mounted, so now I'm at a loss.<BR>I'm using my laptop which has an AMD Turion 64 1.8GHz (supports SSE2 and 64-bit processing). Is this all because I have an AMD processor? (although I think the issue at the moment is it not reading the patched iso or whatever)<BR>

When I get the money, I'll be able to buy a graphics card and try this on another computer, but that may not be for a week or two...

Hi all,

Thanks for the threat..

I have been installed the Iatkos 10.5.1 forget which version.. But it runs well on my Satelite L100, Dual boot with XP Home.

Just need verification as describe above the Iatkos with vanilla is able to do software upgrade directly to Apple without need canges on kext and so on..

Most of my friend here using Kalyway and have problem after upgrade using combo update to 10.5.2..

Any tip before I proceed with combo update to 10.5.2?

BTW, how to check my PC is using Vanilla or else?

Tx

EFI, this is something that integrates into your bootloader which allows you to upgrade to official apple versions so when 10.5.2 comes out in Jan 08 - you can upgrade to it the same time as legit Mac users.

i use the EFI,may upgrade to the 10.5.2 as legit mac users?

hi i have installed iatkos v1.0ir2 & encountered the following problems:

1. since onboard ethernet cant work, i installed a pci wifi adaptor which cant work as well

2. i have 3 hdd; 1. sata 80gb samsung [xp] seen in leopard, 2. sata 250gb leopard 3. sata 500gb which isnt seen in leopard

3. must the dvd be in the drive & boot from dvd?

can anyone help?

hi i have installed iatkos v1.0ir2 & encountered the following problems:

1. since onboard ethernet cant work, i installed a pci wifi adaptor which cant work as well

2. i have 3 hdd; 1. sata 80gb samsung [xp] seen in leopard, 2. sata 250gb leopard 3. sata 500gb which isnt seen in leopard

3. must the dvd be in the drive & boot from dvd?

can anyone help?

1.if u can find the driver,i think it would work as well

2.all will seen in leopard

3.no

and you can boot by the tboot,and i work well in my computer,btw ,i install xp an iatkos in one sata hd

hope it could help you

Hi. The iATKOSr2 works perfectly for my comp, except sound. Mute and headphones jack still don't work after trying all the patches.

Anyway, I tried updating to 10.5.2 via Apple's Software Update, but now I can't load the OS. Darwin boot loader loads (I dual boot with XP), but when I click my hackintosh partition, the startup resets and I can't get in anymore.

any suggestions? Should I just not have updated?

You'd have to go through some old threads to know that using Software Update was THE single #1 BAD BAD thing to do.

Thanks.

Any chance on helping with the sound? Mute and headphones Jack doesn't work. even though I plug in headphones, the sound still comes out of the laptop speakers. I have a dell 640m Inspiron, with sigmatel audio. I've tried all of the sigmatel kext fixes in the "fixing audio" thread, but none of fixed these two problems.

Also, how getting sleep to work? It's so important for running a laptop.

Thanks!