New AMD DVD for leopard

max33

2,431 posts in this topic

My progress:

I've replaced the mach_kernel with one suitable for my AMD Athlon 64 3200+ SSE2. DVD installation finally booted up!.

The first time, installation froze almost at the end :-(

The second time, installation went well, although the mach_kernel was changed during install. I had to replace it again from XP and MacDrive.

Now the problem is with the PS/2 mouse. It simply doesn't work. Could anyone throw some light to this problem?

The PS/2 keyboard works well since i've included the ApplePS2Controller.kext.

Is it worth to keep searching for a PS/2 mouse solution, or it is better to buy a PS/2 to USB converter?.

Regards.

1 - Launch DVD

2 - At boot prompt, type -s

3 - fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

update

f 1

w (y)

q

4 - cd /usr/standalone/i386

./startupfiletool -v /dev/rdis0sX ./boot (X is your partition)

5 - mount -uw /

mount -t hfs /dev/disk0sX /Volumes

6 - bless -device /dev/disk0sX -setBoot -verbose

7 - reboot and tell me if it makes any difference

5: returns this "mount_hfs: Block Device Required"

Hi

Am new with mac os and i want to try it now since you make it possible with amd !! So i got an error while installing it on a primary partition. Right at the beginning, when it start copying files, i get an error saying (it's not the right term!): An error occur during installation: impossible to copy /volume/.... ... My question is, do you think there is a problem with my partition, a problem with the dvd disk or the iso ?

Thank you.

Hi

Am new with mac os and i want to try it now since you make it possible with amd !! So i got an error while installing it on a primary partition. Right at the beginning, when it start copying files, i get an error saying (it's not the right term!): An error occur during installation: impossible to copy /volume/.... ... My question is, do you think there is a problem with my partition, a problem with the dvd disk or the iso ?

Thank you.

I have the same issue. Installation fails immediatly saying that it can't copy files. It also freezes if I try to change partitions in the Disk Utility menu. For some reason it sees my HDD, but can't write to it. Any ideas?

So thus far I had leopard installed on an IDE drive and working very well.

However, I'd much rather have leopard installed on my WD Raptor 150 Sata HD.

I was able to select the drive and install leopard on it. Now when I go to boot nothing happens.

When I had a booting problem on my IDE install it got to a certain point of actually loading before it had a kernal panic. Now on the SATA install it literally does nothing. It gets through the BIOS loading screens and then just sits there.

I tried:

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

update

f 1

w

q

reboot

The SATA drive is the only drive that is connected. It only has one partition. What should I try now?

@Zephyroth- ok so I tried again and I did all the steps then rebooted and it stops at: Forcedeth Network line down (and I tried pressing F8 -x when the dvd boots and it just goes through the install process

here is exactly what I did:

the ATA hdd is the only hdd connected

F8

-s

fdisk -e /dev/rddisk0

update

f 1

w

q

cd /usr/standalone/i386

./startupfiletool -v /dev/rdisk0s1 ./boot

mount -uw /

mount -t hfs /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes

bless -device /dev/disk0s1 -setBoot -verbose

reboot

then I let the install countdown go by and it goes through the process

and the very last message is

Forcedeth: Network link down

I'm having trouble getting this installed. My hard drive is not seen as an install location unless it is formatted. When I try to partition the disk in OSX it hangs for about 30 minutes and then says the operation timed out. If I format it with the windows xp install disk and boot into OSX I can see the drive and if I double click on it, it asks if I want to erase the disk. If I procede from there the install immediatly fails and says that it can't copy to the drive. Does anyone have any idea why my drive isn't writable? I've tried a WD, and Hitachi drive with no joy, and both drives are perfectly functional.

System--

Opteron 165

2gb Ram

Foxconn 6150BK8MC Nforce 4 motherboard

Hitachi 500g Sata

Nvidia 7600gs 256mb

I'm up and running a fully working Leopard. I used some of the info posted by Alsheron in post#365.

Here is step by step what i did:

1. Installed on the first partition of my 2nd hard drive where i previously had Tiger installed. I erased the

partition during the install. It went without a hitch.

2. Of course when i rebooted, it would get about half way and panic and stop.

3. Installed Tiger 10.4.9 uphuck on a new second partition.

4. In Tiger i logged in as root.

5. As root i went into Leopard and deleted the kexts that Alsheron mentioned.

6. Restarted the computer and booted into Leopard no problem.

7. Checked QE and it was NOT supported.

8. Booted back into Tiger as root again.

9. Downloaded the replacement kexts from rapidshare that Alsheron mentioned.

10. Put those 14 kexts into the extensions folder of Leopard.

11. Restarted the computer and booted into Leopard. QE is supported now!!

I have played an encrypted dvd movie and listened to my Ramnmstein cd.

On board nic does not work but i had a pci nic card in there for when i was running Tiger 10.4.4

and it works fine with Leopard.

In conclusion, i'm a very happy camper.

I am posting this from Leopard.

just wanted to say thanks for a great release. installed fairly easily, just needed to do some post install first aid for my gfx card and keyboard/mouse, everything else worked great right away, and now almost everything works.

i have full CI/QE, res, all HDs (2xSata, 1xATA, 1xExternal USB) and all that goodness. only issue i'm having is that i also needed the cpus=1 flag to prevent random crashes (Athlon64 X2 4200+, MSI Neo-4F) and was wondering if there was somewhere to get info (or be told) what issue the dual core AMDs are having. i'm not new to hackintoshes in general, but my knowledge of the gears and bolts is pretty limited. also i was wondering what the purpose and necessity of the -legacy flag in the boot.plist

thanks for indulging my curiosity and, again, thanks for the great (and fun) work!

It's a hope. But it may take much more time after intel version releasing. Just wait and wait, this is the only thing we can do here!

pretty much haha but I am a very inpatient person so in the end of January I am going to buy a macbook 2.2ghz for "school" have to do something in my college classes haha

alright, I'm at my wits end with trying to boot the hard drive with leopard

within leopard I tried "fdisk -e /dev/rdisk1s1 (as this was displayed from diskutil list)

the error read back: "fdisk: could not open MBR file /usr/standalone/i386/boot0: No such file or directory"

This is the problem I believe. So is there any suggestions that might fix this?

Ok, so I decided to reload since I've been jacking up this install all week... Same process as last time, but this time I get the account creation hang. Not sure why it didn't do it the first time... but I don't have a Tiger account to migrate and I don't know how to run Marvin's without a working install... any other ways around this or any idea why it worked fine the first time. Installed on fresh drive each time.

Ok, so I decided to reload since I've been jacking up this install all week... Same process as last time, but this time I get the account creation hang. Not sure why it didn't do it the first time... but I don't have a Tiger account to migrate and I don't know how to run Marvin's without a working install... any other ways around this or any idea why it worked fine the first time. Installed on fresh drive each time.

Join the club phantomgreen... I'm stuck at the account creation screen with no way of using Marvin's utility. Due to my hardware, this is the first time I've gotten any installation of OSX up and running on my AMD laptop, so having another install to work with is out of the question.