New AMD DVD for leopard

max33

2,431 posts in this topic

1) You need to copy the ApplePS2Controller to the extensions folder (I use a hacked one found here).

2) You need to boot with the DVD and -s.

3) You need a USB Keyboard. Plug it. Then you can type. chown / chmod the extension. Reboot.

4) Unplug the USB keyboard. Plug PS/2 devices. Everything works flawesly for me (both PS/2 mouse and PS/2 kb)

:| Thanks for your answers.

I don't understand why the same keyboard used to work when I had created my own AMD version from a retail copy using Shrinker and decrypts :P

Ill repeat my post cause i had no response ( i know my english is bad but can you help me) :

Am new with mac os and i want to try it now since you make it possible with amd !! So i got an error while installing it on a primary partition. Right at the beginning, when it start copying files, i get an error saying: The installer could not create the folder "/Volumes/Untitled/baseSystem.pkg.1215DNcUH

My question is, do you think there is a problem with my partition, a problem with the dvd disk or the iso ? Or, any ideas how to solve it ?

Thank you.

Ill repeat my post cause i had no response ( i know my english is bad but can you help me) :

Am new with mac os and i want to try it now since you make it possible with amd !! So i got an error while installing it on a primary partition. Right at the beginning, when it start copying files, i get an error saying: The installer could not create the folder "/Volumes/Untitled/baseSystem.pkg.1215DNcUH

My question is, do you think there is a problem with my partition, a problem with the dvd disk or the iso ? Or, any ideas how to solve it ?

Thank you.

I posted the same problem without an answer. It must not be common. I know it has something to do with the drive not being writable. I was able to install by putting the drive into a USB external enclosure, but the install wouldn't boot after. I've pretty much given up at this point. What kind of motherboard are you using? Maybe we can start by figuring out our common components. I have a foxconn MB using a 6150 Nvidia chipset.

hi guys,

hope you can help me......followed the guide at http://osx86.thefreesuite.com/leo_amd.php and got to the leopard installation screen. but here i stuck. when i open disk utilities there is no HDD to choose...i created a partition with partition macig 8. it's ntfs and primary.....i guess there's the mistake....can someone please explain how the partition has to be?

fat32 or ntfs`? primary or logical?

Edit:

it's a S-ATA drive

1) Did you erase the partition on which you want to install ?

2) What is the filesystem? (HFS journaled, HFS, UFS ...).

3) Is it an usb drive ?

4) Did you make a clean install ? An upgrade ? If so, starting from which version ?

Thanks for the reply!!

1&2) I was starting from a blank drive, but I did format it with HFS Journaled when it was in the USB enclosure. Connected via sata the drive is visible, but cannot be formatted, written to, erased, etc.

3) It was a USB drive when the install actually worked, but I want the drive to be connected via sata. (and the USB drive could not be made bootable)

4) It was a clean install.

Whatever is going on appears to be hardware related. I tried changing just about every Bios setting that seemed applicable. Thanks again

hi guys,

hope you can help me......followed the guide at http://osx86.thefreesuite.com/leo_amd.php and got to the leopard installation screen. but here i stuck. when i open disk utilities there is no HDD to choose...i created a partition with partition macig 8. it's ntfs and primary.....i guess there's the mistake....can someone please explain how the partition has to be?

fat32 or ntfs`? primary or logical?

Edit:

it's a S-ATA drive

you don't really read isn't it?

2. You need to create at least 6GB unallocated space on your hard disk. If you know how to do this, don't hesitate to use your preferred method. If you don't know how to do this, download Partiton Magic 8 and shrink one of the partitions on your hard drive. After you've done that, skip to step 4.

>> Click on ‘Resize/Move Partition

>> Move the slider to make the partition smaller and hit OK

>> Click on ‘Apply’

>> Close Partition Magic

that means that you only create unallocated space with PM8, not a partition!!!

The ID=AF partition is created in diskpart:

5. In the command window, type:

>> List disk

>> Select disk [disk #]

>> List partition

>> create partition primary id=af

>> active

Please read the whole guide before you start messing with your partitions and make sure that you understand everything!!! I put the following line above the guide especially for people like you....

Don't forget to read this before installing

I forgot the 'requirements' section on purpose. Please read through the whole guide and write down the things you need. This sounds stupid, but I want to force you to read through the whole guide prior to trying things out.

Hi.

I'm new to this forum and have been reeding the post all day on installing the "zephyroth" releace ( which i'm really grateful for ) however i'm dealing with couple issues.

I'm running a:

AMD X2 3800+

Nforce 4 mobo

Asus 7900GT

(onboard lan (NForce 4 lan) and onboard sound (think it a envy24 chipset ).

I know a bit about linux based system and can find my way around the folders. Right now i've managed install the OS. rebooted ( it panic :P ), rebooted into save mode and deleted all the Ge*.kext and NV*.kext. Rebooted again and finished the install. After downloading the leo_vid_kext.zip and copien all the files to Extentions i've tried to register them (this goes well ). After a reboot the resolution is still the same (vesa mode) and i get a error message (normal popup ) that the extention could not be loaded.. ( i've copied the command lines just like Hexidecimal posted them).

That's my first problem. the second one is (would be) that of fixing the "freezing" as soon as i start downloading files. browsing the web goes without problem, it's just that when i start downloading the OS freezes. i've read something about forcedeth-nockd.kext but i don't know where to find / download it and how to load it ( or is it the same princaple as the Geforce.kext?)

The third, and basicly one of the most annoying issues, is that my sound doesn't work. hardware overview says "no hardware build in" so i'm guessing that there is no driver, or is there?

Any help would be great. and zephyroth, thx for the great work.

Ps. sorry for my english.. :)

I have the same problem with the keyboard and mouse ps2 mouse won't work at all and only a few keys work from keyboard(arrows escape caps) I copied the appleps2controller from tiger into the leopard but same thing also I tried a usb keyboard and same buttons work no letters or enter anyone have any suggestions????

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, the system was working grea but then one time after I shutdown the system, the next time I tried to start it it boots nicely but seems to freeze when starting the graphics..

It works great when in safemode so I have now clue what the problem is.

any ideas?

For issues when installing kexts, be sure to do the following after you put it in /System/Library/Extensions :

chown -Rf root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/"your kext"

chmod -Rf 755 /System/Library/Extensions/"your kext"

That's the last time I tell you this :

Freezes with forcedeth are a known issue and we're waiting for a new driver or at least a fix.

To temporarily fix this, boot into OSX by adding cpus=1 at the boot prompt or add cpus=1 in "/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist" below "Kernel Flags".

Or try with forcedeth-nockd which doesn't work for me.

For issues when installing kexts, be sure to do the following after you put it in /System/Library/Extensions :

chown -Rf root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/"your kext"

chmod -Rf 755 /System/Library/Extensions/"your kext"

That's the last time I tell you this :

Freezes with forcedeth are a known issue and we're waiting for a new driver or at least a fix.

To temporarily fix this, boot into OSX by adding cpus=1 at the boot prompt or add cpus=1 in "/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist" below "Kernel Flags".

Or try with forcedeth-nockd which doesn't work for me.

Zephroth, thx for reply.

I'm going to try the "cpu=1" option but where can i find the forcedeth-nockd? i've tried google but no results...

and any idea's on the onboard sound ( NForce 4 mobo, envy24 chipset)

Ooh. ps. how can i unload kext? couse during boot i see tree time the Nitat.kext ( i've tried the sudo chown root:wheel... etc etc)

Hey guys I got my drive to boot using darwin now I need just a little advice.

everytime I boot it stays at the black screen with white text saying

"network configuration successful" and it just sits there and does nothing I tried -v and all that came up that was noticable to me was "core raider not responding" and "/usr/sbin/ocspd[68] no network interfaces"

so...is there any solution for the freezing leopard instalation?

Try booting with cpus=1 for a temporary fix, you will have to type this in everytime you boot, or you can add it to /library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist under Kernel Flags.