New AMD DVD for leopard

max33

2,431 posts in this topic

You're getting a white blinking cursor because the drive you have leopard on is not set as an active booting drive, and using the leopard DVD gui tool will not work. You need to boot back to the Leopard DVD, and go through the steps to make your drive partition bootable, which can be found on page 12, 10 and 8 of this thread.

ok well i had the whole booting problem also where my partition wasnt the active one or whatever

so i did the whole fdisk thing... it kept giving me problems but i realized what i did was

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 --- that was good

update --- that went well

f 1 --- was good but confused me at first

w ----- this is where i got confused after i did this i immediatly typed q instead of y or hitting enter i think works, then when your back to bash... or a new line you type

q .. and this writes the mbr configurtion or something like that.. idk but i rebooted took out the dvd and bam it worked.. so im coo.. now the only thing is my ati x1600 card, i was trying to use natits kexts, but they wont install and also the 883 kext installer wont work, says soemthing about post flight script or pre flight ... any ideas for that.. also.. time machine; can backup but .. cant get to the restore screen ?

and stang hope everything works out sry if i was no help

It's odd you're experiencing crashes bballs, I installed iLife '08 with no issues, everything updates and launches no problem, didn't the AMD kernel have some issues with Dual Core processors? Are you guys launching it limiting to one core with cpu=1?

foodfightr, that's normal, most computers will have that panic at your first boot, try following these steps to see if you can fix the issue.

Update: Fully Working! I will post steps here momentarily.

This is what I did to get my system fully working with Natit for my 7300GT:

Install from Zephyroth DVD.

Reboot to install DVD, open terminal, follow these steps to make drive bootable

fdisk -e /dev/rdiskX --->(X is the number of your HD, if you have only on its 0)

update

f X --->(X is the number of the partition where you installed Leopard)

w

q

reboot

Reboot to safe mode, use migration assistant to move ACCOUNT ONLY from working JaS 10.4.8 Tiger install on secondary hard drive, log in to safe mode, remove all GeForce*.kext and NV*.kext files.

Reboot to normal mode, you will be in VESA Graphics options with no QE/CI but at least you're in the OS.

Then, take all files from http://rapidshare.com/files/72992251/leo_vid_kexts.zip.html and copy to /System/Library/Extensions

When it asks you to authenticate hit OKAY and put in your password.

Then open the terminal, type sudo -s then your password and paste the following

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext ;

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/NVDARESMAN.KEXT ;

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/NVDARESMAN.KEXT

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV10Hal.kext ;

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV10Hal.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV20Hal.kext ;

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV20Hal.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV30Hal.kext ;

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV30Hal.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV40Hal.kext ;

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV40Hal.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV50Hal.kext ;

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV50Hal.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext ;

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext

then hit Enter.

Type Reboot, Pray.

These are all the steps I followed to get a fully working QE/CI Leopard AMD install. Once again, thank you Zephyroth! You are the man!