New AMD DVD for leopard

max33

2,431 posts in this topic

Hi folks! Thanks zephyroth for all the work you did, helping the comunity! Let me get back to my problem...

I tried, i think 20 times or more to install 10.5.1 Leopard on my pc but it nevers finishes the setup... It get's stuck at "less than a minute" and never finishes the install. I tried with "-x", with "-s" and with "-legacy" but no luck.. Is there anyway to finnish the setup?

Currently I run mac os x 10.4.8 on a 20gb ATA disk and can't get my sata disk to work (250 GB of personal files that i really need).

Here is my specs:

AMD Athlon64 3200+ Venice overclocked @ 3400 mhz (working 10.4.8)

HDD 20 GB Western Digital - ATA (working 10.4.8)

HDD 250 GB Samsung - SATA (Not working 10.4.8)

Mobo: DFI Lanparty Ultra-D NForce4 Chipset (working nvidia Lan and firewire but marvel no luck)

Videocard: Leadtek Nvidia 7600GT (working 10.4.8 with QE)

Soundcard: Realtek (Karajan - i think - forgot the model right now)

DVD-RW: LG

Keyboard and mouse - USB: LX710 (working with 10.4.8 but after a restart -by the way it never restarts cause i have to manually reset the pc- i have to replug it)

Is another image that currently works for me? any sugestions?

Michael

(sorry for my bad english, i'm from Romania)

Hi folks! Thanks zephyroth for all the work you did, helping the comunity! Let me get back to my problem...

I tried, i think 20 times or more to install 10.5.1 Leopard on my pc but it nevers finishes the setup... It get's stuck at "less than a minute" and never finishes the install. I tried with "-x", with "-s" and with "-legacy" but no luck.. Is there anyway to finnish the setup?

Currently I run mac os x 10.4.8 on a 20gb ATA disk and can't get my sata disk to work (250 GB of personal files that i really need).

Here is my specs:

Mobo: DFI Lanparty Ultra-D NForce4 Chipset (working nvidia Lan and firewire but marvel no luck)

Videocard: Leadtek Nvidia 7600GT (working 10.4.8 with QE)

Keyboard and mouse - USB: LX710 (working with 10.4.8 but after a restart -by the way it never restarts cause i have to manually reset the pc- i have to replug it)

Is another image that currently works for me? any sugestions?

Michael

(sorry for my bad english, i'm from Romania)

I have the same issue. This is the first time I install MacOS, but I really think the solution might be very simple ). Any ideas?

Configuration is the following: AMD X2 3800 running on Shuttle SN95G5v3 (nForce3-250 chipset), 1GB DDR400 of RAM, SATA WD Raptor, AGP GeForce 7800GS.

Well, as i posted previously, I managed it, and finally got it installed on my nforce4 athlonx2 based system. Thing is, I haven't got a clue how to get wireless working and I doubt anyone here would be willing or able to help (ndiswrapper for osx anybody?).

More problematically, adobe cs3 crashes on load and iLife apps crash and iTunes crashes. Oh, and the whole system freezes if I use certain internet apps such as firefox and Software Update.

Well, I suppose i done it, it looks nice and everything, but unless an install comes along that is stable on x86 and supports wireless (i use a generic usb stick - unlikely to ever work unless I can use the windows drivers) I simply cannot use Leopard as an everyday OS.

Thanks anyway you guys! And good luck to all...

i've tried that....it contains a whole lot of errors and when i try to enlarge it the installation freezes... the same as it was at the "less than a minute" error... i would try it in a couple of minutes and i will come back with a screenshot...

by the way... does anybody knows how to get in 10.4.8 Sata working? I really want to use my documents and music... i have them on 2 NTFS partitions. (last time i tried, in march, i could only read them but not fully only some folders that are less than 3 gb...so i thought to wait until leopard is out and give it a try...but i can't even get the setup completed)...

alsheron

Some cpuids and decrypts does not apply at the installation.

I think you should use Marvin's AMD Utility on your installation drive to fix ITunes and the others apps.

Freezes with internet applications are due to a bug with forcedeth driver and you can fix it temporarily by adding "cpus=1" in "/library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist".

Hey Zephyroth,

I tried the tip with forcedeth-nockd.kext someone here (gotta insert the name later :P ) gave me and it worked. So anybody experiencing

freezes with any browser and download-apps should try that driver :)

cpus=1 didn't do the trick, not downloading anything and turning off javascript also prevented freezes. Dunno why...

ok i tried installing once again...i opened the log and i see a lot of errors, most of them were about writing to disk errors and cannot find "xx" errors..

this time it performed very different... It used to freeze at less than a minute but now it somehow exited the setup... and halting the cpu..

post-87725-1196630081_thumb.jpg

post-87725-1196629933_thumb.jpg

post-87725-1196630343_thumb.jpg

post-87725-1196630189_thumb.jpg

sorry for poor quality..

i've got more pictures but i don't know how to upload all of them (16mb archive)...

i am going to try burning the iso again at a higer speed maybe 8x or 16x (last time i used 4x) and try one more time installing it.. If it doesn't work this time, i'm going to sleep...

Any suggestions on getting graphics or network support with this install method, for a GeForce 6150SE NVIDIA nForce 430, and an onboard Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E ethernet adapter? forcedeth doesn't seem to throw any errors, but it doesn't work. And adding the leonvidia folders to /System/Library/Extensions causes Leopard to stop booting on my system.

For those who get stucked at the end of the install, I suggest you to open the installation log (while installing) to see what's the problem ... but that's just a suggestion ... :thumbsup_anim:

I also tried to install it once again, but now with the opened log viewer ). For some reasons this time it didn't stuck, but did show the message telling that installation isn't completed. I saved the log, so can you please take a look? Btw, I counted 4 peoples on 25 pages with the same problem. And maybe my log will be helpful with the new release... Of course if you're gonna make one.

PS. Just interested, you said that it runs on your PC just perfect. Perfect like actual Mac, or you have any problems with it (I don't know, for example some applications don't start or anything else)?

log.txt

Hey guys I'm having a problem with this install. I try to boot up after install and I Get a black screen without a boot loader just a line in the top lkeft.

I try to do these commands from terminal on the dvd

fdisk -e/dev/rdisk0

update

f1

w

q

but when I get to update it says that the file system is read only

what can I do to fix this ?

@ deesto

i have the same problems with the geforce 6150 le - i am reinstalling currently and am going to try out some things (with nvinject)

i have my fingers crossed and i will let you know if i am sucessful

i have the same problems with the geforce 6150 le - i am reinstalling currently and am going to try out some things (with nvinject)

i have my fingers crossed and i will let you know if i am sucessful

Cool ... please let me know how it goes. Good luck!

zephyroth >>>

Can you please tell me what you used to create your DVD install for AMD. I mean did you use patches such as Shrinker, AMD PPF patch, copy of AND decrypts, etc. ... which ones and what else. The reason I am asking is to understand how different is your compilation ISO different from others available.

Hopefully this will also help me to make install ISO, preferably a Universal one.

Tnx for your ISO ..... working nicely, as stated previously by me. (still waiting for X800 fix, to have CI/QE)

E@zyVG

I could explain you but that would not help you.

It's not that I want to be the only one with being able to make it but if you want to create an universal DVD, you should already try to create a dvd which funtions correctly on your computer (apprently you don't know how to make it ...) and you'll see it's no as simple as you think ...

You must know that there are a lot of kexts and you cannot test some of them because to test all kexts you must own a lot of differents computers with differents cpus, motherboards, graphics cards, ethernet cards, sound cards ....

That's the reason why I'm reading attentively all your comments to know what works and what not.

In fact, I believe it's a good way for a better understanding of Mac OS X ! :)

I've tried last night to burn the iso and after 4 tries (pc restarting/freezing/BSOD - at 1%) i've got it burned at 8x on my last blank. I restart my pc with dvd inside, enter setup, check all but 8800 drivers (dont have such a card), open the log, and the same errors ocurred. I said maybe i shoud try only the essentials, no printer, no language, just the only uncheckable thing. Erased the harddrive, continue, open log, same errors. I've looked over the atached log a couple of posts up and noticed that he has most of the same errors as me but, he mange to install some things (i have only checked "show errors only").

What other install methods or images for 10.5.1 for AMD are? How can i make a custom installation disc for my computer? i've got fully working 10.4.8 (except sata and one lan nic)

I've tried last night to burn the iso and after 4 tries (pc restarting/freezing/BSOD - at 1%) i've got it burned at 8x on my last blank. I restart my pc with dvd inside, enter setup, check all but 8800 drivers (dont have such a card), open the log, and the same errors ocurred. I said maybe i shoud try only the essentials, no printer, no language, just the only uncheckable thing. Erased the harddrive, continue, open log, same errors. I've looked over the atached log a couple of posts up and noticed that he has most of the same errors as me but, he mange to install some things (i have only checked "show errors only").

What other install methods or images for 10.5.1 for AMD are? How can i make a custom installation disc for my computer? i've got fully working 10.4.8 (except sata and one lan nic)

What's your config? I think the problem can be with motherboard. I'm running it on nForce3-250 Shuttle board and as you mentioned have the same results as you do. Other hardware such as RAM (I have 2x512 DDR400), CPU (AMD X2 3800 S939), Video (Don't really think the installation aborts because of the videocard, anyway it's AGP NVIDIA GeForce 7800GS) should be fine with Leopard, because some people installs it on machines with the same hardware.

Also, the same thing with 10.4.8. It's working on my configuration too. Btw, did you try to install 10.5.1 on 10.4.8?

Here is my specs:

Mobo: DFI Lanparty Ultra-D NForce4 Chipset (working nvidia Lan and firewire but marvell no luck)

Videocard: Leadtek Nvidia 7600GT (Fully working 10.4.8)

RAM: 2x512 Dual Channel Geil 433 mhz (i think Ultra or Value) - working 10.4.8

Keyboard and mouse - USB: LX710 (working with 10.4.8 but after a restart -by the way it never restarts cause i have to manually reset the pc- i have to replug it to be detected)

I tried to install it over 10.4.8 but never finishes setup... it freezes at Less than a minute or 2 minutes remaining...

The 10.4.8 works! i install it without problems, it detects my sound (only stereo, Digital not working), any application works, it freezes randomly (last night happend 2 times), restart not working, sata doesn't work, can't figure how to get it to detect all my files form my 2 100GB NTFS Partitions.... but it works, network working, firewire working...keyboard and mouse have to be repluged after each restart in order to be working...

Where did you get your iso? mine is from T*e P****e B*y

Here is my specs:AMD Athlon64 3200+ Venice overclocked @ 3400 mhz (working 10.4.8)HDD 20 GB Western Digital - ATA (working 10.4.8)HDD 250 GB Samsung - SATA (Not working 10.4.8)Mobo: DFI Lanparty Ultra-D NForce4 Chipset (working nvidia Lan and firewire but marvell no luck)Videocard: Leadtek Nvidia 7600GT (Fully working 10.4.8)RAM: 2x512 Dual Channel Geil 433 mhz (i think Ultra or Value) - working 10.4.8Soundcard: Realtek (Karajan - i think - forgot the model right now)DVD-RW: LGKeyboard and mouse - USB: LX710 (working with 10.4.8 but after a restart -by the way it never restarts cause i have to manually reset the pc- i have to replug it to be detected)I tried to install it over 10.4.8 but never finishes setup... it freezes at Less than a minute or 2 minutes remaining... The 10.4.8 works! i install it without problems, it detects my sound (only stereo, Digital not working), any application works, it freezes randomly (last night happend 2 times), restart not working, sata doesn't work, can't figure how to get it to detect all my files form my 2 100GB NTFS Partitions.... but it works, network working, firewire working...keyboard and mouse have to be repluged after each restart in order to be working...Where did you get your iso? mine is from T*e P****e B*y

Yeah, mine's too. It's not the ISO, I'm still guessing it's nForce chipset.

Can some Mac genius take a look at my installation log please? It's attached to one of my previouses posts on this page. Thank you so much ).

Hello,

I successfully installed Leopard, removed the GeForce kexts using the Terminal to bypass the kernel panic...

However, when I get to the configuration screen, it says "Please connect your keyboard" :| (I'm using a PS/2 keyboard)