Leopard Laptops with NON-working GMA X3100

errandwolfe

846 posts in this topic

guys, this are files from the JAS version:

http://rapidshare.de/files/40783348/GMAX31...om_JAS.zip.html

i have a x61t with 2a02 gmax3100 and they work fine (both QE and QG), the only thing is that only 3 top resolutions works fine, the rest (eg. 800x600) are meshed up.

EDIT: 29-10-2008

Guys, can someone help me with switchresX? The issue with my meshed resolution is caused by wrong refresh rates detected by leopard (eg. 800x600 is at 60Hz and should be 50Hz), so I have to create a new resolution profile but I'm stuck with defining all those parametres....

EDIT2: finally made it!!!!

all resolution works fine!! What I did was adding in SwitchResX under Custom tab resolutions (after clicking + pick scaled from the dropdown list and just type in resolution)

guys, this are files from the JAS version

no works Intel X3100. iDeneb 10.5.5 ((

system:

laptop LG E500

iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5

LG E500

CPU: Mobile DualCore Intel Pentium T2330@1.6GHz

RAM: 1Gb DDR2@667MHz

HDD: 160Gb

Video: IntelGMA X3100

I have just done a compete re-install of leopard and it was the first time I got the welcome screen video simply by when installing instead of restarting open terminal ( you only have 30 seconds) and deleting /Volumes/xxx/System/Library/Displays then coping the file I had on a USB stick which was Displays

This file was originally created from using SwicthResX but is no longer required once saved (somewhere safe) not entirely for newbies I also believe due to no positive comments about this idea posted earlier that It may be machine specific so my earlier posted display file may not work for you (or has no one tried it)

I must admit I dd not have sound when I first started in the welcome video this is due to ALC262 when I work out how to include these patches to a install DVD it will be solved Tiger was easier to modify the .mpkg file Leo isn't but hopefully will work out how soon

It really isn't a major I will now try the S200 pkg file I have made which should patch the rst of my system

Hi all!

Finally after some hard work, I have got furthur!

I get a blue screen on boot, but as soon as I plug my externel monitor in I get QE/CI on BOTH screens, but the resolution is 1028x768 (max the externel supports).

I have X3100:

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a02

Revision ID: 0x0003 (Yes 3, not c)

Need to get it to work without the externel monitor, and at a resolution of aruond 1440xwhatevergoeshere

Cheers,

Jonty.

PS: If you manage to get it working, or near working, you shall receive free web hosting from my company! :angel:

Hey - I was in the same boat as you until about 10 minutes ago. I tried a bunch of fixes all at once, rebooted, and voila... Things just worked. I'm not sure what did it, but here is what I did:

1. Download http://xodeus.dk/files/AppleX3100_QE_CI.zip

2. Delete from /System/Library/Extensions the following:

Kexts involving *GMA950*

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

3. From the zip, copy the bundle and package files into /System/Library/Extensions

4. Install the two X3100 kexts from the zip *USING KEXTHELPER* (I was doing it manually before, and I think that may be what was holding me back?).

4.5 Ignore Nakit.kext (I tried to install it, but it errored on boot... I deleted it then, and everything still works fine.)

5. Delete /System/Library/Extensions.kext

6. Use DiskUtils to repair permissions

7. Reboot using -f flag

Like I said, I did a lot of things at once that I didn't do before (Losing the 950 kexts, using kexthelper, -f flag, etc), so try that formula, and hopefully it should work pretty well for you. When I first booted after doing that, both the external and the laptop screen stayed blue. Frustrated, I rebooted AGAIN, without the external, and I got a great picture on the laptop, with both QE and CI!

If that didn't work, however, my next effort was going to be to try the Leopard Graphics Update 1.0. I heard that some people had good luck with that as well.

Cheers!

Edit: And for clarification, I have a Lenovo Ideapad Y510, and the Revision ID for my X3100 IS 0x0003.

Hi, i'm new in mac stuff, but i try to..

i have compaq vt 3717

vga gma X3100, HD audio,

after installation, i can not log in, because of the blue screen

but i can log in by using external display, by press 'fn' +F4

i had used safemode by using -x but, i can not intall the vga driver by using intel gma 950

the process fail,"...can not find apple.boot.plis

where i can download the right driver...

tx u

regard

Hi all!

Finally after some hard work, I have got furthur!

I get a blue screen on boot, but as soon as I plug my externel monitor in I get QE/CI on BOTH screens, but the resolution is 1028x768 (max the externel supports).

I have X3100:

Revision ID: 0x0003 (Yes 3, not c)

Need to get it to work without the externel monitor, and at a resolution of aruond 1440xwhatevergoeshere

Cheers,

Jonty.

PS: If you manage to get it working, or near working, you shall receive free web hosting from my company! :P

Your forgot to mention that i helped you on getting that far!!! LOL

Any luck bud i'm still looking at EFI string ATM but need more help i'll be online when i get back home on Wednesday!

I just made things worse....

Got the fresh install to boot and show right resolution, but while playing with display settings decided to see what would happen if i clone displays and enabled that option.

Now both of my monitors, internal lcd and external one can only show garbage and i have no way of switching that option off as i can't see anything.

Any suggestions or should i reinstall ? I'm a newbie at max os, so please don't laugh :thumbsup_anim:

still no joy (rev 0003). this is where i am. if i use the native kexts i get a blue screen which turns black the has white lines appear on it. if i use x3100_10.5.5.zip's framebuffer kext i get full res, qe/ci on an external screen but only a blue screen on a laptop display which is progress. i'm convinced it the framebuffer causing the issues. the frame buffer in the afore mentioned zip i think is from the leo graphics update 1.0. so i compared the kext with the framebuffer from 10.5.5.

on the surface in info.plist and versions.plist the only difference is the version numbers. i've tried adding the 2a03 id but it makes no difference. i think the only way this is going to get solved is by comparing the kext binarys from the framebuffer kext. i had a look in text edit but they are illegable to my eyes. one thing is obvious though, they are completely different.

is there a program i can use to view the mach o format in human language? if i can find the rev ids or what ever apple did to make the framebuffer useless for me in 10.5.5 we can work from there. i'm gonna try the new xXx os x86 10.5.5 beta release to test the kexts on that, as the dev tests the distro on his laptop which according to his signature has a ich8-m x3100.

i think collectively people are on the edge of sussing this one so good luck all!

oh btw i have a fujitsu seimens s6410 with ich8-m x3100 2a02/3 8086 0003 have tried kalyway 10.5.2, jas 10.5.4, iatkos 10.5.4 and ideneb 10.5.5 (best so far)

Quick question, is there anyway to "fix" the need to wake up the laptop upon boot? It would be nice to boot into OSX without having to move the mouse to a hot corner. I have full resolution (1280x800) also QE/CI & Quartz GL turned on. My specs:

Dell XPS M1330

GMA X3100

Revision ID: 0x000c

Thanks for any info!

hi, i just want to say thank you for all the hard work for all the people that helped to get the solution for the X3100 cards. and i want to share my story with every one it may help some one that have the same spec that i have (check my signature at the bottom).

after 4 attempt and every time i had do a fresh install, ITS FINALLY WORKING.

I Followed the steps on post 184 and also i used the files from the same post.

1. Install the graphics update, DONT RESTART!!

2. delete Natit.Kext & AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext from system/library/extensions folder.

3. install Natit.Kext & AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext files using kext helper and do easy install.

4. use Disk utility to REPAIR PERMISSIONS on your disk.

5. restart.

6. when reboot press F8 and type -f

7. press enter and your done

that is all what i did and every thing is working just fine.

Will this work on my DG31PR Desktop motherboard which has a X3100 graphics card (Not 3100).

The specifications can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/6rodxt

Hi,

i am running a Leopard 10.5.5 on a Dell Studio Hybrid, everything run fine except the GMAX3100 intel card. So I'm running it without any kext but on a low resolution and without opengl.

I tried many combinations and advices on this forum but till today with no luck. The better I have done so far is to have a crappy screen (lines scrambled) with X3100_10.5.5.zip but i made a new install and it did not happen anymore.

So it get always the same blue screen then the screen goes off and... nothing. I try the sleep trick, tried the two output (dvi and vga) nothing works.

Is anyone have a clue ?

I'm running Toshiba L40, with x3100 video;

QE/CI - enabled;

OS Distr: leo4all v3 (updated to 10.5.5);

PROBLEM:

Long boot with stuck on blue screen (~5 min) while GUI starts

Does anybody know how to solve the issue?

critus, go to my guide or installing leopard on the dell studio (very similar to the xps) but just go down to where I cover graphics, I give a sleep corner solution and an automated one. Works great!

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry947527

I am successful only with AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext v.1.5.18.

With new version 1.5.30 I have

Nov 12 15:08:44 localhost kernel[0]: IG: Invalid firmware max backlight setting

and black screen only.

I am successful only with AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext v.1.5.18.

With new version 1.5.30 I have

and black screen only.

Slice i have that error as well but i get the login screen have you used sleep corner trick?

Also how did you get DSDT working as i tried it made the file followed the instructions but didn't know how to get it to work with the charmeleon boot loader!!!