Leopard Laptops with NON-working GMA X3100

errandwolfe

846 posts in this topic

Hi slashack,

I have a Dell D630 with 10.5.5. I got the X3100 working (with the external monitor too), using

AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext, AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext and Natit.kext, plus the Expose sleep display

trick. I cannot install the other plugins, otherwise I get only black screens.

Now, everything works fine, but I have no CI nor QE enabled. Can you post your kexts so I can try with

that too? Thanks.

This kexts worked for me.

X3100-slashack.zip

I tried it yesterday, but no luck. I placed the correct EFI strings in com.apple.Boot.plist (with EDID got from Windows, as registry explorer can't provide me with the correct EDID.)

Still takes a long time to boot then gets stuck with the blue screen. In addition - I get strange behavior - OS boots in normal mode only via cold start, if the machine worked before - the screen garbage was the only thing I got.

Sorry for my bad English, i'm not a native speaker.

Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, it's finally working!

The solution:

1. Use PCEFI v9 with DSDT patching support.

2. Patch the DSDT and place dsdt.aml in the root for system volume.

3. Use the EFI stings with 10.5.5 drivers, or use the Paulicat's Natit with 10.5.0 - 10.5.1 AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext (the other GMA's drivers will be of the latest version).

4. The system boots in 22-3- sec.

Ok, it's finally working!

The solution:

1. Use PCEFI v9 with DSDT patching support.

2. Patch the DSDT and place dsdt.aml in the root for system volume.

3. Use the EFI stings with 10.5.5 drivers, or use the Paulicat's Natit with 10.5.0 - 10.5.1 AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext (the other GMA's drivers will be of the latest version).

4. The system boots in 22-3- sec.

I'd love to give this a go but I am having lots of problems with steps 1 and 2.

I have searched the forums but can't find a detailed step by step instructions on how to use dsdt and chameleon.

Can someone help or point me in the right direction as nothing seems to do it step by step as I always get compiling failures.

Running 10.5.5 on a Vaio VGN-NR38E by the way.

Thanks.

I have a Dell XPS M1330 with Intel GMA X3100. I installed iAtkos 5i last night, but I can't boot into the OS. Once the boot loader comes up, I select Mac OS, it goes through all the necessary loading, a blue screen comes up for like 2 seconds, and then it goes black.

I've tried the following options when installing:

1. Intel Graphics Update - causes the same problem

2. Intel X3100 driver + Natik - same problem

3. No VGA selection when installing - same problem

Is there any way to get me to load the OS? I even tried the -X option and I still get the black screen.

I have a Dell XPS M1330 with Intel GMA X3100. I installed iAtkos 5i last night, but I can't boot into the OS. Once the boot loader comes up, I select Mac OS, it goes through all the necessary loading, a blue screen comes up for like 2 seconds, and then it goes black.

Is there any way to get me to load the OS? I even tried the -X option and I still get the black screen.

This is what i recommend you.

1- If you've allready installed osx once and it worked, don't install any graphics driver. After first reboot, boot with -s and type

mount -uw /
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMA*
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext
reboot

your pc will reboot and then you'll se everything but in vesa mode. Then use kexthelper and install previously working kexts.

2- If you'd never installed osx, then do the same as above, and after first boot (that when u complete forms with your data and create an account), install whatever kext you need to get it work. If they failed, just repeat the same procedure to remove wrong kexts.

Hope his helps u.

OFF TOPIC - What drivers did you use to activate two finger scroll.

Also SD(HC) are working now.

Thanks.

Here's my hardware:

Dell Inspiron 1525

Intel GMA X3100

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a02

Revision ID: 0x0000c

Dell 1395 Wifi - Working

Marvell 88e8040 Ethernet - Not working

Synaptic Touchpad - Working, even have two finger scroll

Card Reader - Not working

I've got Kalyway 10.5.2 installed with vanilla kernel. I'm using the Leopard Update drivers and a custom Natit I got from one of the many threads I've been going blind looking thru. I've got full CI/QE but only if I use SwitchResX at 1680X1000@63Hz. My native resolution is actually 1680X1050, so it's not all the way there. Also, with this config, even tho I have full QE/CI, under my dock I have some garbled image and then another mac menu bar.

What I'm wondering is if anyone else has the same model Dell as me with the same device ID and revision ID as me. And if so, what you did to get rid of the extra mac menu and garbled image stuff below the dock?

Hey everyone,

I've got a nice Gateway computer using the x3100. I have almost everything working! The only thing that doesn't work is Mirror Displays. After reading this topic, sounds like it will never work. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I would give almost anything to get mirror displays working!

I had the same problem with my m1330 too. All you have to do it put it back to sleep (or display sleep) and wake it. FN + ESC key combination should do the trick.

-----

On a different note. I can't VGA out with my m1330-x3100. When i set it to the external display, it only shows the osx loading screen (the gray screen with the swirly circle, just not swirling). And once it hit FN+CRT/LCD key, it gives me a scrambled screen on the built-in display, I have to sleep it to get the display back.

Any help/suggestions here for a working VGA out?

for Laptop with 10.5.5 & GMA X3100 ID 0x2a02 0x0003

if at startup the screen show blue and only black color

put into the trash:

AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle

keep only:

AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext v1.5.30

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext v1.5.30

AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin

AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle

no Natit

:)

for Laptop with 10.5.5 & GMA X3100 ID 0x2a02 0x0003

if at startup the screen show blue and only black color

put into the trash:

AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle

keep only:

AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext v1.5.30

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext v1.5.30

AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin

AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle

no Natit

:blink:

be careful with that. You will loose OpenGL.

Try with any other option before this. I thought i had to loose OpenGL, but i found the way to keep it. And now it works great.

be careful with that. You will loose OpenGL.

Try with any other option before this. I thought i had to loose OpenGL, but i found the way to keep it. And now it works great.

Hi Slashack, thank you very much for your kexts. I installed them and I have QE/CI working. Before I only had corrupted screen. But now my problem is that the video performance is poor. There're lags when I use expose and also when click on Downloads folder icon on the dock. Xbench shows that the OpenGL test scores only 27. Any ideas?

Thinkpad T61 7658

GMA X3100

Vendor 0x8086

Device 0x2a02

Rev. 0x000c

Thanks a lot!

Hi Slashack

After the reboot of a fresh installation of iPC OSX86 without graphic drivers. I delete all AppleIntelGMA* and the Framebuffer.kext in single user mode ( -s ).

The PC starts in Vesa Mode and i installed all your X3100-slashack kexts with KextHelperb7.

Thats a pic of my screen after a reboot. :blink:

post-342928-1231263097_thumb.jpg

Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family / Intel GMA X3100

Revision: 0x0003

Do you have any idea???

Thanks a lot.

Hi Slashack

After the reboot of a fresh installation of iPC OSX86 without graphic drivers. I delete all AppleIntelGMA* and the Framebuffer.kext in single user mode ( -s ).

The PC starts in Vesa Mode and i installed all your X3100-slashack kexts with KextHelperb7.

Thats a pic of my screen after a reboot. :)

post-342928-1231263097_thumb.jpg

Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family / Intel GMA X3100

Revision: 0x0003

Do you have any idea???

Thanks a lot.

This is my device:

Revision ID: 0x000c

I know there are some troubles with 0x0003 revision.

By the way, what resolution are u using? Is your monitor compatible? It looks like a resolution problem.

HI i'm a neewbie and i have 2 problems after installing kalyway 10.5.2 allowing to to dual boot Mac OS X and vista on my laptop

1st problem is that the i need to find a way to convert the resolution from 1280x768 to 1280x800 because it does not offer that in the system preferences

2nd problem is the graphic driver. I need help with installing a graphic driver that is compatible with my laptop. The current one is not allowing programs like iWorks to run properly or run at all. So please. Help. I've included the specs of my laptop below

i have a sony vio vgn-nr430e with a mobile intel ® 965 express chipset family. Manufacturer: intel® pentium ® @ 1.86Ghz. Memory: 2038mb ram. Current Display mode is 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60 hz).

PLZ help

Hey All,

I am using the ls-372 from commel which has a GM965 x3100 chipset.

I think I have tried almost everything but no luck. I am wondering if you can shed some light.

I have tested with both iAtkos 5i and Kalyway and not much luck. I must note that my display works ok but I cannot enable hardware acceleration.

My device details are:

--------------------------

dev-id: 2a12

rev-id: 0x0003

It looks as if this configuration is rare as most people with dev-id: 2a12 have rev-id: 0x000c

I have tried manually editing the kexts as follows:

• hex edited the AppleIntelGMAX3100 binary in the kext from 02A2 to 12A2.
  • hex edited the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB binary in the kext from 02A2 to 12A2.
  • Modified the Info.plist to 2A12.
  • Tried deleting natit.kext, IntelAppleFrameBuffer.kext and IONDRVSupport.kext in a range of configs. E.g. deleted only natit.kext in one pass. That didn't work, so restored natit.kext and deleted IntelAppleFrameBuffer.kext, etc...

None of the above have worked.

I also tried adding EFI strings. I had trouble getting my EDID but found that ResX could retrieve it. Although I think it retrived bogus data. Consequently this did not work. I am not sure if it is able to fix my issue anyway. I think this has to do with resolution problems as I believe it gets information about your monitor. (I only read briefly about this).

Most of the time I have not been able to boot. I usually get errors complaining about framebuffer already being loaded. This is when I modify and install AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext. I wondered if IONDRVsupport.kext had/has anything to do with that? I tried removing IONDRVSupport.kext and removing it as a dependency in AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext's Info.plist but things got worse.

I am kind of out of ideas and am hoping someone can shed some light?

If I missed some detail please let me know.

Regards

Hey All,

I am using the ls-372 from commel which has a GM965 x3100 chipset.

I think I have tried almost everything but no luck. I am wondering if you can shed some light.

I have tested with both iAtkos 5i and Kalyway and not much luck. I must note that my display works ok but I cannot enable hardware acceleration.

My device details are:

dev-id: 2a12

rev-id: 0x0003

It looks as if this configuration is rare as most people with dev-id: 2a12 have rev-id: 0x000c

I have tried manually editing the kexts as follows:

• hex edited the AppleIntelGMAX3100 binary in the kext from 02A2 to 12A2.
  • hex edited the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB binary in the kext from 02A2 to 12A2.
  • Modified the Info.plist to 2A12.
  • Tried deleting natit.kext, IntelAppleFrameBuffer.kext and IONDRVSupport.kext in a range of configs. E.g. deleted only natit.kext in one pass. That didn't work, so restored natit.kext and deleted IntelAppleFrameBuffer.kext, etc...

None of the above have worked.

I also tried adding EFI strings. I had trouble getting my EDID but found that ResX could retrieve it. Although I think it retrived bogus data. Consequently this did not work. I am not sure if it is able to fix my issue anyway. I think this has to do with resolution problems as I believe it gets information about your monitor. (I only read briefly about this).

Most of the time I have not been able to boot. I usually get errors complaining about framebuffer already being loaded. This is when I modify and install AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext. I wondered if IONDRVsupport.kext had/has anything to do with that? I tried removing IONDRVSupport.kext and removing it as a dependency in AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext's Info.plist but things got worse.

I am kind of out of ideas and am hoping someone can shed some light?

If I missed some detail please let me know.

Regards

Have u tried the DSDT patch? That was like the only one that worked for me.

Have u tried the DSDT patch? That was like the only one that worked for me.

i think i have the same problem as him. I have a sony vaio with the same chipset and i have little resolution problem but mainly hardware/program acellartion issues as well. I'm a noob.

i know this might be a stupid question.. but do you know any patches as well that can turn my resolution to 1280 x 800. This is my first time doing anything major like this so bare with me.. Sorry

was wondering if you can leave a link for that patch.. Having problems searching for it.. Thanks alot

Thanks Slashack...that one completely slipped me. I will give it a go and report back my results.

NoLimits7FIE....do you have the same device/revision id? (You can find it under Utilities -> System Profiler -> Graphics/Displays)...

And don't apologise....everyone has to learn :angel:

Regards

NoLimits7FIE....do you have the same device/revision id? (You can find it under Utilities -> System Profiler -> Graphics/Displays)...

Regards

Hey thank Nr152522 i think i have the same device/not sure what revision id is?

well before i go do any revision. let me tell you what i did. I used the kalyway 10.5.2 had to reinstall like 8 times just to get the OS working. the only major problem i have now is the graphic driver that is currently installed is not allowing my programs like iworks to open correctly. my friend had the same problem and he installed different driver and it worked. But we both have different computers. I've been searching this whole forum for an answer for the past day and since i'm a noob. I really don't know what do to. I'm so close. But here is the specs on my computer

i have a sony vio vgn-nr430e with a mobile intel ® 965 express chipset family. Manufacturer: intel® pentium ® @ 1.86Ghz. Memory: 2038mb ram. Current Display mode is 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60 hz)

hopefully you can reply back with an answer that will cure me from my frustration. I'm sure the answer for my problems is out there. I just don't know what i'm doing, for that I apologize.

Thanks again for anyone that can help.

Hey nr152522 I was looking over what you told me to do again. and i fianlly figured out what you are talking about. I do not have the same device/revision id

my device id is: 0x2a02

my revision id is: 0x000c

I was also having resolution problems and i was checking this out this link?

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...01.0r2&st=0

do you think i'm heading the right direction. I just downloaded kext helper but have no idea what do do with it =(

just want a graphic driver, fix resolution, and have the internet working,

since i've uploaded the OS the only thing i've been able to accomplish making the battery icon work correctly on the laptop.. sigh.....

Wish i knew alot more about computers