iam use kalyway 10.5.2,

my resolution only 1024x768

me try GrapichsUpdate from apple, dont work

do you have any solution ???

www.afiszone.co.cc

SUCCESSS!!!

The Attached File is Compressed

If Your Device ID Differs From This one Simply Edit It to Match i Guess

Also, you MUST (Unless Your Works Without it) Use a Corner of Your Screen to "Sleep Display"

THIS MUST BE DONE BEFORE REBOOTING TO ENABLE KEXTS!!!

Dont Forget To Repair Permissions!!

If This Doesnt Work The First Time, then Install the Graphics Update First and then

Install The 2 Files (Natit.kext & AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext ) from simcolor and THEN!! restart

[EDIT]:

Install the graphics update first, DONT RESTART!!, then install Natit.Kext & AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext files

found on this post or in a previous post from simcolor with kext helper and then REPAIR PERMISSIONS and then restart

use -f to force reload files.

then when system boots, and display goes blue to black, like the other guides say, drag your mouse to the corner

you set for "Sleep display, then move it back acrosss the screen. and the screen wakes with full QE/CI

[/EDIT]

Natit.kext - From simcolor ( Kext v? )

AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext - From Leopard Graphics Update (Kext v1.5.24+)

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext - From simcolor ( Kext 1.5.18)

AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin - From Leopard Graphics Update (Kext v1.5.24+)

AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle - From Leopard Graphics Update (Kext v1.5.24+)

AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle - From Leopard Graphics Update (Kext v1.5.24+)

This Works On My Dell Inspiron 1420 With

Intel GMA X3100

Device ID: 0x2A02

Vendor ID: 0x8086

Revision ID: 0x000c

Working With CI/QE

AppleIntelGMAX3100.zip

[EDIT]: I AM NOT CLAIMING TO HAVE FOUND THE "SLEEP WAKE TRICK"

Only a way to get it working on some Dells that dont have it working fully

[/EDIT]

[EDIT]

This Still Works With 10.5.3

[/EDIT]

[EDIT]

This Still Remains Working With 10.5.4

[/EDIT]

Is there anychance of reuploading them files please as i lost mine after XP formated my Mac partition. They worked well on my laptop and a few others. Thanks

I've managed to get My X3100 working again but this time with EFI strings LOL.

Basically i found a Apple Mac's dump of the on this website and started to take a look. I then looked at mine with IOReg explorer and started to remove the bit that was not required and then removed the EDID from the dump and replaced it with mine. Now i have a fully working X3100 no mods required no screen problems and full QE/CI. So now if some people can help me out here i'll start a new TOPIC called Intel X3100 EFI and if people post up a Complete IOReg dump with their Raw EDID i can make them a EFI string for their laptops. I know someone tried this before but i think i might of solved the problem that you had.

So now for the proof.

The attach dump i put into EFI studio by adding a graphics card and deleting everything in the windows. So thats the top and bottom then i copied the HEX numbers in to EFIStudio by pressing command K which then the other attached file AppleX3100.txt .

From that i removed everything that i didn't see in IOREG from the top window in EFI studio and replaced the apples EDID with mine using this website http://www.paulschou.com/tools/xlate/ . Now the EDID needs to go in the Hex area as its a hex string. Now I click decode and copied the info from the Base64 area and copied it to the EFI window where i mentioned EDID. After all that I made another Plist file. Once this was done i just wrote it to the com.apple.boot.plist file from EFIstudio. now i have a Fully working QE/CI with no screen problems! please also find attached screeny!

Hope this helps Everyone. Also you'll no longer need Natit or laptopdisplay.kext anymore

dump_X3100_13_inch_MacBook.txt

applex3100.txt

GMAX3100.txt

post-187668-1219233830_thumb.png

Hum... maybe this will work with my Powercolor ATI X1950Pro AGP...

Can you make like a tutorial to see if I can get this card working properly? With the programs needed and command lines and probably some screenshots :unsure:

Thanks for your work!

Hum... maybe this will work with my Powercolor ATI X1950Pro AGP...

Can you make like a tutorial to see if I can get this card working properly? With the programs needed and command lines and probably some screenshots :(

Thanks for your work!

Just doing tutorial for X3100 now but will will be different for your card!

SUCCESSS!!!

Also, you MUST (Unless Your Works Without it) Use a Corner of Your Screen to "Sleep Display"

If This Doesnt Work The First Time, then Install the Graphics Update First and then

Install The 2 Files (Natit.kext & AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext ) from simcolor and THEN!! restart

[EDIT]:

Install the graphics update first, DONT RESTART!!, then install Natit.Kext & AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext files

found on this post or in a previous post from simcolor with kext helper and then REPAIR PERMISSIONS and then restart

then when system boots, and display goes blue to black, like the other guides say, drag your mouse to the corner

you set for "Sleep display, then move it back acrosss the screen. and the screen wakes with full QE/CI

[/EDIT]

AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle - From Leopard Graphics Update (Kext v1.5.24+)

AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle - From Leopard Graphics Update (Kext v1.5.24+)

Intel GMA X3100

Working With CI/QE

AppleIntelGMAX3100.zip

[/EDIT]

[EDIT]

[/EDIT]

[EDIT]

[/EDIT]

can someone re-post a link to AppleIntelGMAX3100.zip, the above link is no longer accessible? If someone had it and could upload it to a torrent or something that would be great also.

Ok well I have the x3100 graphics card working with QE/CI on my Fujitsu T4220 SXGA+ tablet. One little issue I have noticed is that OSX crashes without fail when I try to switch to the native resolution. ( 1400x1050 ) I have to use SwitchResX to create the 1400x1024 resolution and it works great except for the missing 26 pixel rows at the bottom of the screen. Is this a driver limitation? I don't have any other monitors to test anything higher than 1440x900 on an external screen.

PAULICAT!!!! if you're out there I need some help or maybe some advice.

I tried using the EFI strings and I was able to get it to select the 1400x1050 without crashing however The screen was stretched out and distorted when I did that. But I was able to get my current setup with EFI strings. If anyone has a working EFI string with Res Change with supports resolutions higher than 1280x1024 that would be awesome. Just give me the HEX and I'll add in my EDID into it. Thanks guys. Good luck all.

Oh one more thing. Has anyone gotten their x3100 to work with the newer 3100FB.kext, version 1.5.24? If seen alot of success wit 1.5.18 but I was hoping that maybe the newer version will fix my resolution issue. And also has anyone gotten regular res change with stretching working? Couldn't figure that one out either.

SUCCESSS!!!

[EDIT]:

[/EDIT]

Intel GMA X3100

Working With CI/QE

AppleIntelGMAX3100.zip

[/EDIT]

[EDIT]

[/EDIT]

[EDIT]

[/EDIT]

hi, i want to download this attachment but the link seems dead, where can i get this zip file?

thanks!

Intel GMA X3100:

Chipset Model: GMA X3100

Type: Display

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 144 MB

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a02

Revision ID: 0x0003

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 800 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Built-In: Yes

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Display Connector:

As you can see, it's working! So the sleep method did not work for me with the "Revision ID: 0x0003". I tried only installing the:

AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext and the

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext

I used kexts that I downloaded from the zip file linked to from post #184 by AJ Allen.

After rebooting, instead of getting the grey screen like I usually would, I got a blue screen. So I tried hooking up an external monitor to see what might happen. It was working on my external monitor. I was able to change resolutions; x3100 was working but with no QE. Nothing but a blue screen on my laptop monitor though.

I installed the Natit kext from the zip file linked to in post #184. After rebooting I got a grey screen on my laptop. Sleep method still did nothing. I plugged in the external monitor and got the desktop background but without the menu bar and desktop icons, still a grey screen on my laptop. Using Alt F5 VoiceOver, I moved the mouse over to the left and could hear that the menu bar was on my laptop screen even though it wasn't visible.

Using SwitchResX, which I had already installed, I could see that the system now detected my laptop display, this is after installing the Natit kext.

[i had to be clever and use voiceover to be able to open up System Prefernces where I could then see the very edge of the System Preferneces screen on my external monitor. I then dragged the screen over to the right into the external monitor.]

Then I opened up SwitchResX. I added a custom resolution 1280 x 800 for the laptop screen. After doing this and rebooting, my laptop screen was no longer a useless grey screen.

I thought I would give it a go and install the rest of the GMAX3100 kexts from the zip from post #184. After rebooting, QE is now supported and this is where I am now.

Thanks all for your help! Very much appreciated.

hello, i am dealing with my SONY VGN-NR12H' s X3100, for it just can't custom resolution to 1280x 800. but i cant download the zip file in post #184, its link didnt work, could anyone who got this file attach it again? thanks a lots!

We have basically same situation, except my machine never boot-up with QE/CI. I guess you can try some other version of drivers. Mine only work with Natit.kext, AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext, and AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext, with version 1.5.18 (which comes with Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD). I tried to update with Leopard graphics update 1.0, which have same kext but higher version (1.5.24 or higher), then it fails to boot.

I'll attach the older kext, just in case it helps you.

God! simcolor save my x3100!!!

I have just used the natit.kext from simcolor and the exact version of 3100.kexts, restart, it works! What a magic day! you know, I have been trying to fix this x3100 for 1 week! Now, x3100 in my SONY VGN-NR12H works normally:

Intel GMA X3100:

Displays:

Display:

Display Connector:

even the sleep function be normal after x3100's working, so fantasy!

Then, let me summary the kext I used, just as AJ. Allen's post #184:

Natit.kext - From simcolor

AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext v1.5.24

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext v1.5.18

AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin v1.5.24

AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle v1.5.24

AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle v1.5.24

Thank simcolor, AJ. Allen, paulicat and all people who worked on this problem!

I also curious in what difference between the Natit.kext from simcolor and mine, but I don't known how to compare, so i attach these files here, in case someone known how.

in the zip file, Natit.kext is the magic file from simcolor, Natit-2.kext and Natit-1112.kext is the old that can't function.

Natit_files.zip

God! simcolor save my x3100!!!

I have just used the natit.kext from simcolor and the exact version of 3100.kexts, restart, it works! What a magic day! you know, I have been trying to fix this x3100 for 1 week! Now, x3100 in my SONY VGN-NR12H works normally:

Intel GMA X3100:

Displays:

Display:

Display Connector:

even the sleep function be normal after x3100's working, so fantasy!

Then, let me summary the kext I used, just as AJ. Allen's post #184:

Natit.kext - From simcolor

AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext v1.5.24

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext v1.5.18

AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin v1.5.24

AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle v1.5.24

AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle v1.5.24

Thank simcolor, AJ. Allen, paulicat and all people who worked on this problem!

I also curious in what difference between the Natit.kext from simcolor and mine, but I don't known how to compare, so i attach these files here, in case someone known how.

in the zip file, Natit.kext is the magic file from simcolor, Natit-2.kext and Natit-1112.kext is the old that can't function.

That's awesome. But i have no luck. Not able to download the files from AJ. Allen's post #184. The link is broken. :)

Anyway, thanks for your magic Natit.kext from simcolor. :) :)

Now hoping someone could upload again the files from AJ. Allen's in post #184. :king:

That's awesome. But i have no luck. Not able to download the files from AJ. Allen's post #184. The link is broken. :(

Anyway, thanks for your magic Natit.kext from simcolor. :) :)

Now hoping someone could upload again the files from AJ. Allen's in post #184. :angel:

As far as I know, AJ.Allen's natit.kext is from simcolor too. may be you will have luck by making sure the versions of AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kexts as 1.5.18.

Just got a new laptop, immediatly tried to install OS X ;)

Great job guys! But i'm now stuck as that :censored2: AppleIntelGMAX3100.zip is 404 :(

Please upload AppleIntelGMAX3100.zip :(

Thanks a lot ! !

Chill dude, download http://xtremevenomuk.co.uk/AppleIntelGMAX3100.zip.

People that flame like you stops developers developing man!

The File is once Again in my Signature. Sorry about the mishap. was moving things around on my website thingy last month (has no homepage now(as you have maybe Saw) ) and moved the file by accident. Also i started classes on the 2nd so took me a while to realize i had moved them. again double sorry. but they are here now :) so you all can download to your hearts content. Remember, These Files Work for Revision 0x000c. if you are using revision 0x0003, Please read through the thread and somebody will have sold the issue for your laptop, or will be willing to help you. Just Ask the Right Questions!!.

I did update to 10.5.5 (Delta) but blue screen for 2 seconds then black screen.

When i delete all X3100 kexts/files I can boot up and only had to re do the PS2 fix for Keyboard working.

Here I'm stuck at 1024x768.

With Natit or Laptop Display.kext it's the same (tried them even together).

Tried other x3100 kexts but nothing better, when I delete all X3100 in extensions (only keep the two *.kext of them) then I can boot up into 1680x1050 no QE/CI and mouse pointer is messed up!

Strange :) .

It's my HP 6710b - see signature - using Leo4allV3 + Vanilla on 10.5.4 on the 2nd partition so I can not try to play with EFI because the 1st part. has EFI bootloader and is my "working" 10.5.4...

I'm trying to get this working on a Sony Vaio CR290 with an X3100, Device ID: 0x2A02 Vendor ID: 0x8086 Revision ID: 0x000c

If I use the kexts in AJ Allen's post, I get a blue screen on the laptop display and the desktop background on the external display with no cursor. It does not respond to the corner that I set to sleep the display. I'm at a loss as to how to get this working. One thing I notice different about mine is that system profiler reports 64 MB of shared memory as opposed to 144 like everyone else. This is on Leo4All V3 10.5.2. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm trying to get this working on a Sony Vaio CR290 with an X3100, Device ID: 0x2A02 Vendor ID: 0x8086 Revision ID: 0x000c

on Leo4All V3 10.5.2.

hello,

try to install the LeopardGraphicsUpdate1.0.dmg and DELETE any natit.kext in your extension folder, repair permissions, reboot !

Have full QE+CI + 1680x1050 on my X3100 (works in 10.5.3 and 10.5.4 too NOT working for me in 10.5.5 so far...).