Leopard Laptops with NON-working GMA X3100

errandwolfe

846 posts in this topic

So, did anyone get the solution for 1024x768 problem. I am travelling in the same boat as you, guys. Tried everything "Pulicat's Natit.kext, SwitcherX, etc", still no luck. Which is the best way to change the resolution in Intel GMA X3100 Card?? :( :( :(:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Which is the best way to change the resolution from 1024 x 768 in Intel GMA X3100? Tried everything "Pulicat's Natit.kext, SwitcherX, etc"...Still no luck. Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!! :-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(

Hi guys! just installed Ideneb Leopard 10.5.4 as you are aware ideneb has a fix for x3100 but unfortunately, this is not working with my SONY Vaio VGN-CR23M-B all i got is some weird stuff going on with my LCD. so, i tried to copy x3100 kexts from my friends macbook which is running on leopard 10.5.2 then it's working but i believe in VESA only. I'm kinda confused right now, all i want is my x3100 to work. I've tried methods posted here but no luck! I'm suspecting that i have copied kexts from earlier versions(10.5.2) maybe this causes the problem? I appreciate help from you guys!

muchos gracias!

My Laptop:

SONY Vaio VGN-CR23M-B

Ideneb Leopard 10.5.4

Hi guys! just installed Ideneb Leopard 10.5.4 as you are aware ideneb has a fix for x3100 but unfortunately, this is not working with my SONY Vaio VGN-CR23M-B all i got is some weird stuff going on with my LCD. so, i tried to copy x3100 kexts from my friends macbook which is running on leopard 10.5.2 then it's working but i believe in VESA only. I'm kinda confused right now, all i want is my x3100 to work. I've tried methods posted here but no luck! I'm suspecting that i have copied kexts from earlier versions(10.5.2) maybe this causes the problem? I appreciate help from you guys!

muchos gracias!

My Laptop:

SONY Vaio VGN-CR23M-B

Ideneb Leopard 10.5.4

Try using iDeneb 10.5.5 without the X3100 checked - 10.5.5 has newer drivers for it.

i have a siemens laptop with intel 965 express (2a02 id & 003 revision id) but can't get it working.

Now i'am stiking with ideneb 10.5.5 and tried to install with or without x3100 fix, tried natit+modified fb, tried deleting appleintelgmax3100 plugin, but it is always the same story. When I reboot the display is blue and then black. I've also tried the sleep display trick but when the display comes up again nothing has changed.

I don't know what to check or try more, any idea ??

Thanks

Im using toshiba satellite a300 1g3 laptop

trying to install TOH RC1 release version

im having problems with the graphics i coudnt see the loaded setup because of a crappy display loaded

once i boot the setup with kernal flag -x i get a good display but after installation i cant start.

so i used another pc to install the os and i pluged the portable harddrive on mine i still got the crappy display but this time without

getting a error on the loading screen i when inside to the desktop the mouse is perfect but dsplay is crappy

im useing mobile intel 965 express chipset family

mobile intel gma x3100 358mb shared vga

core 2 duo centrino 2.4 ghz 2gb ram

ive read many threads but yet nothing gave me a proper solution yet.

expecting a help

thankyou !!

Try out my idea see if it works. Goto http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...21912&st=80 download attachments on post 83 and 95.

Should you need to change the EDID secton of the EFI string or remove the LAN and Sound from the EFI string download EFI Tool from here http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=32892.

If that doesn't work download the kext's from here http://xtremevenomuk.co.uk/AppleIntelGMAX3100.zip it will show a 404 error but you will get the download.

If it works or not please post a reply on my topic so's i continue on find a solution for everyone one.

P.S Your Intel X3100 will show as a ATI Radeon 2400 HD don't worry its only a label you can change this by using the tool above and replacing the Lable to anything you like!

tried also raziid suggestion but doesn't work.

Thanks hacktrix but perhaps i'm doing something worng.

My actual situation is as follow:

ideneb 10.5.5 fresh install without any fix

laptop is lifebook e8410

video card is intel 965 express chipset :

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A02&SUBSYS_13F610CF&REV_03\3&B1BFB68&0&10

audio alc262 working with taruga alc262_100 kext and alcinject

network card is intel 82566mc with

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_104D&SUBSYS_143110CF&REV_03\3&B1BFB68&0&C8

deleted all appleintelgma extensions and framebuffer so i'm stick with 1024x768 and no qe/ci

I've tried your efi string and display folder as per post 81 and 95 as you suggested but perhaps i'm doing it the wrong way.

Should i put back all the original extensions for gma x3100 and 950 and then place the string in the boot.plist ??

can you pls give me precise indication about it ?

attached my dump.txt

thanks for any further help!!!

dump.txt

tried also raziid suggestion but doesn't work.

Thanks hacktrix but perhaps i'm doing something worng.

My actual situation is as follow:

ideneb 10.5.5 fresh install without any fix

laptop is lifebook e8410

video card is intel 965 express chipset :

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A02&SUBSYS_13F610CF&REV_03\3&B1BFB68&0&10

audio alc262 working with taruga alc262_100 kext and alcinject

network card is intel 82566mc with

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_104D&SUBSYS_143110CF&REV_03\3&B1BFB68&0&C8

deleted all appleintelgma extensions and framebuffer so i'm stick with 1024x768 and no qe/ci

I've tried your efi string and display folder as per post 81 and 95 as you suggested but perhaps i'm doing it the wrong way.

Should i put back all the original extensions for gma x3100 and 950 and then place the string in the boot.plist ??

can you pls give me precise indication about it ?

attached my dump.txt

thanks for any further help!!!

Try following the instructions as told by Hooked and it will surely work for you as i have got the same graphics card as you have. Also dont forget to delete the .kext files for X3100 and GMA950 alongwith Natit.kext and repair permissions . Furthermore after reboot try the key combination Power + S + enter, keep in mind that it will take some time (15-20 secs) for the screen to appear after pressing keys.

Best of Luck :(

hi, i just want to say thank you for all the hard work for all the people that helped to get the solution for the X3100 cards. and i want to share my story with every one it may help some one that have the same spec that i have (check my signature at the bottom).

after 4 attempt and every time i had do a fresh install, ITS FINALLY WORKING.

I Followed the steps on post 184 and also i used the files from the same post.

1. Install the graphics update, DONT RESTART!!

2. delete Natit.Kext & AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext from system/library/extensions folder.

3. install Natit.Kext & AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext files using kext helper and do easy install.

4. use Disk utility to REPAIR PERMISSIONS on your disk.

5. restart.

6. when reboot press F8 and type -f

7. press enter and your done

that is all what i did and every thing is working just fine.

hi, i just want to say thank you for all the hard work for all the people that helped to get the solution for the X3100 cards. and i want to share my story with every one it may help some one that have the same spec that i have (check my signature at the bottom).

after 4 attempt and every time i had do a fresh install, ITS FINALLY WORKING.

I Followed the steps on post 184 and also i used the files from the same post.

1. Install the graphics update, DONT RESTART!!

2. delete Natit.Kext & AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext from system/library/extensions folder.

3. install Natit.Kext & AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext files using kext helper and do easy install.

4. use Disk utility to REPAIR PERMISSIONS on your disk.

5. restart.

6. when reboot press F8 and type -f

7. press enter and your done

that is all what i did and every thing is working just fine.

ya thanks for that step by step guide, it ll surely help :)

I just wanna ask you one question , is your Audio driver installed, if yes can you please guide me how to install that as i have the same hardware as u do but cant able to get my audio working.

thanks for the help

I seem to be having a different issue than most people in this thread.

I have QE/CI working with X3100 on my Thinkpad T61, unless the laptop goes to sleep mode. If it enters sleep, then upon wakeup the laptop LCD fills with random colored lines and slowly starts turning white.

Has anyone else encountered this?

I am using the old AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext and the other kexts are from the lastest 10.5.5 update to even get this far.

Try following the instructions as told by Hooked and it will surely work for you as i have got the same graphics card as you have. Also dont forget to delete the .kext files for X3100 and GMA950 alongwith Natit.kext and repair permissions . Furthermore after reboot try the key combination Power + S + enter, keep in mind that it will take some time (15-20 secs) for the screen to appear after pressing keys.

Best of Luck :(

thanks raziiq ; i did it exactly but didn't help. nothing has changed.

I'm going to try with a fresh install + efi method suggested by hacktrix.

Then, we will see...

Thank a lot again

:(

tried solution as #395 (tried plenty of others too) and this method alows me to use any resolution up to 1900x1200 and full qe/ci but only on an external monitor. The laptop monitor just stays blue. i've tried various natit.kexts but i just get told they cannot be used. i attempted to create an EFI string but that made no difference (probably my fault). I have a Fujitsu Siemens S6410 and i'm running idenebv3 10.5.5 native kernal. I have to say that this is by far and away the nearest thing i've come to fully working. the wifi needs replacing but i've purchaced an airport (n) of ebay. i really need help on this one any feedback greatly appreciated.

ps. don't know if it makes any difference but this is exactly the same problem i had on an gma915 which was resolved although i can't remember how. anyway i put the appleintegratedframebuffer.kext from the gma900 driver set in the extensions folder and got the grey boot screen with spinny thing and once it had loaded there was a mose pointer over it. strange and probably unrelated but thought i'd let you know. thanks again.

Any one got the Macbook Update 1.2 X3100 kexts as i'm trying to get X3100 working on all laptops.

PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ

I have tried to extract those kexts before, Pacifist doesn't show anything in the package though, you would need somebody with a new MacBook or MacBook Pro to do it.

Try out my idea see if it works. Goto http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...21912&st=80 download attachments on post 83 and 95.

Should you need to change the EDID secton of the EFI string or remove the LAN and Sound from the EFI string download EFI Tool from here http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=32892.

If that doesn't work download the kext's from here http://xtremevenomuk.co.uk/AppleIntelGMAX3100.zip it will show a 404 error but you will get the download.

If it works or not please post a reply on my topic so's i continue on find a solution for everyone one.

P.S Your Intel X3100 will show as a ATI Radeon 2400 HD don't worry its only a label you can change this by using the tool above and replacing the Lable to anything you like!

I tried it hacktrix hmmm but unfortunatly it doesnt work for me still i get the currupted display. i use to access mac os by setting the kernal flag -x -legacy in to com.apple.Boot.plist

i have no qe ci and i run in 1024x768 refreshrate unknown. no audio 268alc no wifi 3945alg have blue tooth and it takes my vga as 64mb

cant i d any kind of trick to get qeci i dont care if im running on safe mode either but i dont like to be bound to limitations like the vga

thankyou

HI there guys..

i deleted the apple intel gma related files and tried the natit.kext again i guess it worked and im using switchresx to maintain my rezo. i dont wanna fall into crisis again may be switch res is saving me or mayb its natit but any way i have no qe ci and it yet takes my vga as 64mb im trying to update my toh 10.5 to 10.5.5 and install the graphics update 1.0 i guess it will work im thinking i may get qe ci

Hi all!

Finally after some hard work, I have got furthur!

I get a blue screen on boot, but as soon as I plug my externel monitor in I get QE/CI on BOTH screens, but the resolution is 1028x768 (max the externel supports).

I have X3100:

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a02

Revision ID: 0x0003 (Yes 3, not c)

Need to get it to work without the externel monitor, and at a resolution of aruond 1440xwhatevergoeshere

Cheers,

Jonty.

PS: If you manage to get it working, or near working, you shall receive free web hosting from my company! :whistle:

I have two intel graphics controllers? 2a02 and 2a03. i googled both and found that the 2a02 is the chipset and 2a03 is the x3100. i changed the line 2a038086 to 2a038086 in the ...GMAX3100FB.kext repaired and rebooted and got the apple loading screen which locks after loading and leaves the mouse pointer which moves but thats as far as it gets. Again don't know what this means or weather or not everyone knew this already but i thought i'd let you know what i've found.