Leopard Laptops with NON-working GMA X3100

errandwolfe

846 posts in this topic

"DONT FORGET to use an active screen corner for SLEEP MODE"

can enybody explain this trick in details?

Go to system preferences and click on "Desktop & Screen Saver"

Make sure the Screen Saver tab at the top of the window is selected, and click the "Hot Corners" Button.

You'll see 4 pop-up menus to set the preferences for each corner. You can set any one of those corners (I prefer lower left) to Sleep Display.

If you need to use the sleep trick, then after you start up, move your mouse (or trackpad) way to the bottom left (or whichever corner you've set to sleep). You won't see the mouse move, of course, but keep moving toward that corner until you're sure it's reached sleep mode. Then when you move it away from that corner, you display should hopefully work.

Best of luck

Go to system preferences and click on "Desktop & Screen Saver"

Make sure the Screen Saver tab at the top of the window is selected, and click the "Hot Corners" Button.

You'll see 4 pop-up menus to set the preferences for each corner. You can set any one of those corners (I prefer lower left) to Sleep Display.

If you need to use the sleep trick, then after you start up, move your mouse (or trackpad) way to the bottom left (or whichever corner you've set to sleep). You won't see the mouse move, of course, but keep moving toward that corner until you're sure it's reached sleep mode. Then when you move it away from that corner, you display should hopefully work.

Best of luck

mac_maestro big thanks man, but after install kalyway 10.5.2 my screen is black, but sound works fine, so i can hear the presentation video of Leopard...

configuration of my sony vaio is very similar with your toshiba

can you pliz post step by step tutorial, how you install it, and then - how you get X3100 fully working. :)

I finally got it to work somewhat.

Finally able to boot without using -x

I installed kalway 10.5.1 and then combo update to 10.5.2

Installed the Leopard Graphics Update

Downloaded the kexts from post #184

reboot

at this point i couldn't even safeboot i would just a garbaged display.

i boot into safe mode and follow the instructions from post #324

After installing Kalyway 10.5.2, type -s at boot options

mount -uw /

cd /System/Library/Extensions

rm -rf AppleIntelGMA*

rm -rf AppleIntelIn*.kext

this was done on a Sony Vaio CR120E

another reboot and it works.

didn't have to do the sleep corner thing.

however still stuck at 1024x728.

CI/QE is not supported.

only 64mb of shared memory.

any ideas??

working on my thinkpad t61 kalyway 10.5.2 install vanilla kernel

i followed guide from post 184 but do not need to use the sleep hot corner trick...

Intel GMA X3100:

Chipset Model: GMA X3100

Type: Display

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 144 MB

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a02

Revision ID: 0x000c

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1440 x 900 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Built-In: Yes

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Display Connector:

Thanks a lot!!!

mac_maestro big thanks man, but after install kalyway 10.5.2 my screen is black, but sound works fine, so i can hear the presentation video of Leopard...

configuration of my sony vaio is very similar with your toshiba

can you pliz post step by step tutorial, how you install it, and then - how you get X3100 fully working. :rolleyes:

Hi. I just read the Hardware Compatibility List (HCL) for 10.5.2 and found the closest machine I could find to mine and followed their advice. The best piece of advice was the -x trick when starting the install disk - I had problems without that. Here's a link for the 10.5.2 HCL:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...0.5.2/Portables

I followed the advice of the Toshiba Satellite A205-S5859

It might work for you... or you may be able to find a machine closer to yours on that page that will help.

I never had a black screen problem. With 10.5.2 I had no screen problems at all, but I had no QE/CI.... Then I upgraded to 10.5.3 and had weird grey screen with lines problems after a few restarts. I fixed that by using the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB/kext from the 10.5.2 install, and getting rid of all the Intel 950 kexts.

Best of luck.

SUCCESSS!!!

The Attached File is Compressed

If Your Device ID Differs From This one Simply Edit It to Match i Guess

Also, you MUST (Unless Your Works Without it) Use a Corner of Your Screen to "Sleep Display"

THIS MUST BE DONE BEFORE REBOOTING TO ENABLE KEXTS!!!

Dont Forget To Repair Permissions!!

If This Doesnt Work The First Time, then Install the Graphics Update First and then

Install The 2 Files (Natit.kext & AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext ) from simcolor and THEN!! restart

[EDIT]:

Install the graphics update first, DONT RESTART!!, then install Natit.Kext & AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext files

found on this post or in a previous post from simcolor with kext helper and then REPAIR PERMISSIONS and then restart

use -f to force reload files.

then when system boots, and display goes blue to black, like the other guides say, drag your mouse to the corner

you set for "Sleep display, then move it back acrosss the screen. and the screen wakes with full QE/CI

[/EDIT]

Natit.kext - From simcolor ( Kext v? )

AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext - From Leopard Graphics Update (Kext v1.5.24+)

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext - From simcolor ( Kext 1.5.18)

AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin - From Leopard Graphics Update (Kext v1.5.24+)

AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle - From Leopard Graphics Update (Kext v1.5.24+)

AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle - From Leopard Graphics Update (Kext v1.5.24+)

This Works On My Dell Inspiron 1420 With

Intel GMA X3100

Device ID: 0x2A02

Vendor ID: 0x8086

Working With CI/QE

AppleIntelGMAX3100.zip

[EDIT]: I AM NOT CLAIMING TO HAVE FOUND THE "SLEEP WAKE TRICK"

Only a way to get it working on some Dells that dont have it working fully

[/EDIT]

[EDIT]

This Still Works With 10.5.3

[/EDIT]

[EDIT]

This Still Remains Working With 10.5.4

[/EDIT]

Hi Allen,

I am using my laptop Fujitsu S6410 running Mac OSx86

My version is iatkos V4i

I have tried your method but I have gotten this ShXT screen..

Can someone give me a favour...

thanks

post-253271-1217675792_thumb.jpg

Try this:

Working EFI com.apple.boot.plist for Insprion 1525 with working native resolution changer. You will need to boot with an external monitor and enable the expose sleep corner before the sleep will wake.

The Efi is take from a X3100 on a mac but I removed alot of the options.

put it in

system/library/preferences/system configuration.

Delete your original com.apple.boot.plist first and drag and drop this one in.

works perfectly.

com.apple.Boot.plist.zip

Try this:

Working EFI com.apple.boot.plist for Insprion 1525 with working native resolution changer. You will need to boot with an external monitor and enable the expose sleep corner before the sleep will wake.

The Efi is take from a X3100 on a mac but I removed alot of the options.

put it in

system/library/preferences/system configuration.

Delete your original com.apple.boot.plist first and drag and drop this one in.

works perfectly.

Am i still need to use the method which mentioned by Allen after I replace your file?

Also, I cannot find the path that "system/library/preferences/system configuratio" to place your file on Mac.

AJ.Allen, I LOVE U too.

After 2 days of searching and trying, you help me out in this stuff.

I could go and update my signature now. :)

THX, tons.

SUCCESSS!!!

The Attached File is Compressed

If Your Device ID Differs From This one Simply Edit It to Match i Guess

Also, you MUST (Unless Your Works Without it) Use a Corner of Your Screen to "Sleep Display"

THIS MUST BE DONE BEFORE REBOOTING TO ENABLE KEXTS!!!

Dont Forget To Repair Permissions!!

If This Doesnt Work The First Time, then Install the Graphics Update First and then

Install The 2 Files (Natit.kext & AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext ) from simcolor and THEN!! restart

[EDIT]:

Install the graphics update first, DONT RESTART!!, then install Natit.Kext & AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext files

found on this post or in a previous post from simcolor with kext helper and then REPAIR PERMISSIONS and then restart

use -f to force reload files.

then when system boots, and display goes blue to black, like the other guides say, drag your mouse to the corner

you set for "Sleep display, then move it back acrosss the screen. and the screen wakes with full QE/CI

[/EDIT]

Natit.kext - From simcolor ( Kext v? )

AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext - From Leopard Graphics Update (Kext v1.5.24+)

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext - From simcolor ( Kext 1.5.18)

AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin - From Leopard Graphics Update (Kext v1.5.24+)

AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle - From Leopard Graphics Update (Kext v1.5.24+)

AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle - From Leopard Graphics Update (Kext v1.5.24+)

This Works On My Dell Inspiron 1420 With

Intel GMA X3100

Device ID: 0x2A02

Vendor ID: 0x8086

Working With CI/QE

AppleIntelGMAX3100.zip

[EDIT]: I AM NOT CLAIMING TO HAVE FOUND THE "SLEEP WAKE TRICK"

Only a way to get it working on some Dells that dont have it working fully

[/EDIT]

[EDIT]

This Still Works With 10.5.3

[/EDIT]

[EDIT]

This Still Remains Working With 10.5.4

[/EDIT]

Am i still need to use the method which mentioned by Allen after I replace your file?

Also, I cannot find the path that "system/library/preferences/system configuratio" to place your file on Mac.

No you shouldnt need it as far as I am aware, I didnt use his guide at all I just went headlong in and looked for an EFI string.

ooops sorry its in

/library/preferences/system configuration

No you shouldnt need it as far as I am aware, I didnt use his guide at all I just went headlong in and looked for an EFI string.

ooops sorry its in

/library/preferences/system configuration

Can you tell me what is your laptop model and detail configuration for reference?

By the way, I found one post in this topic which use the Fujitsu A Serious laptop. He faces the same situation but i found that using external Display (LCD Mon) can see something.

Afterward, i can set 1280 X768 @75Hz.

but QE does not support.

How to set 1280X800

My laptop is Fujitsu S6410.

This Works On My Dell Inspiron 1420 With: Intel GMA X3100, Device ID: 0x2A02, Vendor ID: 0x8086, Revision ID: 0x000c
Edit: At last I got my video card on Toshiba M305-S4815 working. Had to replace kernel with Kabyl 9.2.2 to make display sleep and then applied Sleep Hack.

Cheers. :)

I could really use some help getting my system setup better then it is. I have full resolution for the most part but no QE / CI.

I have a dell vostro 1500

Intel GMA x3100

SXGA+ display with TrueLife LCD (capable of 1680 x 1050)

I have tried all the tricks and tips that I have found. The only way I have been able to get the resolutions to work is to use the GMA x3100 files from the kalyway 10.5.2 install with the sleep trick. All others that I have tried result in a black screen. I can see the screen go to sleep and wake up (backlight) but it just stays black. Do I need something other then the Intel GMA x3100 files like a different boot.plist or something?

I really don't know why I am having so much trouble, but if someone can help me that would be awesome.

Thanks

Can you tell me what is your laptop model and detail configuration for reference?

By the way, I found one post in this topic which use the Fujitsu A Serious laptop. He faces the same situation but i found that using external Display (LCD Mon) can see something.

Afterward, i can set 1280 X768 @75Hz.

but QE does not support.

How to set 1280X800

My laptop is Fujitsu S6410.

As I said its an Dell Inspirion 1525

As I said its an Dell Inspirion 1525

It does not work..

My mac x86 is fresh installed. I cannot find com.apple.Boot.plist in that location which you are mentioned above.So , I just drop it on that location. B)

It does not work..

My mac x86 is fresh installed. I cannot find com.apple.Boot.plist in that location which you are mentioned above.So , I just drop it on that location. :)

system configuration is all one word.

so its library/preferences/systemconfiguration.

It should be there if its not put it there.

hi guys i'm italian sorry for my bad english..

i've a problem with the drivers of the x3100 intel video card, i've tried different methods for install them but i haven't resolved...i don't know why drivers don't work.. :)

while most of all users have the device id 0x2a02 and their cards work , my card has id 0x2a12 and doesn't work so i think that there is a problem with devices with this id..i've tried to change the id in the drivers kext files but without success..

can you help me ?

i have a notebook is an hp 6720s core 2 duo 1.4ghz, 2gb ram ddr2, soundmax integrated audio, intel x3100 video card..

someone has succeeded installing them on device with id 0x2a12?

p.s i have kalyway 10.5.2 efi 8

what are the differences between the card with id 0x2a02 with the card with id 0x2a12?? i think that the problem is this device with id 0x2a12....so far i have never been people who are resolved the problem with this video card..

do anyone have 1920*1200 resolution on internal monitor with QE/CI and no mouse artefacts?

what i have:

dell inspiron 1720 with X3100, maximum monitor resolution is 1920*1200@60

what i do:

1. install iAtkos_v4i (just select first two checkboxes, and drivers for SATA and NTFS_3G)

2. after installation, i remove all installed kexts for video (ATI* NV* AppleIntelGMA* Natit)

3. Setup display corner for sleep mode, reboot. All works fine, with resolution 1024*768, no QE/CI.

4. install kexts from AJ Allen's package(AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext, Natit.kext, and AppleIntelGMAX3100* which are in that package). After that i get blue - black screen, and sleepdisplay does not works.

5. i remove only AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext in -s mode. After that sleepdisplay works, and system boots in 1920*1200 resolution, but without QE/CI and the mouse cursor looks very bad(very distorted, looks like there is no cursor)

6. If i change resolution for example 1600*1000, the cursor looks fine, but there is no QE/CI.

What i do wrong? (Also i have wrotten the 2A02 to the plist in the X3100.kext, but it does not helps me)

TIA. I will wait for your answers guys.