Leopard Laptops with NON-working GMA X3100

errandwolfe

846 posts in this topic

Slice i have that error as well but i get the login screen have you used sleep corner trick?

Also how did you get DSDT working as i tried it made the file followed the instructions but didn't know how to get it to work with the charmeleon boot loader!!!

With patched DSDT i need no more sleep corner trick. But I have ACPI v2.0. As I know for users of ACPI v1.0 it is not a solution. (ACPI version depends on hardware).

To use DSDT you must type into terminal

sudo -s

mv /boot /boot.old

cp chameleon_for_dsdt /boot

chown -R root:wheel /boot

cp dsdt.aml /DSDT.aml

chown -R root:wheel /DSDT.aml

reboot

K one of four things is happening here. Either;

1. the main board is sending incorrect signals to the LCD. so how can i fool it into sending correct signals?

2. the device ID hardcoded in the kext binary is wrong. I am convinced that the device ID should be 2a03 and not 2a02 pciwiz's osx86 tool / utility states that 2a02 is a vga/svga compatible integrated graphics controller. where as 2a03 is just an integrated graphics controller. although i have searched through the binary using 0xED but i can't find any ID's

3. my acpi version i think is 2.5? (fjtsuseims s6410) thus it may be incorrectly mapped?

4. I'm a complete and utter noob and i can't do {censored} for my self.

+! my battery never lasts more than 2.5 hours!

I'm gonna try and use the dsdt patcher to tell the crt/dvi/tv all to send to the lcd. will report back!

Dose everyone get work brightness control with X3100?

My lenovo x61 dose NOT work.

Tja, I also have THAT problem. The card is a gma 965 X3100 0x2a02 0x000c on a iAtkos 10.5.4 (no extra updates installed).

Everything works perfectly, but the screen brightness. it's always to the max. if someone has solved this problem, please write.

Hey

i been looking through the forum and im trying to get a handle on the x3100 graphics card resolution issue.I have a sony vaio vgnfz140eb 2bg of ram intel family 965 chipset x3100 graphics card using the kaleway10.5.2. installing is fine but after it reboots from the install i get a gray/white screen. i beleave its having to do w/ the resolution settings or the intel frame buffer. ive tried changing the resolution but no dice. any solutions ?

I'm running Toshiba L40, with x3100 video;

QE/CI - enabled;

OS Distr: leo4all v3 (updated to 10.5.5);

PROBLEM:

Long boot with stuck on blue screen (~5 min) while GUI starts

Does anybody know how to solve the issue?

The same issue that I'm experiencing with my ASUS X51L .

I guess EFI strings would help, but not sure.

Does somebody tried the new 9F23 Apple Intel drivers update?

Where to go and what to do...

I have a Toshiba Portege M700 with GMA965/X3100 and it has taken me weeks (cause i'm dumb and missed the obvious solutions and couldn't find the correct BIOS settings for a while) to get Leopard to boot (Kalyway 10.5.2). I had to use the movevideodrivers trick listed in the install info (mock away, I deserve it). Now that I am able to boot into the system with a usable GUI, what process or order would you recommend trying first to get full graphics acceleration and then the rest of my hardware running (no Wifi, Bluetooth, USB, Ethernet, USB(not sure what's wrong there) working at the moment). I have spent hours reading and there are too many options for me to understand let alone implement, I would be grateful if someone out there with experience in the forums could direct me to the right path. I can provide specific info if requested but not sure what is really needed.

Much thanks.

Jimmy

Hello all,

I've an Inspiron 1525, the newer models with 1440x900, X3100, C2D 8100, 4G.

After installing a dozen times I noticed tha the only version that works with full graphics in the correct resolution is 10.5.2. All my attempts to upgrade or install 10.5.3, 10.5.4, 10.5.5 failed the same way, messed screen in many diferent forms (the most common beeing a "half display" something like you can see only a third of your desktop using half of the screen, the other half remains black...).

I tried many diferent combinations of .kexts, including using those from 10.5.2 with 10.5.5 but no lucky, so it seems that something else is needed.

Paulicat said that 10.5.1 is the recommended AppleIntelGMA3100FB version... Can someone kindly post tha .kext so I could give it a try?

I have plenty experience in Linux, but making this work is really giving me a hard time...

I would like to help and make it work.

Has someone made the GMA3100 work in full 1440x900, if so, please post your settings.

Good luck for all!

Hi gahmuret!!! I have the same note as you, with GMAX3110 (1440x900) and I did it works. I tried many diferent combinations of kexts and instalations too, like iDeneb, Leo4All, Kalyway and finaly iAtkos. With iAtkos 10.5.4 I did it work very well. Everthing is ok, like video, sound, wireless, usb, and trackpad, just one thing is problem yet, shutdown.

I can't attachment here, it's larger (3.2mb). If you want these kexts I send for you by email.

Sorry for my english, I'm from Brazil :)

Best regards

dguarizi

hi,

I found many people works great on 2a03 rev 000c, but there is no one works on 2a03 rev 3.

Hope I am wrong, because I am the very version "3", and tried with many many kexts with no luck.

If you are just the 2a03 rev 3, and you got display OK, please help me.

Post your environment, and tell us how.

Thank you.

hi,

I found many people works great on 2a03 rev 000c, but there is no one works on 2a03 rev 3.

Hope I am wrong, because I am the very version "3", and tried with many many kexts with no luck.

If you are just the 2a03 rev 3, and you got display OK, please help me.

Post your environment, and tell us how.

Thank you.

Mine is 2a03 0003. Read post #457 and do what I did - it worked just fine for me...

Jim

The same issue that I'm experiencing with my ASUS X51L .

I guess EFI strings would help, but not sure.

Does somebody tried the new 9F23 Apple Intel drivers update?

I tried it yesterday, but no luck. I placed the correct EFI strings in com.apple.Boot.plist (with EDID got from Windows, as registry explorer can't provide me with the correct EDID.)

Still takes a long time to boot then gets stuck with the blue screen. In addition - I get strange behavior - OS boots in normal mode only via cold start, if the machine worked before - the screen garbage was the only thing I got.

Sorry for my bad English, i'm not a native speaker.

Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.

im having a hard time with the video problem, i choose -x option at boot, try with an external monitor, to no avail, also use the Graphics boot option, it starts, i have a blue background and then it goes black, if i switch the output to the external monitor i get white stripes...

any help?

using ideneb 10.5.5 i have many other "distributions" of hackintoshes but this is the best ive tried...

i alredy installed succesfully in a similar studio but with ati radeon 3450 (and since that vcard is not supported im trying to get it up and running on this studio)

any sugestions to implement in single user mode? kext to delete? vesa mode? -x option makes no diference, closing the lid for 15 minutes then waking up does not work also

UPDATE: after reading lots of stuff, i was able to boot and setup some things, i entered single mode with -s and deleted all AppleIntelGM* files and also AppleIntelFrameBuffer stuff, then rebooted and voilá video works, but vesa mode, now i´ve read that with iDeneb 10.5.5 i did not have to select the GMAX3100 driver, i will test that, and if i still have the same issue i will try JCovert process discused here.. in Post #457

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...1784&st=440

Here's my hardware:

Dell Inspiron 1525

Intel GMA X3100

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a02

Revision ID: 0x0000c

Dell 1395 Wifi - Working

Marvell 88e8040 Ethernet - Not working

Synaptic Touchpad - Working, even have two finger scroll

Card Reader - Not working

I've got Kalyway 10.5.2 installed with vanilla kernel. I'm using the Leopard Update drivers and a custom Natit I got from one of the many threads I've been going blind looking thru. I've got full CI/QE but only if I use SwitchResX at 1680X1000@63Hz. My native resolution is actually 1680X1050, so it's not all the way there. Also, with this config, even tho I have full QE/CI, under my dock I have some garbled image and then another mac menu bar.

What I'm wondering is if anyone else has the same model Dell as me with the same device ID and revision ID as me. And if so, what you did to get rid of the extra mac menu and garbled image stuff below the dock?

Has anyone gotten the "Mirror Displays" feature working yet? Whenever I try to do it on my Dell Studio 15, both screens get messed up beyond belief and I have to restart in safe mode to fix the problem. Is there an updated kext or kexts that don't do this? I'd like to just hook up the laptop to an external monitor and use that as the main monitor. Right now I'm stuck using both displays and switching between them, which is fine but I'd still really enjoy if the feature were implemented. I'm a bit confused as to why this happens to begin with though, because isn't this the exact card that's in some Macbooks? Maybe there's some small difference somewhere?

Specs:

Dell Studio 1535

iDeneb v3 10.5.5

Intel GMA X3100:

Vendor Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a02

Revision ID: 0x0003

Please help i have tried all types of instructions, i used the AppleIntelGMAX3100, but all I get is black screen with, mouse movement.

all kext have device id set to >0x2a028086<

sleeptrick with hot corners setup

copy the bundles to /extensions folder

AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin

AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle

install kext files with kext helper b7

AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext

Natit.kext

repair permissions boot with -f

wait a while, but all i get is black screen with mouse showing

this is my info on my graphics

vendor intel 0x8086

device id 0x2a02

rev id 0x000c

Dell D630

osx 10.5.5

QUICK UPDATE

For those of you trying to do this whith 10.5.5, as you realize you cannot use the graphics update with this copy.

do it manually by using pacifist. give your self access to the required folders and put the files in place. then use to

AppleIntelGMAX3100.zip file and set the corner. at that point it should be working.

QUICK UPDATE

For those of you trying to do this whith 10.5.5, as you realize you cannot use the graphics update with this copy.

do it manually by using pacifist. give your self access to the required folders and put the files in place. then use to

AppleIntelGMAX3100.zip file and set the corner. at that point it should be working.

Can you please tell me how you achieved this?

Hey there everyone. So I have my graphics working OOB from Kalyway 10.5.2 updated to 10.5.3. Here is the readout from System Profiler in regards to graphics

Intel GMA X3100:

Chipset Model:	GMA X3100
 Type:	Display
 Bus:	Built-In
 VRAM (Total):	144 MB
 Vendor:	Intel (0x8086)
 Device ID:	0x2a02
 Revision ID:	0x0003
 Displays:
Display:
 Resolution:	1280 x 800
 Depth:	32-bit Color
 Built-In:	Yes
 Core Image:	Hardware Accelerated
 Main Display:	Yes
 Mirror:	Off
 Online:	Yes
 Quartz Extreme:	Supported
Display Connector:

I am wondering what I should do to get QE working. Comp specs in my sig, if you need more info just ask (and probably tell me how to go about getting it...) Thanks!

I have a problem that no so many Dell owners had. After installing Iatkos (2 to 5) i got half screen working and very stretched. The only iatkos versions that worked for me were 1.0 and 1.0r2. I needed to reinstall. So i decided to install iatkos 5i without any X3100 driver. Then i grabbed Natit.kext and AppleIntelGMAX3100* from a backup i made with the Extensions folder, and placed them into my new install /S/L/E and it worked perfectly.

None of the solutions posted in this thread worked for me (The DSDT worked, but after display sleep, display was garbled). None of the combinations of kexts from this and paulicat thread solved the half screen issue. Just using the only kexts that worked for me. I think they might be 10.5.1 kexts and somepunctualversion of paulicat´s Natit.kext. But i am not that sure, last time i reinstalled was a long time ago.

If someone has that problem (half screen and stretched) i can atach these kexts to see if they work, or not.

I have a problem that no so many Dell owners had. After installing Iatkos (2 to 5) i got half screen working and very stretched. The only iatkos versions that worked for me were 1.0 and 1.0r2. I needed to reinstall. So i decided to install iatkos 5i without any X3100 driver. Then i grabbed Natit.kext and AppleIntelGMAX3100* from a backup i made with the Extensions folder, and placed them into my new install /S/L/E and it worked perfectly.

None of the solutions posted in this thread worked for me (The DSDT worked, but after display sleep, display was garbled). None of the combinations of kexts from this and paulicat thread solved the half screen issue. Just using the only kexts that worked for me. I think they might be 10.5.1 kexts and somepunctualversion of paulicat´s Natit.kext. But i am not that sure, last time i reinstalled was a long time ago.

If someone has that problem (half screen and stretched) i can atach these kexts to see if they work, or not.

Hi slashack,

I have a Dell D630 with 10.5.5. I got the X3100 working (with the external monitor too), using

AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext, AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext and Natit.kext, plus the Expose sleep display

trick. I cannot install the other plugins, otherwise I get only black screens.

Now, everything works fine, but I have no CI nor QE enabled. Can you post your kexts so I can try with

that too? Thanks.