OSX86 10.5 Leo [ToH]-RC2 SSE3/SSE2 Intel Only

theSlug

379 posts in this topic

A simple question, just wanna know if this ISO image will work for me. I have currently running:

1. Tubgirl 10.4.10 on AMD Athlon64 SSE2/3, installed on second primary partition on SATA drive (other is Vista) on the same HDD

2. I tried launching the burnt ISO from 10.4.10 -> system restarts when I click on install icon on DVD, then it boots back to 10.4.10. Tried booting from DVD-ROM -> get SIGSEGV error and it halts.

Any tips ... perhaps other image that will work.

Thank you.

Ok, yesterday I finally got the courage to try and install this release. I put the dvd in, I fired it up and after almost 2 hours I upgraded my Uphuck 10.4.9 P4 SSE2 to Leopard with EVERYTHING working!! Sound,Network, QE/CI, resolution change (I used Natit v0.2) I didn't have to edit anything, it was slow but totally painless. Great Job ToH Team!!.

The only thing that I had problems with yesterday was System Profiler, it keeps crashing. If anybody knows how to fix this I will appreciate if they can show me how.

Thanks Again ToH Team

For you guys who haven't found this guide to fix the System Profiler crashes:

It's for AMD and SSE2 systems.

http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2240

When I try to boot up with the TOH DVD, I get the following screen and the process freezes.

1951428385_35ef3f0a15.jpg

Any suggestions? I am currently running the Xxx 10.4.10 installation on my primary hard drive.

I'm sorry I can't help, but I can confirm that I'm having the same issue on my Thinkpad T43... hopefully someone can help. I've tried various switches... -v -x -legacy -f ... none work here...

I'm sorry I can't help, but I can confirm that I'm having the same issue on my Thinkpad T43... hopefully someone can help. I've tried various switches... -v -x -legacy -f ... none work here...

OK. I know your problem. This problem come up before in my computer. I install ToH and then use ToH patch. The computer come up this problem. This is easy to fix it. When you install ToH finish. Using Brazil patch to patch ToH 1.5. The computer can run 1.5 prefect.

Thanks

it can't boot from dvd, i have burn it, but it hangs on:

"Wating for the root"

Hi, don't know if this was answered yet for you, but I had this problem originally. It was becasue my main HDD was master on primary IDE and the DVD was on Scondary slave. Moved the DVD to primary slave and it went through.

Got some issue while trying to install:

When calculating remaining installation time after (de)selecting the packages it says "Can´t verify some baseinstallation packages. Installation aborted."

Sys Specs:

C2D 6550

4 GB DDR2

160GB Maxtor

ASRock Conroe 1333 DDR 667 (with onboard GMA 950)

Any Ideas out there ????

thanks for your reply

Yes of course

for me its Macintosh X86

but no way

please help me out

---------------

i used brazilmac dvd patched but i dont understood how to apply the other patch

If you have a space in your volume name make sure you use quotes.

"Macintosh X86"

For anyone who is having problems with kernal panics on asus boards... try burning the disc image onto a new dvd. for some reason my first copy of the dvd caused a kernal panic and when i burned another copy it worked perfectly.

I now have everything working. network, internet, sound, QE/CI, resolution switching etc.

has anyone noticed that boot camp assistant is missing or is it just my disc? :rolleyes:

Hi,

I have ToH 10.5 9a581 RC2 on my laptop. After I did a permissions repire using disk utility, I have this msg:

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Is this normal in ToH installation? Does it do anything bad?

Here's my experience:

Toshiba P105-6167

1. Made mistake of resizing Vista partition and do fresh install next to tiger on new partition

2. Lost Tiger partition; couldn't get Leopard on new partition

3. Resized partition under Vista back to Vista/Leo

4. Reinstalled Jas 10.4.8; didn't even boot into

5. Immediately upgraded to ToH

6. Went right in; already sees Vista partition

7. Patched Intel8255 got internet

8. Need to patch USB as under tiger

9. No wifi or sound but at least onboard sound is recognized

Edit: I didn't install the Jas Patch when I did this. I just installed 10.4.8, got panic, then upgraded to 10.5

I've since lost internet. Oh well learning the CLI under OSX

Tried booting this with VMware Server 1.0.4 (Linux), didn't work.

Host:

Intel Pentium 4, 1.3 GHz, SSE2

512 MB RDRAM

NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX-400

Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbons)

VM:

Configuration: Custom

Operating System: Other/FreeBSD

Processors: 1

Memory: 320 MB

Network: Bridged (Worked with Tiger flat)

SCSI I/O Adapter: BusLogic

Virtual Disk Type: SCSI

Virtual Disk Size: 10 GB (preallocated & ~split)

DVD/CDROM drive: ISO, IDE

Sound: Yup

USB: Yup

Boots, loads modules, gets a read/write error twice, kernel panics (/sbin/launchd failed, errno5)

Here's a screenshot

post-154484-1195426900_thumb.png

My apologies if this is the wrong place...I'm new to the forum.

Is there a solution for the installproblem on sse2 machines (boot´s from DVD, after loading the kexts system reboot´s).

The problem is discribed many times here in forum but i can´t find a solution.

i´ve got this problem with brazil edition an toh rc2.

Trying to install on a Latitude C640 (P4M 2.0 Ghz, SSE2)

During my installing, it kinda got hung up and looked like it froze with 7 min left, but i just left it and it finished (go figure). After that nothing except my sound worked. My wireless doesn't work, eventhough it works right out of the box in Tiger. Also, i tried getting my 7600 gt to work. I used NVinject, and got my resolution to change, but not qe/ci yet. :). Also, wont boot without dvd in drive. I tried the post script, and it still didnt work.

Total mac newbie here. I've looked through forums quiet extensively but could not find a good answer. Hopefully someone can help me!

1. how do you download PC-efi v6 ?

2. I've installed ToH RC2 on Dell M1210 (Pressed Enter and not f8 during first prompt) everything went fine but I can't boot. Before it was 'Missing Operating System' now after I put in the code on first page of this thread, I just get a blinking cursor.

tia

HOW TO FIX BLINKING CURSOR (Missing Instructions)

For those who are still getting the blinking cursor, you need to first unmount the drive your trying to run the script.sh on. Unfortunately they failed to mention that part. By default the installer dvd is mounting all drives. For those linux newbies, lets see if i can help.

1. cd /Volumes/

2. ls -l ( you should see the list of drives the installer has auto-mounted)

3. umount <YOUROSXINSTALL>

4. cd /usr/misc

5. ./script.sh <YOUROSXINSTALL>

Reboot once it is done

Thank you very much for the missing ingrient :sorcerer:

Btw, I'm getting NTLDR is missing error after following your script, but I'm pretty sure it's because I've tried to install XP on different partition inbetween my Leopard install and the blinking cursor fix.

My main goal is to dual boot XP and Leopard. What would be the better way to go about doing it? if you could point me to a site that has how-to's or if you could explain it it'd be better since you seem to have very good knowledge about osX86 :thumbsup_anim:

Tia

*UPDATE. your fix did the work! I had to reinstall Leopard, but it's booting up! (Somehow stuck at time and date)

I've looked at EasyBCD and it might do the trick but I need the Vista Boot folder now :)

I've looked at EasyBCD and it might do the trick but I need the Vista Boot folder now :)

I can recommend this tool. The boot folder itself is ~16MB. Go and get yer one :)

As there is hardly a serial encoded you should be able to convince so in your neighbourhood to let you copy the files.

I got this installed on my ASUS P4C800E Deluxe system. This is a pretty compatible MB, considering how old it is! Everything is working except QE/CI video, but I didn't have it 4.9 or 4.10 either. JAS 4.6 QE/CI worked out of the box, however! Radeon X800XT AGP board.

For those having the "Network Cable is unplugged issue", I'm not sure how I fixed it, I tried lots of things. I THINK it was deleting all the extra network connections in System Preferences - just leave Built In Ethernet. I also removed the FW stuff from NetworkInterfaces.plist. Just left the Built In Ethernet stuff.

Of course, Repair Permissions first, then delete Extensions.mkext. It will get recreated immediately, then reboot.

Oh yeah, I couldn't get it to boot at all, until I did an upgrade install. I installed JAS 10.4.6, got it working, then ran the 10.5 install. It boots up fine, didn't even need the ./script.sh thing.

Also having the reboot/shutdown issue, where just the hard drives shutdown, not the whole machine. Not a show stopper for me.

I just want to camp on by saying I finally got this Leopard installed on my PC. I was running Tiger and tried to upgrade with this ToH release, I had nothing but problems. Finally I erased the drive (not reformatted because my dual boot was working fine) and did a clean install. Everything loaded, I downloaded the video drivers for my Nidiva 5200 and printer drivers and BAM! there was nice a shinny OSx86 Leopard. I'm not real skilled with all the unix commands and kext stuff, so this had to be simple for me or I would have said f***k it and stayed with Winblows. My 2 cents is do a "clean install" not an upgrade, thats what working for me. My machine specs are in my sig. A very basic machine.

I love the way this OS looks and functions so far. There are a couple of buggy things, ical won't open, can't get the "About This Mac" splash screen up. But overall a very nice experience. I am going to migrate to a real MAC when I can afford one. Good luck to all who venture out.

I've installed ToH and ran the scipt.sh (with y0jeremy's addition above, THANKS!) and I now have a bootable Leopard install.

It kernel panics during the booting unless I add some options. If I just add "-f" it boots fine and runs for about 8 minutes and then kernel panics during usage. If I have just "-legacy" or "-legacy -f" it runs fine not problems (other than non support GMA900). No crashes, system profiler works, network and sound works. It's great.

I know the -legacy means I might have to tweak my bios. But my question is, what am I hurting/losing if I just continue to use the -legacy option. It forces 32bit mode, but what am I missing. Is it really worth it to tweak the bios? Will anything be gained in doing so?

And if anyone gets GMA900 working, please let me know.

Thanks ToH