Asus P5W DH Deluxe thread for 10.5.x Leo - 10.9.x Mavericks

G5rocks

1,494 posts in this topic

Hello Everybody !

Just upgraded my p5w to 10.7.4/10.8.1 with a ati 6850 recently. I was with 10.6.8 for a long time and I did not expect to find p5w thread still going strong. I got a score of fps=32 from cinebench with edited AGPM. Any idea how to push it higher or just leave it alone (not important).

Glad to be back :)

• 1 month later...

Installed iAtkos L2 and is working only add:

-FakeSMC.kext

-VoodooHDA.kext 2.7.2 version -2.7.3 didnt work

- lan is standard recognized by /System/Library/Extensions/ IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon2.kext

and driver for Ati 4850

with P5W DH DeLuxe - Ati 4850 - OCZ SSD

GOOD COMPATIBLE WITH 10.7.2

tried 2install 10.8 but USB Boot got stucked on EHCI Controller [8086: error

tried USBBusFix=Yes but did not help

anyone?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is the thread with the working fix for iMessage which requires clover efi bootloader: http://www.insanelym...ges-fix-how-to/

It's pretty easy - just download and install clover version 980 or later: http://sourceforge.n...iles/Installer/

For a quick test you can install it on an MBR USB stick (works with standard settings in the installer, I've only added the 64bit USB mouse drivers to mine), there is no need for an extra folder (with clover I can boot from a real Mac's untouched HD) - kexts and DSDT will be placed onto the bootstick (DSDT can be also placed on the root of the system volume, there are folders for kexts for 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8 which is pretty useful) so you don't run into troubles with chameleon. (if for some reasons clover won't boot after a restart just wait some minutes or start with chameleon and delete the NVRAM and boot logs on your HD)

Change the config.plist of clover, this is the config.plist I am currently using (I am using an iMac7,1 smbios, with clover you can fake more of a real mac than with chameleon. That's the reason why I am using the data of an iMac 7,1 to clone my real mac as good as possible - I also flashed the NIC of the P5W DH deluxe to get the identical MAC address):

The red part of the config.plist will fix iMessage - replace bold parts with your own data… and boot twice before trying to use iMessage!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd"> <-- this line is broken because I didn't used the code tags of the forums

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>ACPI</key>

<dict>

<key>GenerateCStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

<key>SystemParameters</key>

<dict>

<key>boot-args</key>

<string>WithKexts npci=0x2000</string>

<key>prev-lang:kbd</key>

<string>en:0</string>

<key>DefaultBootVolume</key>

<string>MountainLion</string>

<key>InjectSystemID</key>

<string>No</string>

<key>LegacyBoot</key>

<string>PBR</string>

<key>iCloudFix</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>CustomUUID</key>

<string>00000000-0000-1000-8000-MAC-Address</string>

</dict>

<key>Pointer</key>

<dict>

<key>Speed</key>

<string>8</string>

</dict>

<key>Graphics</key>

<dict>

<key>GraphicsInjector</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>PatchVBiosBytes</key>

<dict>

<key>Find</key>

<data>gAeoAqAF</data>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>gAeoAjgE</data>

</dict>

</dict>

<key>RtVariables</key>

<dict>

<key>MLB</key>

<string>Your_SERIAL-NUMBER_and_6_additional_digits_123456</string>

<key>ROM</key>

<string>MAC-Address</string>

</dict>

<key>SMBIOS</key>

<dict>

<key>BiosReleaseDate</key>

<string>03/05/08</string>

<key>BiosVendor</key>

<string>Apple Inc.</string>

<key>BiosVersion</key>

<string>IM71.88Z.007A.B03.0803051705</string>

<key>Board-ID</key>

<string>Mac-F42386C8</string>

<key>BoardManufacturer</key>

<key>BoardType</key>

<string>10</string>

<key>BoardVersion</key>

<string>PVT</string>

<key>ChassisAssetTag</key>

<string></string>

<key>ChassisManufacturer</key>

<key>Family</key>

<string>Mac</string>

<key>LocationInChassis</key>

<string>Part Component</string>

<key>Manufacturer</key>

<key>Mobile</key>

<string>No</string>

<key>ProductName</key>

<string>iMac7,1</string>

<key>SerialNumber</key>

<string>YOUR_SERIAL_NUMBER</string>

<key>Version</key>

<string>1.0</string>

</dict>

</dict>

</plist>

Screenshot of clover's EFI folder showing the kexts I am using (I'm using USB-sound btw) and where to place your DSDT:

clovere.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

the following part has nothing to do with clover and/or iMessage, it's just for those which are interested and too lazy to google for it:

BTW: if for some reasons you also want to flash your NIC to change the MAC Address just download the Marvell yukonvpd.exe: http://www.gigabyte....vell_eeprom.zip

Copy it on a bootable DOS USB-Stick, boot the stick and type:

to list the indexnumber of the two ethernet interfaces: yukonvpd -l

to change you MAC: yukonvpd -x <Indexnumber 1st interface> -M XXXXXXXXXXXX

more info here: http://forum.pfsense...=20095.335;wap2

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

never mind, I found out that the voodoo drivers work .Sure they kernel panicked my 10.7 install but they seem good now. Thanks to whoever made them :)

Do we all have all the onboard USB ports working?

Hi!

I am builidng my second hackintosh. The first one was simple based on recommended modern parts. Now I would like to put together something of older reused parts. I found myself an Asus P5W DH Deluxe and a Geforce 8600GT borad and started off. The BIOS was upgraded to latest, 3002.

I installed it and then struggled with a post installer to get everything working. But whatever I did, it got me into "PCI configuration begin hang" at bootup. Then I used MyHack 3.1.2 and finally it was able to bootup from harddrive (after patching the bootsector, God knows why)

Then I started to fiddle with the DSDT. Applying all sorts of patches and the numer of problems found in the log file from the kernel decreased.

I have some remaining problems though:

1. Sound only works with VooDooHDA. But I have KP at boot up quite often with that kext installed. So I would like to have a patched AppleHDA or something for the ALC882. I have patched the DSDT with HDEF patches. But there are other parts that I don't really understand yet with AppleHDA patching so if someone already done it I would appreciate some help!

2. Speedstepping dont work (any longer). I managed to have speedstepping working when I had nullCPUPowerManagement.kext. But since it refused to sleep. I applied more patches to the DSDT and then finally ApplIntelCPUPowerManagement seems to start working. I.e. it could sleep. But then it could not speedstep. And performance was significantly lower. By changing the type of computer in the SMBIOS to MacPro 3,1 speedstepping started to work again!

3. Wake-up doesn't work. It goes into sleep. The power-led is blinking. All fans stop. But it is impossible to wake it up. Maybe there is some thing to configure in the BIOS, but I have seen guide that I followed closely for this mobo when configuring the BIOS so I think it should be allright. I changed the BIOS setting "USB legacy support" to off an then it wakes up perfectly. However then I cannot use the keyboard in the Chameleon boot loader. I tried USBBusFix=yes but it didn't change it.

Any input is highly appreciated!

/Mattis

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank You guys, you're great!

I've got a rig almost perfect!

There's only one thing left behind. The Firewire.

With Lion I lost the firewire recognition, as in Mountain Lion.

Is there any solution for that?

Hi

using mine DSDT and  P5W HDEF DSDT EDIT.rtf from p5w.zip compiled and placed in extra folder i have firewire with mavericks 10.9

• 3 weeks later...

Happy to report, working OSX 10.8ML on my P5W DH Deluxe (see my signature for specs)

(easy)install method: myhack installer

graphics enabler = Yes

bootloader chimera from [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] 5.5.5

with DSDT from [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] (needed it to get USB2 going)

kexts from myHack:

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

FakeSMC.kext

lispcidrv.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

patched10.7_AppleRTC/kext

S/L/E myHack.kext

USB2.0 with genericUSBXHCI.kext ([url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url])

sleep with sleepenabler.kext

change faulty orange icons with proper disk icons for HDD's, with IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

sound with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] Voodoo HDA 0.2.7.3 kext - !!! I would love to get the ALC882 working with patched appleHDA.kext, but still no luck)

not working:

(only in 32-Bit modus) Wifi RTL8187 buildin chipset 

not confirmed yet:

Firewire

Pretty good for this old mobo setup, me thinks ;)