Will you use 2D or 3D dock on bottom?

vassillios

Will you use 2D or 3D dock on bottom?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Will you use 2D or 3D dock on bottom?

• 2D
    • 3D

30 posts in this topic

To be able to use the 2D dock, you need to open terminal.app (Applications->Utilities) and enter the following 2 commands :

defaults write com.apple.dock no-glass -boolean YES

and

killall Dock

(Thanks to the image on macrumours)

The thing about using 2D on the bottom is that those who have problems with the shadows in the 3D dock won't have to worry about them now. I kinda like the look of the 2D dock.

Oh yeah, if you enter those commands to 2D, how do you get 3D back if you end up preferring it over the 2D? thanks

The thing about using 2D on the bottom is that those who have problems with the shadows in the 3D dock won't have to worry about them now. I kinda like the look of the 2D dock.

Oh yeah, if you enter those commands to 2D, how do you get 3D back if you end up preferring it over the 2D? thanks

It´s a boolean value, so just change that YES to a NO.

I hate the look of the 3D dock! At first, it looked cool, but now it's just too much... Icon-reflection, windows-reflection, silly S-curve-reflection, dumb-perspective-thing....

IT'S TOO F***ING MUCH!

The 2D dock is soo much nicer!

I hate the look of the 3D dock! At first, it looked cool, but now it's just too much... Icon-reflection, windows-reflection, silly S-curve-reflection, dumb-perspective-thing....

IT'S TOO F***ING MUCH!

The 2D dock is soo much nicer!