Official mac.nub 10.4.10 Intel ONLY x86 Install DVD v1, Rev. 5 [EN] - Discussion Thread

mac.nub

722 posts in this topic

how do u erase the hdd plz?

When you finally get to the installer, wait for the bar at the top to appear.

When it does, click utilities, then disk utility.

Once it opens and finishes scanning for drives, right click on the drive you want to erase, then click erase from the menu.

When the new window opens, click erase at the bottom. once it erases, just close the disk utility and continue with the install.

Now I just wish someone would help me. I've posted all my comp specs a few pages back.

HELP!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!

This looks like a great release (on paper), except for the fact that I can't get it to install.

I've had JaS 10.4.8 running fine (mostly) on this PC (see my sig below).

Have also tried installing Kalyway 10.4.10 with this same exact following problem when

I start the boot process:

Scenario 1:

- Put install disk in my Lite-On SATA DVD drive (AHCI enabled)

- Set JMicron controller to Disabled in BIOS

Boot process stops & I Get:

"USB caused wake event (EHCI)" Then about a minute later, "still waiting for root device"

Mind you, this is with AHCI enabled for my SATA controller

Scenario 2:

- Set JMicron controller to Enabled in BIOS (AHCI enabled)

"USB caused wake event (EHCI)" Then right below this comes up:

"Panic (cpu 0 caller 0x001a3129): unresolved kernel trap (CPU 0 Type 14=Page Fault), Registers:

CR0: a bunch of numbers here CR2: a bunch of numbers here CR3: a bunch of numbers here CR4: a bunch of numbers here

EAX: a bunch of numbers here EBX: a bunch of numbers here ECX: a bunch of numbers here EDX: a bunch of numbers here

CR2: a bunch of numbers here EBP: a bunch of numbers here ESI: a bunch of numbers here EDI: a bunch of numbers here

EFL: a bunch of numbers here EIP: a bunch of numbers here CS: a bunch of numbers here DS: a bunch of numbers here

Debugger called: <panic>

Backtrace, format-frame:

Return address (4 potential args on stack) a bunch of numbers here

Backtrace terminated - invalid frame pointer 0x0"

Anybody know what's going on?

Mac.nub... I have a problem. :unsure:

I burned the image to a blank DVD, booted up from the disk, and got to the installation part...but part-way through the installation of the base system, it tells me to "Try Installing Again" and I have never been able to move any farther from that.

I've tried Upgrading it from my old MAC OS X (10.4.7), and have also tried Installing it on a clean Partition, but neither has seemed to work. I also got the exact same thing when I tried to Upgrade from 10.4.7 to 10.4.8 (and to 10.4.9 being curious).

Can you help me???

Thanks!

Is there anyone who might be able to solve my situation? I'm really excited for this release, because the Screenshots look awesome...but I keep getting stuck on trying to Upgrade to 10.4.10!!! I'll be waiting...

Thanks! :rolleyes:

P4 2.5ghz 845 + ich4 chipset. Jas 10.4.8 works great on this rig. it is a shuttle 2b51g. worked with everything except edit of kext for my ti 4200 nvidia card and developer usb drivers for keyboard/mouse. now with the mac.nub disk, none of the kernels work for me. I am getting kernal panics after finishing install and reboot. tried sse2 and universal kernels. any idea which options to choose? I am going to do a clean install of 10.4.8 jas and play with a few of the upgrade patches at this time. hope to get it sorted and looking forward to ur next release mac.nub. Maybe when i get my new rig it will work better... looking forward to anything u put out and I appreciate the effort...

I did the install natively. I have 2 HD so in one of them i have 10.4.9 the other was empty so i formated the empty one to be not as GUID but as MBR cause i was having the blinking dot problem (-) after install that many people were having. just get the disk utility and go to partition on the disk you want to and choose options and you will see the option to make the partition MBR.like that there wont be any blinking (-) after you do the install and restart your computer

I made it this way and I still got the error of the blinking -

Any other sugestions?

With JaS 10.4.7 it worked correctly, I installed this one because I needed the update, and now I have nothing...

DONE!

I have reset everything... New partition with the Disk Utility.

Those with Celeron on Intel 845GEBV2 board can use the following:

- Select SSE3 and its patches.

- Select the 3 packages for the SSE2 Only

- Sound is ADI1980 AC97

- USB 2.0 configured setting the BIOS to USB 2.0 Legacy: Full Speed (Otherwise will not recognize the USB2 Hard Disk)

- Video: Will work without any other package to 1280x1024 setting the "Graphics Mode" line on the Startup. However, if anyone can give me a hint on how to resolve 1280x720 I will appreciate it. (I dont like the appeareance of 1280x1024 on a Wide Screen)

My Realtek Lan works with the PCGeneric Realtek8139 Ethernet.

Bye!

Hi:

Not working... yet.

I got the black screen with the cursor blinking. I understand it could be many things...

Starting point: My PC worked with Jas 10.4.8, with no changes.

I want to install it in a disk with no other operating systems... So, I got a clean DD IDE.

My Pc is a CELERON on an Intel 845GEBV2 board with everything integrated, except a Realtek Lan that works without any problem.

When Installing (I had a mix of selections performed) I see a recourring error that comes from the install Log:

Couyld not determine if partition needs bootloader.

Partition is not MBR \n

Can't set active boot partition as dev/disk0s2

I suspect it could be an error of the partitioning... But I have played with the Disk Utility to recreate everything.

Sorry if it sounds trivial for some of you... but can you give me a hand on this please?

Thank you!

Very Nice install on my Dell E520. I was impressed that QE worked immediately -- especially as I haven't gotten this working before.

One question: I installed on external drive which worked. However, the ICH8R patch was insufficient by itself to recognize my internal disks after installation. Does another patch need to be applied with this?

EDIT -- sata/pata driver must be installed with ich8r. Confirmed working.

A few suggestions:

1) I already suggested tulip.kext for more ethernet cards, available here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=6115

EDIT -- tulip.kext confirmed working with macdotnub

2) Additionally, for your driver update, you might want Sigmatel 9227 kext. The stac9227_83847618 file posted here works in Kalyway; I will test on your install as soon as I get ich8r working.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=231456

EDIT -- above Sigmatel 9227 kext confirmed working.

3) Option to install MacFuse would be helpful.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Well done with your release mac.nub ;)

You had written in response to one of my questions...

Vimes - The audio driver isn't built in, however as far as I'm aware installation on your motherboard should be fine, I'm pretty sure I added ICH9 SATA support to the installer... if not, let me know and i'll release a PPF that adds it.

Well sadly I did try the SATA drive on either IDE mode or AHCI on the SATA controller to find that the same message applies...

" Still waiting for root device "

I assume that the IC9H controller is not supported, at least on my Gigabyte P35 board...?

Hey

just downloaded and burnt the iso. it runs and i select my language then hit continue then next again to the select volume section but there is nothing there. i have 3 hard drives connected that all show up in windows explorer when i boot into windows, my bootable hard drive has a windows install on it.

also on the system profiler my 250gb ata hdd shows as a 138gb hdd and i also have a 20gb ata hdd connected but there is a random 1.88gb ata device found too which is weird.

anyone got any ideas? do they need to be formated in a certain way?

thanks

Dan

Doesnt work with my 680i ;)

This is my config :

Q6700 , Nforce 680i , 320 GB SATA HDD , 8800 GTX ,

When i start the install i need to Erase the first partion of the HDD for MACOSX , but when i click on erase it sits there forever.

HDD is a SATA hdd , no idea no matter how may times i9 try its the same thing.Any help would be great

Hey

I have the same issue as you do. U wanna pop in an IDE hdd and try it out? I also have sata dvd rws.

I could not even initialize a partition with the damned install dvd because it would just sit forever. I used fdisk in a gentoo boot cd to set the partition type to (AF).

I am not too sure if the nforce kernel is the one that boots with the install dvd.

There should also be a command to set what kernel to boot from since there aer multiple ones on the DVD

Hey

just downloaded and burnt the iso. it runs and i select my language then hit continue then next again to the select volume section but there is nothing there. i have 3 hard drives connected that all show up in windows explorer when i boot into windows, my bootable hard drive has a windows install on it.

also on the system profiler my 250gb ata hdd shows as a 138gb hdd and i also have a 20gb ata hdd connected but there is a random 1.88gb ata device found too which is weird.

anyone got any ideas? do they need to be formated in a certain way?

thanks

Dan

Erase the one you want to install to with disk utility

- Dragonshadow

HELP!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!

This looks like a great release (on paper), except for the fact that I can't get it to install.

I've had JaS 10.4.8 running fine (mostly) on this PC (see my sig below).

Have also tried installing Kalyway 10.4.10 with this same exact following problem when

I start the boot process:

Scenario 1:

- Set JMicron controller to Disabled in BIOS

"USB caused wake event (EHCI)" Then about a minute later, "still waiting for root device"

Mind you, this is with AHCI enabled for my SATA controller

Scenario 2:

- Set JMicron controller to Enabled in BIOS (AHCI enabled)

"USB caused wake event (EHCI)" Then right below this comes up:

"Panic (cpu 0 caller 0x001a3129): unresolved kernel trap (CPU 0 Type 14=Page Fault), Registers:

CR0: a bunch of numbers here CR2: a bunch of numbers here CR3: a bunch of numbers here CR4: a bunch of numbers here

EAX: a bunch of numbers here EBX: a bunch of numbers here ECX: a bunch of numbers here EDX: a bunch of numbers here

CR2: a bunch of numbers here EBP: a bunch of numbers here ESI: a bunch of numbers here EDI: a bunch of numbers here

EFL: a bunch of numbers here EIP: a bunch of numbers here CS: a bunch of numbers here DS: a bunch of numbers here

Debugger called: <panic>

Backtrace, format-frame:

Return address (4 potential args on stack) a bunch of numbers here

Backtrace terminated - invalid frame pointer 0x0"

Anybody know what's going on?

I get the same thing with my installation... i cant boot so i tried a old distro 10.4.8 and works fine, just need sound and SATA support (installing right now) and back to normal.. i cant upgrade neither

I get to "select Destination" and it doesn't show any of my hard drives. What should i do?
You need to format one of your partitions as a Mac Partition. Go into the Disk Utility during the setup to do the format... :)
Is there anyone who might be able to solve my situation? I'm really excited for this release, because the Screenshots look awesome...but I keep getting stuck on trying to Upgrade to 10.4.10!!! I'll be waiting...Thanks! :(
Still no one to solve my situation? Is there no one to explain why it always asks me to "Try Installing Again"? :unsure:
You need to format one of your partitions as a Mac Partition. Go into the Disk Utility during the setup to do the format... :)Still no one to solve my situation? Is there no one to explain why it always asks me to "Try Installing Again"? :unsure:
(I can never seem to get past 10.4.7 in updating)

i have a dell inspiron 1520 (core 2 duo) and it doesn't recognize my hard drive either...any help?

Have you tried formatting a partition, or the whole drive in Disk Utility? I guess the first question I should ask, is does it come up on the left when you run Disk Utility. Mac won't recognize certian partitions of drives that aren't formatted in a certain format (ex. Windows Partitions)

Hope that helps...

...Still looking for an explanation on the whole "Try Installing Again" window, while the Install Disk is attempting to install Base System 1

..any help would be greatly appreciated... :(

i got it installed now on my Dell XPS M1710 now, but i got some problems now

i cant connect to the wireless internet, and i got no sound :S

do you know why it isnt working ?

if you could tell me i would be very happy :(

hey just wanted to say thanks again mac.nub. IBM's apparently aren't the prime choice for this, but after some scrounging and patience i've got all but sound working. ...anyone having trouble should just keep calm and keep searching, it'll work eventually. :(

same here on my IBM T-60 widescreen laptop. everything works fine EXCEPT the sound.

I'm still very happy. this versin that mac.nub made has worked the best for me. :unsure: