Official mac.nub 10.4.10 Intel ONLY x86 Install DVD v1, Rev. 5 [EN] - Discussion Thread

mac.nub

722 posts in this topic

Just a quick update to say mine's working supremely well (except QE/CI) ...just a few quick tips:

-- blinking cursor/black screen after install: reformat the drive and use MBR partition map

-- SSE2 issues: i ran into some issues with the system stopping and forcing me to reboot during the grey apple screen. i never actually booted in verbose mode, but this is what i did to fix.

1. run a bare install with the base system, 10.4.10 Intell SSE3 Kernel and essential patches, nforce & recommended patches defaults.
  2. boot the system (never made it past the grey apple screen, but no forced reboots either)
  3. shutdown the system and re run the install, de-selecting everything but the 8.9.1 Universal Kernel & patches (for sse2).
  4. Boot the system and everything starts up fine.
  5. You might try the various drivers in the installer, but none seemed to work in my case. I scanned the {censored} out of the genius bar and found all of the necessary drivers and fixes needed for my laptop.

System: IBM t43, 2GHz, 2GB Ram, 80GB disk

hth- thad

"Still waiting for root device" ...

only in this and kalyway 9a527 leopard release

i know that is something about ich9 and my mobo but how can i bypass this?

i tried also with jmicron disabled ,disks not to IDE but no luck

anyone?

i'd like to check this rls also cause i need to try 8500GT (and maybe others) with 8.10.1 kernel

i assume this is a 10.4.10 release ,right?

Hey,

Everything is going well with this release. Pretty good one, btw. Even sleep is working.

I got a Acer Aspire 5602 WLMi: Intel Core Duo 1.66ghz, 1 gb RAM, Intel GMA 950. Wireless is not working, drivers are in development.

Just a few notes:

- drivers for ALC883 should have 2 options for 3 ports and other 2 for 6 ports - the setup had 4 options with 6 ports;

- the icon for laptop battery is always in "wait, loading..", and shows no battery information. Dunno how to fix this. Installed all laptop and power patches.

PFG job mac.nub!

If SATA is set to AHCI mode and then booting from DVD, then it posts - cant find apple.bootlist.plist or something like that, any idea whats now ?

i have the same mobo, and i had the same problem. i guessed it had to do with me using an ide dvd rom. anyway set everything in bios back to ide and then install it. after osx is installed reboot and go into the bios and set it to ahci mode. everything should be fine after that.

Blackchungo has pkg'd the Dictionary fix that we mentioned earlier in this thread. It is located on the GrDem and will work for both Mac.Nub's install and the XxX install.

Got Dictionary working, just copied the Support folder that was missing from mac.nub's, from a Tiger CD using Pacifist.

Hello.

I just wanted to say I love your release. It is SO small, which makes it great for us peoples w/o a fast internet connection. I downloaded it in 7 hours going approx. 50kb/s!

Second off, everything works perfectly. The driver and patches and things I chose worked fine. For the first time in my life, I can select my correct resolution (w/o having to download a 4 gig ISO!)

Thanks for all your hard work!

Once i have ran the installation and my computer restarts is that it shud osx then boot from my hdd?

its an old hdd i have in my house do i need to change jumpers or bios to get it to work

atm i have ran the install but nothing happens :S

these are questions and loadsa people have done it so cud you just post a quick reply if you knoe any of the answers thanks

My NVIDIA 6600GT works perfectly with this as long as you select the driver.

Sound isn't working, AC'97 Integrated Audio. Help? I believe it's supposed to work OOTB.

Networking works fine, not sure what type of network hardware i have.

My motherboard is a D845PT (I think).

Upon startup, I guess I get a kernel panic (black screen w/various code), Getting a little frustrated at this

point. Any suggestions? Here are the specs of my laptop.

1.6GHz AMD Turion™ 64 Mobile Processor ML-28

60GB 5400RPM (SATA)

ATI Radeon Xpress 200m

Any help is greatly appreciated!

so ...

31 pages..

i'm sure that the half of them are with the problem "still waiting for root device" after firmware/usb intiallize message

i'm also sure that all of them have p35 (abit,asus,gigabite) boards with ich9,jmicron controller etc

but as i said and others did we disabled it from bios and set the disks to AHCI

i also gave another clue that it happens also with the kalyway leopard DVD ,at the same point and the same mobo

did anybody manage to install it that had the problems?

i wrote the DVD in 4x speed so it's not about the speed etc

and it's not the 1st osx i burn

so far i think i must have about 50GB of different osx86 dvds (starting from 10.4.1) and all of them installed ok

only this and kalyway leopard ,but i;m most interested to install this

can somebody help?

i'll reboot now and change some things in bios ,if i manage to solve it i'll repost

Hey i have this installed and fully working its just why can't i install anything that has the .dmg extension? the Diskimagemounter wont opening saying that it's not configured properly.

Any ideas?