Official Uphuck v1.4i 10.4.9 Installation DVD thread

Erhnam

398 posts in this topic

MS Office 2004 installed without any problem. Did you installed something else that caused the crash?

Hey Baron, how did you get MS Office to install? I have the original disk and it looks like it's installing, but none of the apps work. Tried it 3 times. I thought it might be because I used KoolKal's 10.4.10 update, but I notice you did too. I got around the issue by installing the PC version of Office 2007 on my Parallels VM. But I would like to get 2004 working if it's possible. Thanks.

office.tiff

hey what drivers did you use?

For my dell e510, I used:

Main System

Remove CPU Power Management.kext

ICH7

ICH8

ICH8R

USB Driver

All NTFS-3G stuff

Intel Pro/100 VE, had to add device id of 0x27dc8086 to AppleIntel8255x.kext

For video I used script from http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...600+dvd+package with Callisto and koverg patch.

I haven't worked on getting sound to work yet.

Reinstall again. I had that happen once today and I reinstalled. Probably need to erase and reinstall from scratch to be safe.

I have installed several times. It always works until it tells me to reboot, when I restart it it has to boot from the DVD and it can't find the file. I have to get this working. Because it won't let me reinstall windows.

Damn. .this stuff is really starting to kick my butt and get above my knowledge threshold.

But basically I think I've installed it about 6 or 7 times now and regardless I still get the "Still waitng for root device". I googled the {censored} out of it and it seems that no one really has a way to beat it - except install to hard disk in vmware and even that isn't a guaranteed thing.

I am hoping one of you genius's can shed some light on where I'm going wrong.

The last release I got working was Jas's 10.4.8

P4P800SE Asus Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz mobo/proc

1gb ram - shouldn't matter

sata drive 250 - but I don't see how this would be the problem as it starts to read it - than decides to stop. . .

I'm not really sure of anymore information to give that will help you help me. If you can even shed some light on anything I'd appreciate it.

@dlee2011 - why can't you "reinstall windows" - it can't stop you. it might not let you boot to windows because you messed up your boot flag/mbr and to fix that just download the live cd that they suggested you get before you install mac.

@dlee2011 - why can't you "reinstall windows" - it can't stop you. it might not let you boot to windows because you messed up your boot flag/mbr and to fix that just download the live cd that they suggested you get before you install mac.

well I erased al of the mac but when I put in my tisiba recovery disc it can't initialize the HDD and that live Cd of Gparted won't load up either

All of you guys with the /com.apple.Boot.plist error need to either reburn the DVD or try using a different DVD drive in your computer. I got the error like 4 times in a row in the same drive then moved it to a different drive and didn't get the error again. Then I rebooted later with the dvd in the other drive (the first one that errored) and it went through fine. It's just something tricky with the dvd disc.

All of you guys with the /com.apple.Boot.plist error need to either reburn the DVD or try using a different DVD drive in your computer. I got the error like 4 times in a row in the same drive then moved it to a different drive and didn't get the error again. Then I rebooted later with the dvd in the other drive (the first one that errored) and it went through fine. It's just something tricky with the dvd disc.

and what if I don't have another drive to use

What are the disadvantages of not having Rosetta installed for the 1.4ix version? What are some popular "PPC applications" that will not function with this Uphuck build?

Office 2004 still PPC, so it needs rosetta in order to function. However, I'm having that problem with 1.4i version, which is supposed to support rosetta:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=57784

Whew - finally got it to all work now if only I could find drivers to my sil3114 card :-(. . .

I'm glad I fricken just kept reading and googling and reading and googling - you really can figure out pretty much all your problems just by doing that. Except for the new rosmerta stuff - but that is a whole new ball game there.

For now the only problems I have are toast 8, can't get it to install so I think I'll try another copy or try toast 7. . no big deal here though. Just the sil3114 cards - and then I'm good.

Thanks to everyone on here. . you guys are awesome.

hello can some one help me i installed it but it is not booting of it and first a black logo was comming up which sed restart can some one plz help me on wat to select on the menu My computer is a intel pentuim D advent t9208.

Well then could you maybe take a sentence or two to help us or point us to where we could find more information!

Thanks,

D

To fix the plist error, just create a new partition and under the options select the master boot record.

Would have been nice if instead of throwing insults people could have just typed that.

Hi All,

I used uphuck 10.4.9 1.4i to install Mac OS X on my laptop - Asus A8Js (Intel Core Duo with i945PM chipset).

The install went well, but after reboot I faced a problem - Setup Assistant crushes (I can only boot in single user mode).

With uphuck 10.4.9 1.3 I don't have this problem.

Has anyone had anything similar? Is there any workaround known?

@ everyone with unsupported/trouble nForce 4 SATA Controller version.

Think I found a easy and affordable way to bypass this.

Tested and working with osx86 uphuck v1.3 and V1.4i

You need:

~ Affordable PCI SATA Controller with SiI chipset 3512 (€22,0 my case with 1 internal, 1 external port PCI host) this one: VANTEC UGT-ST300 find info here http://www.vantecusa.com/product-peripheral.html# this one accept SATA and SATA2 HDD's max transfer rate is 1.5GB/s, plugged with my HDD's Western Digital 16MB cache run 33MB/s with osx86 and 25MB/s with Vista

~ PCI slot available

~ to know Device and Vendor ID's (my case VEN_1095, Dev_3512 - yrs the same for chipset SiI 5312)

~ go System/Library/Extensions/AppleVIAATA.kext/Contents edit info.plist add ID this way:

- drag info.plist to desktop open with Textedit

- find

<string>AppleVIAATARoot</string>

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x31491106 0x00e310de 0x005410de 0x005510de</string>

- add your ID,s (care to NOT change the info.plist format

- save

- drag changed info.plist back to Contents / type password / replace yes

~ open Terminal

type or copy/past this lines followed by enter

sudo su (enter password)

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleVIAATA*

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleVIAATA*

sudo rm -f /Library/Preferences/com.apple.window*

rm -f ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.window*

rm -f ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.pref*

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

~ Close Terminal and open Disk Utility

~ Repair Permissions

~ Shut Down

~ Connect a SATA or SATA2 HDD to PCI host internal port

~ Start your box

~ Hit Del or whatever to enter BIOS and set to boot from the new HDD and save/reboot

~ Insert uphuck DVD

~ tell me you are happy

~ thank uphuck/turk team

~ pass this info

~ do not forget to mention me Carlos Pombo

hey kozlowski how u doin'? I sold my ipw3945 about 4 months ago. bcm4311(12$) and Atheros 5006eg(50$), both running perfect with v1.3 and 1.4 series out of box..

people having problems with office 2004, do not install it with the pkg installer in v1.3 dvd, install it from its orginal package or from .dmg that u got from somewhere else, then it will sure work..

1.4i has rosetta and you can run powerpc applications with it but according to the feedbacks I got and tests I made, some older PPC apps may crash (ie:old amsn plugin installer, saft installer for safari3). I recovered that crashes, added some id's in order all ich8 chipsets to have success with it, added patched ionetworking as a package for applications like fcp6 to success. I will release 1.4i2 soon.

from 1.4i readme

Unsuccessful Installation and Related Symptoms:

1- I get a blinking Cursor after Installation:

--> Your partition that OSX is instaled is not active and containing no Boot Flag.

~ Use Gparted Live cd and by using harddrive manager set "Boot Flag" to the OSX partition.

--> Your partition table type should be other than MBR (Apple type or guid)

~ Use Gparted Live cd for partitioning and set disk type to msdos or choose MBR type when partitioning with diskutil.

--> You might be using Jmicron Sata controller or such controller that is not supported or you may not selected the right driver for your controller ex. viaata for sb4xx series.

~ Try using other controllers or select the driver at install if yours is supported.

2- I get the error "com.apple.Boot.plist is not found" after installation.

--> Your partition that OSX is instaled is not active and containing no Boot Flag.

~ Use Gparted Live cd and by using harddrive manager set "Boot Flag" to the OSX partition.

--> You might be using Jmicron Sata controller or such controller that is not supported or you may not selected the right driver for your controller ex. viaata for sb4xx series.

~ Try using other controllers or select the driver at install if yours is supported.

3- I get the error "com.apple.Boot.plist is not found" while booting the DVD

--> You are probably trying to boot from damn jmicron ide.

~ You should use usb dvd rom drive, or need sata-ide convertor for your dvd rom drive. (See Known Issues #2)

Hello uphuck,

Is there a way to install OSx over firewire assuming i have the contents of the installation dvd on a hfs partition on the firwire drive?

hey kozlowski how u doin'? I sold my ipw3945 about 4 months ago. bcm4311(12$) and Atheros 5006eg(50$), both running perfect with v1.3 and 1.4 series out of box..

people having problems with office 2004, do not install it with the pkg installer in v1.3 dvd, install it from its orginal package or from .dmg that u got from somewhere else, then it will sure work..

1.4i has rosetta and you can run powerpc applications with it but according to the feedbacks I got and tests I made, some older PPC apps may crash (ie:old amsn plugin installer, saft installer for safari3). I recovered that crashes, added some id's in order all ich8 chipsets to have success with it, added patched ionetworking as a package for applications like fcp6 to success. I will release 1.4i2 soon.

Unsuccessful Installation and Related Symptoms:

1- I get a blinking Cursor after Installation:

--> Your partition table type should be other than MBR (Apple type or guid)

~ Use Gparted Live cd for partitioning and set disk type to msdos or choose MBR type when partitioning with diskutil.

2- I get the error "com.apple.Boot.plist is not found" after installation.

3- I get the error "com.apple.Boot.plist is not found" while booting the DVD

--> You are probably trying to boot from damn jmicron ide.

~ You should use usb dvd rom drive, or need sata-ide convertor for your dvd rom drive. (See Known Issues #2)

Thanks uphuck, I appreciate that there are people out there doing this.

v1.3 was a total failure for my machine, but 1.4i was so close. It works just fine if you install it correctly, unfortunately i'm not sure how to get either my laptop's broadcom 440x lan, intel pro 3945 wireless, or my "Intel high definition audio device." If I could get the sound and either of my network possibilities working i'd be dumping windows forever. Other than that, this release worked flawlessly for me.