Official Uphuck v1.4i 10.4.9 Installation DVD thread

Erhnam

398 posts in this topic

Alrighty Upchuck . .

I have the SIL3114 card and I initially had 3 drives plugged into it. All NTFS

It only recognized two. . I ran updates and now I come back and they are all gone.

I have found them again in the APPLE> About> More Info under SATA. ..

again there are only 2 - which is fine cuz the 3rd isn't really that important - but I can't find how to mount them. . . will continue to google.

EDIT:

I found the disk utility(accidentally of course) and tried mounting the volume. . it tries to - and than it just stops. It also won't let me mount another partition on the same drive as the OSX install - which also happens to be NTFS.. So basically at this point I'm thinking that it's not the driver at all . . driver is fine because the OS continues to recognize the drives . but won't let it mount them. I think the NTFS driver might be messed up so I'm gonna try finding something about that.

I got no SiS965 SATA working on 1.3. The SATA controller ID is 0x01821039. It works after including the ID into the plist. I hope the ID is already there in next releases.

upchuck. . yes I see them as unmounted in diskutil and when I try to mount them it tries for like 2 seconds and then it just stops. . I can't afford to erase them.

One is my music/ Programs and the other is the other half of my music / video's.

Well actually I guess I could take the 1 drive that isn't important and switch the sata cables. . yeah I'll do that.

Until then - if it helps - Only ports 0 and 1. . the ones on the End of the pci card are the one's read. The ones on the top/side(directly across from pci slot) are the ones that don't get read.

EDIT: If I erase and format to Mac OSX - it's fine - it'll mount. If I do a MS-DOS partition - it'll work. . . so I'm still back to the NTFS driver is all messed up. . any idea's how I could even attempt to fix it?

@bauzer71487 one more try if you dont have important data on it of course :)you can format it to fat32 with gparted live cd or by windows and then mount it on osx or format it on osx

--------

ntfs and ntfs-3g driver in osx is ok, it is probably because of the file systems on that disks need to be checked by windows and also it can be because of viaata 3114 support is not working as well..

--------

@bizkut did you add id to viaata?

alright upchuck. I created 6 volumes in windows.

Primary Fat

Primary Fat 32

Primary NTFS

Logical Fat

Logical Fat 32

Logical NTFS

The only one's that posted and mounted is the Fat/Fat32's. . meaning 4 volume's mounted. Neither NTFS has mounted. . I'm still thinking the NTFS drivers are just f'd.

I can mount/unmount any of the fat/fat32's drives. . but as soon as I touch the NTFS drives it won't do {censored} for me.

@ uphuck

ASUS P5PE-VM mini atx with graphics on board

INTEL single core Pentium 4 3.2 ghz

panic 1st try (wrong patchs selection)

runing at 2nd try

USB all working

4 SATA 2 working

Standard VGA Graphics Adapter DEV_2572,VEN_8086 working 1024x768 changed resolution by editing com.apple.Boot.plist

Ethernet Marvell Yukon 88E8001 after inserting skge.kext /System/Library/Extensions/ working

eSATA 2 ports PCI card chipset SiI 3132 working DEV_3112,VEN_1095 working

eSATA (chipset Silicon Image SiI 3512) Silicon Image SiI 3512 DEV_3512,VEN_1095 working (needs to add device ID to via kexts)

SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio DEV_24D5,VEN_8086 wroking sound out thru mic line in, I beleave it is possible to fix sound out and mic in because if playng with Audio MIDI setup we can move slides booth sound in and out. Remember i've read something about to fix this but can't remember where.

aparentelly 1.4 have less conflicts.

I like it

As usual

TKS

carlos

PS - As this is an inexpensive mobo doesNOT need graphics card can use a bargain CPU have 4 SATA2 connections, 2 DDR400 dimms and is very small, here it is a starting pointo to ppl getting started. The draw back is no sound out. if anybody knows how to fix ACL888 Audio, let me know.

please,please 'Carlos Pombo' or uphuck- what can I do? I have the same motherboard and also a coreDuo cpu and 1 gb ram- but the install fail in whatever combinations ??!!

thanks a lot for any help!

beside- I have all uphuck releases on rapidshare.com

@uphuck yes I am manually adding the ID to AppleVIAATA.kext Indo.plist but after the install. I need to install the system into an IDE disk first with decent speed then enabling the SATA. It would be nice if I can install the system into SATA natively.

I've got a problem with r2. Boots and installs from the DVD but when booting from the HD, it gets stuck after

using 2621 buffer headers and 2621 cluster IO buffer headers

It just stays there, no more messages.

Pentium M 1,6 GHz, i915gm chipset, GMA900.

Hi everyone!

I tried to install 1,2 1,3 and 1,4 but have the same problem - installation goes fine, but after reboot when should appear wizard, appears login window. And I can't enter to the system because no user is made. I tried to install over the Jas 1048 and the result is same. Help me please!!!!

@ Artmusic

you have a intel 915 chipsett

so not forget to select IOATAFamily kernel extension

and read carefully uphuck dvd information for each box

my case I do NOT have installed Video card

identify carefully yr card and select only one and right box

or

try selecting none to start standard vga

u can add card controller later

hi everyone. has anybody tried to install this image in an hp dv1000 notebook or a notebook with similar hardware?

notebook specs:

1gb ram

processor: 1.6ghz centrino

graphics: intel w/128mb shared

wireless: intel 2200b/g or something like that

oh, and has anyone tried to emulate it using vmware?

your help would be appreciated...

Ok I take back what I said earlier about my computer running slow as a "slug" with the new 1.4i r2. I was reinstalling or "upgrading" instead of installing from scratch. Once I reinstalled from scratch everything was fine. I chose the ICH6 patch for my secondary IDE to work properly. Dell Dimension 3000 p4 2.8 with 1.5gb RAM -- Toast Titanium 8 is not working. It tries to open then closes immediately and no error in console. I will try 7 in a bit.

Ok Toast Titanium 7 works fine in 1.4i r2 but 8 does not. As I said before I cant even get an error out of it. I'm testing other apps now like Microsoft Office, Remote Desktop, Parallels and all of those have worked so far. I will report more later if I find any.

toast8 is working, even on my prevous 1.4a installation. you need to check your image md5. and of course there could be a burning/reading error for your dvd.

-----------

seesquared, do not check azalia audio and try again..