Official Uphuck v1.4i 10.4.9 Installation DVD thread

Erhnam

398 posts in this topic

I have burned the image ISO three times and installed on two different computers multiple times for different tests and toast8 does not work on either of my computers. Same thing happens on both. It tries to open and then closes immediately. Toast7 works like a charm. Also Adobe Photoshop CS3 crashes on startup. Here is the log dump from CS3.

My MD5 matches correctly.

MD5 (uphuck_10.4.9_v1.4i_r2.iso) = 964a4ea26ac4c5a36dc7f02497416536

I'm also getting these errors in console but have yet to determine wich program causes this error.

/System/Library/Quicktime/QuickTimeComponents.component/Contents/MacOS/QuickTimeComponents: mach-o, but wrong architecture)

2007-07-25 15:01:16.909 Microsoft Word[1512] CFLog (21): Error loading /System/Library/Quicktime/QuickTimeComponents.component/Contents/MacOS/QuickTimeComponents: error code 4, error number 0 (no suitable image found. Did find:

/System/Library/Quicktime/QuickTimeComponents.component/Contents/MacOS/QuickTimeComponents: mach-o, but wrong architecture)

One more note (I have posted this before)

On my Compaq V5209US laptop I had to use the PCGenUSBEHCI.kext file to get my USB working. I am attaching the file for those that can't get USB working with the patches that are on the 1.4i DVD. Download the file and use the instructions below. uphuck can you include this on your next release?

Instructions:

Load TERMINAL

1. Login as root (ex. su)

2. Backup /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleUSBEHCI.kext

3. rm –rf System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleUSBEHCI.kext

3. cp -R PCGenUSBEHCI.kext to System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/

4. touch /System/Library/Extensions

5. diskutil repairpermissions /

6. shutdown -r now

Bring the system back up and your usb should be working.

CS3_Crash.txt

PCGenUSBEHCI_2.6.1a.zip

seesquared, do not check azalia audio and try again..

Hmm, don't think I checked azalia audio, and I can't find any related kexts. I'll play around a bit more and see if I can't make it work - aside from the mouse tearing, it's the only thing missing. Good work!

Hye all my r2 is working great, I just cannot get microsoft office to run or install for that matter, other than that, my only gripe is my video is a bit slow, i cannot get the flurry screensaver to run very well, it is really really slow, but i can play movies. other than that my ac97 sound works, and my secondary hdd (ntfs) works great with no problems. ethernet and everything else works without a glitch.

NEED SOME HELP!! All I’m asking for is a few minutes of your time. :)

I spent three days trying to get OSX running on my system and I’m losing it. I'm not a coder, just some guy who doesn’t want to shell out 3x the cash for an Apple machine. Can someone PLEASE give me a step-by-step for my system? If I get it working I'll give a donation to Uphuck's project!!!!

I have 10.4.9 v1.4i r2 as well as GParted Live.

Here are my specs:

MSI P6N SLI Platinum

-LGA 775 | North Bridge: NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI | South Bridge: NVIDIA nForce 430i

-Audio Chipset: Realtek ALC888 HD Audio | LAN Chipset: Realtek RTL8211BL

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz LGA 775 Processor

G.SKILL 4GB (4 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

EVGA GeForce 8600GTS - PCI Express x16 and also a EVGA GeForce 7600 GT

WD EIDE 250GB HD

-------------------

I booted GParted Live and ran the default setting since I don’t know what all the other options are. I can’t figure out where I can select msdos partition or MBR in the DiskUtil. I tired FAT32 but of course OSX installer didn’t find the HD. When I used DiskUtil on the OSX disk I selected Partition 1 and left it to the default partition since they didn’t have the MBR in the dropdown. It installed fine but then after a reboot it had a blank screen with a blinking cursor. I know the disk had notes but I have no idea how to configure it like he suggested.

On a side note: will having the 8600 Nvidia card cause issues with getting this to work, or will I just have vid problems with resolution, performance, etc? I can swap it out for the 7600GT that I have if that will work better…

Please, if someone could give me a step-by-step, including what boxes to check, I would be grateful!!!!!! I doubt any of you would want to see me run to the Apple store to buy a Mac right?! :yoji:

I have a Fujitsu Lifebook S series 6120 with Intel 855 GM chipset, Sigmatel audio, Realtek Ethernet. I am curious about specific drivers to install for the chipset. Im not even sure if ICH*-R even applies. The drivers listed on the install does not list specific Sigmatel (azalia) and Realtek version of my hardware so I leave them unchecked.

Installation goes fine but after reboot it hangs on Apple logo. my first thought was the chipset driver.

When booting in verbose mode, it stalls at:

PASSED! ...maximum protection of commpage set ALL

enabling SSE3 emulator

Copyright © 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993

The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.

using 2621 buffer headers and 2621 cluster IO buffer heads <full stop>

i have selected Universal Kernel-3, Patches: Remove CPUPowerManagement kext,

Drivers: PowerManagement.bundle and no apps, or languages

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Help me.

My Laptop:

Core 2 Duo T5500, RAM 1GB,

I Install MAC OS X 10.4.5 is OK, But some drivers not use

==============

Now I change to Install Uphuck 10.4.9. But After boot " On Screen " have some text

" Debugger Call: <panic>

Backtrace, Format - Frame : Return Address (4 Potential args on Stack)

0x13cbbc78: 0x128d1f..................

Kernel Version

Darwin kernel version 8.88.1 =: Sat Dec 9 22:18:27 AZOT 2006; Semthex:/nebukadnezar/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_386"

Nothing happen next?

Please help me? what Version can I install?

This version Uphuck v1.4i 10.4.9 ? can install on Core 2 duo T550?

Still seeding for whoever needs, it but i cant even get this to boot,

ive tried multiple options and still get a blinking cursor.

anyone help? :/

about 6th installation, lol.

Make sure you follow the readme:

Download gparted-live CD

Check your disk partition layout, The OSX partition have to be the first in the layout and must be set as boot. (Check the flags)

I suggest to repartition the disk and create a new partition as unformatted and set the boot flag.

Then in the OSX installation open the disk utility and go into the partition tab and click options, Make sure it is set to MBR type partition.

Erase the partition and install OSX.

That should work for you.

Dekel

My Problem is only that i cant get Photoshop, Dreamweaver or anything Else from the Adobe Products to work on 1.4i-r2.

Is there any Fix that i can start them?

If your CS3 software appeared to install, but the individual programs won't load when you choose them, that's a well known situation with OSX86. Search for AppleSMBIOS.kext v1.0.6 and replace your v1.0.1. Make sure you repair permissions and then restart. You won't have to re-install the CS3 software. Some have had luck with Netkas' v1.0.1, but on my system that conflicts with Apple's Final Cut Studio. For me, v1.0.6 has worked on every install I've done. Hope this helps.

My Problem is only that i cant get Photoshop, Dreamweaver or anything Else from the Adobe Products to work on 1.4i-r2.

Is there any Fix that i can start them?

I cant get Photoshop cs3, or Toast 8 to run on either of mine. Still trying to figure it out. I might just switch back to the JaS 10.4.8 install where I had no problems.

Also when I load some programs that have a image on the setup screen or in the program itself I can see the words "Quicktime Picture" written where the image should be. Like when I run Microsoft Word I get errors in the console saying:

2007-07-26 10:29:30.588 Microsoft Word[304] CFLog (21): Error loading /System/Library/Quicktime/QuickTimeComponents.component/Contents/MacOS/QuickTimeComponents: error code 4, error number 0 (no suitable image found. Did find:

It works ok but some of the images dont display in some windows.

uphuck: this error is based on the quicktime error I spoke of earlier where it displayed the quicktime words in place of where graphics and/or buttons used to be. This is a picture of Audion 3 mp3 player (no background colors and missing buttons) and error log.

error:

2007-07-26 12:49:53.117 Audion 3[511] CFLog (21): Error loading /System/Library/Quicktime/QuickTimeComponents.component/Contents/MacOS/QuickTimeComponents: error code 4, error number 0 (no suitable image found. Did find:

Audion3_player.tiff

Tried version 1.4-R2, but only get the brown Stop: "You must restart..." screen.

Chipset Southbridge is VIA V8237.

Tried several different combinations of install options.

Went back to JaS 10.4.8 (the version someone custom designed for the Asrock DualVSTA motherboard), which always installs fine.

Suggestion for uphuck: double-check the version 10.4.9 Disk Utility. Apple may have

changed something with the Disk Utility between 10.4.7 and 10.4.8, which makes the OSX installation less likely to work correctly on hackentosh machines.

Note: Whenever an install fails, I don't re-partition, but just use the Disk Utility's "Erase" function to wipe the HFS+ partition.

Also, would request that this Realtek ALC655 driver option be included:

"Cart_Patj_AppleAC97Audio.kext.zip" (search this forum), which enables stereo sound, instead of left-channel only.

Tried version 1.4-R2, but only get the brown Stop: "You must restart..." screen.

Chipset Southbridge is VIA V8237.

Tried several different combinations of install options.

Went back to JaS 10.4.8 (the version someone designed for the Asrock DualVSTA motherboard), which always installs fine.

Suggestion for uphuck: double-check the version 10.4.9 Disk Utility. Apple may have

changed something with the Disk Utility between 10.4.7 and 10.4.8, which makes the OSX installation less likely to work correctly on hackentosh machines.

Note: Whenever an install fails, I don't re-partition, but just use the Disk Utility's "Erase" function to wipe the HFS+ partition.

If you boot up with the -v flag where does it stop? Whats the error?

If you boot up with the -v flag where does it stop? Whats the error?

ACPI CA 20060421

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x001A496B): Unresolved kernel trap (CPU 0, Type 14=page fault), registers:

CR0: 0x8001003b, CR2; 0x000003410, CR3:................etc.

Kernel loadable modules in backtrace (with dependencies):

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement(1.0.1)00x24772000

ACPI CA 20060421

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x001A496B): Unresolved kernel trap (CPU 0, Type 14=page fault), registers:

CR0: 0x8001003b, CR2; 0x000003410, CR3:................etc.

Is this a laptop or desktop? Do you see any errors below that? Like maybe this: (just guessing)

Kernel loadable modules in backtrace (with dependencies):

com.apple.driver.AirPortBrcm43xx(223.79)@0x37d46000

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily(1.5.1)@0x3342c000

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.1)@ox2d550000

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IO80211Family(154.1)@ox37d29000

Try booting with the -x flag and see if it boots into safe mode.

"Kernel loadable modules in backtrace (with dependencies):

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement(1.0.1)00x24772000"

Desktop mid-tower machine.

Booting with the -x flag is no different; same "Stop: You must restart..." screen.

Is anyone else having a problem when attempting to install with revision 2? After choosing what options to install when it starts the install process, it stops because of errors, and in the log it says there was an error opening the 10.4.9 package. I've tried burning at the lowest speed, and used many different types of media, but theres no luck. I'm using an Intel D101GGC motherboard, which, unfortunately, uses a x200 chipset. If anyone could help me i'd really appreciate it! Does anyone know if this is going to be fixed in revision 3 of the DVD?

Thanks

Well call it what you whant, but i used my JAS dvd to format my hd then i rebooted and installed uphuck normaly and selected the partition i just formated with my JAS dvd.

Woila! no blinking cursor or stuff like that, (this works for me! i stated this before in other threads)

hope this is a solution for some =) Cheers.