Official Uphuck v1.4i 10.4.9 Installation DVD thread

Erhnam

398 posts in this topic

indeed the Rosetta emu works perfectly on first boot, but after setting a few things up, install, downloading updates, etc after that reboot it doesn't seem to work anymore, so something is tainting it.

I released 1.4i-r2 on the usual place. fixed the ppc issues and added some more stuff like via vt82xx, si 3xxx and some rare ich8. Please get it and let me know the results.. 1.4a and ix will be out soon.

Before all, thanks a lot for your great work. I have a x86 system running almost flawlessly due your releases!! :( . I've just DL'ed the latest version. Now I want to know the md5 checksum of this 1.4i r2 release before burning. When will you post it?

however on v1.4i office works on my tests, even on sse2. on revision 2 also. cs3 cs2 toast 7xx tested and fine.

same here Office works just fine and adobe cs3 also works. Some problems with cs2 tough... photoshop didn't start.

Uphuck, Great work on v1.4i Rev2. I downloaded it last night and installed it this morning. Thanks for including the FCS ethernet fix. That makes one less thing to change. Office 2004 installed and runs perfectly on this rev. Thanks for that too. I used KoolKal's 10.4.10 update with no options checked and it kept my video, ethernet etc. I'm installing CS3 now to see if netkas' appleSMBIOS works after the KoolKal update. Will post more on that later. So far, this is the most inclusive install yet for the Bad Axe 2 motherboard. Thanks again.

I tried the 1.4ir2 to fix the rosetta problems, but I can't boot from it! I've had no problems since x86.4.7 booting from a dvd... I get a waiting for root device error. Any ideas? I really would like to be able to use copypaste.

Other than not being able to run a few apps 1.4i is awesome - so quick, no fluff, almost all he modified kext's I need are easily installed from the dvd, it seems more stable than the copy of jas 10.4.8 I've been using for the last 6 months. Great work uphuck. Thank you.

I tried the 1.4ir2 to fix the rosetta problems, but I can't boot from it! I've had no problems since x86.4.7 booting from a dvd... I get a waiting for root device error. Any ideas? I really would like to be able to use copypaste.

Other than not being able to run a few apps 1.4i is awesome - so quick, no fluff, almost all he modified kext's I need are easily installed from the dvd, it seems more stable than the copy of jas 10.4.8 I've been using for the last 6 months. Great work uphuck. Thank you.

Thats really weird. I wanted the Rosetta fix to, so I burned 1.4i R2 and got prepared to remove 1.4i R1. However, I get a CPU Kernel panic on my Hyper Threading 64 Bit P4, even with Hyper Threading off.

Strange.

Thanks Uphuck for your awesome work.

Can anybody Provide me with a GERMAN Language Pack File from a JAS DvD?

I dont want to download 4.5gb just becouse of the german Language pack.

Hope anybody can upload it for me to rapidshare or something simmlar and send me the link over Private Mesasge,

Talking about size - how large is the Uphuck 1.4i file when put on DVD?

I downloaded an old Tiger version which was over 6 GB - so it needed a DL DVD. Does this 1.4i also need a DL DVD? (cause then I need to run out and buy some).

Talking about size - how large is the Uphuck 1.4i file when put on DVD?

I downloaded an old Tiger version which was over 6 GB - so it needed a DL DVD. Does this 1.4i also need a DL DVD? (cause then I need to run out and buy some).

The DVD is only 1.36G.

Works good with Asrock Conroe1333-D667 / with Celeron 420/ E4400/ E6300. Thanks Uphuck. :huh:

rkwok: 1.36 Gb. What a difference. I comes without iTunes, Safari etc. I presume then.

I've got an Asrock (775 Dual-VSTA) and E6300 - I hope it works well on that as well. :D

This version strips out anything but what's necessary for intel hackintoshes. Seems to be almost perfect for the Intel Bad Axe 2 motherboard. There is no extra software packages with the exception of a couple of extra utilities. Standard in my Dock after installation is: Finder, Dashboard, Safari, Address Book, iTunes, iCal, QT Player, and System Preferences. Of course there's other standard stiff in the apps folder. Most other stuff is easy to get. So far, the rev2 edition leaves me with the fewest things to add or change to get my system running up to snuff. This is a very well thought out revision. Hope this helps.

Hey can somebody help me still with a German language Pack File?

my Other Problem is i cant install the 10.4.10 update.

when i try to start it (not the real ones which comes over Systemupdate) the one for Hackintosh

This pack contains 10.4.10 Mac OS X delta update for hackintosh!

it wont start it just fails after i did press instalation.

anybody knows why?

check the screen

post-62815-1185301806_thumb.png

I just installed the 1.4i r2 and my system runs like a snail now. My IDE cdburners arent detected and I didn't see the patch for IOATAFamily.kext v1 or v2 in the options. For example when I run remote desktop it takes about 60 seconds for it to load up on the screen and in the past it loaded up immediately. Even the boot process from the login screen to the desktop takes like 3 minutes when it used to be very quick. It would be from turning on the computer into OS X in 30 seconds or so. Now its like 5 minutes. Runnning ANY program takes FOREVER to load. I'm still working on trying to figure out whats going on.

justinr2k, tell me, how can anyone say anything about your problem when there is no hardware details in your signature? besides, there is one ioata kext, u can read the details about what it is for.

Thanks! uphuck.

My motherboard is ATI SB450, but I think it use the VIA kext since the SATA support was added there. I am sure the quicktime or itune update will cause the office or rosetta problem.

hi everyone, do not install quicktime update and please give me feedback about VIA motherboards, there may be conflictions..

Hi uphuck tried to install rev 2 of your Dvd burned at low speed (x2) two times but I can´t get to install it Apple logo forbidden sign. I could install it the first version flawless.

Asrock775i Motherboard: working Via sound left channel patch

Pentium 4 Prescott

AtiRadeon 9550 AGP: QE/CI working (editing ID)

Belkin wireless PCI board: working (Ralink drivers)

Trust webcam: working (macam)

10.4.9 v1.4i at ECS pm800pro-m v 2.0 and E4300 works great.Also install logic pro and works without any problem.The only thing i don't know if speedstep is working.I take this results:

kern.exec: unknown type returned

hw.busfrequency = 800000000

hw.cpufrequency = 1800000000

hw.tbfrequency = 1000000000

hw.busfrequency: 800000000

hw.busfrequency_min: 800000000

hw.busfrequency_max: 800000000

hw.cpufrequency: 1920000000

hw.cpufrequency_min: 1800000000

hw.cpufrequency_max: 1800000000

hw.tbfrequency: 1000000000

Also,i have made all the automatic updates from Apple,except from upate to 10.4.10 and seems that haven't any problem.

I fixed the ppc crash after quicktime update issue. 1.4a, 1.4i-r3 and 1.4ix are ready to release, I just need feedback about VIA vt8233/35/37/51 motherboard and silicon image 3132 3114 3512 sata controllers, if you have one of these please give me the results of 1.4i-r2, of course any other errors or feedbacks should be useful too..

Fast fix release in days..good job ufuk! But it would be nice if you release iso patches for the minor updates, just like Slax do http://www.slax.org/download.php So everyone only need to get full major release (ex, 1.4 i) and apply the patches (1.4i-r2,1.4i-r3,etc..) Damn nice for us with slow bandwidth :(