Official Uphuck v1.4i 10.4.9 Installation DVD thread

Erhnam

398 posts in this topic

I got the 10.4.9 1.4i installed on a Dell Dimension 3000 P4 2.6GHz with 1.5GB RAM. Still had to manually edit the Boot.plist file to manually set resolution but that was expected. I had to use the 10.4.4 login window (About This Mac crashed without this), the IOATAFamily v2 (it wouldn't recognize my dvdrw or cdrw without this), and the Intel PRO/100 VE Network patch. (internal onboard network card wouldn't show up without this). Seems to work fine. I was only able to do a fresh format / install. I tried upgrading my 10.4.8 JaS version but it gave me errors and lost my user accounts and different things.

ok i went into verbose mode and was watching and then it said crash reporter and said unable to mount /dev/disk0s1 and then said there was no airport driver or key. I waited and it went through to the installation stuff and then it would never show the volume to install it on. I was wanting to get rid of windows and have osx. Can you help me out with this?

dlee2011 you need to start disk utility from the menubar and format the hard drive with a mac compatible partition. THen go back to the Hard Drive selection screen and you will the newly created partition.

Good luck!

~VelaYo

I did everything i made a partition which completely erased windows, i got mac installed but when i boot up my computer it comes to the little toshiba boot logo then the sceen goes blank and nothing ever happens. How do i fix this?

Worked for me 2nd time (1st I chose ATIX & Natit, got it working just with Natit). Was worried about no Office, but it installed and worked perfectly - I'm going to bin my JaS 4.6 tomorrow and get some PayPal goodness off to uphuck.

Only prob was no London timezone in setup (I'm in Manchester) so I chose Wales (yuk) but then when all was done I could choose London again (lesser of 2 evils - cockneys vs sheep shaggers)

Anyhoo, cheers uphuck, you done good.

lol,

Tried it 5 times still a blinking _

I just stopped before my HD blew up xD

Anyone know whats the cause of this? ;)

I select all the drivers my PC has and still :)

I partition the disk with Disk Utility (this usually works..)

I cant even install JaS anymore :(

Hah, its pretty cool though.. I'm gonna donate soon :D

im still seeding now.... and will keep this for more days.

the attached picture is an error/kernel panic? when booting on my laptop. its also the same thing on my PC and this is error on v1.3. im just lucky sometimes... like more than 20 times trying to boot and letting me pass the panic error.

in v1.4i after many times trying booting... i get to installed but after installing it... it wont boot.. and stuck somewhere in

ACPI: System State [SO S3 S4 ..

one thing... is there a version of 1.4 where theres more package like in v1.3? or can i use the packages in v1.3 on v.1.4?

post-118013-1184978023_thumb.jpg

I just tried installing MS Office 2004 and it won't install. I can drag the folder to the apps folder but nothing works. Anyone get this to work prior to updating to 10.4.10? I thought 1.4i still had rosetta in it. That's disappointing.

Als run into this problem, is there anyway to fix this ??

help help

was able to install from the dvd without any problems..

after rebooting, it will stop at the apple splash screen (showing the apple logo and rotating circle) and wont go through.. how can i find out why it wont continue to boot?

i have an ati 9600 radeon card, intel centrino, 845 chipset..please help..

On my Compaq V5209US laptop I had to use the PCGenUSBEHCI.kext file to get my USB working. Just a note. That file is available on the net. Just google PCGenUSBEHCI-2.6.1a or PCGenUSBEHCI.

Instructions:

Load TERMINAL

1. Login as root (ex. su)

2. Backup /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleUSBEHCI.kext

3. rm –rf System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleUSBEHCI.kext

3. cp -R PCGenUSBEHCI.kext to System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/

4. touch /System/Library/Extensions

5. diskutil repairpermissions /

6. shutdown -r now

Bring the system back up and your usb should be working.

Worked for me 2nd time (1st I chose ATIX & Natit, got it working just with Natit). Was worried about no Office, but it installed and worked perfectly - I'm going to bin my JaS 4.6 tomorrow and get some PayPal goodness off to uphuck.

Hey Baron, how did you get MS Office to install? I have the original disk and it looks like it's installing, but none of the apps work. Tried it 3 times. I thought it might be because I used KoolKal's 10.4.10 update, but I notice you did too. I got around the issue by installing the PC version of Office 2007 on my Parallels VM. But I would like to get 2004 working if it's possible. Thanks.

Hey Baron, how did you get MS Office to install? I have the original disk and it looks like it's installing, but none of the apps work. Tried it 3 times. I thought it might be because I used KoolKal's 10.4.10 update, but I notice you did too. I got around the issue by installing the PC version of Office 2007 on my Parallels VM. But I would like to get 2004 working if it's possible. Thanks.

Sorry, didn't update my sig yet. I've got 3 partitions and the uphuck 1.4 went on a test partition. Office installs and runs fine. I've now applied the 10.4.10 koolkal update and will report back once I've tested it.