0x71C1 - 0x71C7 ATi X1650 Pro fix (QE/CI/Rotation Enabled)

Denicio

354 posts in this topic

Hi this seems to work:Get this kext: MacLovin_ATi__71c7__Installer_OSX86_10.5.zip - InstallMacLovin_ATi__71c7__Installer_OSX86_10.5.zip0x71C7 Download Fix (Credits to blackb for this one) (First Side)5) Copy & Paste the 3 files (1 file for 0x71C7) included in the Zip into /System/Library/Extensions (Authenticate & Replace).6) Open Terminal...sudo -s (enter password)chmod -f 755 /System/Library/Extensionschown root:wheel /System/Library/Extensionsdiskutil repairPermissions /rebootBut can't see the Dashboard Bubble Water Effect.It seems to me that is still slow Core image and so on. Is there any way to test it ?I don 't Trust System ProfilerBut in System Profiler lookes like this:
Hi man. I thing, we cant do better. I have some problems as well , but Final Cut Studio working and that's it for me. One question: did you edit /ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Content/MacOS/ATIRadeon... kext ? With Hex editor?And change c071 to c771 and 71c0 to 71c7 and I tryed this too: change c671 - c771 and 71c6 - 71c7.That give me the QE and rotation. But it looks like you have it without it.And it is yours card 256 MB or 512 MB like mine?

O and one more thing. It looks like it have problems with OpenGL. I had crash when simply closing window. What about the genie effect? It is provide by OpenGL? Or why i get crash on closing widow?

Dashboard show the bubble. But it looks like the graphics doesn't have power.

It seems to me that is still slow Core image and so on. Is there any way to test it ?I don 't Trust System Profiler[/b]
Try XBench application - It is test for power of your machine .

Hi I have the same card like you I think with 256 MB Sapphire 2650 PRO PCIE and 256 MB DDR3 2DVDI Out.

And I didn't edit anything with Hexeditor I justed used this file at the first Post: 0x71C7 Download Fix (Credits to blackb for this one)

Doesn't work even resolution at my 0x71c6 (ASUS EAX1650PRO)
Did you try this? http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...3&hl=0x71c6

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...4&hl=0x71c6

Hi I have the same card like you I think with 256 MB Sapphire 2650 PRO PCIE and 256 MB DDR3 2DVDI Out.And I didn't edit anything with Hexeditor I justed used this file at the first Post: 0x71C7 Download Fix (Credits to blackb for this one)
I got 512 MB - but same ID. I thing blackb did similar thing i got it from some forum. It working for me so I'm happy. ^_^ So are you ok now?

Hi Ok I will try XBench thx.

Did I understand you right ? Your driver isn't working good too ? Do you have the same effects with Dashboard ? But Final Cut workes great ?

Is there any hope to get it working ?

Sorry my english isn't very well.

Hi Ok I will try XBench thx.

Did I understand you right ? Your driver isn't working good too ? Do you have the same effects with Dashboard ? But Final Cut workes great ?

Is there any hope to get it working ?

Sorry my english isn't very well.

dont worry about your english, I feel same.

Dashboard wave is there and now looks ok. but in my log got plenty errors. but everithing looks ok.

Yes FinalCut working great, sometimes have crash. when I'm opening windows and closing quickly. I dont know where should be the problem realy. I'm new in here. and I just trying things. I go for real mac, hopefully soon. This was for me only like a try. How it is working and so. I hate MSwindows stupid blue screens and strange errors. Like linux, but hard to get app like Final Cut for it. And from start of this year Apple release machines double that quick then last year for same money. so definitly I go for it.

I have so much fun in here and with OSx86, i like to trying unposible. before I find This page I thing that Mac is unhackeble. hehe. This guys here are great. Pure masters.

And Yes, I thing there is hope to get it work. Somebody smart gona make package for our graphic cards and it will be one click install. but now we need to edit kexts and trying. I cant tell you why to add

0x71c71002 to some info.plist. Cause I dont know how it is working I just following some guides like you. I'm happy to share my experience with you. So I hope you will make it work. dont loose your head and keep on trying.

:P

Did you try this? http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...3&hl=0x71c6

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...4&hl=0x71c6

I got 512 MB - but same ID. I thing blackb did similar thing i got it from some forum. It working for me so I'm happy. :D So are you ok now?

I've tried a first solutions and it doesn't work for me.

What about the 2nd one, it comes to a black screen. :P (( Is this solution works for you?

I've tried a first solutions and it doesn't work for me.

What about the 2nd one, it comes to a black screen. :D (( Is this solution works for you?

CHECK POST NO 92 - thats how it works for me. but I have diferent device ID.

Hey I find finaly Macklovin guide: http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2312

so try it. there is package for your device id

I made my graphics card ASUS ATI Radeon EAX1650PRO 256DDR3 to work with MacOSX86 KalyWay version :D (QE/CI/Rotation enabled)

Fresh installation + MacLovin's driver pack. that's all it took :)

now works almost perfectly... unfortunately, my sound card does not seem to work. and as I discovered, the combination: Graphics + Sound Blaster Live 5.1 Digital freezes my computer...don't ask me why....your guess is as good as mine... cause i have none...

For now, i am quite happy with my MacX86...but still needs improvements. :D

• 2 weeks later...

nvm. mediafire is back up.

ok. kozlowski's method:

i downloaded modbin's patch (for 10.5.2, 9.2.0), installed, rebooted. got a black screen. rebooted forced resolution with "Graphics Mode"="640x480x32"

no qe or ci enabled.

downloaded blackb's 0x71C1 kext, patched, repaired permissions, rebooted. no difference in qe/ci/rotation and killed dvi, only vga output.

then tried macman2007's method:

i downloaded maclovin's patch, tried, and got a kernel panic. never booted again.

well, back to square one. anyone, anyone, anyone?

as per my siq, i've installed zephyroth's leopard 10.5.2 with 9.2.0 kernel, ac97 patch included.

i have a sapphire x1650 pro pcie w/ 256 mb ddr2... this is identified as 0x71c7.

again, i say, "anyone... anyone? anyone?"

best!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello to all,

My videocard works perfectly, however I cannot get QE nor CI to work using this method. I followed the steps but it tells me the kext was not installed correctly (I don't remember exactly the warning). I can't install some programs because of that (I need QE). I have a Sapphire ATI Radeon X1650 Pro 256MB PCI-E. Everything works (as I said) except for QE/CI. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Edit: After trying and trying, again, and again, I finally did it. This time, after I replaced the original kext, I ran the "Extensions Repair" application, and then proceeded with the steps. To my surprise, when the system rebooted, QE/CI was enabled (the menu bar was transparent). So I finally got it working. Thanks a lot guys for you help. To others who are doubtful as to whether it works or not, If you have the same card as me, then it should work too. Make sure you follow the steps, and don't give up if it doesn't work on the first try (I tried more than 5 times).

Hi everyone, I read every single reply of this thread, and i found that people are having success with the X1650PRO sereis, currently i have a onboard nVidia 6150LE, which works like {censored} for OSX, now i'm thinking about buying the X1650PRO DDR2 512MB (100165L), i made a thread some where else in the forum, but found no help :(, i even sent messege to Kozlowski, but got no response back :(, can anyone plz plz help me too. I'm running Leo4All (9.5.1 Kernal, or something like that:P) for now, but i might switch to Zephy's 10.5.2 Rev.2. This is the card i'm gonna buy if i get some suggestions from u guys:-

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=...061&loc=101

Plz guys Plz HELP!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone, I read every single reply of this thread, and i found that people are having success with the X1650PRO sereis, currently i have a onboard nVidia 6150LE, which works like {censored} for OSX, now i'm thinking about buying the X1650PRO DDR2 512MB (100165L), i made a thread some where else in the forum, but found no help :D , i even sent messege to Kozlowski, but got no response back :blink: , can anyone plz plz help me too. I'm running Leo4All (9.5.1 Kernal, or something like that:P) for now, but i might switch to Zephy's 10.5.2 Rev.2. This is the card i'm gonna buy if i get some suggestions from u guys:-http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=...061&loc=101Plz guys Plz HELP!
jizzle, it looks like chico_stag got his working, same board as mine. the board you're looking at getting has lots of success working, but is a different board than ours. I just like Zephy's build better right now. I tried Leo4All and got some panics. Others have nvidia cards that work too! If you haven't bought it yet, I would peruse the hcl to see who got what working. if you're amd as i am, it may be tougher than you think, which is i think why i'm getting more panics that others with the same graphics board.chico_stag, i forgot to ask, are you using dvi or vga? i've gotten mine to work with vga, but that's useless to me as I triple boot xp and ubuntu alongside leopard and dvi is of course flawless on those. i can't stand the blurrr!!!it's a shame dvi and dual monitor can't be set up any easier. i almost wish some apple and amd programmer's would defect and deliver some trade secrets to make this a bit easier.

• 2 weeks later...
jizzle, it looks like chico_stag got his working, same board as mine. the board you're looking at getting has lots of success working, but is a different board than ours. I just like Zephy's build better right now. I tried Leo4All and got some panics. Others have nvidia cards that work too! If you haven't bought it yet, I would peruse the hcl to see who got what working. if you're amd as i am, it may be tougher than you think, which is i think why i'm getting more panics that others with the same graphics board.chico_stag, i forgot to ask, are you using dvi or vga? i've gotten mine to work with vga, but that's useless to me as I triple boot xp and ubuntu alongside leopard and dvi is of course flawless on those. i can't stand the blurrr!!!it's a shame dvi and dual monitor can't be set up any easier. i almost wish some apple and amd programmer's would defect and deliver some trade secrets to make this a bit easier.

Hey,

I am using VGA. I got it to work using Modbin's patch. However, when I enable QE/CI, I do not see the screensaver (screen is black), coverflow view doesn't work, and can't watch videos (black screen too, but can hear audio). So right now, I have QE/CI disabled. Although the screensaver's framerate is not that good, and some applications don't work (they require QE/CI).

Tried both ways ..

modbin's X1650 package+0x71C7 fix and editing+hexing the files and same result.

I can see QE/CI suppported but i doesnt reallly work..Can't preview screensavers

i can't watch video (res change and screen freeze)..desperate here ;)

Tried both ways ..

modbin's X1650 package+0x71C7 fix and editing+hexing the files and same result.

I can see QE/CI suppported but i doesnt reallly work..Can't preview screensavers

i can't watch video (res change and screen freeze)..desperate here :)

It seems I'm not the only one having this problem then. Have you tried coverflow view? For me that doesn't work either. Thee must be a way to fix this. I mean, if we have QE/CI enabled, we should be able to see the screensavers and watch video. The weird thing is that if I disable QE/CI, those issues are gone. Anyone has a solution?

• 2 weeks later...
UPDATE: 0x71C1 and 0x71C7 both work proper.

This is a guide for people who own X1650 Pro cards with Device ID 0x71C1 or 0x71C7 and cannot make it work properly.

Personally I got "GeCube ATi X1650 Pro 256MB PCIe (0x71C1)" and "PowerColor ATi X1650 Pro 256MB PCIe (0x71C7).

1) Download and install modbin's X1650 package. (I used 8.9.1)

2) Reboot.

3) Select the desired Resolution and Hz.

4) Download the package that corresponds to your Device ID and unzip.

0x71C1 Download Fix Mirror (Credits to kozlowski)

0x71C7 Download Fix (Credits to blackb for this one)

5) Copy & Paste the 3 files (1 file for 0x71C7) included in the Zip into /System/Library/Extensions (Authenticate & Replace).

6) Open Terminal...

sudo -s (enter password)

chmod -f 755 /System/Library/Extensions

chown root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions

diskutil repairPermissions /

reboot

If everything was done correctly you should have QE/CI/Rotation enabled on your 0x71C1 or 0x71C7 card, along with your selected Resolution. (I own both 0x71C1 and 0x71C7 and both work).

Thanks to blackb, modbin.

I'm using Gigabyte ATI X1650 256 MB PCI-e display card (71C7_1002). Following your methods does not work although "About This Mac" shows hardware CI/QE enabled.

Because all media players can not show anything and Xbench's Open GL test shows blank white.

These problems are same as Djay and chico_stang posted above this. I think there's something wrong about ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle in Leopard 10.5.2. So can you show your version for 71C7-working card ? By the way have you edited the strings in ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin with 100271C7-0000-0000-0000-000a27898d3e ? Have you also edited it in your ATIRadeonX1000.kext with the same string too ? Thanks and looking forward to your prompt reply !

nvm. mediafire is back up.

ok. kozlowski's method:

i downloaded modbin's patch (for 10.5.2, 9.2.0), installed, rebooted. got a black screen. rebooted forced resolution with "Graphics Mode"="640x480x32"

no qe or ci enabled.

downloaded blackb's 0x71C1 kext, patched, repaired permissions, rebooted. no difference in qe/ci/rotation and killed dvi, only vga output.

then tried macman2007's method:

i downloaded maclovin's patch, tried, and got a kernel panic. never booted again.

well, back to square one. anyone, anyone, anyone?

as per my siq, i've installed zephyroth's leopard 10.5.2 with 9.2.0 kernel, ac97 patch included.

i have a sapphire x1650 pro pcie w/ 256 mb ddr2... this is identified as 0x71c7.

again, i say, "anyone... anyone? anyone?"

best!

I have the similar pain as yours. Also Djay and chico_stang suffered from the same problem, too.

Last night eventually I got my card working via DVI-->VGA port (analog) with proper ATINDRV.kext and ATIRadeonX1000.kext only. The ATIinject.kext must be deleted. The key depents upon ATIRadeonX1000.kext (71C7) to activate proper ATINDRV.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ATY_Wormy.kext. That means if working you should have both ATIRadeonX1000 and ATY_Wormy shown in Extensions of "About This Mac". There are two limitations: (1) No digital output from DVI port; (2) Maximal resolution from VGA is up to 1400 x 1050 only ( No visible 1650 x 1050 or 1600 x 1200 in my card).

UPDATE: 0x71C1 and 0x71C7 both work proper.

This is a guide for people who own X1650 Pro cards with Device ID 0x71C1 or 0x71C7 and cannot make it work properly.

Personally I got "GeCube ATi X1650 Pro 256MB PCIe (0x71C1)" and "PowerColor ATi X1650 Pro 256MB PCIe (0x71C7).

1) Download and install modbin's X1650 package. (I used 8.9.1)

2) Reboot.

3) Select the desired Resolution and Hz.

4) Download the package that corresponds to your Device ID and unzip.

0x71C1 Download Fix Mirror (Credits to kozlowski)

0x71C7 Download Fix (Credits to blackb for this one)

5) Copy & Paste the 3 files (1 file for 0x71C7) included in the Zip into /System/Library/Extensions (Authenticate & Replace).

6) Open Terminal...

sudo -s (enter password)

chmod -f 755 /System/Library/Extensions

chown root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions

diskutil repairPermissions /

reboot

If everything was done correctly you should have QE/CI/Rotation enabled on your 0x71C1 or 0x71C7 card, along with your selected Resolution. (I own both 0x71C1 and 0x71C7 and both work).

Thanks to blackb, modbin.

hi!

sorry for my english....

I have graphic card "Sapphire ATi X1650 Pro 256MB AGP (0x71C7)" and leo 10.5.2.....

I installed first modbin's X1650 package for 10.5.2 , reboot, but cannot select the desired resolution!

can you help me?

tanx!

-------------

ATY,RadeonX1650:

Modello Chipset: ATY,RadeonX1650

Tipo: Monitor

Bus: PCI

VRAM (totale): 256 MB

Fornitore: ATI (0x1002)

ID dispositivo: 0x71c7

ID revisione: 0x009e

Informazioni su estensione Kernel: Nessun Kext caricato

Versione driver EFI: 01.00.068

Monitor:

Monitor:

Risoluzione: 1024 x 768

Profondità: Colore 32-bit

Core Image: Software

Monitor principale: Sì

Mirror: Spento

Online: Sì

Quartz Extreme: Non Supportata

• 5 weeks later...

Guys, someone please HELP!

My graphics card is ATI Radeon X1650 Pro (0x71c7)

This is the third time I try this:

You say I have to intall the modbin graphics patch, correct?

When I install and reboot, the PC stays at a black screen! I'm not sure why, but when installing modbin, I didn't choose AGPGart or ATIInject, should I have chosen them?

Also, when I was installing Leo4Allv3, I didn't install ATIRadeonX1000.kext.

Should I reinstall and add that kext?

Or is there a way to remove modbins patch so I can boot to it again?

Also, some people say I have to apply Leopard Graphics Update.. SHould I?

Thanks!

Guys, someone please HELP!

My graphics card is ATI Radeon X1650 Pro (0x71c7)

This is the third time I try this:

You say I have to intall the modbin graphics patch, correct?

When I install and reboot, the PC stays at a black screen! I'm not sure why, but when installing modbin, I didn't choose AGPGart or ATIInject, should I have chosen them?

Also, when I was installing Leo4Allv3, I didn't install ATIRadeonX1000.kext.

Should I reinstall and add that kext?

Or is there a way to remove modbins patch so I can boot to it again?

Also, some people say I have to apply Leopard Graphics Update.. SHould I?

Thanks!

Gimme just some hours to upload a working patch for you. Its not mentioned but all these patches are for Tiger not Leopard. Ill upload for you a patch that was sent from another user, should work for you and all other people with (0x71C7).

EDIT: Ok check 1st post, it has been updated.