0x71C1 - 0x71C7 ATi X1650 Pro fix (QE/CI/Rotation Enabled)

Denicio

354 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I think I will try and take another stab at this.

My card is a PowerColor Radeon x1650 Pro 512 MB, with DeviceID 0x71c7.

But first of all, I want to know a few things:

My first try at this failed badly, and I guess it has to do with the deviceid.

So what is the best deviceID to flash my card with? 0x71c6? 0x71c2? (I'm guessing it's 6 since I will be using Modbin's patch) I tried changing deviceIDs and its working fine.

Should I use the latest patch from modbin, The one for 10.5.3? When I tried, I tried with the 10.5.2 one, since that was the one I had installed. Now I got myself the ISO for 10.5.3.

And will it work on Leo4All v3?

Thanks!

Yeah, but which deviceID to change? Or should I not change at all?

What chico_stang said on an earlier post is that you should change the Device iD only in ATiRadeonX1000.kext

Obviously what he does is to install the Modbin's package, then alter the ATiRadeonX1000.kext, replace it, repair permissions, reboot.

Colask8: I saw your Private Message, but what more can I do? I mean me and chico_stang (& other people) have posted all possible solutions about those cards. I'm not aware of anything more for now.

Yeah, but which deviceID to change? Or should I not change at all?

Change the first Device ID of the IOPCI Match section of the file ATIRadeonX1000.kext (it should be 0x71C6 by default). Change it to 0x71C7 (if that's your Device ID). Then save the file, repair permissions, and reboot.

with VGA cable same problem black screen :thumbsup_anim: , i really dont know what's the problem about, i have Asus ATI Radeon x1650 PRO SILENT 512mb DDR2 on PCIe

Don't despair, Colask8 :( . If you saw one of my previous posts, everything worked perfectly on mine after many struggles. I even grabbed a screenshot to prove it. But lo and behold, after a reboot, it all went to hell. It's back to black screens at boot and kernel crashes. I've got one other possibility to try, and I will report back. But IF you have the time, keep trying; otherwise small doses at a time...

good luck!

Change the first Device ID of the IOPCI Match section of the file ATIRadeonX1000.kext (it should be 0x71C6 by default). Change it to 0x71C7 (if that's your Device ID). Then save the file, repair permissions, and reboot.

Sigh.. I don't think you get what I mean.

What I mean is, what if I used an ATI Flashing Tool, to change the DeviceID of my ATI Card from its BIOS to 0x71c6? Would I then need to edit anything?

im trying all... there 1000 of guides, i hope one will work :D

For me, THIS guide has worked ONCE. My problem I think is that one of my monitors is digital and the other is analog. There is NO dual or dvi support at this time. The guys developing NATIT have been working on that for some time now, but this device is tricky enough just to get working. When I get the time, I'm going to test my analog monitor by itself on the dvi>vga port, then on the vga only port. It worked before, I'm sure it will work again.

Good luck! :censored2:

Sigh.. I don't think you get what I mean.

What I mean is, what if I used an ATI Flashing Tool, to change the DeviceID of my ATI Card from its BIOS to 0x71c6? Would I then need to edit anything?

This is kinda of a last resort solution. No one would recommend this until you have found a perfect BIOS match between your card, and the BIOS you will flash.

Kozlowski, I have an ATI video card Radeon x1650 PCI Express 512mb 128-bit dual DVI (ID 0x71C7), for his method but did not appear video, will you help me?

My English is bad, the translator used google.

Yes please go on with your description.

Explain to me exactly what you did and I will help you.

Kozlowsky, BIG BIG BIG thx :D

What i did wrong... I edited directly my ATIRadeonX1000.kext, but i had to copy somewhere else, and edit info.plist, and then copy, authenticate, replace and repair permissions :D, and voila it worked for me... omG imma fool :P...

So I've installed 10.5.2, updated to 10.5.3 then to .4, I kept kernel 9.2.0 and didn't opt to 9.3.0

Downloaded Modbin's 9.2.0 kernel, installed and rebooted. Downloaded your kext's and installed them. I can't change my resolution and can't even open system profiler.

On a previous install of iAtkos 10.5.1 I was able to find that my device ID is 07c1.

Any advice? Tried several install methods and have read through the majority of this thread.

So I've installed 10.5.2, updated to 10.5.3 then to .4, I kept kernel 9.2.0 and didn't opt to 9.3.0

Downloaded Modbin's 9.2.0 kernel, installed and rebooted. Downloaded your kext's and installed them. I can't change my resolution and can't even open system profiler.

On a previous install of iAtkos 10.5.1 I was able to find that my device ID is 07c1.

Any advice? Tried several install methods and have read through the majority of this thread.

Safe way for using the patches on this thread is using Leopard 10.5.2 or 10.5.3.

We don't have anything for 10.5.4 yet.

Ok thanks, will try that. Another question though. When installing Kalyway 10.5.2 I select the basics and then the ATI Radeon x1000 series package. This kernel panics so I have to remove them by logging into -s mode and doing the /movevideodrivers command. Then if I install modbin and yours I can't get any resolutions, QE/CI - nothing. Should I install just the basic with no ATI at all?

Kozlowski, then as I explained, installed by the method you explained the copied. Kext, executed the commands to repair the permissions, did everything that icicio described in the topic, but when restart image does not appear, my monitor is a samsung 931BW 19 " and my video card ATI Radeon x1650 PCI Express 512MB 128-bit dual DVI (ID 0x71C7, I can not enter the system, you can help me?

Kozlowski, then as I explained, installed by the method you explained the copied. Kext, executed the commands to repair the permissions, did everything that icicio described in the topic, but when restart image does not appear, my monitor is a samsung 931BW 19 " and my video card ATI Radeon x1650 PCI Express 512MB 128-bit dual DVI (ID 0x71C7, I can not enter the system, you can help me?
Yeah I'm not sure whats going on there. But Colask8 has a video card almost like yours (might be exactly the same) and he succeeded lately. You do everything correctly as I see, but cannot think of anything else for the time being. It would be great if you can try on the other DVI port.
Ok thanks, will try that. Another question though. When installing Kalyway 10.5.2 I select the basics and then the ATI Radeon x1000 series package. This kernel panics so I have to remove them by logging into -s mode and doing the /movevideodrivers command. Then if I install modbin and yours I can't get any resolutions, QE/CI - nothing. Should I install just the basic with no ATI at all?
Yeah you shouldn't install any video packages from Kalyway's.Then just try and follow the instructions on this thread.Download chico_stang's package as I describe on the first post and follow instructions.

P.S. State your card's full specs including Device iD.

OmegaOSX: R u sure u r using VGA to DVI adapter (known as VGA splitter)? And when u replace Dev ID, before replacing u need to copy ATIRadeonX1000.kext somewhere else, then edit copied kext, replace 0x71C61002 with 0x71C71002, then copy that kext in extensions Authenticate and replace, but u need to use VGA SPLITTER, because Mac OS X do not support x1650s DVI... That's what i did and it worked...

After success Sapphire x1650 pro AGP with 10.5.2 and lost QE/CI when update to 10.5.3 . I turn back to Tiger 10.4.11 Because LEO 10.5.2 It's take a very long time for booting to my D805 system.

Here's my easy steps to made x1600AGP to get full QE/CI for tiger(Surely, it's faster and more stable than Leo)

1 - Instal Uphuck 10.4.9 On VGA choose AGP 1.1 and ATI 1xxx for AGP

2 - dowload Combo Update to 10.11 then

3 - Open up the terminal and type "sudo -s" then "your password" then the following (line by line):

Code:

cp /mach_kernel /old

cp -R /system/library/coreservices/loginwindow.app /

cp -R /system/library/extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext /

cp -R /system/library/extensions/AppleACPIplatform.kext /

cp -R /system/library/extensions/AppleAPIC.kext /

cp -R /system/library/extensions/IOATAFamily.kext /

cp -R /system/library/extensions/system.kext /

4- Keep terminal open.

5- Open disk utility and keep it open

6- Run Software Update or download the file and run it. But if you use the Software update :deselect everything but the 10.4.* intel update and install it (AND DO NOT RESTART---IGNORE THE INSTALLER WINDOW)

7- Open terminal and type the following:

Code:

cp /old /mach_kernel

cp -R /loginwindow.app /system/library/coreservices/

cp -R /AppleSMBIOS.kext /system/library/extensions/

cp -R /AppleACPIplatform.kext /system/library/extensions/

cp -R /AppleAPIC.kext /system/library/extensions/

cp -R /IOATAFamily.kext /system/library/extensions/

cp -R /system.kext /system/library/extensions/

rm -rf /system/library/extensions.*

8- Open disk utility and repair permissions for your OS X partition then restart

9 - install x1650-8.10.1 > restart

10 - copy 3 files from kozlowski71C1 to system/library/extension

11 - Open Terminal...

sudo -s (to enter password)

chmod -f 755 /System/Library/Extensions

chown root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions

diskutil repairPermissions /

reboot

12 - after restart if you get QE/CI but can't change resolution delete appleframebuffer.kext then install MacLovin ATi (71c1) Installer OSX86 10.5 > restart

13 - You can change to native resolution but lost QE/CI

14 - Repeat the step 4 again after restart You'll smile.

(Sorry for not to mention the sources of these method cause I cut and paste the text from anywhere around Insanelymac and I need to thank a lot for everyone who share the knowledge on this community.)

Yeah you shouldn't install any video packages from Kalyway's.Then just try and follow the instructions on this thread.Download chico_stang's package as I describe on the first post and follow instructions.

P.S. State your card's full specs including Device iD.

ATI Radeon x1650 pro 512mb, device id is 0x71c1 - how do i mod chico_stang's package to match c1?

I was under the impression it was a .pkg which installs the files automatically not giving me the ability to change the ID's. However I change the ID in the ATIRadeonx1000.kext file and in the binary using 0XED and am getting kernel panics now.