0x71C1 - 0x71C7 ATi X1650 Pro fix (QE/CI/Rotation Enabled)

Denicio

354 posts in this topic

Did you do a clean install? If not, do it. That's another possible solution. I think you have installed many drivers and perhaps there are conflicts or something. I say this because after you update to 10.5.3, you're card won't be recognized until you install Modbin's 10.5.3 package. Follow the installer instructions, and then edit the file he suggests in the installer, and then reboot. That should be enough for your card to be fully recognized, cause here it did with no problems. Also, if you're computer boots, but when loading the desktop shows a white or black screen, that means either that it wasn't installed correctly, or you are using DVI instead of VGA.

Ok , you can trying natit for Caretta , Hypoprion ,Iago, Lamna or Sphyrna !

Work for your card ! The it dual vga monitor .Natit_Wormy.kext.zip

What it is work for DVI or VGA ? :

Natit_caretta.kext.zip

Natit_Hypoprion.kext.zip

Natit_Sphyrna.kext.zip

Natit_Iago.kext.zip

Natit_Lamna.kext.zip

The it natit copy to /system/library/extensions .

Delete ATIInject.kext !

i dont have VGA cable, when i install natit, at apple logo (booting) it freezes... :|, and i dont see the difference beetwen natits :|

I no understand !!!

You tried it's natit's ???

You use dvi>vga splitter .

And checkep what natit work on dvi !

You understand ???

You should write -v -f and you see difference.

Strange. Although you card is not exactly the same as mine, it belongs to the same family (X1650), so it should work. If you've done everything we've told you in this thread, and still can't get it to work, I'm afraid I can't help you. I do not know what could be the problem.

Did you do a clean install? If not, do it. That's another possible solution. I think you have installed many drivers and perhaps there are conflicts or something. I say this because after you update to 10.5.3, you're card won't be recognized until you install Modbin's 10.5.3 package. Follow the installer instructions, and then edit the file he suggests in the installer, and then reboot. That should be enough for your card to be fully recognized, cause here it did with no problems. Also, if you're computer boots, but when loading the desktop shows a white or black screen, that means either that it wasn't installed correctly, or you are using DVI instead of VGA.

Well, I did a fresh install of Zephy 10.5.2 r2. I installed the 10.5.4 update via Zephy ASU (10.5.3 no longer available as standalone). I installed modbin's 10.5.3 pkg. I edited the ATIRadeonX1000.kext to use 71C7. Authenticated, Saved, Repaired Permissions, Rebooted. Using VGA output for monitor, booted using variations of -v -x -s. All produce white screen and freeze upon loading of LoginWindow. I'm out of ideas here, as it booted once previously using the above method, but after a reboot all was lost. I restored the kexts, but it's back to square one. I'm going to patch the kernel to modbin's 9.4.0 to see if that helps. Doubt it, but it's worth a shot. My last stand before I buy an Nvidia.

Well, I did a fresh install of Zephy 10.5.2 r2. I installed the 10.5.4 update via Zephy ASU (10.5.3 no longer available as standalone). I installed modbin's 10.5.3 pkg. I edited the ATIRadeonX1000.kext to use 71C7. Authenticated, Saved, Repaired Permissions, Rebooted. Using VGA output for monitor, booted using variations of -v -x -s. All produce white screen and freeze upon loading of LoginWindow. I'm out of ideas here, as it booted once previously using the above method, but after a reboot all was lost. I restored the kexts, but it's back to square one. I'm going to patch the kernel to modbin's 9.4.0 to see if that helps. Doubt it, but it's worth a shot. My last stand before I buy an Nvidia.

Did you install any graphics drivers when installing the system? You should not. Anyway, I recommend trying with Leo4All, and if that doesn't work, buy another video card.

Would appreciate anyone who could help me out !

My Graphic Card Config.

Sapphire x1650 pro PCI-E GDDR3 256mb

GPU: RV530

Dual DVI plug-in

Vendor ID: 1002

Device ID: 0x71c6 (primary) 0x71e6 (secondary)

Expected Monitor resolution: 1440x900x32@60hz

OSX Version

Kalyway 10.5.2

Mother Board

Gigabyte P965 DS4 version 2

ICH8R

Bios Version: 11H

Have already tried all methods mentioned in this thread & other threads with no success

Not until I changed the Device ID to 0x71c6 on ATIRadeonX1000.kext, Natit.kext & other .kext from a patch of ATI 1950 pro by using Kozlowski's method (no hex editing was done)

Now, QE/CI is enabled but the screen resolution is still stuck at 1024x768 (resolution can only be changed to 1152x864 if the com.apple.boot.plist is amended with <string>”Graphics Mode”=”1440x900x32”</string>

Could someone provide me with a detail instruction on solving this out

Is DVI output really impossible for this graphic card ?

Haven’t tried Bronya’s drivers yet…..

Thank you

Would appreciate anyone who could help me out !

My Graphic Card Config.

Sapphire x1650 pro PCI-E GDDR3 256mb

GPU: RV530

Dual DVI plug-in

Vendor ID: 1002

Device ID: 0x71c6 (primary) 0x71e6 (secondary)

Expected Monitor resolution: 1440x900x32@60hz

OSX Version

Kalyway 10.5.2

Mother Board

Gigabyte P965 DS4 version 2

ICH8R

Bios Version: 11H

Have already tried all methods mentioned in this thread & other threads with no success

Not until I changed the Device ID to 0x71c6 on ATIRadeonX1000.kext, Natit.kext & other .kext from a patch of ATI 1950 pro by using Kozlowski's method (no hex editing was done)

Now, QE/CI is enabled but the screen resolution is still stuck at 1024x768 (resolution can only be changed to 1152x864 if the com.apple.boot.plist is amended with <string>”Graphics Mode”=”1440x900x32”</string>

Could someone provide me with a detail instruction on solving this out

Is DVI output really impossible for this graphic card ?

Haven’t tried Bronya’s drivers yet…..

Thank you

Go get SwitchResX (as I mention in the first post) and set it to your resolution.

You might have to enter a Custom resolution in case you dont get the correct output, like Front Porch, Back Porch etc.)

You can get these numbers by booting to Windows, running Powerstrip, then manually enter them to a Custom Resolution Mode in SwitchResX for Mac.

Go get SwitchResX (as I mention in the first post) and set it to your resolution.

You might have to enter a Custom resolution in case you dont get the correct output, like Front Porch, Back Porch etc.)

You can get these numbers by booting to Windows, running Powerstrip, then manually enter them to a Custom Resolution Mode in SwitchResX for Mac.

Thanks for your reply !

I'll try it as you suggested

I reinstalled Kalyway 10.5.2 again (a clean installation) & updated to 10.5.3 with Kalyway installer. I used Modbin's drivers this time & amended all 71c0 to 71c6 along with hex-editing. Everything goes fine but I've got other problems .....

1) "cursor glitch" right after the QE/CI has been enabled

2) "rotation" remains disabled

Just to share my experience .....

I've found that no matter what particular driver patch is being used, 71c6 (or whatever the device ID is) amendment must be done manually or you'll get an ever-ending black screen at boot up. My only solution to get back to the home screen is to use -v -x -f

Once the ATIRadeon X1000.kext is recognized by the system as main driver of the display, any insertion of Natit will be useless and you'll get another black screen (I've tried that many times) why is that ????

Now, my OSX is running pretty smooth but I'll try as many times as it requires to get things go better ....like DVI output....I'm sure there must be a way to work this out

Hope you could help me with #1 & #2 ....thanks again!

How come u need to edit your 0x71C6 Modbin patch since it is made for this specific iD?

And also, I had experienced the Mouse tearing issue when I only had modified the ATiRadeonX1000.kext myself and didn't install Modbin's package first. Dunno if that's your case. As for rotation it is always enabled in my case, can't help you there.

Sean, if you have 10.5.3 installed, you need Modbin's 10.5.3 package. After you install it, you only need to modify ATIRadeonX1000.kext, finding "0x71C6" and replacing it with your Device ID. If your Device ID is the same (71c6) there is no need to replace it, and so you don't have to modify anything. Also, why did you replace 71c0 with 71c6? You don't have to. That's probably what is causing the problem.

OmG i was so stupid :) i just needed to use D-sub splitter for VGA, now i have all resolutions, but, QE and Rotations still won't work

EDIT:ok, now i have rotations, but i dont have QE... And if some1 can tell me what is rotation, QE, i mean they r for what?

Sean, if you have 10.5.3 installed, you need Modbin's 10.5.3 package. After you install it, you only need to modify ATIRadeonX1000.kext, finding "0x71C6" and replacing it with your Device ID. If your Device ID is the same (71c6) there is no need to replace it, and so you don't have to modify anything. Also, why did you replace 71c0 with 71c6? You don't have to. That's probably what is causing the problem.

I did install Modbin's 10.5.3 without any changes several times and got black screen again & again. I did not choose either Vanila or Modbin 9.3.0 kernel. Here's what happened after using -v

002-2.jpg

I just don't get it. I'd checked the device ID of all kexts & found nothing wrong including the <string>1.5.28.21 (5280)</string>. Permissions were also repaired.

Perhaps, something's wrong with steps of initial installation of Kalyway or its' 10.5.3 upgrade ?! But I just did a plain & clean shot (no extra driver whatsoever was installed). So weird .....

I've also tried Kozlowski's suggestion to adjust the resolution by SwitchResX .....but no luck even with DisplayConfigX. I got a headache so big that I couldn't think of any reasons for this :thumbsup_anim:

One thing I've found pretty interesting is that the GPU written in the kext for Sapphire ATI x1650 pro is RV535 instead of RV530. Mine is difinitely a RV530 as confirmed with Everest. Something must have been messing up there !

Any suggestions or elaborations....please provide..... as I will keep trying....'cause OSX is really something !

what output r u using? i had problem with black screen, and i keep reinstalling mac os x and drivers, but, i was wrong, i just needed to use VGA and plug it in DVI via D-sub splitter :), i hope u got that one with graphic card, and i saw that on my installation disc of my samsung monitor in help page ;)... God bless Samsung monitors and their help :P*

*im kidding :P

what output r u using? i had problem with black screen, and i keep reinstalling mac os x and drivers, but, i was wrong, i just needed to use VGA and plug it in DVI via D-sub splitter :) , i hope u got that one with graphic card, and i saw that on my installation disc of my samsung monitor in help page :) ... God bless Samsung monitors and their help :P *

*im kidding :P

What a coincidence. SyncMaster 940BW is what I'm using ....hahaha

You've awaken me with a hammer :( ....alright, I'll try the splitter

By the way, does the splitter solve the resolution problem ?

idk, i just did it :) and see what is optimistic res for ur monitor :P , i have syncmaster 206BW

Bingo ! :)

Rotation, cursor glitch, & resolution ....all resolved

Screen1jpg.jpg

Still needed to make a little adjustment to the kexts in terms of matching the keys/strings of CFBundleGetInfoString, CFBundleShortVersionString, CFBundleVersion, IOPCIMatch, IONameMatch, VendorID, & DeviceID .... etc.

Kexts installed in Extensions:-

Screen3.jpg

Thanks guys !

Great. I'm glad you got it working Sean.

Hey, thanks to you...Chico_Stang & all others who had made contributions to this wonderful hack

This forum has many helpful members & it deserves its' name :D

Now, I can start hacking on iphone's unofficial firmware with this OSX......YEAH !