0x71C1 - 0x71C7 ATi X1650 Pro fix (QE/CI/Rotation Enabled)

Denicio

354 posts in this topic

Thank u ill see and post here if it worked :rolleyes:

EDIT:No, again, black screen :), but my monitor is on digital output (or input i dont know what u call him)...System runs, i think that the problem is that driver dont have 1680x1050 resolution? If i force to 1680x1050 it will not be 1680 it'll be 1400x1050 ;) hmmm...

Well... Here's my latest if anyone can help. Everything is running nominally EXCEPT the blasted video card.I jotted down some info from Ubuntu Hardware Info, which is very informative in case it helps as well. Below are pics of the kernel panic I received after doing the following:My system already has 10.5.4 update installed and patched via Zephy's AMD Update Util.

1. I installed modbin's 10.5.3 pkg by extracting the 3 files (ATIRadeonX1000.kext, ATINDRV.kext & IONDRVSupport.kext)
  2. I modified ATIRadeonX1000.kext by adding 0x71C71002 to IOPCIMATCH section.
  3. I installed the three kexts using Kext Helper b7, which automatically repairs permissions, etc.
  4. I cleared the kextcaches, then rebooted. Boots fine until 'display: family specific matching fails'

Ubuntu's Hardware Info:

Radeon X1650 Series (two output nodes)
RV535, PID=71c7, SubsysID=e020, 
SubsysVID=174b, VID=1002

RV535, PID=71e7, SubsysID=e021,
SubsysVID=174b, VID=1002

Not really sure if that could help or not. Everything else system wise is in my sig. Any thoughts anyone? :rolleyes: Thanks!post-193097-1215021390_thumb.jpgpost-193097-1215021400_thumb.jpg

Incitatus, you have the same video card as me. I don't know why you are having problems.

If you've done everything correctly, and still doesn't work, I suggest (if you want) to make a clean install of 10.5.2. After that, don't install anything. Then, update to 10.5.3 using ASU 0.5. Now, download Modbin's 10.5.3 installer, and install it, but don't reboot. Then open ATIRadeonX1000.kext and add your Device ID (and remember, replace only the first "0x71C61002" with yours, in this case "0x71C71002". After that, save the file, and run Extensions Repair. Now reboot.

If you did everything correctly, it should work. By the way, if you are using DVI, try using VGA.

Incitatus, you have the same video card as me. I don't know why you are having problems.

If you've done everything correctly, and still doesn't work, I suggest (if you want) to make a clean install of 10.5.2. After that, don't install anything. Then, update to 10.5.3 using ASU 0.5. Now, download Modbin's 10.5.3 installer, and install it, but don't reboot. Then open ATIRadeonX1000.kext and add your Device ID (and remember, replace only the first "0x71C61002" with yours, in this case "0x71C71002". After that, save the file, and run Extensions Repair. Now reboot.

If you did everything correctly, it should work. By the way, if you are using DVI, try using VGA.

thanks chico_stang.

Two questions:

1. Our card has two output options one is DVI and the other is VGA, are you using the DVI output with a splitter/adapter for VGA or are you using the VGA output?

2. Also, when using modbin's installer, I'm assuming not to install the ATIinject and AGPGart files. Right or wrong?

Well... here goes for the Nth time. Thanks again!

thanks chico_stang.

Two questions:

1. Our card has two output options one is DVI and the other is VGA, are you using the DVI output with a splitter/adapter for VGA or are you using the VGA output?

2. Also, when using modbin's installer, I'm assuming not to install the ATIinject and AGPGart files. Right or wrong?

Your card is x1650 pci-e :D . You no should install AGPGart.kext and ATYInject.kext , you delete it !

Your system versions ???

And i send to you driver for your card ...

thanks chico_stang.

Two questions:

1. I'm using the VGA output.

2. Install the ATIinject, but not AGPGart.

post-193097-1215027077_thumb.png

Wow! That shut me up. It worked! hurray! After many installs later. Thank god I didn't even have to reinstall this last time. I had already installed 10.5.4 via Zephy's ASU.

I just removed the kexts this time bc apparently when installing modbin's patch, it was not overwriting the previous kexts. I always added the devID, but it was not patched!! Now it's patched and I have full resolutions, video, front row, and itunes coverflow. PS. I used the DVI output with a VGA splitter.

Thank you chico_stang, modbin & kozlowski!!!!

Now when&IF someone corrects DVI or multiple monitors, PLEASE let us all know...

Thanks aGain!

PS. I did not install the ATIinject, but it works now fully!

Try it driver for dvi !

atiRndrv.zip

Delete ATIInject.kext .

Unpack and click 'load.command" and real password in terminal, auto run reboot .

Is this supposed to make DVI work or dual monitor? I opened up the info.plist from the natit.kext, none of my dev ids are in there. We've got Sapphire Radeon x1650 (RV535) with devID: 71c7 and secondary devID:71e7. I'll try just for fun since mine keeps crashing anyway. Using 10.5.4.

:D On a sadder note, after the success of my previous post, I rebooted and got a white screen, (kernel panic/freeze) So I had to restore previous kexts in hopes of trying it again.

Is this supposed to make DVI work or dual monitor? I opened up the info.plist from the natit.kext, none of my dev ids are in there. We've got Sapphire Radeon x1650 (RV535) with devID: 71c7 and secondary devID:71e7. I'll try just for fun since mine keeps crashing anyway. Using 10.5.4.

:pirate2: On a sadder note, after the success of my previous post, I rebooted and got a white screen, (kernel panic/freeze) So I had to restore previous kexts in hopes of trying it again.

If crash, you write -x !

Yes dual dvi work . I add your id .

ati_driver.zip

Heheheh.

You no know ?

Natit supported anothers plugins in ATINDRV.kext !

I fix natit for 0x71c7 !

Aty_Alopias.zip

It is for DVI .

I'm not sure any of us are getting what you're saying. I've seen the Natit forums, but never had any luck with getting it to work. I've barely gotten this forum's method to work in Analog. If you have any specific instructions we can try for device 71C7 on dvi or dual monitor, please try as best possible to describe your method.

Thanks!

I'm not sure any of us are getting what you're saying. I've seen the Natit forums, but never had any luck with getting it to work. I've barely gotten this forum's method to work in Analog. If you have any specific instructions we can try for device 71C7 on dvi or dual monitor, please try as best possible to describe your method.

Thanks!

Should work .

Guys, keep trying. If you have the same card, it should work. Are you sure you are doing everything correctly, like I explained? If you do, then there's no reason why it shouldn't work, because the card is the same, and it is known to be working for other users, including myself.

Guys, keep trying. If you have the same card, it should work. Are you sure you are doing everything correctly, like I explained? If you do, then there's no reason why it shouldn't work, because the card is the same, and it is known to be working for other users, including myself.

Well, you saw my screenshot, it DID work, but when I rebooted, upon going to the loginwindow.app, it froze at a white screen and sometimes black screen.

It worked the first time without ATIinject, but after it crashed on reboot, I tried installing ATIinject like you suggested, but when it loads, it loads a 71c6 even if I edit the ATIRadeonX1000.kext. If I edit the ATIinject it panics.