0x71C1 - 0x71C7 ATi X1650 Pro fix (QE/CI/Rotation Enabled)

Denicio

354 posts in this topic

TIGER 10.4.x

This is a guide for people who own X1650 Pro cards with Device ID 0x71C1 or 0x71C7 and cannot make it work properly.

Personally I got "GeCube ATi X1650 Pro 256MB PCIe (0x71C1)" and "PowerColor ATi X1650 Pro 256MB PCIe (0x71C7).

1) Download and install modbin's X1650 package. (I used 8.9.1)

2) Reboot.

3) Select the desired Resolution and Hz.

4) Download the package that corresponds to your Device ID and unzip.

0x71C1 Download Fix Mirror (Credits to kozlowski)

0x71C7 Download Fix (Credits to blackb for this one)

5) Copy & Paste the 3 files (1 file for 0x71C7) included in the Zip into /System/Library/Extensions (Authenticate & Replace).

6) Open Terminal...

sudo -s (enter password)

chmod -f 755 /System/Library/Extensions

chown root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions

diskutil repairPermissions /

reboot

If everything was done correctly you should have QE/CI/Rotation enabled on your 0x71C1 or 0x71C7 card, along with your selected Resolution. (I own both 0x71C1 and 0x71C7 and both work).

Thanks to blackb, modbin.

LEOPARD 10.5.2

This is the same patch for Leopard 10.5.2 made by "chico_stang". Credits to him, many thanks ^_^

1) 0x71C7 Click here!

2) Copy & Paste the files included in the Zip into /System/Library/Extensions (Authenticate & Replace).

3) Open Terminal...

sudo -s (enter password)

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions

reboot

Any people having problems with resolution change please use "SwitchResX".

Hi,

Do you know how to fix QE/CI/Rotation for Device ID 0x71C3? It's ASUS EAX 1600 Pro 512MB

Thank you.

Ok people, this is a reply to you & any other person that wants to follow my method and see what can come out of it...

I suggest you install first modbin's X1650 package, reboot, select the desired resolution, and get ready to modify the files.

Get a Hex Editor, i suggest 0xED (Yes, this is the name of the Hex Editor Program).

Copy files "ATIRadeonX1000.kext","ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin","ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle" from /System/Library/Extensions on your desktop.

1) Show contents of "ATIRadeonX1000.kext", go into /Contents/MacOSX and hex edit "ATIRadeonX1000" binary file. Replace *every* occurence of C071 with your Device ID (Example, my Device ID in reality is 0x71C1 so in the file i'll write it as C171). Save the modified file. In the same .kext edit "Info.plist" file with TextEdit and replace the *only* 0x71C01002 entry with yours. In my case it is 0x71C11002.

2) Show contents of "ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin", edit "Info.plist" with TextEdit, and you will see 2 strings in the following format: 100271C0-0000-0000-0000-000a27898d3e. Again replace the 71C0 with your Device ID on both. Save the file.

3) Show contents of "ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle", hex edit the binary inside /Contents/MacOSX and replace C071 entries with your own, just like you did on step (1). Save the file.

Drag n drop those 3 files form your desktop into /System/Library/Extensions (Authenticate & Replace).

Open Terminal:

sudo -s

reboot

*** That's all, hopefully it will work for many people.

From my experience before doing that, install modbin's package, or else you will get Mouse Tearing.

Do you know how to fix QE/CI/Rotation for Device ID 0x71C7? It's ASUS EAX 1600 Pro 512MB PCIe

Display 1440x900x75 ok.. but

OpenMark open -->

OpenGL Init

Unable to choose right pixel format for this device

x1650-8.9.1.pkg install.

vlc player, divx player not open

Thank...

Do you know how to fix QE/CI/Rotation for Device ID 0x71C7? It's ASUS EAX 1600 Pro 512MB PCIe

Display 1440x900x75 ok.. but

OpenMark open -->

OpenGL Init

Unable to choose right pixel format for this device

x1650-8.9.1.pkg install.

vlc player, divx player not open

Thank...

As you can see above, I already posted my method of preference. Why don't you try it?

Will this fix enable DVI output. My card has 1 VGA and 1 DVI (ASUS x1650) and 71c6 device id. I figure it would be worth trying changing the device id as Koz mentions, but if this is not a known solution for DVI, I'll wait.

Will this fix enable DVI output. My card has 1 VGA and 1 DVI (ASUS x1650) and 71c6 device id. I figure it would be worth trying changing the device id as Koz mentions, but if this is not a known solution for DVI, I'll wait.

Seriously I have no idea what happens on DVI, I'm sorry. It's a 5 minute case though so you might as well try it.

Whatever you do, good luck.

Thanks for the guide...

Does changing device id's in ATIRadeon.../Contents/MacOS binary affect modbin's package's ability to support AGP x1650s?

[EDIT] Evidently not..! Took the plunge, backed up my gfx extension set (was NatitX1600), ran modbin and your patched .kexts!--- Works FLAWLESSLY.

Have a look @ flickr dot com slash photos slash kamoore

Tried with FireGL v5250:

1)it seems the files in the fix use deviceId 71C1, not 71C0. So the instructions should read "Replace *every* occurence of C171 with your Device ID" etc.

2)followed the instructions, first installing modbin's X1650 package, then downloading fix and editing files.

3)rebooted, kernel panic

was worth a shot

what i mean is if you want to use pure dvi instead of dvi2vga.just download atiinject.kext(sorry i forget the adress,just search using google)then edit atiinject info plist and enter your EDID data

Tried with FireGL v5250:

1)it seems the files in the fix use deviceId 71C1, not 71C0. So the instructions should read "Replace *every* occurence of C171 with your Device ID" etc.

2)followed the instructions, first installing modbin's X1650 package, then downloading fix and editing files.

3)rebooted, kernel panic

was worth a shot

Replace C071 with your Device ID, because you are going to modify modbin's installed files, not mine.

It wasn't wrong.

what i mean is if you want to use pure dvi instead of dvi2vga.just download atiinject.kext(sorry i forget the adress,just search using google)then edit atiinject info plist and enter your EDID data

That IS what I want to do, but what is the EDID? How can I find out. My display is an Acer AL191W.

Ok people, this is a reply to you & any other person that wants to follow my method and see what can come out of it...

I suggest you install first modbin's X1650 package, reboot, select the desired resolution, and get ready to modify the files.

Get a Hex Editor, i suggest 0xED (Yes, this is the name of the Hex Editor Program).

Copy files "ATIRadeonX1000.kext","ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin","ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle" from /System/Library/Extensions on your desktop.

1) Show contents of "ATIRadeonX1000.kext", go into /Contents/MacOSX and hex edit "ATIRadeonX1000" binary file. Replace *every* occurence of C071 with your Device ID (Example, my Device ID in reality is 0x71C1 so in the file i'll write it as C171). Save the modified file. In the same .kext edit "Info.plist" file with TextEdit and replace the *only* 0x71C01002 entry with yours. In my case it is 0x71C11002.

2) Show contents of "ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin", edit "Info.plist" with TextEdit, and you will see 2 strings in the following format: 100271C0-0000-0000-0000-000a27898d3e. Again replace the 71C0 with your Device ID on both. Save the file.

3) Show contents of "ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle", hex edit the binary inside /Contents/MacOSX and replace C071 entries with your own, just like you did on step (1). Save the file.

Drag n drop those 3 files form your desktop into /System/Library/Extensions (Authenticate & Replace).

Open Terminal:

sudo -s

reboot

*** That's all, hopefully it will work for many people.

From my experience before doing that, install modbin's package, or else you will get Mouse Tearing.

Hi, I have a Gecube Ati x1650 256mb AGP Device ID:0x71c7, and this thing doesn't work, cause the codes you tell to replace are missing.

Do you have any suggestions?

thanks in advance