0x71C1 - 0x71C7 ATi X1650 Pro fix (QE/CI/Rotation Enabled)

Denicio

354 posts in this topic

Gimme just some hours to upload a working patch for you. Its not mentioned but all these patches are for Tiger not Leopard. Ill upload for you a patch that was sent from another user, should work for you and all other people with (0x71C7).

EDIT: Ok check 1st post, it has been updated.

I did exactly what you said in the first post, but when I rebooted, it looks like it's trying to start the GUI(like a white flash) then it returns to the CLI again, and stays there :/ I also see some messages about ATIinject..

Anyway, could this be happening because when I last tried to install Leo4All, I chose to install ATI X1600 PCI-E drivers?

Thanks.

I did exactly what you said in the first post, but when I rebooted, it looks like it's trying to start the GUI(like a white flash) then it returns to the CLI again, and stays there :/ I also see some messages about ATIinject..

Anyway, could this be happening because when I last tried to install Leo4All, I chose to install ATI X1600 PCI-E drivers?

Thanks.

Yeah the way I made it work is not to install any GPU patches during OS-X installation, then just do what I say in the "Leopard" part of the post.

Should I apply that Leopard Graphics Update people are talking about first?

I don't know, I'm using Leo4All v3, there's no Leopard Graphics Update in there.

This is the winning combo for me:

*) Install Leo4All v3, selecting a Kernel, and *NO* Graphics patch.

*) Following the instructions on the first post on the "Leopard 1.5.2" section.

I don't know, I'm using Leo4All v3, there's no Leopard Graphics Update in there.

I followed the EXACT steps you say, with the only difference being after I copy the extensions to the extension folder, I run Extensions Repair program. That shouldn't make a difference, right?

Yet, like everytime, I stay on the CLI..

Is there a way to undo whatever that thing did? Would removing the files I copied allow me to boot again?

I also heard some people reflash their BIOSes?!

I also tried MacLovin's installer, still I get the dreaded CLI, but I could return to GUI if I removed the ATIRadeonX1000 and ATIinject kexts.

And anyways, thanks for all your help! I know you're trying your best to help me :(

I followed the EXACT steps you say, with the only difference being after I copy the extensions to the extension folder, I run Extensions Repair program. That shouldn't make a difference, right?

Yet, like everytime, I stay on the CLI..

Is there a way to undo whatever that thing did? Would removing the files I copied allow me to boot again?

And anyways, thanks for all your help! I know you're trying your best to help me :(

I also heard some people reflash their BIOSes?!

If you still haven't uninstalled your current attempt, can you please paste here some of the "kernel panic" information you're getting. This is totally weird.

BIOS flashing should be the last resort after careful thinking and research.

Also could you please state to me the exact model of your graphics card? For instance GeCube ATi Radeon X1650 PCIe 256 DDR3.

I did exactly the same steps as you have discribed them in your combo, but when I restarted my PC this error message appeared - Link

All resolutions are opened, but i still don't have QE/CI/ Rotation Enabled.

I have Ati Radeon X1650 Pro with Device ID: 0x71C1.

What can I do to fix this problem? Or maybe how can I change the patch for my Device ID?

Thanks in advance.

Since apparently 0x71c7 isn't working at all, I'm going to try and flash my BIOS to change it.

I found a BIOS editor from which I can choose my ID easily :)

So, which DeviceID of X1650 Pro works best with Leopard? And what steps would I need to do to be able to get QE/CI?

Maybe you could post you BIOS kozlowski?

Thanks!

I have the similar pain as yours. Also Djay and chico_stang suffered from the same problem, too.

Last night eventually I got my card working via DVI-->VGA port (analog) with proper ATINDRV.kext and ATIRadeonX1000.kext only. The ATIinject.kext must be deleted. The key depents upon ATIRadeonX1000.kext (71C7) to activate proper ATINDRV.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ATY_Wormy.kext. That means if working you should have both ATIRadeonX1000 and ATY_Wormy shown in Extensions of "About This Mac". There are two limitations: (1) No digital output from DVI port; (2) Maximal resolution from VGA is up to 1400 x 1050 only ( No visible 1650 x 1050 or 1600 x 1200 in my card).

jsl, does that mean you had any luck after having similar problems? I tried chico_stang's kexts directly from him, but I have the same problems.

after a fresh install of 10.5.2 zephy v2, i reboot forcing 640x480 res, i apply the patches, repair permissions, reboot. when i come back up, i see atiinject loading, the last thing on verbose output is that the startup.app is coming online, then a white screen and computer locks up with no response (kernel panic) i can't even see what the panic is ad it just freezes into the white screen immediately.

once i was able to get higher resolutions using just modbin's installer i think for 10.4.10 or something, but that still didn't let me watch video or use frontrow.

i guess i will wait while downloading and try leo4allv3 with the kexts to see if it's any different.

also as a side note:: there are two ports on the sapphire x1650, dvi and analog, i've tested using various ports (like vga, dvi>vga, vga>dvi, etc), and same error so I'm assuming that it doesn't matter which port it's using so long as it's analog. if anyone has anything to add to that, let me know. it is worth noting also that in ubuntu hardware profiler, the second vga port for the card has a different pcid than the main dvi port. thanks!

I installed modbins ati radeon x1650 patch for 10.5.3, then i edited ATIRadeonX1000.kext info.plist, and added 0x71c71002, then rebooted. i forgot to repair permissions and to boot with -f so ill try it again with repairing :angel:

Well, mine worked after I tried several times to make it work. With 10.5.2, the kexts that worked were modified by me. Now, when updating to 10.5.3, those kexts won't work, and in such case, you need to install Modbin's 10.5.3 package, and add your Device ID to ATIRadeonX1000.kext before restarting. Then, you might want to repair permissions using Extensions Repair. Next, you can reboot your computer, and everything should be working. If it does, and you decide to update to 10.5.4, then no problem, because the drivers also work for that version.