HOW TO: Get the Sapphire X1950XT(id7244) and X1900XT (id7249) to work NOT THE PRO (Jccool Method)

jccool

804 posts in this topic

@Hawie

You were right about the AIO Installer, I fixed it, you can get the new one here or on the first post

Select 10.5.1 and it should do the trick!

Jccool

BTW the 10.5.1 link works for me....

thx for him ;-)

For the 10.5.1 installer , Should i upload it to another place (Ex : Rapidshare) ?

thx for him ;-)

For the 10.5.1 installer , Should i upload it to another place (Ex : Rapidshare) ?

Hi,

Peut etre c'est par ce que l'installeur 10.5.1 est sur un server de france .fr moi je suis au quebec est ca marche mais peut etre pour un americain des adress .fr sont bloquer... Essail de le metre sur BestSharing, ca fait un boute que je mais mes docier la et ca fonctionne tres bien,

Jccool

*ausi, pourais tu me donner le kernel 9.1 de kalway, j'ai fait un mise a jour pour X.5.1 et j'ettais obliger de retourner a le kernel de 10.5.0, merci!

@Hawie

You were right about the AIO Installer, I fixed it, you can get the new one here or on the first post

Select 10.5.1 and it should do the trick!

Jccool

BTW the 10.5.1 link works for me....

The new AIO installer works perfectly! thank u very much!

BTW~10.5.1 link problems remains from my place.

If one has a card with 512MB, do they need to do a ROM flash to get this to work? And if so does it support the full 512MB in the OS?

Any heavy Final Cut Studio / DVD Studio Pro / iDVD users here? How stable is this for those apps, any issues?

I am debating between getting this X1950XT or a 7900GS. Wondering if I will see much difference between the 2 in the apps cited above. I am looking for best stability above all so that I have no issues in these apps and am hoping to find a video card that will run these apps as fast as a MacBook Pro. Comments?

I hear the Nvidia 8800 GTS/GTX are now working in Leopard, but these are new drivers and not so sure about the stability of these. However, it is rumored that the 2008 Mac Pro will most likely be using this card, so the driver stability should go up I am thinking. So do I add another $200 and get the 8800?

maybe i missed something.

But is there a working installer for a x1950pro (7280) and leopard 10.5.1 ?

Last one i found worked with 10.5.0 but i dont know if it will with 10.5.1.

Thanx

Hi,

The pro is not supported on this form, hence then title HOW TO: Get the Sapphire X1950XT(id7244) and X1900XT (id7249) to work NOT THE PRO (Jccool Method)

I think res change might work but Pro is unsupported by Jccool Method, sorry...

If one has a card with 512MB, do they need to do a ROM flash to get this to work? And if so does it support the full 512MB in the OS?

You don't need to flash the rom. And yes 512mo are fully supported by OS

Any heavy Final Cut Studio / DVD Studio Pro / iDVD users here? How stable is this for those apps, any issues?

iDVD works perfectly, and i have a friend who are using Final cut and that one works very nice.

I am debating between getting this X1950XT or a 7900GS. Wondering if I will see much difference between the 2 in the apps cited above. I am looking for best stability above all so that I have no issues in these apps and am hoping to find a video card that will run these apps as fast as a MacBook Pro. Comments?

X1950 xt is faster than all actual Mac pro Gfx card (X1900 xt into Mac Pro)

I hear the Nvidia 8800 GTS/GTX are now working in Leopard, but these are new drivers and not so sure about the stability of these. However, it is rumored that the 2008 Mac Pro will most likely be using this card, so the driver stability should go up I am thinking. So do I add another $200 and get the 8800?

Yes it could be a good choice , but like you said these are new drivers, so we have to see how is the stability. But it is your choice not ours. All we can tell you is that X1950 Xt is a good value choice in regards of stability and performance.

DuNe

hi,

i still cant change resolutions under leo (10.5) , my device id is 7244 , any help on this problem would be welcome...

qe / ci / rotation working under 60hz and 1280 x 1024 , but when i try to change the resolution i get a blue screen...

any help welcome,,,

greetings psycholab

Great job!! Thx for that!!

Running 10.5.1 and Efi_v52 a Powercolor X1950GT 512MB works fine, resolution change, qe/ci ... but: it shows up as AMD UNKNOWN CARD in profiler :(

Should not matter as it works fine, but if someone knows how to tell the profiler what that card is i would appreciate to know :)

Hi jccool,

I have tried your driver and it didn´t work for me, QE is not supportet, that´s why Iwork don´t run on my Leopard system. Could you please help me? Thanks in advance, here are my specs:

Regards Klausi

ATI Radeon X1900 Series:

Chipsatz-Modell: ATI Radeon X1900 Series

Typ: Monitor

Bus: PCIe

PCIe-Lane-Breite: x16

VRAM (gesamt): 256 MB

Hersteller: ATI (0x1002)

Geräte-ID: 0x724b

Versions-ID: 0x0000

Monitore:

Monitor:

Auflösung: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz

Farbtiefe: 32-Bit Farbe

Core Image: Software

Hauptmonitor: Ja

Synchronisierung: Aus

Eingeschaltet: Ja

Quartz Extreme: Nicht unterstützt

Monitoranschluss:

Hi jccool,

I have tried your driver and it didn´t work for me, QE is not supportet, that´s why Iwork don´t run on my Leopard system. Could you please help me? Thanks in advance, here are my specs:

Regards Klausi

It seems your card is a X1900GT. This method works for X1900XT(7249) and X1950XT(7244) not Pro or GT. Sorry

Hi Dune31,

thanks for your reply. Yes you are completly right, it´s a 1900GT. Do you also know the reason why it don´t work? Because of Hardware or because of Leopard? Thanks for your info.

Regards Klausi

_______

OSX 10.5

Asus P5B deluxe Wifi

E6300 @ 2,8GHZ

Memory 2GB

ATI X1900GT

Hi Krazubu,

i assume you talk about the Bios for the x1900GT. I was on the ATI Homepage and couldn´t find any bios file, maybe I´m blond :tomato: . Does someone have a link for the Radeon x1900GT bios?

My Asus P5B have the lastest Bios.

Thanks in advance....

Klausi

Hi,

I can tell you that a bios flash won't change anything, if it's unsupported, it means it won't work with Jccool Method, even if you flash the bios (which only changes the device id and some settings, not how the card functions) but flashing can sometimes hurt your card too, not really recomended... if I had a gt, i'd look into it but I don't so I can't really diagnose anything...

• 2 weeks later...
Hi jccool,

Regards Klausi

ATI Radeon X1900 Series:

Chipsatz-Modell: ATI Radeon X1900 Series

Typ: Monitor

Bus: PCIe

PCIe-Lane-Breite: x16

VRAM (gesamt): 256 MB

Hersteller: ATI (0x1002)

Versions-ID: 0x0000

Monitore:

Monitor:

Auflösung: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz

Farbtiefe: 32-Bit Farbe

Core Image: Software

Hauptmonitor: Ja

Synchronisierung: Aus

Eingeschaltet: Ja

Quartz Extreme: Nicht unterstützt

Monitoranschluss:

Also ich habe die gleiche Karte und bei mir hat alles sehr gut funktioniert. Du musst nur ATIRadeonX1000.kext editieren (in info.plist <string>0x724b1002</string> eingeben).

Gruß

Work fine with my x1900xt (7249) on tiger and leopard but when the driver is installed, my mouse "laggy" when i move the mouse the pointer move in 1s... but whithout the driver no problem ( no QE/CI =( )

I'm french, so sorry for my bad english :blink:

EDIT: Same with ATY Inject...