HOW TO: Get the Sapphire X1950XT(id7244) and X1900XT (id7249) to work NOT THE PRO (Jccool Method)

jccool

804 posts in this topic

Hello,

You are right, it's a X1900GT :P i'm in the wrong post?

Somebody has a solution for the GT?

I have, i'm from the Netherlands and this is my first post here. So don't blame me if i'm doing it wrong :D

I was having troubles getting my 1900GT (rev2!!) to work so I bought a 1900XT. That worked perfectly, i got full hardware support. Now i wanted to get te stupid 1900GT to work to, since its an almost identical card. Yesterday i got it working. It's very easy too.

Here is how I got my 1900GT to work on 10.5.2:

-put 1900GT beside HD3870 on windows machine in 2nd vga-slot

-boot windows

-run ATIwinflash and make sure you save the bios off the 1900GT

-start Rabit 2.1 and modify the bios to device id 7249 instead of the original 724b

-you can also edit the bios for higher clocks while your at it

-flash the bios into your card, the card needs to be a second card or it won't work

-once the device id has changed OSX will work fine on this card

NOTE: as far as I know you can only mod a rev2 card's devide id!!!

So I say, try this, if it works for you too please edit it into the hardware compatibilty list! :)

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/5946/1900gtworkingqa3.jpg

I have, i'm from the Netherlands and this is my first post here. So don't blame me if i'm doing it wrong :P

I was having troubles getting my 1900GT (rev2!!) to work so I bought a 1900XT. That worked perfectly, i got full hardware support. Now i wanted to get te stupid 1900GT to work to, since its an almost identical card. Yesterday i got it working. It's very easy too.

Here is how I got my 1900GT to work on 10.5.2:

-put 1900GT beside HD3870 on windows machine in 2nd vga-slot

-boot windows

-run ATIwinflash and make sure you save the bios off the 1900GT

-start Rabit 2.1 and modify the bios to device id 7249 instead of the original 724b

-you can also edit the bios for higher clocks while your at it

-flash the bios into your card, the card needs to be a second card or it won't work

-once the device id has changed OSX will work fine on this card

NOTE: as far as I know you can only mod a rev2 card's devide id!!!

So I say, try this, if it works for you too please edit it into the hardware compatibilty list! ;)

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/5946/1900gtworkingqa3.jpg

GREAT!...

Change the ID by Rabit... :)

Incredible.... and all seems work!

Maybe I'll have to try Leopard... with my Tiger "Jas 10.4.8" I lost whole nights in front of my PC...

but I DON'T KNOW How to activate QE/CI on my "REAL" 7249 X1900xt... Jccool mathd seems no work with my system... but I don't kwon the why!?

You don't need to activate those things on any 1900XT. They should work out-of-the-box. Mine did with the 10.5.1 kalyway DVD and still works with the 10.5.2 update.

Now with the modded 1900GT I can use Frontrow, I can see my album art in itunes. Whitout the hardware support you can't. Weird actually cause a 1900GT isn't that much different of a 1900XT. On XP they even have the same drivers. Windows works well with the modded card so there is no reason for not changing the device id. Pretty stupid i bought the 1900XT, should have tested the stuff a bit more before I went on buying a new card :)

You don't need to activate those things on any 1900XT. They should work out-of-the-box. Mine did with the 10.5.1 kalyway DVD and still works with the 10.5.2 update.

... In the Evening I tried to make a new installation with a new "DISTRO" the XxX 10.4.11... I ve installed no driver... I put The Jccool method AIO and... all works, but not QE/CI... they are not supported... I don't use an EFI bios 'cause I've got an Intel P4 640 Prescott... is this the problem?... or may be my kernel version? I really don't konow.. I'll try again...

Ok, i know this question has been asked more than once, but...since i think my setup is a little different from others, i figured i would throw it out there:

I have the X1900GT. i used iatkos v1.0i r3 to install and used the stand alone 10.5.2 update. 10.5.2 is working perfectly. Added 0x724b to my ATIRadeonX1000.kext and have fully working QE/CI. So here is the question.

I only have one video card, and it is the X1900GT. I have had to re-install my whole OS twice from running the Graphics Update 1.0 (would try and boot but would get to blue screen and freeze, and wasn't sure if i could "uninstall" it).

But I'd like to install it if someone has figured a work around. 1) to get it out of my software update and 2) to get the most out of my machine and stay on top.

Does the method you guys have been talking about that are running 10.5.2 with a 1950XT and 1900XT work as the Graphics Update, thereby making it go away? Has ANYONE had success with the 1900GT?

Sorry this is kind of in the wrong thread, but i have made my own thread with no responses.

Thanks guys in advance! :(

Just modify the bios of the 1900GT card. From then on it will always work when you install OSX cause the card will be seen as a 1900XT. This method you only have to do once, the kext method you need to do everytime and that doesn't work well at all times.

@cappej, I only have installed 10.5.1 and updated it to 10.5.2. I don't know if it works on your machine, I only have recent hardware that is all compatible with osx (by change :lol: )

@ R-O-Y

um..i did some research on that. know a program to use..but am i just changing the description? the device ID? Is it 100% foolproof (lol, somehow doubt it!)

can u list steps for it, as i have never fooled with that sort of thing. Would very much appreciate it!

Jccool 0.3 installer working BUT The 3 IN 1 10.5.2 Installers not working!

Hi, I'm on 10.5.2 with efi V8 installed, I have a x1950xt with everything working (QE,CI, res..) with Jccool 0.3 installer. However installing either package version ( efi & non efi) of the 3 IN 1 10.5.2 Installers, I end up, upon reboot, with a frozen spinning wheel white page.

If I rebbot in safe mode, i manage to initialise the gfx but at lower resolution.

I cant workout what causing this: efi or actually the gfx installer?

any clue(s)

Cheers guys/girls

Mourr

@ R-O-Y

um..i did some research on that. know a program to use..but am i just changing the description? the device ID? Is it 100% foolproof (lol, somehow doubt it!)

can u list steps for it, as i have never fooled with that sort of thing. Would very much appreciate it!

This weekend I will make a small tutorial for you. I hope that will makes things more clear on how to do the flash :D

hi all, I would like to buy a x1950xt from a frined of mine, I know it is fully working, but I have a question: if I connect it to a plasma through a dvi-to-hdmi adapter, does it work? I would like to watch fullhd (1080p) videos and I think this can be done with a "regular" Mac with the same card, so what about with a hackintosh?

Thank you.

@fabioxx

I can tell you from personal experiance that your setup WILL work, just as long as you are using the DVI port and not VIVO (circular one) I've tried it, mac sees as television.... although your tv has to support 1080p through hdmi....

good luck,

Jccool

This weekend I will make a small tutorial for you. I hope that will makes things more clear on how to do the flash :P

Hey R-O-Y, I've got the same card. Can I get my hands on that too? I want to see if changing to id 7249 will fix my white screen boot issues...

OK, I'm having trouble figuring out what I need to do. I have a Sapphire X1900XTX 512MB and everything seems ok but I can't change the resolution. I want to get it to 1900x1200 but I don't even get the option to change it away from 1024x768. My specs are as follows:

AMD 3500+

Abit AX8

X1900XTX 512MB PCI-E

Device ID: 0x7249

Zephyroth 10.5.1

The only installer I see is the one for EFI, which this board doesn't support. What am I doing wrong or needing to do to get this to work?

My motherboard is p5k-e wifi/ap, graphic is sapphire x1950xt

I update 10.5.2 and install "x1950xt 10.5.2 efi-vga installer 0.1 p35...." jccool method my but my hackintosh locked sometimes when I start xbench (on testing openGL).

And I always see "lines" at the monitor see at below when using normaly:

post-133871-1206904623_thumb.jpg

I have the blacked-out menus problems mentioned earlier on my X1950XT Sapphire card. I've tried all three versions of the Jccool drivers, only one of which solves the problem but won't allow me to change the resolution or activate a second monitor.

My install is the Leo4All 10.5.2 disk with the 9.2.0 kernel (non vanilla, Pentium D805).

Anyone have any ideas?

Hey R-O-Y, I've got the same card. Can I get my hands on that too? I want to see if changing to id 7249 will fix my white screen boot issues...

I had some pc-troubles cause my overclocking messed my main machine. This week i will try to make the tutorial. It's not that hard thought :)

Hello everyone,

first of all I have to say, that I'm a noob in topics like this one, so I appologize. My Problem is (I looked and searched in this forum, but didnt find anything): I have installed Kalyway 10.5.1 Leopard and I also installed the Drivers for my Graphic Card (ATI 1950XTX) . It all works, but the fan runs always at full speed. Is there any option except replacing the fan, 'cause the noise really sucks. If yes, please explain, that I'm able to unterstand it :( .

regards