HOW TO: Get the Sapphire X1950XT(id7244) and X1900XT (id7249) to work NOT THE PRO (Jccool Method)

jccool

804 posts in this topic

Hi jccool , i have a problem with my Sapphire X1950XT 256MB ID:7244 PciE

My system is:

Asus P5B

Intel Core 2 DUO E6550 2.33 Ghz

Sapphire ATI Radeon X1950XT PciE 256MB

RAM: 2 x 1GB Dimm 800MHz DDR2 ECC CL5 KVR800D2E5/1G KINGSTON

HDD: 2 x SATA 250GB Maxtor

HDD: 1 x Pachard Bell Store&Save 400GB USB

DVD-RW: Pioneer DVR-110D

Uphuck v1.4i r3 10.4.9 Kernel 8.9.1

When i install your drivers at loginwindow start the monitor go black and i can't see nothing.

If i delete the ATINDRV.kext the system start and recognize my X1950XT with qi/ce enabled with artifacts but i can't change resolution. The only resolution is 1024x768. I used X1959XT Installer 0.3.pkg

Can you help me ?

Thanks.

hello everyone,

yesterday i proposed a workaround for the Jccool method because some of us have problems with the 10.4.10 (blue screen at boot). the method was to copy back some of the old 10.4.9 frameworks.

But really , i didn't like that at all. :( So i managed to adapt the Jccool files to the new framework of 10.4.10. :(

So there it is:

http://dune31.free.fr/Mac/X1950XT_for_10.4.10.zip

All the kext are based on the Jccool works and modified to work with the new Osx.

Dual DVI, QE/CI, Rotation still there. :P

I am sorry but there's no installer , so use the old method to install all the files.

Don't forget to open a terminal and to do

sudo chown -R root:wheel

sudo chmod -R 755

and this for each files !

exemple for the ATINDRV.kext:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ATINDRV.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/ATINDRV.kext

Close Terminal and browse to the folder /System/Library and delete the 2 files(they will come back after reboot) :

Extensions.kextcache

Extensions.mkext

Don't forget to repair permissions with diskutil. thx Psy for pointing me this :(

Reboot.

I cannot guarantee that it works for everyone, try at your own risk, but it works perfectly on kalyway 10.4.10 with kernel 8.10.3

good luck!

Enjoy !

EDIT : Jccool have made an installer with this files(thx to him) , you can find it on the first post

Hello everyone!

I have been hearing about people wanting 10.4.10 installer... I have taken Dune31's files and made an installer... it is viewable on the first post. I have also made a 10.5 Leopard installer. It uses the latest revision of 10.5's frameworks and runs much faster than on 10.4.8! (it's also far more beautiful) I havn't tested these installers (i installed 10.5 drivers the hard way because i was testing a lot and i dont use 10.4.10 so yea) so please try these and give feedback,

enjoy,

Jccool

*thanks again to Dune31 for updating for the 10.4.10 frameworks :-)

I have been hearing about people wanting 10.4.10 installer... I have taken Dune31's files and made an installer... it is viewable on the first post. I have also made a 10.5 Leopard installer. It uses the latest revision of 10.5's frameworks and runs much faster than on 10.4.8! (it's also far more beautiful) I havn't tested these installers (i installed 10.5 drivers the hard way because i was testing a lot and i dont use 10.4.10 so yea) so please try these and give feedback,

enjoy,

Jccool

*thanks again to Dune31 for updating for the 10.4.10 frameworks :-)

Just tested your installer for 10.4.10 with my files.It Works like charm.

Dune

*thx again to u Jccool , without your work nothing of this would have been possible :censored2:

Hi, I can get QE/CI enable with x195xtx in leopard 9a528b. If someone can help me.

Thanks

Bonjour Kartman,

Moi j'ai une carte x1950xt avec un id de 7244... j'ai Leopard (le plus recent) et j'ai fait une method pour ma carte. Essaile Jccool installer 10.5 0.1 et si ca marche pas, je vais essailler de developer une installation pour 7240 :-)

Bonne Journee!

Jccool

*attend, je mes reli et je voi que tu a le support moniteur mais pas qe ci... Plus tard dans la journee je vais n'en developer un, (je ne suis pas a mon ordi)

Thanks you very much for all Jccool :hysterical: . I had tried both 10.5 and 10.4.8 install without succes but all work (DVI - Dual monitor - resolution change) except QE/CI.

Merci encore et j'attend ta réponse avec impatience!!!!! Merci Merci Merci !!!!!!!

post-58223-1190651852_thumb.jpg

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=63302

x1950xtx Q/E enable,

howto enable quartzgl, please?

for enabling quartzgl , you must install Quartzsimple (this for 10.4.X , i do not know if it works under Leopard). but for some application it is unstable : for exemple , with powerpoint you cannot look at your pps.

It is not due to quartzsimple, but quartzGl is not free from bugs , it is why apple still hide this function.

• 2 weeks later...

First off....VERY BIG THANK YOU TO JCCool!!!!!! Now my question.....I purchased a PowerColor x1950xt PCI-e with 512MB of VRAM. The installer file worked perfect. I have noticed that in system profiler it says 256MB VRAM though. Is that a problem of any kind? I have seen some of the other posters with pictures of system info showing 512MB. Am I losing anything? I would post my device ID but I do not have windows on this machine at all....yet. Other than that all is perfect.....THANKS AGAIN!!!

PS...I took a chance on this video card (I originally wanted a Sapphire for compatibility)....but when I read about the arctic cooling on it I had to try it. Newegg rocks! It makes absolutely no noise.....nice compared to most of the horor stories I read about most x1950xt cards.

Hi,

Got this card two days ago for 100 euri :P

Try to install the 10.4.10 version.

Got sreen but no core image and QE is not working either.

(see picture upload)

I used the 10.4.10 installer.

Can someone give a hand plz?

thanx in advance.

Great job btw. :P

M.

post-97616-1191657771_thumb.png

Also here QE and CI, as well as 3D, dont work. Resolution and rotation work, though.using 8.10.1 kernel, for some reason 8.10.3+System.kext barfs all over the place.Card is X1950XT 256MB by Sapphire. Would be absolutely awesome if anybody could shed some light on that.

Hi,Got this card two days ago for 100 euri :)Try to install the 10.4.10 version. Got sreen but no core image and QE is not working either.(see picture upload)I used the 10.4.10 installer.Can someone give a hand plz? thanx in advance.Great job btw. :P M.
I have your same problem, I think it has to do with the fact that our card uses 256MB, whereas the files have been tested on a 512MB card.. I think it will be no problem for our devs to tune up the drivers for us 256MB users! ;)

Sorted out.

- Deleted AtiRadeonx1000GA.plugin, Natit.kext, NVDANV10HAL.kext (and 20,30,40).

- Reinstalled Jccool's installer.

Done, all supported.

:gun:

EDIT:

Strangly the 10.4.10 drivers does not work. The 10.4.8 does work under 10.4.10.

I do not compute with that :)

/EDIT

bonjour à tous,

Juste une 'pitite' question:

j'ai une X1950 Pro sur Osx 10.4.10 et le QE/CI n'est pas géré...

Est ce qu'il y aura un installeur pour cette carte..?

j'essaie de trouver une solution mais je craque :wacko:

Merci beaucoup JCCOOL

Can you be a bit more clear about this last part?

I do not get CI/QE supported working with the Jccool 10.4.10 driver installer under OSX 10.4.10 (Kernel 8.1)

The Jccool 10.4.8 works under 10.4.10.

And I have the 256 mb sapphire x1950xt.

OK, found out why it is not working to so many of us...

GUYS, YOU ARE USING LEO KEXTS!!!! WTH ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT WHEN YOU UPLOAD STUFF????

:wacko::D :D :D

Please make an installer with proper 10.4.10 [1.4.56.1 (4522)] kexts!

Geeeeeeezzz, I got crazy on it the whole weekend!

OK, found out why it is not working to so many of us...

GUYS, YOU ARE USING LEO KEXTS!!!! WTH ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT WHEN YOU UPLOAD STUFF????

:):):):D

Please make an installer with proper 10.4.10 [1.4.56.1 (4522)] kexts!

Geeeeeeezzz, I got crazy on it the whole weekend!

Ok, now i am confused. :(