HOW TO: Get the Sapphire X1950XT(id7244) and X1900XT (id7249) to work NOT THE PRO (Jccool Method)

jccool

804 posts in this topic

@macboobalot

Apparently the efi string can't give you better results than an injector, however if you follow the steps on Netkas's site I think you can make your own string and try it out, if it works ill make an installer for it,

Jccool

I have the Radeon x1900xtx. My card worked flawless on 10.5.1 with whichever installer i used. (downloaded it about a month or 2 ago). Now with the 10.5.2.. ive tried all the installer.. i can get qe/ci.. but whenever i bring a menu up.. it shows as black.. and the apple in the top left corner is black..

i would take a screen shot.. but i cannot see the menu to upload image (it shows up as all black)

Now with the 10.5.2.. ive tried all the installer.. i can get qe/ci.. but whenever i bring a menu up.. it shows as black.. and the apple in the top left corner is black..

I originally had the same problem when I upgraded to 10.5.2. It made the OS practically impossible to use, as you couldn't see any of the menu items. Originally I manually removed my injector, restored the original Radeon1000.kext and rebuilt my kext cache.

When I rebooted all the menus were back to normal but without my GPU drivers. I then re-ran the original installer that I had used which re-installed the kext and the injector and all was fine.

I later on developed my own EFI string to try and avoid this problem in the future, which I now use instead of an injector, fiddly but more satisfying.

@macboobalot

Apparently the efi string can't give you better results than an injector, however if you follow the steps on Netkas's site I think you can make your own string and try it out, if it works ill make an installer for it,

Jccool

I gave it a shot but it didnt work - I wonder if this card with EFI works for other people. My hope in this was that the white screen on boot was somehow caused by natit initializing the card improperly or something, and that this method would bypass that problem.

Hi to everybody!

Finally I found this tread... It's too many days I'm looking for a solution to my problem... and maybe I found someone who can help me....

First of all you've to sorry me for my horrible English... but I'm Italian... second... this is my frist post here in Insanely Mac...

Now, I installed Jas 10.4.8 PPF1+PPF2 updated to Jas 10.4.9. and again updated to Jas 10.4.10 and all is Perfect!

I bought all hardware much compatible as possible with OSX system and all work perfectly, LAN, AUDIO, USB, SATA and ATA... I've got an integrated video GMA950 and I added an amazing Sapphire X1900XT 256 DDR3 and all works... I've got 2 LCD display wich work in dual monitor MIRROR mode at 1024x1280...

AND THIS IS THE PROBLEM....

I want THE ETENDEND MODE for dual monitor!

It seems impossibile but Natit don't work (or I don't know how to work it!)

Can your Patch Help me? Where I find the right mask to set the EXTENDED dual monitor mode? Can I download it in your first post?

Let me Know please!

Really tanks a lot...

Marco - Florence - Italy

@jccool

Sorry for the delay in replying. I'm unable to get hold of the EFI string because I no longer have access to a X1900XTX as it failed due to a minor mishap and I also no longer have a copy of the EFI string, instead I've been forced to buy a cheap replacement card which is the 8400GS. I'm also considering trying to generate an EFI string for it.

Hello Everyone,

I have put together a new installer for the X1900XT (7249) This installer is an EFI VGA installer for those with that card and pc efi 7.1 or later. It will delete any natit/injector you may have and as requested, this installer will backup you boot configuration file in /boot_backup

You can get it from the first post,

enjoy,

Jccool

I'm using zephyroth 10.5.2 (SSE3 9.2.0 with EFI like 8.8 or something?), I used the jccool x1900xt installer just fine, rebooted, and can only pick 1280x1024 in the display preferences (monitor is 1680x1050). I have an x1900xt with id 7249 and that big long hex string is in the com.apple.Boot.plist.

What am I missing?

I'm using zephyroth 10.5.2 (SSE3 9.2.0 with EFI like 8.8 or something?), I used the jccool x1900xt installer just fine, rebooted, and can only pick 1280x1024 in the display preferences (monitor is 1680x1050). I have an x1900xt with id 7249 and that big long hex string is in the com.apple.Boot.plist.

What am I missing?

Hi,

thats kinda strange, try this,

go to /library/preferences/systemconfiguration and drag a copy of your boot plist to desktop. Opoen it up and where it says 1280x1024x32 put 1680x1050x32 save and replace,

good luck

Jccool

Hi,

thats kinda strange, try this,

go to /library/preferences/systemconfiguration and drag a copy of your boot plist to desktop. Opoen it up and where it says 1280x1024x32 put 1680x1050x32 save and replace,

good luck

Jccool

Jccool, I already tried that at the command line at boot "Graphics Mode"="1680x1050x32" but I'll try this too! Rebooting now.

edit: Didn't work. Are there any logs or anything I can post?

edit2: Gah, I edited the backup. Trying again

edit3: stuck 1680x1050x32 in there instead of 1280x1024x32, and it set resolution to 1400x1050...The huge key is definitely in there. Begins with "74020000010" bunch of other numbers, ends with "f70696173"

@cosgrove,

it looks like your just not getting res change, I guess your better of just using an injector for now

@cappej

I don't know why you cannot extend your monitor, all seems fine, maybe there is a tool that can spicificly do this?

@cosgrove,

simply restore your boot plist from backup, install my 10.5.1 installer then install my 10.5.2 update (non efi one)

Remember I have an x1900xt. Aren't your 10.5.1 installs for x1950xt? Also, the All-in-one package just has the same x1900xt install that is listed on the web, and they're both EFI. I don't see any non-EFI x1900xt 10.5.1 installs. Is that really what you meant?

@cappej

I don't know why you cannot extend your monitor, all seems fine, maybe there is a tool that can spicificly do this?

Tanks for your reply...

I think it too! but where?

In System Preferences --> Display I can see rotation option and color setting only... And the utility "ATI DISPLAY 4.6" doesn't find compatible graphic board... it can see until 9700 and 9800 family... I really don't know where find a solution...

If someone know where I can find this panel please contact me here on in PVT... I'll take a look to this post every day.

I'll try to create a new post here in driver session of this forum.

Tanks a lot you all... I'll stay tuned.

see you.

P.s. I saw someone who have got installed "ATI DISPLAY 4.9" certificated for x19xx family... but I can't find it for intel X86, G5 powerMac only ... If someone know where I can find this, please, contact me...

Tanks again.

I saw someone who have got installed "ATI DISPLAY 4.9" certificated for x19xx family... but I can't find it for intel X86, G5 powerMac only

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...hl=ATI+displays

If you follow the thread you can easily trick the installer. This method works fine, I've used it a couple of times.

@ demonicbunny

Tanks for your link, this evening i'll try it!

see you

Nothing happened...

I intalled teh 4.5.9 ati panel, but it don't recognise my hardware... so no advanced feature...

... I bought a DVI cable too... to repalece my VGA... nothing... it doesn't turn on too...

Or my card is not compatible with this version of OSX or I've problem with driver...

I'll try again... if I find a solution I'll post it here...

bye

HI Jccool,

and finally... IT WORK!... or better ALMOST WORK!

... I really think I've got a Poltergaist in my PC who enjoy with myself...

x1900xtlz8.th.png

x1900xtlz8.th.png

Here is my new Graphic card information...

I installede a new JAS 10.4.8... I updatede to 10.4.9 and again to 10.4.10... I'VE INSTALLED NO OTHER "X1.000.SOMETHING" patched kext... yours olny... My dual monitor work perfectly...

but....

NO Q/E and C/I working now... so... I installed "openGL for Tiger" too... nothing... It don't want to work...

I saw 'cause I installed Toast 8 and Paralles... Toast don't start... and Parallels... It's incredible... every time I open a Win XP session, it seems to see "The Ring" movie... Have you got in mind the black and white scene of the child who exti from the pit? the same effect! I lose frame... as I try to start OSX TIGER on a G3 266mhz with 128 RAM PC133!

What I wrong this time...

Tanks a lot again...

Hi,

So i update Kalyway 10.5.1 to 10.5.2.

Leopard is working but QE/Ci don't working now with my Card Sapphire ATI XT1900 (724b).

I see that Jccool method doesn't work with this card.

I try the ATIInject Alex.upsitedown.free.Fr but there is no change.

My Card:

Jeu de composants : ATY,RadeonX1900

Type : Moniteur

Bus : PCIe

Longueur de la voie PCIe : x16

VRAM (totale) : 256 Mo

Fournisseur : ATI (0x1002)

Identifiant du périphérique : 0x724b

Identifiant de révision : 0x0000

Révision de la ROM : ATYinject X1900 0.0.1

Moniteurs :

B1980S1 :

Résolution : 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Profondeur : Couleurs 32 bits

Core Image : Logiciel

Moniteur principal : Oui

Miroir : Désactivé

Connecté : Oui

Quartz Extreme : Non géré

Connecteur pour le moniteur :

État : Aucun moniteur connecté

Thaks for help,

@ ngocvu

Hi,

Are you sure you've got a x1900XT?

your code (724b) seems of a X1900gt ...

Hello,

You are right, it's a X1900GT ;) i'm in the wrong post?

Somebody has a solution for the GT?