HOW TO: Get the Sapphire X1950XT(id7244) and X1900XT (id7249) to work NOT THE PRO (Jccool Method)

jccool

804 posts in this topic

hi jccool. I know my card is quite different but maybe there is sth in common and you can help, who knows. I've tried all the other threads in this forum, but seems like the guru's are quiet at the moment. My question is related to issues with Dual DVI. on my X1650Pro (more details here), I get everything working, but only one DVI monitor is recognized, the other stays dead. Is there anything in the kexts that I can edit to make it recognize or is it that it either both DVIs just work with one device id or they don't. The details of my problem are in the above post.

thank you

tgd

Hi,

well, your device id's (like the ones in x1000) are only used for qe & ci... Natit.kext is what provides res change and dvi, also, whether you mod x1000ga with 2 dev id's or not, it is ignored because x1000ga is if you use the ndrv framebuffer but you are using natit. try different versions of Natit, maybe one will give you dual dvi... you could try the natit from my method (gave me dual dvi) or if your using Netkas's PC_EFI then you can wait until someone dumps the efi values for the x1650,

Good Luck

Jccool

Hi,

well, your device id's (like the ones in x1000) are only used for qe & ci... Natit.kext is what provides res change and dvi, also, whether you mod x1000ga with 2 dev id's or not, it is ignored because x1000ga is if you use the ndrv framebuffer but you are using natit. try different versions of Natit, maybe one will give you dual dvi... you could try the natit from my method (gave me dual dvi) or if your using Netkas's PC_EFI then you can wait until someone dumps the efi values for the x1650,

Good Luck

Jccool

thank you for the explanation on natit. I was under the impression that I had to change sth in the other kexts. I will follow your suggestion and try a couple different natit, starting with yours. do I need to edit it and change device ids before I use it? won't hurt to just try without editing I guess.

thanks again

Can't seen to activate it with either one, 10.5.1 vanilla , efi v8, asus 1900xt 512, asus p5k-e. it boots just like it would without natit.

My Boot.plist is just the one you send it to jccool with the 1 on the correct place for p35 :/

I even use apple dvi to video pal adapter with jccool method and would like to try it with direct with efi

jccool can you please rehost your installer i have the same gfx card as you (same id) so your method will work for me however all your links seem to be dead and this topic is waaay to long to go through the whole thing, i dont know of any other way of getting my card up an running so if you could you would be doing me and i suspect a lot of other people a huge favor.

Inneed drivers for my HIS x1950xtx crossfire edition anyone can help me please? iatkos recognize me as generic ati with 256ram instead 512 and a fixed resolution of 1024x768 ...i cannot change resolution :rolleyes:

help please!

does anyone have this file that they can share

the link appears to be dead an i would like to put the proper driver on my machine

This is the link to the All In One Installer (23Mb)

Includes Both Tiger & Leopard installers 10.4.8-10.5.1

AIO Installer

Hello everyone,

sorry about the downtime for the all in one installer, The file was misplaced but it's back now and can be found here : http://www.mediafire.com/?6e5gn6z9jbn or on the first post...

enjoy,

please remember, if you find the Jccool Method and the support that comes with it useful, please consider making a donation

here : DONATE HERE

thank you,

Jccool

Has anyone managed to load the x1950xt using EFI gfx strings? And is it even possible to get X1950XT working natively in OSX without the use of Natit?

I thank you for your answers in advance.

edit: I should add, I'm trying to get X1950XT to work with the 10.5.2 + Leopard Graphics updates.

Hi!

I've installed the 10.5.2 update. OK... but when I installed the Graphics update and then installed again the Jcool Installer this's what happened ^_^

imagen4th2.png

imagen2fv4.png

All system menus screwed up :(, I think it's because the new 10.5.2 framework isn't compatible with the 10.5.1 drivers?

thanks for any help!

ddrdark: that's exactly what happened to me, when I updated to 10.5.2 :(. That's why I'm doing a fresh installation, and trying to use X1950XT with EFI support.

So far, I've mannaged to get the full hardware support through EFI, with Quarz Extreme, and without any driver installer. I've only made changes in 'ATIRadeonX1000.kext' file - I've added my DEVICEID number (0x72441002) to the rest of them.

Now it's time to update to 10.5.2. Crossing my fingers.

ps: I'll post the HEX file for EFI support for the X1950XT, when I'll make sure it works in 10.5.2.

Thanks a lot chipxsd, I've VGA-strings working too... well with 10.5.1 works nice, but with 10.5.2... I think that EFI strings only give support for resolution change, by the way I never added any device Id to atiraedon1000.kext :)

thanks anyway! hope you can fix it ^_^

Another success story! Mine also works perfectly. I included my com.apple.boot.plist file, so X1950XT users can get their GPUs working natively in 10.5.2.

Again, this is only for the Saphire X1950XT id7244 graphic cards (256Mb).

Another thing, I'd like to add ... I found this on forum.netkas.org.

If you aren't on P35 or G33 mobo you must change this value. IF YOU ARE on p35 or g33 don't modify nothing
6c0200000100000001000000600200000d00000002010c00d041030a01
6c0200000100000001000000600200000d00000002010c00d041030a00

ps: delete the .txt extension of the attached file.

pps: I just figured out, it was you DDrDark, who posted the thing I quoted from the netkas forum :) I Hope you don't mind.

com.apple.Boot.plist.txt

So has anyone had any luck with the Leopard Graphics update yet? I really don't want to have to so a clean install :wub:

To get qe/ci simply add your device id to atix1000.kext and install the kext with kexthelper b7... resolution change can be obtained with the natit.kext from my installer or as I and many others are doing, trough pc efi... because of this new found way, (and no donations) I'm not sure if there is a point in me developing a 10.5.2 installer...

Jccool

post-7618-1203042176_thumb.png